Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ORIGIN & STORE download Problems & Solutions

Comments

• Options
    mysticdiva3mysticdiva3 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I am madder than a hornets Nest... After telling me they had to make me a new account because the Old one Broke, I have had nothing but grief with trying to install the games. When I finally did get them installed and tried to download my backed up store items I keep getting the message my game needs to be updated...IT IS UPDATED...I will have them call me later today and either they will fix my old account or give me the money I spent on the Store Stuff.... They never said there were limits to what we could have on our accounts...SHAME ON THEM!! They want our hard earned money, but then in the end we get Screwed.. I just want what I paid for....
  • Options
    ZiyalDamarZiyalDamar Posts: 46 New Member
    edited June 2014
    When I finally did get them installed and tried to download my backed up store items I keep getting the message my game needs to be updated...IT IS UPDATED...I will have them call me later today and either they will fix my old account or give me the money I spent on the Store Stuff.... They never said there were limits to what we could have on our accounts...SHAME ON THEM!! They want our hard earned money, but then in the end we get Screwed.. I just want what I paid for....
    Please keep us informed what they will do. I hope so much for you that everything will become fine and that you have your games and all of your store-stuff to play with.
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited June 2014
    I am madder than a hornets Nest... After telling me they had to make me a new account because the Old one Broke, I have had nothing but grief with trying to install the games. When I finally did get them installed and tried to download my backed up store items I keep getting the message my game needs to be updated...IT IS UPDATED...I will have them call me later today and either they will fix my old account or give me the money I spent on the Store Stuff.... They never said there were limits to what we could have on our accounts...SHAME ON THEM!! They want our hard earned money, but then in the end we get Screwed.. I just want what I paid for....

To make sure I'm following you. They made you a new account right? This is my line of thinking, I could be wrong so bear with me.

I assume you have downloaded and installed the games and they run fine. Right? The only problem you have is with your store content?

If so, then let me ask, your old Origin Account was mysticdiva3 right? If so, did they change the name to something else? If they did, then it would seem you have to log into this site as the new user name and redownload all the store content, because the store content would be locked to the old account.

• Options
    struckk1962struckk1962 Posts: 17
    edited June 2014
    I bought Dragon Valley, Midnight Hallow, and a few items off the store. I can not dl or install any of them . spent 2 days on phone with EA with no luck on resolving the issue, I have tried everything.

Internet not the issue here also . I Play WOW, D3, SWOR, StarCraft, SimCity, and other games as well , all online with no issues dl updates, patches, mods.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Chimark wrote:

To make sure I'm following you. They made you a new account right? This is my line of thinking, I could be wrong so bear with me.

I assume you have downloaded and installed the games and they run fine. Right? The only problem you have is with your store content?

If so, then let me ask, your old Origin Account was mysticdiva3 right? If so, did they change the name to something else? If they did, then it would seem you have to log into this site as the new user name and redownload all the store content, because the store content would be locked to the old account.

My Old account was MysticDiva2.....they said because I owned everything in the store Origin broke, so instead of them trying to fix the problem, the rep made me a new account with MysticDiva3. But she said if I had the backups for my store stuff, I could download them into the new game.... They didnt transfer my store items.

• Options
    unluckykoneko16unluckykoneko16 Posts: 356 Member
    edited June 2014
    Origin won't even verify my credit card information. I have tried two different credit cards - inputted them both numerous times, double checked them and I keep getting an error saying "can't verify your credit card" super frustrating. =/

Now I'm waiting to livechat with someone and it's a 30-35 minute wait =/

• Options
    espereldaesperelda Posts: 171 Member
    edited June 2014
    Different players are getting different information from EA Cust Serv reps, then. I'm assuming people are calling EA, not Origin. When I made my 1 and only 30 min call to EA Cust Service today, the employee explained to me that they are well aware of this issue, there's nothing wrong with players' computers, internet connection or Origin accounts. They explained that it is an Origin issue and the powers that be ARE working on a solution and that there will be a workable solution. I think it depends on who answers your call and how many other calls they've gotten (and then their awareness increases) about this issue. Its the upper level of EA as a company that bears the responsibility for communicating to their customers and employees about what needs to be done, but it doesn't appear to be happening. I was told I could absolutely get a refund but was encouraged to give them time and it will be resolved. I'll see what ends up happening though.
  • Options
    limegreenqueen101limegreenqueen101 Posts: 260 Member
    edited June 2014
    esperelda; I contacted a customer service rep through the Origin website. He was clueless to the problem. What number/website did you use to contact EA? I didn't realize they were different in terms of customer service levels.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    esperelda wrote:
    Different players are getting different information from EA Cust Serv reps, then. I'm assuming people are calling EA, not Origin. When I made my 1 and only 30 min call to EA Cust Service today, the employee explained to me that they are well aware of this issue, there's nothing wrong with players' computers,
    internet connection or Origin accounts. They explained that it is an Origin issue and the powers that be ARE working on a solution and that there will be a workable solution. I think it depends on who answers your call and how many other calls they've gotten (and then their awareness increases) about this issue. Its the upper level of EA as a company that bears the responsibility for communicating to their customers and employees about what needs to be done, but it doesn't appear to be happening. I was told I could absolutely get a refund but was encouraged to give them time and it will be resolved. I'll see what ends up happening though.

You think maybe because of this issue, they shut down the ability to purchase because everyone is having issues with downloading the games and that's why my info won't even be verified? You'd think if that's the case, there'd be a message saying "hey unable to purchase anything right now due to server issues" or whatever.. I don't know. Just a theory, I mean it'd make sense that's why it's not being verified.
  • Options
    edited June 2014

My Old account was MysticDiva2.....they said because I owned everything in the store Origin broke, so instead of them trying to fix the problem, the rep made me a new account with MysticDiva3. But she said if I had the backups for my store stuff, I could download them into the new game.... They didnt transfer my store items.

OK, so when you sign into this site...thesims3.com, you use mysticdiva3. What happens when you go to your purchase history section? Do you see all the items you previously purchased? If so download one or two of them and try to install.

Now if you have nothing in your purchase history, EA is gonna have to find a way to move it over or give you the Simpoints to repurchase everything.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Origin won't even verify my credit card information. I have tried two different credit cards - inputted them both numerous times, double checked them and I keep getting an error saying "can't verify your credit card" super frustrating. =/

This may be an unrelated issue.

I've had similar issues with the credit card info. I found that if your billing address is different from your shipping address it won't verify the credit card. Even if it gives you the option for a different shipping address.

Also last time I wanted to buy something, I couldn't get any credit card to work, so I used PayPal. It worked. Then just this last time (when this trouble started)I used the credit card that previously wouldn't work, and what do you know it went through fine.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    esperelda; I contacted a customer service rep through the Origin website. He was clueless to the problem. What number/website did you use to contact EA? I didn't realize they were different in terms of customer service levels.

Hi limegreenqueen! I went to help.ea.com or you could google search "ea help" either will work, click on the first icon "help with a game," click on any sims 3 product, it should then give you a list of help topics, scroll to the bottom right of the page and click "contact us." You will then get options for chat, etc but I always choose "call me back." I just went over to the site and followed these steps as I've a poor memory! I reall hope this helps :) Sending you good luck!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    esperelda wrote:
    Different players are getting different information from EA Cust Serv reps, then. I'm assuming people are calling EA, not Origin. When I made my 1 and only 30 min call to EA Cust Service today, the employee explained to me that they are well aware of this issue, there's nothing wrong with players' computers,
    internet connection or Origin accounts. They explained that it is an Origin issue and the powers that be ARE working on a solution and that there will be a workable solution. I think it depends on who answers your call and how many other calls they've gotten (and then their awareness increases) about this issue. Its the upper level of EA as a company that bears the responsibility for communicating to their customers and employees about what needs to be done, but it doesn't appear to be happening. I was told I could absolutely get a refund but was encouraged to give them time and it will be resolved. I'll see what ends up happening though.

You think maybe because of this issue, they shut down the ability to purchase because everyone is having issues with downloading the games and that's why my info won't even be verified? You'd think if that's the case, there'd be a message saying "hey unable to purchase anything right now due to server issues" or whatever.. I don't know. Just a theory, I mean it'd make sense that's why it's not being verified.

Hi Unluckykoneko! Personally, I don't think they'd stop selling the product because I'd imagine they want the business, lol. I agree that if that were the case, they should notify like you said. Sorry...I don't understand why your card is having issues :( Maybe what Chimark is mentioning could be something to try?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Chimark wrote:

This may be an unrelated issue.

I've had similar issues with the credit card info. I found that if your billing address is different from your shipping address it won't verify the credit card. Even if it gives you the option for a different shipping address.

Also last time I wanted to buy something, I couldn't get any credit card to work, so I used PayPal. It worked. Then just this last time (when this trouble started)I used the credit card that previously wouldn't work, and what do you know it went through fine.

Nope everything is the same as it should be. All my information is correct. Now I'm on the phone with a rep and he added a game to my games that I didn't even get or looked at - weird. I don't have paypal but perhaps I should do that.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Okay well, nevermind. They gave me my two games free of charge for all my trouble. How nice :) I am A VERY happy simmer now ^^
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Okay well, nevermind. They gave me my two games free of charge for all my trouble. How nice :) I am A VERY happy simmer now ^^

Very lucky! Did your games download properly?
  • Options
    emmiemouseemmiemouse Posts: 155 New Member
    edited June 2014

You're the exception. 6 days and counting - still can't download the games ...and when I asked for a refund, the Advisor said he wasn't authorized to do that. I'd have to call back later and talk to a Senior Advisor. Still waiting for that call back - going on 12 hours now. :(

Seems like this is a Origin problem not a Sims specific problem. Gamers trying to download and play everything from FIFA to Battlefield are having similar problems. They're also being given similar resolutions with similar end results ...no download and LONG wait times for response to get a hold of yet another Advisor and try the next "suggestion" ...that doesn't work. It's a vicious ugly cycle.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/bd-p/O-2
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Chimark wrote:

OK, so when you sign into this site...thesims3.com, you use mysticdiva3. What happens when you go to your purchase history section? Do you see all the items you previously purchased? If so download one or two of them and try to install.

Now if you have nothing in your purchase history, EA is gonna have to find a way to move it over or give you the Simpoints to repurchase everything.

Exactly.....nothing is in my purchase history so they will have do do either one....:)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    esperelda wrote:

Hi limegreenqueen! I went to help.ea.com or you could google search "ea help" either will work, click on the first icon "help with a game," click on any sims 3 product, it should then give you a list of help topics, scroll to the bottom right of the page and click "contact us." You will then get options for chat, etc but I always choose "call me back." I just went over to the site and followed these steps as I've a poor memory! I reall hope this helps :) Sending you good luck!!!

Thank you. I was able to get a refund even though though they are not technically allowed to give a refund for expansion packs. He made the exception for me because we were butting-heads on what the cause of the problem was. Plus all I really wanted was a refund at that point, so I am happy.

I will just wait for the expansion and stuff pack I want to go on sale at an actual store. By then, I hope the downloading issue will be fixed.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I am downloading :-) :-) :-) :-)
    I am so happy. In the origin thread MizzRoseBud had an temporary solution. It will help to install an older version of the origin client. Some newer games will not be able to download now, but the most of my games will.
    The prob seems to be a client prob and I hope it will be fixed soon.

Our comps and our accounts are completly ok. :P
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Thank you. I was able to get a refund even though though they are not technically allowed to give a refund for expansion packs. He made the exception for me because we were butting-heads on what the cause of the problem was. Plus all I really wanted was a refund at that point, so I am happy.

I will just wait for the expansion and stuff pack I want to go on sale at an actual store. By then, I hope the downloading issue will be fixed.[/quote]

Limegreenqueen, I'm sorry you didn't get an agent that explained nothing is wrong from your end, but from Origin's. And to add to this, all the players with this problem are complaining that they're being told something's wrong with either their computer, internet, etc. but Origin staff wouldn't be asking for error reports on that link I mentioned earlier in this thread if it wasn't a problem on their end. Oh well. Thanks for saying what happened with your case, we simmers need to help each other out as much as possible! I'm so relieved that you are happy :-o
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ZiyalDamar wrote:
    I am so happy. In the origin thread MizzRoseBud had an temporary solution. It will help to install an older version of the origin client. Some newer games will not be able to download now, but the most of my games will.

Woo hoo ZiyalDamar!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    gypsy54gypsy54 Posts: 484 Member
    edited June 2014
    ZiyalDamar wrote:
    I am downloading

Our comps and our accounts are completly ok.

How do I get an older version of Origin?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ZiyalDamar wrote:

Can you post the link to the thread please?
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Can you post the link to the thread please?
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Orgin-quot-Download-Error-quot-won-t-allow-any-me-access-to-ANY/m-p/2939502/highlight/false#M59639.
    Have a look on page 6 of the post from MizzRosebud. She gave a link to youtube where you can see how to get an older client.