Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*World Adventures Building Contest* CLOSED!! Please read page 20!!

Comments

• Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited May 2014
    Sorry, I should have thought to max out her handiness :oops:

You have two options:

1. Max out her handiness using MC. Click in her then nraas>>master controller>>advanced>>skills>>handiness and enter 10. Or...

2. Upgrade the appliances using DE. Click on the thing you want to upgrade then nrass>>debug enabler>>options (or something like that? I think it also says the name of the object)>>add upgrade>>unbreakable (or whatever you want).
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited May 2014
    GreenCats wrote:

You have two options:

1. Max out her handiness using MC. Click in her then nraas>>master controller>>advanced>>skills>>handiness and enter 10. Or...

2. Upgrade the appliances using DE. Click on the thing you want to upgrade then nrass>>debug enabler>>options (or something like that? I think it also says the name of the object)>>add upgrade>>unbreakable (or whatever you want).

Thanks so much GreenCats, this is very helpful (there's still so much for me to learn with this game :oops: ). I will try that out tonight when I get home. :D
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited May 2014
    Sandraelle wrote:
    NiniBeMe69 wrote:
    annasommer wrote:
    @ Rose

Thanks for your feedback Rose :D

@ Greencats

Glad you like it :)

@ NiniBeMe69

Well thank you for hosting this fab contest :thumbup:

Just to make sure, the deadline 27th of May is the deadline for China, right? I have some time on my hands today, I will start working on my entry for Egypt now, and I would hate to miss the deadline :lol:

Hi there annasommer. Yes the deadline of the 27th is just for China only. I will not be taking the reservations for Egypt until China has closed. But by all means start on your Egypt build. I look forward to seeing it in the next tour stop.

Hi Nini....Not that I ever find the time to actually get started on an entry "early", lol....but if we're allowed to start building for the Egypt house, are you saying that the requirements will be same as they are for the China stop, like the same budget, etc? Thanks.

Hi Sandraelle, I have been thinking about your question. And I think it would be best to just leave the budget and everything the same. Seeing as I did not stipulate that rule in the beginning. But I do have some different ideas for the next contest though.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Sandraelle wrote:
    GreenCats wrote:
    Cool - thanks for answering!

I was struggling for inspiration until I found this:

Taktshang_edit.jpg"width=240"

But I'm going to do something a bit darker and with more balconies...and probably less complex :P

Wow, that is definitely a complex looking house. Good luck with that, I look forward to seeing what you create and I'm sure it will be awesome!

Wow! I would have to agree with Sandra. I think even i would lose all confidence with that one. I wouldn't know where to start. LOL If your doing this I can't wait to see how it comes out.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Sandraelle wrote:
    GreenCats wrote:

You have two options:

Thanks so much GreenCats, this is very helpful (there's still so much for me to learn with this game :oops: ). I will try that out tonight when I get home. :D

I used the DebugEnabler option since I don't have the MasterController mod, and I think it worked. I did the steps but then afterwards it wasn't clear to me that the appliance was actually upgraded. Was that all it entailed? Thanks again GreenCats.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    NiniBeMe69 wrote:
    Sandraelle wrote:
    NiniBeMe69 wrote:
    annasommer wrote:
    @ Rose

Thanks for your feedback Rose :D

@ Greencats

Glad you like it :)

@ NiniBeMe69

Well thank you for hosting this fab contest :thumbup:

Just to make sure, the deadline 27th of May is the deadline for China, right? I have some time on my hands today, I will start working on my entry for Egypt now, and I would hate to miss the deadline :lol:

Hi there annasommer. Yes the deadline of the 27th is just for China only. I will not be taking the reservations for Egypt until China has closed. But by all means start on your Egypt build. I look forward to seeing it in the next tour stop.

Hi Nini....Not that I ever find the time to actually get started on an entry "early", lol....but if we're allowed to start building for the Egypt house, are you saying that the requirements will be same as they are for the China stop, like the same budget, etc? Thanks.

Hi Sandraelle, I have been thinking about your question. And I think it would be best to just leave the budget and everything the same. Seeing as I did not stipulate that rule in the beginning. But I do have some different ideas for the next contest though.

Ok, thanks Nini. Initially I had just assumed that we wouldn't be able to start on the next build until the China one was complete, as I thought there might be different criteria for each stop. So thank you for clarifying that it will be the same.

It amazes me that people can think up all these different building contests, so can't wait to see what your next idea is. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hi Sandra, When I did the rules I wanted the different stages to have their own time limit so that way their is no confusion. I think having all the different builds from all the worlds at one time would just be chaos. LOL Plus with the prizes at the end of each tour it just makes things easier. So just simple rules apply. :)
  • Options
    jennytrujennytru Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hello! I would like to reserve a spot for China! =)
    Moonstone.jpg

• Options
    edited May 2014
    jennytru wrote:
    Hello! I would like to reserve a spot for China! =)

Excellent jennytru! I will get you added to the list. :)
  • Options
    _Princess_Natasha__Princess_Natasha_ Posts: 626 Member
    edited May 2014
    I'm glad to see so many entries! I'm so excited to judge! :)
  • Options
    Ablueidgirl2Ablueidgirl2 Posts: 444 Member
    edited May 2014
    I might join but I don't want to commit just yet. I want to be sure I can have an entry done in time. I will start working on something and see if I can get it done in time.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I'm glad to see so many entries! I'm so excited to judge! :)

Me too Natasha. Super excited. I can't wait to see more. And we still have to more stops to go. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I might join but I don't want to commit just yet. I want to be sure I can have an entry done in time. I will start working on something and see if I can get it done in time.

That's perfectly fine dear. Just drop me a post when your ready and I will get you added. Enjoy building. :)
  • Options
    ritaroxy12ritaroxy12 Posts: 1,570 Member
    edited May 2014
    I haven't started my entry yet but I hope to start tomorrow. I'm going to try and at least get the walls up so I can start decorating next time
  • Options
    stevesuzzstevesuzz Posts: 596 Member
    edited May 2014
    Hi!
    Wow,all the new entrys are looking so amazing!!! :D
    Have given all a rec til now.
    Just wanted to stop by and say that..lol..

I wish you all a wonderful weekend :D
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I am at the picture taking stage with my build, so hopefully I will find some time this weekend to get it finished up. Not that hopeful though because my newborn twin grandsons will be hanging out at my house all weekend, lol.

Have a good one everybody!
  • Options
    ritaroxy12ritaroxy12 Posts: 1,570 Member
    edited May 2014
    Sandraelle wrote:
    I am at the picture taking stage with my build, so hopefully I will find some time this weekend to get it finished up. Not that hopeful though because my newborn twin grandsons will be hanging out at my house all weekend, lol.

Have a good one everybody!

Good luck with the newborn twins, I'm sure they're cute really :lol:

~~~

I started my build this evening and I'm actually rather proud of it. Next time I'm in game I'll take a WIP photo and upload it :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I hope that you have a nice weekend too stevesuzz :)

I hope that you have a lovely and very special time with your newborn twin grandsons Sandraelle :)

Enjoy working on your build ritaroxy12 :) I will look forward to seeing the WIP picture.
  • Options
    nyxinyxi Posts: 321 Member
    edited May 2014
    Well, it seems like I have a littel Problem with the budged. I'm at 81.229 just for building and landscaping :?
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited May 2014
    Just to let you know Nini, I might not make it. D: I have yet to decide on how to even build it, and I'm crunching on time with a few other things.

I should be able to make the French one easily though (and I'll scold myself if I don't make it to one of my favorite countries).
  • Options
    KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    edited May 2014
    lol I started building and totally forgot that there was a budged xD
    Buuut I fixed it now...the furniture just need some recoloring and then I can take some pictures yay :D
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• Options
    edited May 2014
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Username: Sandraelle
    Lot address: 2 East Ancestor Hills
    Cost of home: $80,741
    Link to lot: Shen Zhen House
    Description: Shen Zhen House is a 2 BR/2BA vacation home in a tranquil setting with lots of privacy and outdoor space, a perfect getaway home to relax in and forget your worries. Enclosed with a block wall all around, an entry gate greets visitors to the front yard pond with a bridge that leads to an inviting courtyard with fountain. The backyard has a porch with a swing, an art easel, a zen garden, patio area, bbq and an inviting hot tub. Once inside you’ll find yourself in the foyer hall with views into the landscaped backyard. The ground floor has a separate living room with fireplace, an open concept kitchen/dining room and a guest bedroom and bath. On the 2nd floor you’ll find a sitting area with a computer on the upstairs landing with access to an outdoor balcony. The private master bedroom with ensuite bath, and a convenient laundry room that’s attached, is also on this floor.

Pictures:

14217057664_659f4b23f0_z.jpg

14030667457_0b6577611e_z.jpg

14213948321_5554b284f3_z.jpg

14030631520_7a4a0dcb6a_z.jpg

14030589398_a4bf6c8365_z.jpg

14217053274_29a8452519_z.jpg

Extra info/ slideshow link: https://flic.kr/s/aHsjYd1o9Z
  • Options
    ladydarkmoon24ladydarkmoon24 Posts: 1,252 Member
    edited May 2014
    Just finished my build for China but now running a test through it to make sure that there are no routing issues :)