Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♥Spring Fling 2014♥ -- ►►Winners Announced◄◄

Comments

• Options
    FarfallaCaraFarfallaCara Posts: 61 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks Bob, I´ll wait! :D
  • Options
    mrlabeanmrlabean Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited April 2014
    Bob89 wrote:
    Manarose84 wrote:
    Hi everyone!!

I have a question. Do I make the lot too? It is obligatory?

Kisses-Besitos

I don't think you have to do the Carnival too but I'll have to check with mrlabean to give you the final answer :-)

No it is optional to do both.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Ok Mrlabean. I worried because my entry don´t have ":thumbup: Good Entry"

What is the meaning of :thumbup: ?

Happy April for everyone :mrgreen:

78744-Happy-April.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Manarose84 wrote:

Ok Mrlabean. I worried because my entry don´t have ":thumbup: Good Entry"

What is the meaning of :thumbup: ?

Happy April for everyone :mrgreen:

78744-Happy-April.jpg

I have to run it through CUSTARD yet to check for CC I have not gotten a chance to get on my computer yet. Don't worry. If I find anything I will give you time to fix it even if its past the due date. But I will try to get on today to do that.
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited April 2014
    th?id=HN.608031987548291700&pid=15.1

But my creative bind has frozen on this challenge.
    so im going to have to pull out :(
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    edited April 2014
    calmorezoo wrote:
    th?id=HN.608031987548291700&pid=15.1

But my creative bind has frozen on this challenge.
    so im going to have to pull out :(

No problem. I know how it is. Thanks for showing interest.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    One more day to get those entries in! :lol:
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    6 more hours. If there is not anyone else working on an entry I might close early. I'll be back a little later to check in.
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited April 2014
    mrlabean wrote:
    6 more hours. If there is not anyone else working on an entry I might close early. I'll be back a little later to check in.
    I might be working on a park! Can't enter a family in that short amount of time unless I can use past sims though. xD
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    mrlabean wrote:
    I might be working on a park! Can't enter a family in that short amount of time unless I can use past sims though. xD

Okay I'll close it in the morning then. No need to rush. I just didn't know if there was anyone else even close to entering. No need to rush too much. If you start a family and are close to finishing just let me know and I'll work with you. I just want to get the judging done over the weekend.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    mrlabean wrote:
    mrlabean wrote:

Okay I'll close it in the morning then. No need to rush. I just didn't know if there was anyone else even close to entering. No need to rush too much. If you start a family and are close to finishing just let me know and I'll work with you. I just want to get the judging done over the weekend.

Oh yay! I was just about to start on the park. Chose a lot and everything. Didn't want to rush it and make mistakes. xD Thank you!

I might or might not start on a family. I don't really feel like doing 4 people from scratch, as it's very time consuming. xD So instead I'll just focus on the lot! You only have 2 lot entries, and then 3 families, so I'll make it even!
  • Options
    redkitty42redkitty42 Posts: 58 Member
    edited April 2014
    Spring Fling 2014

Screenshot-19.jpg

Screenshot-14.jpg

Screenshot-13.jpg

Screenshot-12.jpg

User name: Redkitty42

Lot Name: Four Willows Park & Festival Grounds

Description: 64x64 festival ground with lots to do and see. If you are the competitive type you can come and enjoy some friendly competitive games with your friends and family!

(I'm not sure if I got this entry in on time or not. slow download times tonight! I should not procrastinate so much, but I was trying to get this just right. Its my first festival lot and I had lots of glitches then had to tweek the post to get it to work out. If I was late will you please still give feedback on the build?)

Lot Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8140307

Photo Link: https://plus.google.com/photos/116037345868191629221/albums/5998664991238119697?authkey=CK7Vyrbzho_JHQ
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I have been working on this build so long I am kinda sad I am done with it. I really had fun building a festival lot and putting all the fun activities into it. I am jealous of how creative everyone else is, they make is look so easy!! Great work you all!!

On a personal note, I am so glad spring is finally here I love warmer weather! I really feel for those that are in the colder climates, I don't know how you do it. We had really strong storms roll through as most of the U.S. did yesterday and my thoughts and prayers to all of who were affect by the weather hope everyone stayed safe! I fear we have more of that to come.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited April 2014
    Four Willows Park is a great place for sims to enjoy visiting redkitty42 :) There are lots of fun activities for sims to enjoy doing, seeing and eating ! Great designing of the different areas of it! The layout of the four areas of the looks great! Child sims will have fun playing on the playground equipment and in the sand pit. . The alternating bees and rocket spring riders look great. Nice pool and pond area, It looks great how you have done the bridge over the top of it. Sims will enjoy fishing and swimming there. A family of sims will like cooking up a meal on the grill and eating it together in the outdoors air..It looks great how you have done the paving of the pathways from one area of the festival grounds to another. Great games area for sims to enjoy playing table tennis , golf, horseshoes , basketball or throw water balls It is great that you have chess tables for sims to have fun building up their logic skill out in the sunshine playing chess.It looks great how you have placed the arrow signs either sides of the entrances to the various areas of the lot, and have arches for sims to go under to enter the areas,The way you have placed the flowers through the build on either sides of the entrances to the four areas looks very nice. The balloons through the lot add a great fun atmosphere to the park. Great Spring dance area. Sims will enjoy dancing on the dance floor whilst other sims sit at the picnic tables watching them whilst eating snacks from the food stands. Sims will have fun competing in the seasonal eating competitions ! The water fountain feature in the middle of the park looks very nice how you have done it! Sims will like taking photos of their time at your park, as nice memories of spending time at the festivals there. Great indoor arcade games area. All through the build the sims in your pictures look like they are having lots of fun doing the various activities! The blue shade of colour you have used for the furnishings through the build looks nice and Spring themed. Sims will enjoy looking for Easter eggs through the park. The daffodils through the park look pretty and Spring themed.
    It is a great park to visit for Spring! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thank you rosemow for your nice words. Yes I really liked playing with the lot in my game. The family I made was able to go and not worry about their toddler (Jordan), he had lots to do as well as their young little girl (Juliet). I wanted to enter them as well but ran short on time. In fact they almost spent every day there and still did not get all of the activities in. Juliet was really good a the wack a gnome.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Just stopping by and letting you know that I started it but wasn't able to work on it fully tonight!

If this doesn't close first thing in the morning before I wake up, I'll be wedging it in!
    I'm actually quite excited to see how it turns out! O_O
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Just stopping by and letting you know that I started it but wasn't able to work on it fully tonight!

If this doesn't close first thing in the morning before I wake up, I'll be wedging it in!

Mizzie go a head and finish it. I haven't heard from Ashley yet and honestly I'm not going to be ready to start judging until later.
  • Options
    WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited April 2014
    That's a really cute park, redkitty! I love the way you used the school colors, especially on the tiles around the fountain, I think that's really innovative :D

Good luck, Mizore! I can't wait to see what you come up with!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    mrlabean wrote:

Mizzie go a head and finish it. I haven't heard from Ashley yet and honestly I'm not going to be ready to start judging until later.
    Yay! Alright then, thanks.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Contestants:

Everyone has done a wonderful job! Everything is updated on the front page and if there is anything wrong it is noted. I would like to have to results to you as soon as possible but please be patient while we judge. If you would like your score & feedback on your entry please email me if you would like it private or just say here if you don't care if I post here on the thread.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Judges:

You may begin. Please use the following:

Judging Criteria:

Lots:
    20 - Layout/ Overall look
    20 - Photo/ screenshot quality
    15 - Landscaping
    10 - Followed Spring Fling theme
    10 - School colors
    5 - Meets all requirements
    5 -Wow factor
    5 - Correct entry form

Highest possible score: 85

CAS:
    20- Creativity
    20 - Photos / Screenshots (1 per sim, plus group shot)
    15 - Outfits/ Style (meets spring attire)
    15 - Overall appearance as a family
    5 - Meets requirements
    5 - Wow factor
    5 - Correct Entry Form

Highest Possible Score: 85

When finished please send results and any feedback to my email (Can find it in my About Me). I would like to get this done as quickly as possible, but I know RL can prevent that sometimes. Just keep me updated on your progress please if it is after Monday.

Note:

We are still waiting on Mizzie to enter and Redkitty to allow access to her photos. But you can start on the rest.
  • Options
    WallinWallin Posts: 2,243 Member
    edited April 2014
    Thanks mrlabean and Bob89 for hosting this great contest, and also for being sweet enough to give those last minute extensions! :mrgreen: I'm looking forward to seeing what's to come :D
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for entering Wallin! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Thanks for everything Mrlabean and Bob =)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Bob and I had a thought about the Spring Fling King/Queen. With only 3 entries and all being females, Bob has agreed to increase the prize to 100sp and instead of judging make it a lotto.

Those of you who entered please state your thoughts. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Ugh. I'm sorry to say but I have to withdraw my attempt at an entry! I keep changing it, and I don't want to keep people waiting. My mind won't decide on one thing, and there's too many ideas floating around for me to test them and get them to work.

I'm sorry I wasted your time. :(

Good luck to everyone!