Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Anyone Else Who Doesn't Care About Toddlers?

Comments

• Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited June 2014
    It does not matter to me that toddlers are out.
    I sometimes adopt, just so I don't have to go through the toddler stage.
    It would not bother me if they jumped from infant to child, I would be ratter happy.
  • Options
    the11thmoonthe11thmoon Posts: 249 Member
    edited June 2014
    Moonbarker wrote:
    I'm very upset about toddlers.
    The closed world made me upset.

BUT - to not have toddlers takes away from the generational gameplay.
    It doesn't seem realistic from a baby to GROW into a child.
    That's silly.
  • Options
    the11thmoonthe11thmoon Posts: 249 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't even like the toddler stage, in terms of gameplay. It's my least favorite. But it served a REALISTIC purpose.

Who is designing this game? Are they crazy?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    What if something you do all the time in the game was not going to be in the game though it was in the base of all others (Not TS1) for fourteen years?

How does telling someone who makes the family in CAS with a toddler as one of the family members almost 99% of the time if they do create a family, and not just roommates or singles or whatever, supposed to do that now? Sorry, Generational Play gone missing is a huge deal and EA will know it. It is one of the very vertebrae of the backbone that has made The Sims as popular as it is. There are thousands who never play families, that's fine, but Generational support for the family players is a huge, huge deal. And throwing the toddler in as an after thought will break this game if they don't fix this problem, and soon.

They have surely messed up when they thought no one would care that much.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Tiki5872Tiki5872 Posts: 3,115 Member
    edited June 2014
    ***** wrote:
    Tiki5872 wrote:
    I build more than I actually play, but when I do, I like to create my family. My husband, me, and my little girl.... who is a toddler! Now I can't do that! For those that do not care about toddlers being in the game I respect that, but also respect that for a lot of players it is important to have all life stages to play a balanced family life in the game.

Is there some reason why your game is malfunctioning? Are you getting an error of some sort? I know my way around a good deal of the bugs and I would be happy to help.

Otherwise you can absolutely keep doing what you have done and you will be able to probably keep doing it 15 years from now in TS3.

People keep claiming they are losing something but you aren't. TS4, at least the base game, may not have you as a targeted market. The TS3 base game really wasn't targeted at me. It was way more dollhouse than I would have liked. I kept playing TS2 for years after TS3 was released.

TS4 may eventually be the game you want it to be and it may not. But TS3 was a version of this game and it has developmentally run its course. It is time for something new and different otherwise there would be no need to actually make and sell a new version of this game.

Malfunctioning? No, my game runs fine. No issues with errors, no lag with anything. Thanks for your wanting to help though. I just prefer to build and share more than to play a sim/family. I have Sims 2 and Sims 3 installed on my PC and was excited to add the new installment. I just can't understand the justification of removing a whole life state.... regardless of one's preference of them. Being a builder CASt was already a blow, but I got over it. This just one more thing added to a very long list.
    NewBanner.jpg
    Origin ID: Tiki5872
  • Options
    zorba2357zorba2357 Posts: 6,103 Member
    edited June 2014
    Cinebar wrote:
    What if something you do all the time in the game was not going to be in the game though it was in the base of all others (Not TS1) for fourteen years?

How does telling someone who makes the family in CAS with a toddler as one of the family members almost 99% of the time if they do create a family, and not just roommates or singles or whatever, supposed to do that now? Sorry, Generational Play gone missing is a huge deal and EA will know it. It is one of the very vertebrae of the backbone that has made The Sims as popular as it is. There are thousands who never play families, that's fine, but Generational support for the family players is a huge, huge deal. And throwing the toddler in as an after thought will break this game if they don't fix this problem, and soon.

They have surely messed up when they thought no one would care that much.

You know cinebar you are probably right on this. I don't care about toddlers in the game , but obviously many people do. They seemed to have really catered to the legacy and family player in sims 3.

But there are problems with sims 3, and people who are unhappy with things like story progression. How can they please everyone and put everything that every different type of player wants in sims 4? It almost seems impossible.
  • Options
    TynkTynk Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited June 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    You know cinebar you are probably right on this. I don't care about toddlers in the game , but obviously many people do. They seemed to have really catered to the legacy and family player in sims 3.

i see you stating the bolded portion a lot. The thing is, EA actually greatly ignored that portion of their fanbase in TS3. Family and generational gameplay (core of legacy family gameplay) was much more in depth and fleshed out in TS2.

Not sure if you just never played TS2 or you just intentionally overlook that part of TS2 to act like it was some new concept instead of one in the game for 10 years.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2014
    Tynk wrote:
    zorba2357 wrote:

i see you stating the bolded portion a lot. The thing is, EA actually greatly ignored that portion of their fanbase in TS3. Family and generational gameplay (core of legacy family gameplay) was much more in depth and fleshed out in TS2.

Not sure if you just never played TS2 or you just intentionally overlook that part of TS2 to act like it was some new concept instead of one in the game for 10 years.

Yes, and exactly why TS2 was so popular and still is for those who love playing families. TS3 doesn't even come close to the concept of it in TS2. It is one of the main reasons it was such a huge deal over TS1, not just the best Sim ever. But because it was all new to have toddlers in game and aging etc. They have really out guessed themselves.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    EshaPaul82EshaPaul82 Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2014
    None of the things they took out, or decided to leave out for now bother me. The toddlers can stay away if they aren't going to have a lot of interactions.

I believe that most of the people that are complaining now, are just trying to find ways to pass time. If they are angry and focus on that, the sims 4 arrival time will be very short.

I have read some very nasty post from some of these simmers, and then as soon as the guru's mention something as fickle as breast feeding or a white milk bottle they jump back on the buying wagon, so I think that stuff is laughable. :lol:

This is just my humble opinion though.
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited June 2014
    I love toddlers and want toddlers however I hope at midnight on September 2nd I will be standing in the store to buy the sims 4..now if this was an EP or stuff pack I probably wouldn't even waste my time with it or some continuation of sims 3 ((I would get it only because I own every game so I would do it just to collect))

but it's not... this is new beginning of a whole new world a new everything this is like a new book with new pages..a new way of doing things stop acting as if this is an add on to sims 3 it's NOT... so yes of course I would buy c'mon now...

How do we Know it will not be a patch coming right after the release?? with new gaming features just because it's not in "the base game" DO NOT mean it's not coming at all ever!!! and far as the pools , hey maybe they have something way better with a whole new name of calling it ??...the point is we don't know..Everything have not yet been unfolded so tell me this... how are you going to throw your hand in and all the cards have not been dealt??

Trust me I play with realism all the time so of course I want the toddler I love going thru all the life stages and taking photos but to throw away a brand new experience based on something that can be added in with a patch wouldn't be something "I" would do or maybe it couldn't my point is...

the term "TODDLER life stage" is what we have known from previous sim games but we must remember it's 2014 almost 2015 when it comes out so that reference may be dead... this is a brand new beginning they said themselves they are doing things differently now so with that being said MAYBE the baby at some point become bigger & able to do some of the things toddlers do???

((maybe you can't make a toddler anymore and add it to the game like the past sim games...what if the only way to have something like a toddler would only come from your baby growing a bit more...not going thru that spin cycle like they do after blowing out a cake... but growing a bit over days we look in the crib after 3 days and the baby looks bigger** ..it's the actions we want anyway))

Maybe it's no "toddler stage" but it's toddlers actions on a baby at some point and if that sound ridiculous I'm sure it's just as far fetched as half the guessing that have already been going on now already :P :lol: ...who knows..come on please never throw the baby out with the bathwater please... :shock:
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Tynk wrote:
    zorba2357 wrote:

Interesting. I LOVE sims 2, it's my favorite of the series and in fact I play it right now.

However I've never played a LEGACY and in fact , in sims 2, "Legacy" was a CHALLENGE created by another simmer and posted at the forums and such. It wasn't termed by EA, but by a player. It was one of many "challenges" created by players.

For whatever reason, it's popularity obviously, EA took the term, made it their own, and advertised it as part of the game.

Many people love it, I just never felt the need to play that way. It, however is only ONE part of sims 2, only one way to play. There are plenty of other ways people can play.

I just don't believe sims 4 and the sims series as a whole should turn into only a "Legacy" game.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    EshaPaul82 wrote:
    None of the things they took out, or decided to leave out for now bother me. The toddlers can stay away if they aren't going to have a lot of interactions.

I believe that most of the people that are complaining now, are just trying to find ways to pass time. If they are angry and focus on that, the sims 4 arrival time will be very short.

I have read some very nasty post from some of these simmers, and then as soon as the guru's mention something as fickle as breast feeding or a white milk bottle they jump back on the buying wagon, so I think that stuff is laughable. :lol:

This is just my humble opinion though.

Well said :lol:
  • Options
    saranel81saranel81 Posts: 138 New Member
    edited June 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    . . .

Many people love it, I just never felt the need to play that way. It, however is only ONE part of sims 2, only one way to play. There are plenty of other ways people can play.

I just don't believe sims 4 and the sims series as a whole should turn into only a "Legacy" game.

I agree with this. I've said before, Sims is versatile. People can play so many ways, and TS4 should embrace that.

But right now, I - as a "legacy" style simmer - feel like I'm being left out.
  • Options
    asiamomma82asiamomma82 Posts: 390 Member
    edited June 2014
    I think I'm in the minority as well and am not too disappointed by no toddlers, but I'm a little more miffed about no pools. How can something so basic not being included in the base game? It's just bizarre to me.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I think I'm in the minority as well and am not too disappointed by no toddlers, but I'm a little more miffed about no pools. How can something so basic not being included in the base game? It's just bizarre to me.

I love pools , poolbuilding, swimsuits. In fact I build large elaborate pools on almost all my lots, residential and community.

I'm guessing it will be milked out of us from the store which doesn't make me very happy.
  • Options
    SadieD123SadieD123 Posts: 1,317 Member
    edited June 2014

I'm sorry to do this but: if you can be miffed about there not being pools in the base game then how can you not be miffed about something as basic as being a toddler? I mean last time I checked not everyone has a pool in their backyard, but everyone I know has been a toddler. That seems pretty basic to me.
    275f503fc4c6c8ef197baeea76ebe0f91373200482_full_zpscc1a19512.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    emma7863 wrote:
    zorba2357 wrote:
    I have to be honest, I could give a hoot about Toddlers not being in Sims 4 base game. I'm finding it ridiculously laughable reading 20 posts for a petition to not buy sims 4 and cancel pre-orders because of no toddlers. It's like a mini revolution over toddlers.

I love pools and swimwear and hot tubs BUT it still isn't a deal breaker for me.

The dealbreaker for me is actually the sims 3! I can't stand a lot of things about sims 3, especially puddy faced sims, sims 3 story progression, and only 1 family able to play per "save".

Sims 4 is going to deal differently with those things and for that I am happy.

Call it sacrilege, I wouldn't honestly care if the sims were ONLY ADULT, and the game focused on other things. While yes, I have played families and babies, I've never done a legacy. Why should sims cater Only to legacy players, as it seems to me the direction it has gone in.

Boo Hoo I'll bet you are ALL so into toddlers no one will show up at the sims 4 site or buy it, right?

Well good for you, special snowflake.

Troll harder. :mrgreen:

See, for trolls like you, it's okay for the game to suck because YOU love it no matter what. But if anyone else has complaints or whatever, they're all "BOO HOO HOO whiners".

Again, troll harder.

She's a troll because she doesn't share your view on toddlers being removed from the game? Your logic is fail, YOU troll harder.. :roll:
  • Options
    jus1nickiejus1nickie Posts: 360 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't care much for toddlers but, it is one of those things that should be in a sims base game without even a second thought by now. It's a next gen. Sim game for heaven sakes. They should be adding more life stages, not taking them out.
    It's just silly why pools are not in base game but I hope they are added in a patch with more interactions and more things to do than ever before to make up the loss of not having it in base.
    Toddlers, pools and even cars should have been without a doubt been in base game. I'm just a bit baffled lol.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    SadieD123 wrote:

I'm sorry to do this but: if you can be miffed about there not being pools in the base game then how can you not be miffed about something as basic as being a toddler.

Because I don't care about toddlers, but like pools? :shock:
  • Options
    VanillaCupcakessVanillaCupcakess Posts: 194 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I think toddlers are cute! And sometimes I love them. But am I upset they aren't in The Sims 4? No I'm not, They don't have many interactions as is. When I'm playing The Sims 3 I play with young adults more than anything and when they do have kids, I can't wait for them to become children so they can actually do stuff! Hehe It will be weird at first seeing a baby become a child. I'm still planning on pre ordering the game! :)
  • Options
    Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited June 2014
    I don't care about toddlers either. I aged my babies and toddlers s as fast as possible to make them children anyway. To me, babies and toddlers are a pain in the butt, they require too much attention and take my sims away from doing other things and building their skills. When they're children, they can pretty much take care of themselves and my sim can ignore them and work on their skills :P
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • Options
    Akila906Akila906 Posts: 1,836 Member
    edited June 2014
    saranel81 wrote:
    zorba2357 wrote:
    . . .

I agree with this. I've said before, Sims is versatile. People can play so many ways, and TS4 should embrace that.

But right now, I - as a "legacy" style simmer - feel like I'm being left out.

I'm a decorating and building simmer so I'm definitely being left out with no CASt and no color wheel. EA/Maxis has completely taken away my ability to be creative and to make my sims and their homes unique. At least toddlers can be added to the game later. CASt and a color wheel supposedly can't.
    michael-jackson-17.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I'm not too keen on ANY age group being added into the game later on.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Pools are better than Toddlers.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited June 2014
    zorba2357 wrote:
    I have to be honest, I could give a hoot about Toddlers not being in Sims 4 base game. I'm finding it ridiculously laughable reading 20 posts for a petition to not buy sims 4 and cancel pre-orders because of no toddlers. It's like a mini revolution over toddlers.

I love pools and swimwear and hot tubs BUT it still isn't a deal breaker for me.

The dealbreaker for me is actually the sims 3! I can't stand a lot of things about sims 3, especially puddy faced sims, sims 3 story progression, and only 1 family able to play per "save".

Sims 4 is going to deal differently with those things and for that I am happy.

Call it sacrilege, I wouldn't honestly care if the sims were ONLY ADULT, and the game focused on other things. While yes, I have played families and babies, I've never done a legacy. Why should sims cater Only to legacy players, as it seems to me the direction it has gone in.

Boo Hoo I'll bet you are ALL so into toddlers no one will show up at the sims 4 site or buy it, right?

I think it all depends on how you play. I like to play families, and that includes the toddler stage, which is one of my favorite life stages.

I understand that not everyone plays families/legacies, and I don't make fun of them when they're upset by something that disappoints them about the game. I'm not sure why you feel the need to ridicule people who have a different play style than you do. :?

And no, I won't be buying this game because of all the things that have been left out, but mostly, toddlers. If you feel like you must continue to make fun of that, have at it.

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!