Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone Else Who Doesn't Care About Toddlers?

I have to be honest, I could give a hoot about Toddlers not being in Sims 4 base game. I'm finding it ridiculously laughable reading 20 posts for a petition to not buy sims 4 and cancel pre-orders because of no toddlers. It's like a mini revolution over toddlers.

I love pools and swimwear and hot tubs BUT it still isn't a deal breaker for me.

The dealbreaker for me is actually the sims 3! I can't stand a lot of things about sims 3, especially puddy faced sims, sims 3 story progression, and only 1 family able to play per "save".

Sims 4 is going to deal differently with those things and for that I am happy.

Call it sacrilege, I wouldn't honestly care if the sims were ONLY ADULT, and the game focused on other things. While yes, I have played families and babies, I've never done a legacy. Why should sims cater Only to legacy players, as it seems to me the direction it has gone in.

Boo Hoo I'll bet you are ALL so into toddlers no one will show up at the sims 4 site or buy it, right?

Comments

• Options
    lilhunnylilhunny Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited June 2014
    what i dont get is why people are 10x more upset about toddlers rather than it being a closed world
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited June 2014
    What I think is that *some*, a few people may really be into toddlers, but a lot aren't and are just joining the ire of the crazed mob mentality.
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm very upset about toddlers.
  • Options
    SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    edited June 2014
    If I'm honest I don't actually care about toddlers not being in the game. I already have four grown up children and a couple of grandchildren so I've been there, done that. The time has come for me to be me again without having to look over my shoulder.

Having said this, I fully understand why so many would be upset that they're not in the game. If there is one thing that so many females like, it's the idea of starting a family and what better place to do it than in a Sims game. So as an older simmer who has already been through the experience of bringing up children several times, I may be in the minority here.

• Options
    BookwormsBookworms Posts: 87 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't care too much about toddlers, but I'm sure others do. Be considerate about how others play the game.

But I'm just glad TS 4 will have CAST, open world and pools, totally takes my mind off of no toddlers.

Oh wait. :roll:
  • Options
    Taranatar9Taranatar9 Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have no particular love for toddlers myself, but they're a necessary stage in a "life simulation". More importantly, the fact that they're ditching whole life stages at this late date just to get it out the door tells you what condition this game is in, and makes you wonder just how much more they're going to have to cut just to get it to the shelves on time.
  • Options
    TynkTynk Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited June 2014
    The thing is, most of the anger isn't ONLY because of toddlers. Toddlers are just the straw that broke the camel's back.

it is all of the other basic things that have been cut and are undoing 14 years of franchise growth and development that people are raging about. it is the "misspeaking/misunderstandings". it is the blatant disregard for long time simmers wants. For what? Because they made a bad choice in the direction of the game? That isn't our fault, and we shouldn't have to pay for that bad choice by forking over $70 for a base game, that so far.... its only bragging rights are a CAS that "is like a game by itself" and tactile, intuitive, emotions. rah rah sis boom bah

We just want quality for our money. Not a stripped down skeleton of a franchise a lot of us have loved for 14 years.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    I have to be honest, I could give a hoot about Toddlers not being in Sims 4 base game. I'm finding it ridiculously laughable reading 20 posts for a petition to not buy sims 4 and cancel pre-orders because of no toddlers. It's like a mini revolution over toddlers.

I love pools and swimwear and hot tubs BUT it still isn't a deal breaker for me.

The dealbreaker for me is actually the sims 3! I can't stand a lot of things about sims 3, especially puddy faced sims, sims 3 story progression, and only 1 family able to play per "save".

Call it sacrilege, I wouldn't honestly care if the sims were ONLY ADULT, and the game focused on other things. While yes, I have played families and babies, I've never done a legacy. Why should sims cater Only to legacy players, as it seems to me the direction it has gone in.

Boo Hoo I'll bet you are ALL so into toddlers no one will show up at the sims 4 site or buy it, right?

I’m upset about the fact that it is yet another thing to add to an ever-growing list of things that have been stripped out of the game. At the rate EA are going with this there isn’t going to be much of anything to actually launch in September.
  • Options
    BeaEllaBeaElla Posts: 366 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't particularly like playing them (I age them up as soon as they have completed their skills :P) but I do want them in the game, still. I don't know.. I just like having them around I guess and find it a little silly that they have been taken out.

I'm reconsidering buying the game when it's first released, but I know myself well enough to know that I most likely buy it at some point :)
    My chaotic simblr
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Sometimes Less is More, have you ever thought of that?
  • Options
    BookwormsBookworms Posts: 87 New Member
    edited June 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:

But this time less is less and less is more CAS screenshots.

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited June 2014
    I feel bad for the players who will miss toddlers in the base game. It doesn't mean they won't be in the game in the future. Yesterday Ryan said they wouldn't be available when the game shipped. That does not mean they won't be added.

Personally loss of toddlers is not a big deal to me. I'm looking forward to playing TS4. September 2nd can't come fast enough.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    MoonbarkerMoonbarker Posts: 1,281 Member
    edited June 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:

Not this time.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:

You seriously just post that? Oh yes! I really want to spend upwards of £50 on a game that is even more stripped down and bare bones than what I thought the £40 TS3 was! :roll:

Let’s actually take stock of what we have less of here, shall we?

We have less customisation because they removed CASt.
    We have less freedom to roam around as we please because they removed the open world.
    We have fewer families because we have to share a maximum of 25 lots between residential and community lots (and that's a best case scenario, since these 5 neighbourhoods could contain anywhere from 2 - 5 lots 25 is literally the BEST we are ever going to get and it'll probably be a lot less than that).
    We lost the ability to edit the world around us. Hate that ugly park? Well too bad! You can't edit it now.
    We have fewer age groups yet they decided to keep a largely useless duplicate age group (YA and A – WHY?!)
    (I'm not even going into the other things people suspect have been removed)

Oh yes! Removing all of these things is really giving us MORE in the long run isn’t it? Now don’t get me wrong – I don’t care about CASt and I never particularly cared for the open world either but stacked up with everything else? IT FREAKING MATTERS.

This game is worse than bare bones, it’s practically non-existent. I mean what do we really have to show for several years of development at this point? A bunch of repeated CAS videos and the emphasis that sims have emotions now. WOW.

If you want to buy the game that’s cool but please do not pretend that what has happened to this game has been for the benefit of the player; because it hasn’t.
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't care about CASt, open worlds, toddlers or pools. The thing I am most bummed they decided not to do was the new woohoo skill. And the things I am most looking forward to are the new CAS and the multi-tasking.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    edited June 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:

I hope if they ever remove or ruin a favorite aspect of your Sims experience that you receive the same amount of concern and respect that you've shown in your post.
  • Options
    3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well personally i played them in my household once since the sims 3 launched in 2009.

They were cute though.

I hated how lacking they were in things to do. I was hoping the sims 4 would have fixed that.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:

I hope if they ever remove or ruin a favorite aspect of your Sims experience that you receive the same amount of concern and respect that you've shown in your post.

Thanks because they DID ruin the sims experience for me with the sims 3!
  • Options
    TynkTynk Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well personally i played them in my household once since the sims 3 launched in 2009.

They were cute though.

I hated how lacking they were in things to do. I was hoping the sims 4 would have fixed that.

But they did fix it! Not enough stuff to do w/ them? Just get rid of them completely. No more lack of toddler interactions!
  • Options
    hannahkinzherpshannahkinzherps Posts: 300 Member
    edited June 2014
    The open world was god awful, laggy, and lackluster. The world was full of deadzones and to be quite honest, the TS4 world isn't even closed. It's semi-open. Also a 10 second loading screen will not kill you
    CASt was laggy.
    Toddlers are only cute for the first couple times, then they're just a chore.
    Pools? I never use them literally ever?
    Cars? Who needs those? Especially in TS3 considering a free taxi chauffeured you around.

Everybody is just being a drama queen. It's just a game. Don't like it, don't buy it. Don't spam the threads with slander, or try to tell people what they're spending their own money on is wrong, that they're stupid, mindless, etc.

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:

I don't think you understand the premise of the anger and the outrage all over the internet. EA has a long black history of nickel and diming players. From holding out stuff to add in EPs later, which clearly to work properly in the future belong in a core base. They also have a long history of pumping out the same games over and over with just a tweak here and a tweak there and calling it new, intuitive and innovative. Go check Youtube for how all the players of EA games feel about any game they produce. It's common knowledge. So, you don't play toddlers, fine, however, it's not just that, it's the fact they will snow you into believing they can be added later, just a fully fleshed out and worthwhile if they had put them in the base, and oh wait, another fifty, please when life states 'are' the core of The Sims. This is why your TS3 toddler is so boring...and afterthought...the TS2 toddler is not an afterthought. It was determined how those would behave and interact in the core. Where as TS3 never focused on any other life state other than the YA. And sold it like pie to TS3 players as gold, all the while with holding core game features and interactions (Generations etc.) as features that belonged in an EP when almost all of it belonged in the interactions of the core. It's their practice of milking the customer blind. (One every game ever produced by them). And as long as you accept it, next time you will be paying extra for the Sim to sleep in the bed next generation.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    The open world was god awful, laggy, and lackluster. The world was full of deadzones and to be quite honest, the TS4 world isn't even closed. It's semi-open. Also a 10 second loading screen will not kill you
    CASt was laggy.
    Cars? Who needs those? Especially in TS3 considering a free taxi chauffeured you around.

Everybody is just being a drama queen. It's just a game. Don't like it, don't buy it. Don't spam the threads with slander, or try to tell people what they're spending their own money on is wrong, that they're stupid, mindless, etc.

Pot = Kettle.

Next you'll be saying who needs houses or sims.:roll:

Do you see how ridiculous this is getting? Just because YOU don't care about a particular feature doesn't mean that it's absence is not important. I couldn't give two figs whether CASt and the open world were in the game or not but the list of things that aren't in the game has already surpassed the list of things that are in the game.

At the end of the day it is not OK for them to release a game so devoid of features in general and expect people to pay such an extortionate price.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Darkslayer wrote:
    zorba2357 wrote:

You seriously just post that? Oh yes! I really want to spend upwards of £50 on a game that is even more stripped down and bare bones than what I thought the £40 TS3 was! :roll:

Let’s actually take stock of what we have less of here, shall we?

We have less customisation because they removed CASt.
    We have less freedom to roam around as we please because they removed the open world.
    We have fewer families because we have to share a maximum of 25 lots between residential and community lots (and that's a best case scenario, since these 5 neighbourhoods could contain anywhere from 2 - 5 lots 25 is literally the BEST we are ever going to get and it'll probably be a lot less than that).
    We have fewer age groups yet they decided to keep a largely useless duplicate age group (YA and A – WHY?!)
    (I'm not even going into the other things people suspect have been removed)

Oh yes! Removing all of these things is really giving us MORE in the long run isn’t it? Now don’t get me wrong – I don’t care about CASt and I never particularly cared for the open world either but stacked up with everything else? IT FREAKING MATTERS.

This game is worse than bare bones, it’s practically non-existent. I mean what do we really have to show for several years of development at this point? A bunch of repeated CAS videos and the emphasis that sims have emotions now. WOW.

If you want to buy the game that’s cool but please do not pretend that what has happened to this game has been for the benefit of the player; because it hasn’t.

Yes, I seriously posted That! :lol:

But hear me out. Everyone says this , this, and that was REMOVED. But just because it was IN sims 1, 2, or 3, doesn't mean it was IN sims 4 and then "removed". Maybe it just wasn't in sims 4 in the first place. O.K. that might sound like semantics but it could be reality.

Sometimes starting at "Bare Bones" is what's needed. And after the mostly crappy experience of sims 3, I'm all for it. Whether it is really "for the player" or not, well, I won't go so far as to argue That :wink: .

I AGREE with you about having adult AND Young Adult, I've been saying that forever. It came about because "young adults" go to university in sims 2. I understand that. Other than that I would prefer to have Just "Adult" age group.

You haven't played the game yet, and seeing a few videos, and hearing a few guru interviews isn't the same as having the game on your own computer. How can anyone say that the game feels like it's missing something?
  • Options
    Zanku5Zanku5 Posts: 90 Member
    edited June 2014
    I feel the same way as you about those aspects of sims 3. So now I'm really open to the things they are doing with sims 4. Sims 3 took away my style of gameplay. With what we currently know about the game, there isn't really anything they could announce for sims 4 that wouldn't have me buying it. I'll see on release if its good or not. For those who like sims 3 I understand if you are worried about the direction, or if you are someone who doesn't like the direction it is going for whatever reason.
  • Options
    hannahkinzherpshannahkinzherps Posts: 300 Member
    edited June 2014
    Darkslayer wrote:
    CASt was laggy.

Pot = Kettle.

Elaborate?