Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone Else Who Doesn't Care About Toddlers?

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited June 2014
    Goodness!

I put this thread up because there were close to 50 threads up with petitions and pleas to not buy the game, and cancel pre-orders because of no toddlers.

EDIT: (Some of which contain cursing and all kinds of nasty bad-mouthing about a company, gurus and a game)

And I felt that Some people, obviously not all, and maybe not even the majority, but some people didn't care that much if there weren't toddlers. So this was the thread for them.

And yeah, I have a sense of humour, whether some people get, agree with, or appreciate that. But my intent really isn't to make fun of people or ridicule people who want toddlers, but I guess to bring attention to needing 50 threads about it, what is so wrong with having ONE thread saying it's O.K. to not have toddlers? OR just that some people may not care about sims toddlers and that's o.k.

And I feel like Some people just jump on the bandwagon for whatever it is - toddlers, pools, cars, just because there's a thread up gaining steam and momentum when in reality they don't care that much about toddlers, pools , cars, whatever, whether pets in the base game, the list goes on.
  • Options
    saranel81saranel81 Posts: 138 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Akila906 wrote:
    saranel81 wrote:
    zorba2357 wrote:
    . . .

Many people love it, I just never felt the need to play that way. It, however is only ONE part of sims 2, only one way to play. There are plenty of other ways people can play.

I just don't believe sims 4 and the sims series as a whole should turn into only a "Legacy" game.

I agree with this. I've said before, Sims is versatile. People can play so many ways, and TS4 should embrace that.

But right now, I - as a "legacy" style simmer - feel like I'm being left out.

I'm a decorating and building simmer so I'm definitely being left out with no CASt and no color wheel. EA/Maxis has completely taken away my ability to be creative and to make my sims and their homes unique. At least toddlers can be added to the game later. CASt and a color wheel supposedly can't.

An excellent point. Anyone who is a decorator (not me, not by a long-shot, but I certainly appreciate the efforts of those who are!) is definitely going to feel limited by a lack of CASt. What type of simmer did they have in mind while developing this game? Who else is going to feel left out?
  • Options
    BobboBobbo Posts: 1,471 Member
    edited June 2014
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    ***** wrote:
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    I build more than I actually play, but when I do, I like to create my family. My husband, me, and my little girl.... who is a toddler! Now I can't do that! For those that do not care about toddlers being in the game I respect that, but also respect that for a lot of players it is important to have all life stages to play a balanced family life in the game.

Is there some reason why your game is malfunctioning? Are you getting an error of some sort? I know my way around a good deal of the bugs and I would be happy to help.

Otherwise you can absolutely keep doing what you have done and you will be able to probably keep doing it 15 years from now in TS3.

People keep claiming they are losing something but you aren't. TS4, at least the base game, may not have you as a targeted market. The TS3 base game really wasn't targeted at me. It was way more dollhouse than I would have liked. I kept playing TS2 for years after TS3 was released.

TS4 may eventually be the game you want it to be and it may not. But TS3 was a version of this game and it has developmentally run its course. It is time for something new and different otherwise there would be no need to actually make and sell a new version of this game.

Malfunctioning? No, my game runs fine. No issues with errors, no lag with anything. Thanks for your wanting to help though. I just prefer to build and share more than to play a sim/family. I have Sims 2 and Sims 3 installed on my PC and was excited to add the new installment. I just can't understand the justification of removing a whole life state.... regardless of one's preference of them. Being a builder CASt was already a blow, but I got over it. This just one more thing added to a very long list.

People keep saying remove but we don't know if it was ever in TS4. All we really know is that originally they intended to and for whatever reason it did not work out right now.

There is a good chance that in 4 or 5 months it will come in a patch to the game and there is a better chance that the new toddlers might actually be good.
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited June 2014
    Good point *****, if it was ever in sims 1, 2, or 3, people say it's now been "removed" from sims 4.
  • Options
    becca022becca022 Posts: 163 Member
    edited June 2014
    When I heard that toddlers aren't going to be in the game, I was thinking oookkayyy, that's pretty silly. BUT on the other hand, the new features etc in the game seem pretty cool and I can't wait to check it out.

So many people focus on the negatives and imo they're making fools of themselves, if you don't like it, don't buy it, it's that simple.
  • Options
    Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited June 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    Pools are better than Toddlers.

I agree 1000% :D
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • Options
    nerogafflingnerogaffling Posts: 296 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm not P.O.'d about the lack of features from Sims 3 into the Sims 4... the one I know will bother me the most is lack of color wheel or CASt... well not true honestly the lack of CASt doesn't bother me either, but I at least want a color wheel... I'm not the most creative Simmer, but I enjoy tuning my Sims clothes to match what I'm aiming for.

I already Pre-ordered the game, because like one of you said, It's not The Sims 3, It's a whole new line, and I wanna see just how they changed it from the previous games.

It's like a new piece of canvas to a painter... you will have all the basics, and leave it up to your own mind as to what masterpiece you can make with it.

Eventually you'll learn about what you love from each game will always be something different.

For example, My favorites

Sims 1: Makin' Magic
    I spent almost all my time on the community lots trying to build friendships, and all my magical skills. I did not play the families, newborns and children aggravated me.

Sims 2: Night Life
    I hated the community lots, I spent all my time at home growing LARGE families, and skipped the toddler and child stages often. I loved my vampire family tree because it was 5 generations long and had so many roots. It was the most proud I ever was over a family in the Sims ever.

Sims 3: Supernatural
    I still spend most of my time on the home lot, but I love that I can just point and click ant my sim is on their way to a lake, or something. I really enjoy how I can tell stories with this game, and be unique and show off my own styles and have a Sim that is wearing the SAME thing as someone else, but yet I looks so different because I made it how I wanted. I love that I can build multistory houses, and have basements.

The thing I think about every time I get a new Sims base game is, I loved it more because it was so different from the last generation's game play... that my favorite expansions were always just that, expansion pack... and that no matter what everyone said about which ever game, I still bought it, and found something about it that I Loved to keep me hooked on it.

I'm really sorry that this post is so long, and Blah Blah Blahed, but I had to get it out.

cropped-screenshot-6.jpg
  • Options
    mattific17mattific17 Posts: 137 Member
    edited June 2014
    Who knows? They might have toddler fetish.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    edited June 2014
    I know I don't care for Toddlers but Pools are a different story
  • Options
    PassionfruittartePassionfruittarte Posts: 131 Member
    edited June 2014
    I never had kids even in Sims 1, 2, and 3. Never liked taking care of kids even in real life... I have babysit so many kids and kids are brats! I don't like to clean up their mess nor clean their ****. I've always been single on my Sims. When my Sims get married I never play them after. My Sims goes on dates but never try for baby. If there is an accident I try not to save the game. Although I love my niece and nephews and gave them gifts for Christmas, any other kids are banned!

I tend to ignore this feature.
  • Options
    fecklessrudiefecklessrudie Posts: 87 Member
    edited June 2014
    I guess you can say I both like them and I dislike them in a way, and here's why:
    While I didn't mind that the features taken out were taken out, what did bother me was how many were taken out and my last straw was the toddlers. Granted, after calming down and getting over the shock of finding out that we aren't getting toddlers in the base game, I'm more neutral about the toddlers thing than before and I'm even excited about the game again, though there is still a little bit of disappointment and I'm still slightly afraid to hope for anything when it comes to this game.

I'd like to elaborate on why I'm more neutral on the toddler issue though:
    I got to thinking that I like toddlers, but I agree with what other people have said that toddlers were better in TS2 because of more interactions. I don't remember exactly what those interactions were since I haven't played TS2 in a long time, but I remember them being extremely adorable and fun! Well worth the work it takes taking care of them because they are dependent on older Sims. So I like toddlers, but I prefer TS2 toddlers to TS3 toddlers.

On an unrelated side note, I was hoping the pools in TS4 would be like pools in TS2. I don't know if it was because I was younger and more easily impressed, but I remember spending a good amount of time playing just Marco Polo in the pool with my Sims family. :P I guess I can't have something like that, at least for now.
    AryBzxr.png
  • Options
    limelylimelimelylime Posts: 6
    edited June 2014
    I personally do not care about toddlers, don't get me wrong they were cute but after I had done all I needed to do with them they were just like a chore and I aged them up quickly after that. Pools also didn't really matter to me except for the occasional swim during summer. It just saddens me that people are throwing the towel and insulting people who still want to buy the game, when they themselves haven't even tried it yet. I'll buy on the release day and if ever I ended up hating it that's on me, until the day I can fully judge the game I'll remain optimistic, and also the people who insult the gurus...REALLY??????????????? don't forget these were the same people who brought you sims 1-3 (although I'm sure changes have been made to personnel over the years) I think with 14 years of experience they know what they're doing, and also to the people who call out those still in support of EA claiming "they would buy dog **** if it had sims on the cover" that's really just uncalled for.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2014
    On Sep 2 2014 and after will determine if Sims 4 is a flop or a bestseller. Now I am sitting and waiting for that date to come and pass.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    KBrox1KBrox1 Posts: 234 Member
    edited June 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    I have to be honest, I could give a hoot about Toddlers not being in Sims 4 base game. I'm finding it ridiculously laughable reading 20 posts for a petition to not buy sims 4 and cancel pre-orders because of no toddlers. It's like a mini revolution over toddlers.

I love pools and swimwear and hot tubs BUT it still isn't a deal breaker for me.

The dealbreaker for me is actually the sims 3! I can't stand a lot of things about sims 3, especially puddy faced sims, sims 3 story progression, and only 1 family able to play per "save".

Sims 4 is going to deal differently with those things and for that I am happy.

Call it sacrilege, I wouldn't honestly care if the sims were ONLY ADULT, and the game focused on other things. While yes, I have played families and babies, I've never done a legacy. Why should sims cater Only to legacy players, as it seems to me the direction it has gone in.

Boo Hoo I'll bet you are ALL so into toddlers no one will show up at the sims 4 site or buy it, right?

I could care less about all that shizz. I've been so excited for TS4. Nothing has made me question it yet.
    <iframe width="202" height="25" src="http://embed.wattpad.com/follow/cosmicondoms/follow/cosmicondoms?type=2&theme=light&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • Options
    AuoryAuory Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    Personally I don't care much about there not being toddlers in TS4.

I found having toddlers in TS3 was a hassle. You have to teach them how to walk and talk, potty train them, and they are unable to feed themselves. I like having children in the sims but I dreaded when they became toddlers.

Yes, it may be odd that toddlers are being left out of the game but so what? We are gaining so much more in TS4. I gladly will give up toddlers for a game that makes it easier and more fun to build houses and sims.

Every time any game series release a new game they have to get rid of some of the features in the earlier games. It may suck but just realize that we are gaining a lot in TS4. If you really don't like that they haven't included toddlers then don't buy the game. Just continue playing TS3 that we all love so much. Just realize that unlike TS4, TS3 will not be getting many improvements and expansion packs.
  • Options
    wmissie0925wmissie0925 Posts: 310 Member
    edited June 2014
    Auory wrote:
    Personally I don't care much about there not being toddlers in TS4.

I found having toddlers in TS3 was a hassle. You have to teach them how to walk and talk, potty train them, and they are unable to feed themselves. I like having children in the sims but I dreaded when they became toddlers.

Yes, it may be odd that toddlers are being left out of the game but so what? We are gaining so much more in TS4. I gladly will give up toddlers for a game that makes it easier and more fun to build houses and sims.

Every time any game series release a new game they have to get rid of some of the features in the earlier games. It may suck but just realize that we are gaining a lot in TS4. If you really don't like that they haven't included toddlers then don't buy the game. Just continue playing TS3 that we all love so much. Just realize that unlike TS4, TS3 will not be getting many improvements and expansion packs.

What are we gaining again? I mean the new CAS is nice. I've always wanted multi-tasking and I like the art style. New Orleans style neighborhood is nice. The only other thing is emotions. I'm not sure that is enough to justify everything we have lost. Still sitting firmly on that fence and trying to decide if it is worth the hassle of calling to cancel my preorders.
  • Options
    jwm4901jwm4901 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2014
    What part of "base game" do these people not understand? I bet if you go back to the forum messages before the release of sims2 and sims 3, you would see the same complaints, demands, and petitions--probably posted by some of the same people.

I'm not a big fan of sims3 and I look forward to something new in sims 4.