Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*World Adventures Building Contest* CLOSED!! Please read page 20!!

Comments

• Options
    NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited May 2014
    annasommer wrote:
    Ugh.
    I should never, ever look at other people´s entries when I am planning on entering myself :(

Anyways. I already started building, so what.... hope to have my entry up this weekend.

And will not look at all those TOTALLY AMAZING ENTRIES again. No M´am :?

Don't get discouraged annasommer. Think of the other entries as inspiration. I'm sure what you build will be amazing. :) I am looking forward to seeing your entry.
  • Options
    annasommerannasommer Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited May 2014

I am done building, but as per usual I am not sure about the ingame adress in English. From masajo´s entry I guess it will be 2 East Ancestor Hills, but just to make sure- here is a pic to show the exact location:

13967371508_a0776e3610_z.jpg

I will upload the lot tomorrow my time. Have a nice Saturday :D
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,147 Member
    edited May 2014
    I have a question for anyone who could tell me this. I'm about done with my lot and in the playtesting stage and I discovered that I'm not able to upgrade any of my appliances or plumbing. Is it because it's a vacation home?

Thanks!
  • Options
    KleineMuffKleineMuff Posts: 12,578 Member
    edited May 2014
    Sandraelle wrote:
    I have a question for anyone who could tell me this. I'm about done with my lot and in the playtesting stage and I discovered that I'm not able to upgrade any of my appliances or plumbing. Is it because it's a vacation home?

Thanks!

Is your sim's handiness skill high enough to upgrade stuff?
    Please call me Caro :)
    My Sims 3 Page | My Studio | Check out my Sims 3 Let's Play
    Play mafia with us: www.ultimatemafia.boards.net

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Username: annasommer

Lot address: Not sure, most likely 2 East Ancestor Hills

Cost of home: 39.600 ³

Link to lot: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8211101

Description:
    Sou Kee´s Den is a nice holiday home for your sim´s trip to China. Built in convenient distance to the old town, this two bedroom, two bathroom traditional house offers enough space for up to three sims to enjoy their vacation. The building offers not only a beautiful view and good access to all local sites, but also a cosy living room- work area space, an indoors ping pong table and a treadmill for the occasional rainy stay-in day .

Pictures:

14155140292_90581852d8_z.jpg

13971288557_9f92acc1a4_z.jpg

13971308740_b225f4099d_z.jpg

13971316458_23b89c893b_z.jpg

13971309480_a4846c0aa3_z.jpg

14155138622_393b181822_z.jpg

Extra info/ slideshow link: I used some additional screenshots of the interiour on the upload.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    edited May 2014
    Sou Kees Den is a very nice home annasommer :) Great exterior of it! It looks great how you have done the roofing! Great bridge entrance to the home over the pond . It looks great how you have placed the animal statues either side of the bridge . Great Asian style fencing that you have used for the porch. The colour of the exterior looks great. Great layout and furnishing of the different levels of the home. Nice living room area. The Asian style circular windows there look great . Sims will enjoy relaxing on the sofa watching tv, with the sunlight coming in through the windows. It looks nice how you have placed the bamboo plants either side of the tv. It looks restful for sims whilst they are sitting there. Great study nook corner for sims to use a computer at. It looks nice that you have used the floral mats in the living and bedroom. The Asian type of master bed and single bed that you have placed in the bedrooms look nice. Sims will enjoy cooking meals on the Japanese grill in the kitchen and dining area. Sims will like sitting on the bar stools watching another sim cooking, as well as sitting there to enjoy eating the cooked meal. Nice lantern wall lights that you have used in the rooms of the home. Sims will have fun playing table tennis or keep fit using the treadmill.
    It is a great home for living in China :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Thank you for your entry annasommer, it's been custard checked and cleared. Your entry has been added to the list. It looks great. I will double check on the address for you and get back to you. Thanks :)
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited May 2014
    That's beautiful, annasommer!
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Sandraelle wrote:

Thanks!

That's weird. I'm sorry I'm not sure. If you're not opposed to mods though you should be able to upgrade them using Nraas Debug Enabler.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Question: If I don't reserve for China by a certain time, can I still enter if I'm finished by the deadline?
  • Options
    Hello83433Hello83433 Posts: 3,403 Member
    edited May 2014
    I would like to reserve a spot for China please
    403046191195314s.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    @ Rose

Thanks for your feedback Rose :D

@ Greencats

Glad you like it :)

@ NiniBeMe69

Well thank you for hosting this fab contest :thumbup:

Just to make sure, the deadline 27th of May is the deadline for China, right? I have some time on my hands today, I will start working on my entry for Egypt now, and I would hate to miss the deadline :lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    Question: If I don't reserve for China by a certain time, can I still enter if I'm finished by the deadline?

Yes you have up until the 27th to reserve and get your entry in. As long as I get your entry by the end of the day on the 27th your good to go.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hello83433 wrote:
    I would like to reserve a spot for China please

Great Hello83433, I will get you added to the list. Thank you :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    annasommer wrote:
    @ Rose

@ Greencats

@ NiniBeMe69

Just to make sure, the deadline 27th of May is the deadline for China, right? I have some time on my hands today, I will start working on my entry for Egypt now, and I would hate to miss the deadline :lol:

Hi there annasommer. Yes the deadline of the 27th is just for China only. I will not be taking the reservations for Egypt until China has closed. But by all means start on your Egypt build. I look forward to seeing it in the next tour stop.
  • Options
    SeraphinedreamsSeraphinedreams Posts: 86 New Member
    edited May 2014
    I would like to reserve a spot for china... this looks like fun!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Hi there annasommer. Yes the deadline of the 27th is just for China only. I will not be taking the reservations for Egypt until China has closed. But by all means start on your Egypt build. I look forward to seeing it in the next tour stop.

Excellent. Well- I will be back 8)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I would like to reserve a spot for china... this looks like fun!

Great Seraphinedreams, I can get you added to the list. :)
  • Options
    mcsnjbmcsnjb Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited May 2014
    Can you put me down as interested hun? I will try and get something done for you. :) Lots of love and hugs. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    mcsnjb wrote:
    Can you put me down as interested hun? I will try and get something done for you. :) Lots of love and hugs. :)

I sure can mcsnjb, I will put you on the list. Thank you
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Cool - thanks for answering!

I was struggling for inspiration until I found this:

Taktshang_edit.jpg"width=640"

But I'm going to do something a bit darker and with more balconies...and probably less complex :P
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    KleineMuff wrote:
    Sandraelle wrote:

Thanks!

Is your sim's handiness skill high enough to upgrade stuff?

Oh that's right....I'm using GreenCat's Visa sim so she probably doesn't have the handiness skills. I'm so used to using my tester sim who has maxed out handiness skills to playtest my houses. Thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks again for your help KleineMuff!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    Sandraelle wrote:

Thanks!

That's weird. I'm sorry I'm not sure. If you're not opposed to mods though you should be able to upgrade them using Nraas Debug Enabler.

Hi GreenCats....KleineMuff pointed out that my sim may not be capable of upgrading, so I will try your suggestion. I do have Nraas Debug Enabler installed but don't know how to go about being able to upgrade appliances with it. Next time I'm back in my house I will have to investigate that option. I suppose I'll see it when I go to click the debug thingie.

Thank you for your help. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    GreenCats wrote:
    Cool - thanks for answering!

I was struggling for inspiration until I found this:

Taktshang_edit.jpg"width=240"

But I'm going to do something a bit darker and with more balconies...and probably less complex :P

Wow, that is definitely a complex looking house. Good luck with that, I look forward to seeing what you create and I'm sure it will be awesome!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    NiniBeMe69 wrote:
    annasommer wrote:
    @ Rose

@ Greencats

@ NiniBeMe69

Hi Nini....Not that I ever find the time to actually get started on an entry "early", lol....but if we're allowed to start building for the Egypt house, are you saying that the requirements will be same as they are for the China stop, like the same budget, etc? Thanks.