Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ORIGIN & STORE download Problems & Solutions

Comments

• Options
    BishopBettieBishopBettie Posts: 88 Member
    edited June 2014
    Faith, thank you so much for submitting a petition on Change.org. And for all your energy getting the word out! I signed it an hour ago. Can you explain the bar counter which claims there are 27 more signatures needed? It is probably a dumb question, but I'd like to know if it isn't too much trouble.
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    edited June 2014
    I didn't understand that either. When I signed yesterday it said 44 needed so it's gone down some.
  • Options
    espereldaesperelda Posts: 171 Member
    edited June 2014
    Please sign the petitions:

We only want them to fix this and see how many this is actually affecting.

https://www.change.org/petitions/ea-origin-games-ever-since-their-launcher-update-in-the-beginning-of-june-we-are-no-longer-able-to-download-any-of-our-digital-games-that-we-own#

The forum petition:

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/757998.page[/quote]

Hi Faith! I just signed your petition on change.org! At the moment, 18 more signatures are needed so we're getting there! Thanks much for this petition! :D
  • Options
    DeboraKaeDeboraKae Posts: 176 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have spent a total of 3 hours on the phone plus 4 live chats, I haven't been abled to download any of my games, I have a brand new computer and spot on direct connect internet. This is affecting me physically. I am disabled from many different issues, I am house bound and this is what I do.
    Sent in error codes, posted several different times, and someone created a petition to sign to get this fixed. It is not my computer. I have nothing else that I can concentrate on to pass my time, I spend much time alone. I am getting anxiety attacks now, it has been 3 weeks almost since this happened. I know it sounds silly, but I am humble. This IS my past time not just a game to play for me.
    I own every EP, SP, spent hundreds of dollars on sim points and practically own everything in the store.
    I did back up my saved games, one family with a new set of twins I am wanting to play so bad. Please help.
  • Options
    EveebellaEveebella Posts: 832 Member
    edited June 2014
    They are still telling people that it is their rigs, and to make new accounts etc over at the answer forum, why can't Origin EA just say the truth. They messed things up now kindly fix them, for your paying customers. Why do they get to get away with this kind of thing over and over, a business in town would have had to close its doors by now.

Sorry just ranting, I did make another error report today at least I could do that again.

Eveebella
  • Options
    hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 923 Member
    edited June 2014
    Katlyn2525 wrote:
    I have a great deal of money invested in Maxis/EA games. I own the complete sets of Sims 1, Sims 2, and Sims 3. I am also lucky enough to own the entire store. I have both of the Sims Medieval games and SimsCity (2013) and it's EP. As a long time follower of the Sims series, and knowing how much money, time, love, and commitment goes into these games, I find it totally absurd that people are not able to have any access to their games. Do not try to put this on the players. It has nothing to do with them or their internet. It is on your end, EA/Origin.

You are very much like me! I own Sims 1, Sims 2 and Sims 3 and all expansions and/or Stuff Packs for each! I also own the ENTIRE store, and a couple of SimCity games and Spore with expansions. I'm still waiting for the "expert" to call me back about this situation. After tying up thousands of dollars in this game, I really want to play. I don't like using disks because, like my base disk for Sims 3, they do wear out after a while.

Sooner or later, EA will see sales drop. It's not JUST our Sims games, but everything they offer digital, as far as I can tell. When it hits their bottom line hard enough, they just might fix things. In the meantime, I'm buying only disks if I want a game. This situation is actually why I buy disks to start with, the digital downloads, for me, were a plus because I didn't have to use the disks. I guess, if I ever want to play Sims 3 again, I should just install it with the disks. :(
  • Options
    RedMallieRedMallie Posts: 32 Member
    edited June 2014
    emmiemouse wrote:
    Patch did nada for me. :( Neither did downloading an "old" version of Origin. Grrrr :cry: I just want to play a mermaid and create homes in the island paradise! :cry::cry::cry:

thinking that Jimmysnan has the real solution here - buy disks ONLY! and back-up the store. Still don't understand why EA doesn't just stick with the store ...yes it has occasional issues - but NOWHERE NEAR the headaches that Origin gives us. :evil:

Convinced that Origin is EEEEEEeeeeevvvvviiiiilllll :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hello all, Emmie. I am equally convinced that Origin is THE ORIGIN of all evil for us customers of EA. I also think that many of us who live in countries where TS3 disks are not available, have had enough of the disservice provided by EA's Origin. Why can't we buy directly from the Store? Or why can't they use a reliable client such as STEAM???

*Scarlet O'Hara moment, fist raised* ...As you Sim-friends are my witness! I will NEVER purchase a game or expansion pack or so much as a avatar backdrop from Origin again!

It is said to not say "never", but I feel exactly the same way you do about this issue. I was even considering buying TS4, but apart from the game's intrinsic issues (in my opinion the hair is horrible), I had decided to wait and see how that went upon release. That is when I decided to complete my TS3 collection and enjoy it for a long time...and that is when I realised that Origin has (AGAIN) messed up with my games.

Anger, frustration, utter disappointment,...these are the feelings I get when I think of EA's stubborn decisions about keeping Origin, and other things. EA does NOT listen. I wished some other MORE RESPONSIBLE company had the licence to The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    EveebellaEveebella Posts: 832 Member
    edited June 2014
    Putting this issue back on the first page needs to stay there so all can see and find it

Eveebella
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    DeboraKae wrote:
    I have spent a total of 3 hours on the phone plus 4 live chats, I haven't been abled to download any of my games, I have a brand new computer and spot on direct connect internet. This is affecting me physically. I am disabled from many different issues, I am house bound and this is what I do.
    Sent in error codes, posted several different times, and someone created a petition to sign to get this fixed. It is not my computer. I have nothing else that I can concentrate on to pass my time, I spend much time alone. I am getting anxiety attacks now, it has been 3 weeks almost since this happened. I know it sounds silly, but I am humble. This IS my past time not just a game to play for me.
    I own every EP, SP, spent hundreds of dollars on sim points and practically own everything in the store.
    I did back up my saved games, one family with a new set of twins I am wanting to play so bad. Please help.

Hi DeboraKae! I just want you to know that I feel for you and I empathize with you very, very much. You and I aren't in exactly the same predicament however I do understand needing but not being able to play The Sims after investing so much time, energy, money and effort into it. I'm not housebound but I do rely greatly on my Sims game for much needed relaxation. There have been times before this most recent problem where I was working with EA customer support to get my game back up and running - for extended periods of time I wasn't able to play due to EA's errors when I was really, really relying on my game. It helps me to know I'm not the only one relying so heavily on being able to get relief, from certain other stressors, by playing my game! I wish there was more I could offer but I guess I just wanted to let you know that you're not completely alone in how you feel!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Also, DeboraKae, have you considered writing about your particular situation in a letter to EA customer service? Written complaints do get considered by upper management. I only know because at one time I was going to send a letter and an EA supervisor had given me the address. I also used to work in a call center similar to EA cust serv and was asked by customers for an address to which to write letters. I don't remember where I put the address but if you continue calling and asking for a supervisor because you're not satisfied with the service/advise you're receiving over the phone, the agent will get a supervisor for you and that supervisor will give you a mailing address.
  • Options
    Faith12368Faith12368 Posts: 2,997 Member
    edited June 2014
    For every 100 signatures, Change.org will send out the petition to 50 of their own members who will then start to send out to their supporters in order to gain more support for our petition, which will give it a boost and make it more publicity.

So keep getting signatures, the more we get, the more exposure we get, which will hopefully lead to some action on their part!
    Long live the new Doctor!
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well what do you know it works now for me.

I went to try to download "Plants vs Zombies" and it's now downloading

F-i-n-a-l-l-y after 18 days, I hope it works for others
  • Options
    KarilynMonroe2KarilynMonroe2 Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited June 2014
    It seems to be working for me now too. Spent the last several hours trying to transfere my files manually and all of a sudden my games downloading. Whew!
  • Options
    RedMallieRedMallie Posts: 32 Member
    edited June 2014
    ..and guess what? in my case, I erased Origin to download it again, and now, I CANNOT EVEN DOWNLOAD the darn ORIGIN CLIENT!!!

:(
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    edited June 2014
    I do not get the error everyone has been getting either when I download Peggle.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited June 2014
    RedMallie wrote:
    ..and guess what? in my case, I erased Origin to download it again, and now, I CANNOT EVEN DOWNLOAD the darn ORIGIN CLIENT!!!

:(

I wouldn't worry, I bet a lot of people are trying to download at once, now that it appears to be back up. I would give it some time, the servers are probably gonna be jammed.
  • Options
    ilikecatsilikecats Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2014
    I GOT MY GAMES BACK!! YAHOO!! Ok so ya I had to uninstall all of my packs, Then I put the base game in and only played that for a day and was tempted to go simple for a short time--very short time, lol. then I got daring and tried World adventures but it didn't work! Soon I decided to try and put in Pets and it was working. I played with just those two for a time then I put in a stuff pack and it worked ok, I was still getting the
    "unable to connect to origin" message though. Then I searched for the manual update again (because I noticed somewhere the update dated jan 2014 was 1.1 something something {if I recall correctly} and my game had 1.0 something something) All of a sudden, by some stroke of luck after not being able to find the update it popped up on my screen! I thought I wasn't getting through but it did come through! I updated and now no more "unable to connect" messages and I have successfully added stuff pack, late night AND world Adventures all VIA origin digital download and my game is working like a charm!!
    I hope some of you having issues still can get your game fixed soon. I highly recommend the update.
    (ya my game said I had the updates but not being able to connect to origin i probably wasn't getting the updates)
    Best to you all Sims family
  • Options
    emmiemouseemmiemouse Posts: 155 New Member
    edited June 2014
    It looks like Origin pushed a patch or update recently.

Can it be? :shock: The first game is FINALLY downloading :!:

Update: BOTH games downloaded in less than the time it took me to post a message on the EA site then here.

Which says two VERY important things:

1. The problems has been fixed! Hurray!!!! :thumbup:

2. If it downloaded that quickly ...it obviously wasn't my firewall, virus ware, internet, or computer ...just want that part on the record. :wink:
  • Options
    dorseypjddorseypjd Posts: 155 Member
    edited June 2014
    I was able to download master suite.Lets hope everything is ok now.Hope everyone has no problems.
  • Options
    cheapcheapbirdiecheapcheapbirdie Posts: 397 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Yes... Origin IS fixed. And you all linking a strong chain proved to work wonders :thumbup: ! Thank you so very much to all who've stood up for this. Great work :wink: 8) :thumbup: !!!! Now go PLAYYYY! LOL

Much love to the community!!!
  • Options
    DolphineQDolphineQ Posts: 1,799 Member
    edited June 2014
    I find this whole thing very mysterious.
    I had "Automatically update Origin" UNTICKED, meaning it cannot possibly have updated itself when I booted it up this morning. I had read on the EA HQ thread that some people were now able to download and though I'd give it a try.
    And lo and behold, I now have Sims 3 installed (basegame only, so far!). Isn't that strange, since the Origin client can't possibly have gotten another patch or update?!?

I figure something like this has happened:
    Origin has somehow blocked a port or something on their download server. They realized this sometime between last night and this morning (my time) and went "Oh oops, we better flip this back on...". So now everyone can happily download all their games again.
    Either that, or they have MANUALLY been through the system, found every single account that has complained about this, removed and then re-added every single game to their accounts (yeah, not a very likely thought, I know...).

What ever the difference between yesterday and today is, what ever it is that has fixed it, I STILL WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE REAL ISSUE WAS!

Because with my Origin NOT being allowed to update itself, it can only mean that Origin messed up somewhere and I feel that they owe us a HUGE apology and some good compensation for all the time we have wasted with phonecalls, chats and writing emails to Support.

Just my 2 cents.
    Please share and support me in my work with rescue cats! https://www.gofundme.com/DolphineQCats

2rgmmvq.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Just to update all that are following, this works now and I am currently downloading sims 3 basegame!
    EA_Ursula wrote:

Hi everyone,

Can you try to switch of Origin In Game and see if it works then?

To disable Origin In Game for all games available and played through Origin, follow the steps below:
    •Open Origin and log into your EA/Origin account (if you have not already)
    •Click on the Origin menu.
    •In the drop down menu that appears, click on Application Settings as shown below

•In the Application Settings window that appears, click on the In Game tab at the top to display the available Origin In Game options
    •In that tab, uncheck the box next to Enable Origin In Game

•Once you have done that, click Done. This will save the configuration change.

i have tired this then logged out of origin restarted origin logged back in and succesfully downloaded two of my games , still need to see if the others will download edit to add will report back later if they do or don't

• Options
    edited June 2014
    emmiemouse wrote:
    It looks like Origin pushed a patch or update recently.

Can it be? :shock: The first game is FINALLY downloading :!:

Update: BOTH games downloaded in less than the time it took me to post a message on the EA site then here.

Which says two VERY important things:

1. The problems has been fixed! Hurray!!!! :thumbup:

2. If it downloaded that quickly ...it obviously wasn't my firewall, virus ware, internet, or computer ...just want that part on the record. :wink:

Yep, it is lightening speed here and my computer is still the same as you said, 3 hours of my time for what?? I did like one lady helper, she was awesome sweet. Just glad I will no longer be in this bad situation any longer.
    TyTy EA for fixing this!!
  • Options
    cheapcheapbirdiecheapcheapbirdie Posts: 397 New Member
    edited June 2014
    DolphineQ wrote:
    I find this whole thing very mysterious.
    I had "Automatically update Origin" UNTICKED, meaning it cannot possibly have updated itself when I booted it up this morning. I had read on the EA HQ thread that some people were now able to download and though I'd give it a try.
    And lo and behold, I now have Sims 3 installed (basegame only, so far!). Isn't that strange, since the Origin client can't possibly have gotten another patch or update?!?

I figure something like this has happened:
    Origin has somehow blocked a port or something on their download server. They realized this sometime between last night and this morning (my time) and went "Oh oops, we better flip this back on...". So now everyone can happily download all their games again.
    Either that, or they have MANUALLY been through the system, found every single account that has complained about this, removed and then re-added every single game to their accounts (yeah, not a very likely thought, I know...).

What ever the difference between yesterday and today is, what ever it is that has fixed it, I STILL WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE REAL ISSUE WAS!

Because with my Origin NOT being allowed to update itself, it can only mean that Origin messed up somewhere and I feel that they owe us a HUGE apology and some good compensation for all the time we have wasted with phonecalls, chats and writing emails to Support.

Just my 2 cents.

Well... ya got 4 cents now... cause I surely agree. I want an apology for all the rudeness, the ignoring, denying, and most of all... the HEADACHE!! It should NOT have taken this, and two petitions to be HEARD!
  • Options
    gypsy54gypsy54 Posts: 484 Member
    edited June 2014
    Well, we never did find out what the problem was.

I didn't have any updates or anything, but suddenly I can download again. :)