The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ORIGIN & STORE download Problems & Solutions

Comments

• Options
    SweetPoyzinSweetPoyzin Posts: 152 Member
    edited June 2014
    Am I the only one unable to pay for new games?

I get either Error 10049 or 9006. I've tried my credit card and paypal.

Started a Payment Issues thread (since this seems more geared toward DL issues) here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/756280.page
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited June 2014
    sorry see most of us still have a problem :?

hummingbird41556 - your notion to give login info to prove its not our computers is brilliant! i will see if i can get them to do this tomorrow

for all USA folks here is customer service number
    1-866-543-5435(English (NA): 10AM-10PM EST, Monday through Saturday

Mmdrgntobldrgn, thanks for checking it does seem you have the up to date origin patch. so at least theres that :D

SweetPoyzin - sorry purchasing is something you will need to talk to customer service about.

whats worse is that origin is giving a way free games, plus major sales and now its E3 pre order time - its the perfect storm
  • Options
    gypsy54gypsy54 Posts: 484 Member
    edited June 2014
    hummingbird41556 wrote:
    By the way. . . for those who might want to pass this on to the Support team. Two different support levels handled my case (it still isn't fixed) When they signed into my Origin account they couldn't download the game either! Have them check that with your accounts as well. That will prove to the doubters in the support team that it is NOT our computers!

I spent an hour on the phone to Origin help Australia this morning, unfortunately he could download on his machine, which put it squarely back to my computer! I did try and download another demo: Fifa14 and the free Plants & Zombies pack while on the phone to the support guy and neither of them would download either.

The end result was it had to definitely be my computer and my Origin client was somehow corrupted, to which there is no fix at the moment and I might get lucky if there is an update to Origin!

I did point him to this thread and he did look at it but seeing as they haven't had many complaints it was only a handful of people with this problem it couldn't be Origin, so in other words until they get a whole heap more complaints worldwide it can't be Origin! :x

One good thing, they refunded my $5.99 for Master Suite - unfortunately I would rather they have fixed the problem.

Edited: For more info
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited June 2014
    gypsy54 wrote:
    hummingbird41556 wrote:
    By the way. . . for those who might want to pass this on to the Support team. Two different support levels handled my case (it still isn't fixed) When they signed into my Origin account they couldn't download the game either! Have them check that with your accounts as well. That will prove to the doubters in the support team that it is NOT our computers!

I spent an hour on the phone to Origin help Australia this morning, unfortunately he could download on his machine, which put it squarely back to my computer! I did try and download another demo: Fifa14 and the free Plants & Zombies pack while on the phone to the support guy and neither of them would download either.

The end result was it had to definitely be my computer and my Origin client was somehow corrupted, to which there is no fix at the moment and I might get lucky if there is an update to Origin!

I did point him to this thread and he did look at it but seeing as they haven't had many complaints it was only a handful of people with this problem it couldn't be Origin, so in other words until they get a whole heap more complaints worldwide it can't be Origin! :x

sorry gypsy54, ok uninstall origin and if i recall correctly you thoguht editing the registry tiresome (i agree :) ) you can use a ccleaner to removed leftover files

so the steps would be uninstall origin and then add ccleaner and run it.
    Cleaning up the Registry
    Download the free version of this registry cleaner program,
    http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

• install it, following the on-screen instructions.
    • Launch the program after installation has completed.
    • Click the Registry tab, and click the Scan for Issues button.
    • When scanning has completed, click the Fix Selected Issues... button.
    • When you're prompted to backup, click Yes, accept the default name and location
    • Click Fix All Selected Issues

Taken from http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall
  • Options
    dorseypjddorseypjd Posts: 155 Member
    edited June 2014
    Still can not download master suite.Just wanted to let all know
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ceejay402 wrote:
    sorry gypsy54, ok uninstall origin and if i recall correctly you thoguht editing the registry tiresome (i agree ) you can use a ccleaner to removed leftover files

so the steps would be uninstall origin and then add ccleaner and run it.
    Cleaning up the Registry
    Download the free version of this registry cleaner program,
    http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

• install it, following the on-screen instructions.
    • Launch the program after installation has completed.
    • Click the Registry tab, and click the Scan for Issues button.
    • When scanning has completed, click the Fix Selected Issues... button.
    • When you're prompted to backup, click Yes, accept the default name and location
    • Click Fix All Selected Issues

Taken from http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

Thanks for the info ceejay, I really don't like mucking around with the registry in case I make things even worse!

Although I was told by the support people (the second tier of support) that uninstalling and reinstalling would not fix the problem that I could make it worse ....... so 'Live chat' told me to uninstall and reinstall and the phone support people told me not to. Needless to say I am now totally confused! :?
  • Options
    Victoria_J_M_1989Victoria_J_M_1989 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2014
    Hey everyone,

I'm having an issue with DLing my store content out to the Sims 3 store. I want to know is this issue going to be resolved anytime soon??
  • Options
    XimphXimph Posts: 1,044 Member
    edited June 2014
    Will just have to call them tomorrow I guess and put in my own complaint. They Don't seem to want to fix this and you know what they say, the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Let us all be squeaky wheels.
    My Studio
    Part of the "Own the Store Club" horray!!
    My Youtube Let's Play Video!
  • Options
    BishopBettieBishopBettie Posts: 88 Member
    edited June 2014
    I can't download for an initial installation of Movie Stuff. I purchased the stuff pack in April, on sale, but never got around to downloading and installing it until last week, June 3. In other words, the digital copy had been just sitting in My Games in the Origin client.

Presently,I can download and install from the exchange and the store fine. I just cant download Movie Stuff. I get the same connection error which Ceejay posted in this thread.

I posted twice on EA about my problem with downloading Movie Stuff(and, of course, not being able to install) on 6/4 and 6/5. Also, I have had two live chat support sessions. I'm waiting, now, for support on live chat. I intend to ask the tech to sign in to my Origin account and try to download the game, as Hummingbird suggested. Thanks Hummingbird for this super suggestion! I've been pleading with EA to check my account but didn't know what to ask.

I have all the EP's and all the stuff packs but one. I have loads of store items. I have not had one single downloading problem or installing issue until last week with Movie Stuff.

I'll let everyone know how my latest live chat works out, :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Okay, not much to share with you now...stand by for hopeful, helpful update! 9f6b5d7f-c03a-4864-93e3-ed739768956f_zps117ce1b0.png

Sorry, this image is so huge for such a minor point. I would delete it but then maybe some would wonder what it is. I would not want someone to have to wonder about such a minor point....so I'm kinda in a catch 22 situation.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ZiyalDamarZiyalDamar Posts: 46 New Member
    edited June 2014
    I called the (german) Support again, another error had occured. The guy was very nice and told me, that origin is working on the prob. We should be patient and try to download every now and then.
    I am happy that he stopped to say it would be my pc, the issue is on origins side.
    New hope for all of us.

Edit: the prob is a regional. Not everyone is concerned. Parts of Europe and other countries are concerned.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Here is a bit of my chat session with EA support a half hour ago. I just questioned Rajeev about my last chat session about connection problems with downloading Movie Stuff; I was concerned because the conversation was marked "resolved" and it was not resolved...

Rajeev: Actually, that was case status and you can re-open new case for every chat.
    you: Okay, I understand. Please check the link on Sims3 forum: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/755717.page I am not alone.
    you: By the way I have no other problems with all my EP's and stuff packs. I have all of them!
    Rajeev: Yes. I am agree with you because I am also getting the same error and we've forwarded the request to Origin team to look into the issue. you: Thank you for validating this!
    Rajeev: My pleasure.

It seems my advisor also was experiencing the same error. He said he fixed his by doing a manual uninstall and reinstall of Origin. This means cleaning the registry. He advised me to do likewise. Here's a list of other things advisors have told me to do to fix the "We're Sorry, Origin cannot download your game,check your Internet..." connection/download error.

-Open TCP ports.
    -Reset browser.
    -Powercycle modem and router.
    -Delete Windows temp files.
    -Delete all game installers.
    -Delete temp files found in desktop/user/APP Data/Local/temp
    (hold Win +R, type %temp%, press OK).

I plan, now, to place a phone call to EA for support. Apparently, to have EA log in to my account and attempt to download Movie Stuff, I must call EA; this is what my advisor told me during my last chat session about trying to get Movie Stuff to download and install.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ZiyalDamar wrote:
    I called the (german) Support again, another error had occured. The guy was very nice and told me, that origin is working on the prob. We should be patient and try to download every now and then.
    I am happy that he stopped to say it would be my pc, the issue is on origins side.
    New hope for all of us.

Edit: the prob is a regional. Not everyone is concerned. Parts of Europe and other countries are concerned.

Finally someone who might actually recognize the problem as being Origins.

I spent over an hour talking to support Australia (on the phone) and the end result was the problem was with my Origin Client probably being corrupt and nothing could fix it, except an Origin update - guess what I had an Origin update this evening and nope it didn't fix the problem.

I haven't uninstalled/reinstalled Origin yet as I was told that might make matters worse. Reading several threads people have been uninstalling/reinstalling (it hasn't fixed the problem), but at this stage I am willing to try anything.

Could someone tell me whether uninstalling/reinstalling Origin affects your games that are downloaded already? I can play perfectly at the moment, just the downloading problem.

I will ring support again tomorrow and will ask them to log into my account and try and download, also mention the comments made by German support team, as I couldn't get them to recognize there even was a problem with Origin and I did direct them to this thread (apparently there are not enough complaints to make it a problem of Origins, it had to be our PC's).
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited June 2014
    I have uninstalled Origin and reinstalled it and it didn't effect my game one bit. It happened months ago when my update to Origin kept cancelling. The adviser had me uninstall it and reinstall. The reinstall solved the issue with no problem.

I'm pretty certain the problem lies in your profile, as I said before, on the same computer I can't do anything with Origin when I'm signed in and she has no issues at all. So clearly it is not the computer, or the install, it's something either in my profile or somehow the Origin Client is downloading from different servers depending on your profile.

It's been nearly a week for me as I bought this on the 4th. I reckon EA is more interested in the games conference than this.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    Thanks Chimark,

I'll try that tomorrow as it's getting a bit late to do it tonight.

I didn't think it would affect my games, but needed to hear it from someone who had done it.

I think you are right in that it seems to be either in Origin client itself or the profile. I am also getting my daughter to download origin (she doesn't have an Origin account) and then test a demo download with her internet connection (on a laptop) and then test it logged onto my connection, another thing I was told will help them isolate the cause of the problem. That might show if it is my profile as well.

I agree that EA definitely seems more interested in the games conference at the moment, they certainly aren't paying any attention to this problem. Ah well, guess we just have to keep bringing it to their notice.
  • Options
    ilikecatsilikecats Posts: 58 Member
    edited June 2014
    After purchasing Worlds Bundle yesterday for only 5.99 I cant even launch my game- I get 'Sims3 Launcher not found. I spent several HOURS on the phone with HELP people and they don't know anything and their final solution is to uninstalll the game. In my "bin" area there is no listing for sims launch-if that means anything. Why did EA have to go through origin ???!!!!It is a huge headache!
    So how do I get my launcher back?
    If I really have to uninstall do I uninstall all my stuff packs and expantions?
  • Options
    espereldaesperelda Posts: 171 Member
    edited June 2014
    ceejay402 wrote:
    UPDATE:

i just saw this statement by Origin:
    vhesyo.png

Right before seeing this message i just purchased master suite to test and i am currently am not able to download master suite and am getting this error:

mbu6x0.png

That's the error message I'm getting as well. And, obviously, I'm not having any internet or other computer problems.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Okay, not much to share with you now...stand by for hopeful, helpful update! 9f6b5d7f-c03a-4864-93e3-ed739768956f_zps117ce1b0.png

Sorry, this image is so huge for such a minor point. I would delete it but then maybe some would wonder what it is. I would not want someone to have to wonder about such a minor point....so I'm kinda in a catch 22 situation.

Well now, that error message says a lot and glad you posted it! "System error" would be spot on, lol. Thanks.
  • Options
    MaryVannMaryVann Posts: 78 Member
    edited June 2014
    I am unable to download a thing through Origin. I can buy games, I can activate them but I cannot download them. Not even the Battlefield Hardline Beta which I'm itching to play! The games I already have downloaded work fine with no issues.

I have tried using different computers and even tried using different ISP's but to no avail, downloading simply does not work.

This is most frustrating.

• Options
    donnabaileydonnabailey Posts: 683 Member
    edited June 2014
    I just wanted to add that I am also having the can't download, check your internet connection etc problem and have been for almost a week. I talked to customer service by phone and the nice tech I had, Mike, acknowledged that it is an Origin issue and they are working on it. He told me it might take up to a couple of weeks for it to be resolved! The problem is also with non Sims games, the game I cannot download is Insaniquarium. At the very least some agents are aware that it is an Origin issue and (supposedly) they are working on it. It's terribly frustrating though.
    Appaloosa Plains Townie Makeover Project!

The Claw Machine Diaries Challenge

Though nothing can bring back the hour
    Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
    We will grieve not, rather find
    Strength in what remains behind
  • Options
    limegreenqueen101limegreenqueen101 Posts: 260 Member
    edited June 2014
    I am also getting the download error "we're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. please check your internet connection, or try again later".

I bought and downloaded DV on the 4th with no problems, so I thought I would try my luck with purchasing University and Fast Lane today. Turns out my luck has run out, just like everyone else else here apparently.

Besides acknowledging that there is a problem (on their end), does contacting support actually help in any way? Or should I just wait it out?
  • Options
    hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 923 Member
    edited June 2014
    ceejay402 wrote:
    sorry see most of us still have a problem :?

hummingbird41556 - your notion to give login info to prove its not our computers is brilliant! i will see if i can get them to do this tomorrow

for all USA folks here is customer service number
    1-866-543-5435(English (NA): 10AM-10PM EST, Monday through Saturday

Mmdrgntobldrgn, thanks for checking it does seem you have the up to date origin patch. so at least theres that :D

SweetPoyzin - sorry purchasing is something you will need to talk to customer service about.

whats worse is that origin is giving a way free games, plus major sales and now its E3 pre order time - its the perfect storm

I didn't give them any info, they can apparently access our accounts from their end without it!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    If everyone would follow this link, Origin staff is now asking players with this (non)downloading issue to complete their form as they search to identify the problem: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Orgin-quot-Download-Error-quot-won-t-allow-any-me-access-to-ANY/m-p/2939502/highlight/false#M59639.
  • Options
    hummingbird41556hummingbird41556 Posts: 923 Member
    edited June 2014
    I am also getting the download error "we're sorry, Origin was unable to download your game. please check your internet connection, or try again later".

I bought and downloaded DV on the 4th with no problems, so I thought I would try my luck with purchasing University and Fast Lane today. Turns out my luck has run out, just like everyone else else here apparently.

Besides acknowledging that there is a problem (on their end), does contacting support actually help in any way? Or should I just wait it out?

Unless we keep on them, they won't fix it. There is a saying among us old people (two years away from 60, I guess I'm getting old) and that is "It's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil" so if we want it fixed, we really do need to make some noise! Be specific about the error messages. Don't give up!

Thank you Esperelda for that link to the error report request. I sent mine in after seeing that, though my trouble ticket is still open. :)
  • Options
    donnabaileydonnabailey Posts: 683 Member
    edited June 2014

For me, contacting support did nothing to resolve the problem, but since I spent over 3 hours on the phone with 3 different agents including one of them twice, I did ask for and receive some free sim points. I purchased Insaniquarium and the Monte Vista/Hidden Springs world pack on June 5. I downloaded the worlds from the store without issue, but could never download Insaniquarium. That is what prompted me to call. At first the agent I talked to had no idea of what was going on and he eventually escalated my call to Mike. In the course of speaking with Mike, he also logged into my account and he also could not download either my new game or any of my old games which luckily are already installed. He said that they were getting reports from other people with the same problem. I forgot to mention before that Mike said that one theory is that the problem is stemming from how many games are already in your games library on Origin. This could be why others have reported that they cannot download from their account while their friends and coworkers can.
    Appaloosa Plains Townie Makeover Project!

The Claw Machine Diaries Challenge

Though nothing can bring back the hour
    Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
    We will grieve not, rather find
    Strength in what remains behind