Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone Else Who Doesn't Care About Toddlers?

Comments

• Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited June 2014
    The open world was god awful, laggy, and lackluster. The world was full of deadzones and to be quite honest, the TS4 world isn't even closed. It's semi-open. Also a 10 second loading screen will not kill you
    CASt was laggy.
    Toddlers are only cute for the first couple times, then they're just a chore.
    Pools? I never use them literally ever?
    Cars? Who needs those? Especially in TS3 considering a free taxi chauffeured you around.

Everybody is just being a drama queen. It's just a game. Don't like it, don't buy it. Don't spam the threads with slander, or try to tell people what they're spending their own money on is wrong, that they're stupid, mindless, etc.

CASt was just coded badly in TS3. It didn't affect the rest of the game and the 'lag' was only for about 5 seconds once you load it. This doesn't mean they would have to get rid of it in the sequel, this would be a stupid reason if you ask me. Open World could be improved in TS4. Rip it completely apart is not a smart choice. Who guarantee it would be still buggy and laggy if they did it right? they are not even trying with it.
    About Pools, Toddlers and Car are a matter of taste. I'm afraid you didn't reach your dealbreaker yet, but for each their own. Personally, i don't care how much these add to the Gameplay, as much it's there it's awesome. This is only a consequence of a rushed game coming from a project doomed from the start called Olympus.
  • Options
    DaQueen84DaQueen84 Posts: 400 New Member
    edited June 2014
    It's not that I don't care, but I found in TS3 that I get bored with them so fast and I never has kids in TS2. So it's not too much of a loss imo.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited June 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    I have to be honest, I could give a hoot about Toddlers not being in Sims 4 base game. I'm finding it ridiculously laughable reading 20 posts for a petition to not buy sims 4 and cancel pre-orders because of no toddlers. It's like a mini revolution over toddlers.

I love pools and swimwear and hot tubs BUT it still isn't a deal breaker for me.

The dealbreaker for me is actually the sims 3! I can't stand a lot of things about sims 3, especially puddy faced sims, sims 3 story progression, and only 1 family able to play per "save".

Sims 4 is going to deal differently with those things and for that I am happy.

Call it sacrilege, I wouldn't honestly care if the sims were ONLY ADULT, and the game focused on other things. While yes, I have played families and babies, I've never done a legacy. Why should sims cater Only to legacy players, as it seems to me the direction it has gone in.

Boo Hoo I'll bet you are ALL so into toddlers no one will show up at the sims 4 site or buy it, right?

Same for me, Zorba!!! My dealbreaker is the Sims 3, and this game still doesn't have the things that drove me away from Sims 3, so I am good 8) I'm pretty excited about Sims 4 actually!
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited June 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    Darkslayer wrote:
    zorba2357 wrote:
    Sometimes Less is More, have you ever thought of that?

You seriously just post that? Oh yes! I really want to spend upwards of £50 on a game that is even more stripped down and bare bones than what I thought the £40 TS3 was! :roll:

Let’s actually take stock of what we have less of here, shall we?

We have less customisation because they removed CASt.
    We have less freedom to roam around as we please because they removed the open world.
    We have fewer families because we have to share a maximum of 25 lots between residential and community lots (and that's a best case scenario, since these 5 neighbourhoods could contain anywhere from 2 - 5 lots 25 is literally the BEST we are ever going to get and it'll probably be a lot less than that).
    We have fewer age groups yet they decided to keep a largely useless duplicate age group (YA and A – WHY?!)
    (I'm not even going into the other things people suspect have been removed)

Oh yes! Removing all of these things is really giving us MORE in the long run isn’t it? Now don’t get me wrong – I don’t care about CASt and I never particularly cared for the open world either but stacked up with everything else? IT FREAKING MATTERS.

This game is worse than bare bones, it’s practically non-existent. I mean what do we really have to show for several years of development at this point? A bunch of repeated CAS videos and the emphasis that sims have emotions now. WOW.

If you want to buy the game that’s cool but please do not pretend that what has happened to this game has been for the benefit of the player; because it hasn’t.

Yes, I seriously posted That! :lol:

But hear me out. Everyone says this , this, and that was REMOVED. But just because it was IN sims 1, 2, or 3, doesn't mean it was IN sims 4 and then "removed". Maybe it just wasn't in sims 4 in the first place. O.K. that might sound like semantics but it could be reality.

Sometimes starting at "Bare Bones" is what's needed. And after the mostly crappy experience of sims 3, I'm all for it. Whether it is really "for the player" or not, well, I won't go so far as to argue That :wink: .

I AGREE with you about having adult AND Young Adult, I've been saying that forever. It came about because "young adults" go to university in sims 2. I understand that. Other than that I would prefer to have Just "Adult" age group.

You haven't played the game yet, and seeing a few videos, and hearing a few guru interviews isn't the same as having the game on your own computer. How can anyone say that the game feels like it's missing something?

Neither have you. I can tell you the game feels like it's missing something because there have been more things removed than there have been things added. The only things that I know for a fact that have been added (until EA decides to do a face heel turn and deny THOSE as well) are that sims feel things now and that CAS and build mode are more flexible. That's it. If that's enough "content" to add into a base game that retails at £50 then I don't understand why other gaming studios work so hard to produce real, legitimate fun blockbuster titles.

I detested TS3 as well. I hated how dumbed down, boring and lacking it was and for the longest time – I even quit the series halfway through because I got sick of being asked to shell out £30 every couple of months just on the off-chance that it might make the game more interesting for half an hour; never mind all the stupid store content that they withheld from those expansions.

I had high hopes that TS4 was going to bring back the magic and humour that TS2 had. Now though? Now this game sounds like it isn’t going to be much of a game at all and in true EA fashion they’re probably going to nickel and dime us for every little thing that should’ve been in the game. Geez and I thought TS3 was bad for that…

I mean there’s a limit here right? How much needs to be taken away from you before you sit up and think ‘hang on, what’s going on here? Why am I being expected to pay £50 for something that offers so little in return?’

Everyone has different breaking points, mine wasn’t reached until recently but come on. Even if you do still plan to buy the game you have to admit there is a LOT getting taken away here. This isn’t something people are complaining about simply to complain – these are core features of previous games that are being yanked right out from underneath us.
  • Options
    arissabj0811arissabj0811 Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2014
    YES I DO NOT GIVE A DARN!! ABOUT TODDLERS . lol thank you. Finally some sane people on here.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Darkslayer wrote:
    The open world was god awful, laggy, and lackluster. The world was full of deadzones and to be quite honest, the TS4 world isn't even closed. It's semi-open. Also a 10 second loading screen will not kill you
    CASt was laggy.
    Cars? Who needs those? Especially in TS3 considering a free taxi chauffeured you around.

Everybody is just being a drama queen. It's just a game. Don't like it, don't buy it. Don't spam the threads with slander, or try to tell people what they're spending their own money on is wrong, that they're stupid, mindless, etc.

Pot = Kettle.

Elaborate?

Like I said; pot = kettle.

Or, if you need an explanation:-

You are telling people what to do while also undermining the importance of certain features that are gone. If you don't care about those features fine but do not act like they are not important because YOU don't care about them.

They are.
  • Options
    Keilala727Keilala727 Posts: 29 New Member
    edited June 2014
    honestly I felt like that whole toddler stage was a bit annoying cute but... I wish it went faster.. it was a big help in Sims 3 when they added features to help you more but still wasnt much you can do with them... so.. yea i would take them out it... i think once we play we really wont miss them as much as we think... and pools... i build them never use them.. didnt even go to the community pool
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited June 2014
    Personally its clear now that the Sims 4 will be an entirely different beast from the Sims 3. Very little but the basics are carrying over and by basics I mean the Sims themselves, CAS and build mode.

Everything else has been changed up/added or removed.

Regarding toddlers I use them never and won't be missed. Babies - kids - teens - adults - elders. These are the basic stages of life, anything in between is simply details. Yes I know toddlers are a stage of life but in REAL life its like 2-3 years. Barely a few days via sims time...
  • Options
    hannahkinzherpshannahkinzherps Posts: 300 Member
    edited June 2014
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Darkslayer wrote:
    CASt was laggy.

Pot = Kettle.

Elaborate?

You are telling people what to do while also undermining the importance of certain features that are gone. If you don't care about those features fine but do not act like they are not important because YOU don't care about them.

They are.

They're not gone. They will be implemented at some point. I don't think they're important but that's not why I'm still gonna buy the game.

I'm not telling anybody to do anything other than be a decent person and respect others, nor am I insulting people who choose to not buy the game. They're already not buying the game but oh no, they're not satisfied with making their own decisions. They feel the need to force their opinions down everybody else's throats and make us feel bad for wanting something different from them.
  • Options
    ClaudiaElzoClaudiaElzo Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited June 2014
    The problem is toddlers and pools wont be added not because they CAN'T but because they care more about being able to get our money sooner and just release a game that is actually disgusting how obvious it is that its totally and completely incomplete
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    If TS4 is a entirely new game built from scratch like some people are saying and implying. I wonder why it's called TS4 and not something else in the first place. :wink:
  • Options
    webdznrwebdznr Posts: 572 Member
    edited June 2014
    Tynk wrote:
    The thing is, most of the anger isn't ONLY because of toddlers. Toddlers are just the straw that broke the camel's back.

it is all of the other basic things that have been cut and are undoing 14 years of franchise growth and development that people are raging about. it is the "misspeaking/misunderstandings". it is the blatant disregard for long time simmers wants. For what? Because they made a bad choice in the direction of the game? That isn't our fault, and we shouldn't have to pay for that bad choice by forking over $70 for a base game, that so far.... its only bragging rights are a CAS that "is like a game by itself" and tactile, intuitive, emotions. rah rah sis boom bah

We just want quality for our money. Not a stripped down skeleton of a franchise a lot of us have loved for 14 years.

Well put! This is exactly how I feel. I don't hardly play families but this was just too many red flags to be taken with a grain of salt. I won't be buying a stripped down, rushed out piece of regurgitated, online garbage mess just so the shareholders can make money the fourth quarter. I was HIGHLY upset over the open world being gone, GREATLY upset over CASt being removed and the ability to change colors, saddened by the small neighborhoods, dismayed over vehicle decor, PO'd over the inability to change public areas, shocked to see no pools in basegame... but when they took a life stage out, well that was the last straw for me. I'm not saying I won't buy it in the future if it has the chance of longevity to put most of these things back in (except open world and CASt I realize no hope of that.) However, I won't be patting EA on the back by buying their Game of Emotions in September.
    The Sims 4 :: Think 'inside' the box.
  • Options
    VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't really care about toddlers, I very rarely even play families. I am probably one of the few that plays all single sims in a more social and dating type environment. My sims are usually career driven and only date and go to the clubs to socialize when they have days off. I play family every day in real life, I have a toddler and a 3 month old, I get my fair share of it.

Pools, I never even have my sims go swimming, I do like them for landscaping though.

My biggest problem with Sims 3 was the relationships between sims and how easy it was to build them and how every sim just liked every sim. I am looking forward to the emotion part of Sims 4 but I'm seriously worried that with all the emphasis on emotions the gameplay is going to be lacking. It just seems like the devs can never find a nice balance between the two things. Either the sims are robots and have no qualities or the environment is boring and the gameplay stale.

Here's to hoping they can find a balance with number 4.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Darkslayer wrote:
    Darkslayer wrote:
    CASt was laggy.

Pot = Kettle.

Elaborate?

They are.

They're not gone. They will be implemented at some point. I don't think they're important but that's not why I'm still gonna buy the game.

I'm not telling anybody to do anything other than be a decent person and respect others, nor am I insulting people who choose to not buy the game. They're already not buying the game but oh no, they're not satisfied with making their own decisions. They feel the need to force their opinions down everybody else's throats and make us feel bad for wanting something different from them.

First of all yes they are gone; we have absolutely no indication from EA that any of the things taken away are going to be implemented later and so until we do those things should be treated as what they are; gone.
    (some things such as CASt and the open world can never come back).

Also; read your post again because you are doing exactly the same thing.
  • Options
    hannahkinzherpshannahkinzherps Posts: 300 Member
    edited June 2014
    IcySlash wrote:
    If TS4 is a entirely new game built from scratch like some people are saying and implying. I wonder why it's called TS4 and not something else in the first place. :wink:

It's built from scratch bc the original Sims 4 (Olympus) was online only. Once EA felt a massive backlash from the community, they quickly scrapped that idea and game and began working on what is now TS4. That's what I think they mean.
  • Options
    emma7863emma7863 Posts: 118 New Member
    edited June 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    I have to be honest, I could give a hoot about Toddlers not being in Sims 4 base game. I'm finding it ridiculously laughable reading 20 posts for a petition to not buy sims 4 and cancel pre-orders because of no toddlers. It's like a mini revolution over toddlers.

I love pools and swimwear and hot tubs BUT it still isn't a deal breaker for me.

The dealbreaker for me is actually the sims 3! I can't stand a lot of things about sims 3, especially puddy faced sims, sims 3 story progression, and only 1 family able to play per "save".

Sims 4 is going to deal differently with those things and for that I am happy.

Call it sacrilege, I wouldn't honestly care if the sims were ONLY ADULT, and the game focused on other things. While yes, I have played families and babies, I've never done a legacy. Why should sims cater Only to legacy players, as it seems to me the direction it has gone in.

Boo Hoo I'll bet you are ALL so into toddlers no one will show up at the sims 4 site or buy it, right?

Well good for you, special snowflake.

Troll harder. :mrgreen:

See, for trolls like you, it's okay for the game to suck because YOU love it no matter what. But if anyone else has complaints or whatever, they're all "BOO HOO HOO whiners".

Again, troll harder.
  • Options
    BobboBobbo Posts: 1,471 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't care about toddlers. They may bring them back they may not. I usually push them through to teens pretty fast anyway. This saves me a step.

If it does not return to the humor and charm of TS2 I am done. If it does I will pay the money. The Sims is more than just a game it is a hobby. As far as hobbies go this one is really only moderately expensive.

I kind of feel like they realized the open world was a big mistake but were stuck with it. You may have had loading screens in TS2 but the destinations and gameplay had so much more depth.
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited June 2014
    I care about toddlers. I don't care about thesims3 toddlers though, but I was hoping that they would be improved on in sims4 not removed completely.
    It's not a dealbreaker for me though. If the baby, child and teen lifestates turns out to be real fun I will dry my tears ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    If Chairs weren't in TS4

- 'I don't care about chairs. my Sims always stand' -

If the households size limit were 5

- 'I never play more than 5 Sims in one house anyway, so, i don't care'-

If there are no Ghosts in TS4

- 'I don't care about ghosts anyway, i don't like creatures in my game'-

If there are no Family Trees in TS4

- 'I don't care about this. I never play families and this doesn't add anything to the Gameplay'-

If there are no empty lots for you to build houses, at all

- 'Not a problem. I will simply demolish every EA premade houses and build mines'-

• Options
    emma7863emma7863 Posts: 118 New Member
    edited June 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    Sometimes Less is More, have you ever thought of that?

LOL! Are you for real? :lol:
  • Options
    JeanBaby4JeanBaby4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    edited June 2014
    Darkslayer wrote:
    First of all yes they are gone; we have absolutely no indication from EA that any of the things taken away are going to be implemented later and so until we do those things should be treated as what they are; gone.

I would not say they could NEVER come back.
    There’s nothing preventing adding additional ages as the game evolves. CASt is a good example of a feature that is not technically feasible to add post launch.
    Graham Nardone

There is still hope for you cast lovers :)
  • Options
    BobboBobbo Posts: 1,471 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cast will be back. The open world is much less likely because it is at the core of the game and the specs for the base game would change immediately.
  • Options
    Aotearoa13Aotearoa13 Posts: 309 Member
    edited June 2014
    I played Sims 1 from the start. The way the babies went from lying in a cot crying to going to school as soon as they stood up was very unsatisfying.

I think some players who've never played it that way are in for a shock. Not that I care - here we only care about what affects us, and our own selfish little way of playing, right?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    JeanBaby4 wrote:
    Darkslayer wrote:

I would not say they could NEVER come back.
    There’s nothing preventing adding additional ages as the game evolves. CASt is a good example of a feature that is not technically feasible to add post launch.
    Graham Nardone

There is still hope for you cast lovers :)

I don’t understand how they could implement CASt and an open world at this point. Both of those things require the game to be coded for it from the beginning and, unless EA are being utter greedy, scummy d.i.c.k.s hiding that kind of stuff in the base game’s code I just can’t reasonably see them coming back.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited June 2014
    I'm extremely upset about toddlers not being in the base game. They are a lifestage, a key component in simulating life, not a game feature that can be tossed in at anytime.