The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Got a Store Set Idea?

Comments

• Options
    Kaitieee_macKaitieee_mac Posts: 508 Member
    edited February 2014
    This one
    CoryMach wrote:
    Oh yeah. What else did I want? Here is a list:

The Reality TV sets I want:

1. Wheel of Fortune set (current)
    2. Deal or No Deal set (defunct, but still want it)
    3. Jeopardy! set (current)
    4. Family Feud set (current)
    5. Brain Surge set (defunct, but still want it)
    6. Let's Make A Deal set (current)
    7. Wipeout set (current)
    8. 20Q set (defunct, but still want it)
    9. 1 vs. 100 set (defunct, but still want it)
    10. It's Academic set (current)
    11. The Price is Right set (current)
    12. Repo Games set (current)
    13. UUelcome set (current)
    14. Video Village set (defunct, but still want it)
    15. Yahtzee set (defunct, but still want it)
    16. Studio 7 set (defunct, but still want it)
    17. Sábado Gigante set (current)
    18. Russian Roulette set (defunct, but still want it)
    19. On the Cover set (defunct, but still want it)
    20. 3 for the Money (defunct, but still want it)

We already got OFB in Midnight Hollow and Theme Park in Roaring Heights.

Now all that's left is a Reality TV-themed world with the Grunts returning there from TS2 Strangetown with all the 20 sets that I want from Reality TV.

Like Movie SP, I would like a set of decoration of TV studios (News, Sitcom, ...)

There are probably legal issues with this idea unless you want knock offs.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited February 2014
    Like Movie SP, I would like a set of decoration of TV studios (News, Sitcom, ...)

People keep reminding me of things!!!

I noticed the other day we don't have a film/tv studio style camera. I thought we did and was looking for ages but no. I'd love one, even if it as just modelled off a telly.

I was playing as a journalist with Ultimate Careers and set up a press area outside the Guilded Guard police station:

Screenshot-19-8.jpg

I wish we had a film camera.
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited February 2014
    In case it hasn't been said yet (too lazy to read through entire thread) I would love a clothing set that focused mainly on teen males. Aside from elder and Toddlers they are the most neglected group. With only 29 clothing items for teen males vs 71 for teen females! Even male children have more clothing items in the store. I would love to see a set exclusively focused on them, but I would settle for a set that just focused on males if it had at least 50% for teens. I'd like more jeans/t.shirts/sleepwear/dress shirts/shoes.

I also would love to see a kendo set -swordfighting :mrgreen: - and also a proper functioning ceremonial tea set, and while I am dreaming, I also think it would be cool to have a functioning hot springs that we could build ourselves so that we could make outdoor baths in different sizes depending on the lot.
  • Options
    tlc10175tlc10175 Posts: 2,550 Member
    edited February 2014
    Thank you for asking!

I just want a set that builders can have fun with. Maybe like three themes of build stuff for example? We need more grunge there's no doubt about that. I have been begging for broken windows and dilapidated build items forever. That could be one of three themes in the set. The old west theme that came with Movie Stuff pack really needs rounded out more. Where the heck are the cactus / cacti plants/trees? That would go well with Old West builds/worlds. We have gone this ENTIRE SERIES and not ONE cactus. =/

Build and landscaping items are lacking. I didn't see any hope for these items because of things going on >_> But *pretty please* can we have a cool set for builders? <=) We have enough bars/chessboards/telescopes/hot tubs.

The other set I would like to see is buy mode decor. LOTS of it. I just think it would be cool to have a lot more clutter, plants, rugs, DECOR, and wall art. <3<3

Third =P

I have this love/hate relationship with rabbitholes. BUT if must have them in my game, I have always preferred the store's rabbitholes to the games. You guys make the COOLEST rabbitholes!

I do think that a lot of the rabbitholes though, both in game and some from the store are just too identical to base game rabbitholes. It's like the base game mesh with a slight touch-up.

I think it would be cool to see a set of different themed rabbitholes (several of each) that are *completely* different than the base game rabbitholes. Completely different meshes! The hospital is a good example. Except the hospital from Midnight Hollow which is my favorite rabbit hole ever. <3 But look at the rabbitholes that came with Sunlit Tides. They are *amazing*. They stand out on their own completely. Thus giving more of a unique feel to worlds.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    belakisses wrote:
    I'd love to have some broken windows,furniture,doors,pillars and more Outside items to make your house look abandoned or haunted.

:thumbup:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for asking :D !

There are quite a few of us that have been asking for some gritty, used and broken inner city buy/build content. So much of the content for Sims is beautiful, shiny and for Sims that are upwardly mobile.

A lot of us play homeless, poor and less than fortunate Sims and we've been really ignored. It's true there are some items we can recolor to look old and used but how about boarded windows, graffiti \for walls and some furniture in the same theme.
    Buy items that would match up with this

Thumbnail_300x300.png

For build items think Bridgeport gone (way) downhill, seedy and taken over by the Sims who will never live in a mansion.

and this. :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I meant to say if a set for builders/landscaping were ever to happen, I meant just more than doors and windows. I mean fences are lacking, pillars and outdoor plants as well. :oops:

• Options
    DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited February 2014
    tlc10175 wrote:
    I have this love/hate relationship with rabbitholes. BUT if must have them in my game, I have always preferred the store's rabbitholes to the games. You guys make the COOLEST rabbitholes!

^^This! I was going to ask for new rabbitholes too, but I was fearful of getting tarred and feathered :lol: I would especially like smaller rabbitholes and more combined choices to save precious room in worlds and fit in all the amazing venues we have now.

I also see a few people asking for more jeans, and I agree. I can never find any normal, everyday, yet cool jeans for my sims to wear. I'd especially like some without patches, holes, skulls, flames, and whiskered effects.

Also, I would like some fishing/hunting decor to spruce up cabin-type builds. Fishing poles, nets, large antlers, bear-skinned rug, fishing tackle box, cute fishing hat and jackets with lures pinned on, maybe a table made out of a turned over canoe and ores to hand on the wall, etc.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2014
    Toddler, Child, and Teen period clothing sets to match all the era's clothings we have. In Sims 2 we had a fabulous long dress for toddlers girls and long old fashioned night gowns - would love to have those again. There were velvet short panted toddler boy suits with knee socks for toddler boy. Want socks for little girls. Turn of the century clothing from toddlers through teen. 20's and 30's. Our sims toddlers, kids and teens look ridiculous when we have all the parents in all this theme clothing and build a world to go with it, and the little simmies look like they warped in from the present. We really REALLY need appropriate clothing for all the sims kids to match all the themes and era. The twenties through fourties toddler clothes - go look at some Shirley Temple movies or something to see what toddlers wore. Little house on the prairie for that era. or something. I know you all must be YA's with no kids - well most of us have kids and we love playing with kids and toddlers in the game - bit I can't let any of my sims have kids as they just don't look right with all the themes and era the YA's have. Elders could benefit also with some period matched clothing.

How about some dolls that little girls can play with?

Erector sets for kids.

Lincoln logs.

Playschool sets for toddlers.

Our sims kids are very sadly lacking in everything real kids have oodles of. Kid size furniture, useable blackboards. Kids love to color and draw. Make the drawing board work like it did for sims 2. It is a drawing board after all. Blocks. Ringtoss. Baby pull toys. Clown toys. Child gardening sets. coloring books. Puzzles. Tricycles. Mr. potato head. Slinky. kids instruments.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    AznSenseiAznSensei Posts: 11,789 Member
    edited February 2014
    Thank you copeland for making this thread!

Since you said no premium content, it makes it easier for me to list themes that still need to flesh out:

1. Cultural-Inspired clothing for Teens: This is lacking the most as we do not have any selection of cultural clothing for teens that definitely needs to be fleshed out. I would like to see each culture have its own set and ONLY have teen clothing and accessories added to it. ZERO YA/Adult content also. You can also add 1-2 children outfits with it also.

2. Japanese-Inspired Children/Teens Bedroom: Add some classical traditional single beds and objects to decorate these age groups' bedrooms or go all out with some "animation-inspired" furniture (that doesn't infringe copyright laws).

3. African Inspired Bedroom/Kitchen/Bathroom: We only have the Safari Living set, so flesh it out more with these particular themed sets.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    I also wanna be added to the list of simmers who want to see the Mansard roof pieces from M&G make a return. I had begged for these as well forever and a day. I finally gave up and felt there was no hope. I am absolutely LOST without them. :(
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited February 2014
    tlc10175 wrote:

I do think that a lot of the rabbitholes though, both in game and some from the store are just too identical to base game rabbitholes. It's like the base game mesh with a slight touch-up.

I think it would be cool to see a set of different themed rabbitholes (several of each) that are *completely* different than the base game rabbitholes. Completely different meshes! The hospital is a good example. Except the hospital from Midnight Hollow which is my favorite rabbit hole ever. <3 But look at the rabbitholes that came with Sunlit Tides. They are *amazing*. They stand out on their own completely. Thus giving more of a unique feel to worlds.

Can we be best friends? I'm so crazy about the store rabbitholes too! The MH hospital is one of my faves too! And I agree, I'm so sick of the ones that look like the base game ones, I love getting the variety.

Screenshot-12-10.jpg

I have a love/hate relationship with them as well. I like the way they render well at a distance and just make worlds look prettier. But I'd rather we could always see what sims are up to (can't praise Zerbu's mood enough). So, I use rhs but tend to make a visitable section on each lot.

I'd really like more building shells. I love the ones that came with uni life! I turned this one into a museum.

Screenshot-27-3.jpg
  • Options
    Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    edited February 2014
    I like the idea that another simmer said: a pet add-on set.

Also, please don't fling coal at me, but I'm still wishing for Santa Claus in my game. I don't care what season we get him, so long as I have him for my game!

Finally, I love the garden decor ideas! Please consider them!
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited February 2014
    I'd love to see an expansion of the gym sets to include yoga!

I'd love to see more gardening decor, too.

I also want to jump on the Victorian era clothes (not just Victorian-inspired) and the Mansard roof bandwagons.

Could we get some some Regency-era clothes, too? Elizasim Bennett and Fitzwilsim Darcy could really use some more time-appropriate outfits.
  • Options
    aaronmposton87aaronmposton87 Posts: 22 New Member
    edited February 2014
    REGENCY ERA

ROYALS/ROYAL FAMILY A tea set would work with any of these.

DOWTON ABBEY

It would be nice to have some simple CAS items that haven't showed up so far. Such as... knee length socks for men, shirtless as an everyday option for men (thanks for updating all those store coats for outerwear BTW), some longer hairs for girls.

I have to make a plug for my sculpting sims. ICE IS NOT ENOUGH. I WANT TO SCULPT SIMS IN STONE!!!

I keep seeing gardening stuff. How about a gardener. As a service I mean, like in the sims 1, or a nanny like in the sims 2. Its nice when you don't have to use up family slots for servants.
  • Options
    DCExplorerDCExplorer Posts: 724 Member
    edited February 2014
    I like the idea that another simmer said: a pet add-on set.

Also, please don't fling coal at me, but I'm still wishing for Santa Claus in my game. I don't care what season we get him, so long as I have him for my game!

Finally, I love the garden decor ideas! Please consider them!

I would love all the above!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,935 Member
    edited February 2014
    Now I'm using my phone on a train to work. I was going to add to my earlier post but I'll be at work before I find it.

Frangipani tree in the game now never loses its leaves. Even when it's snowing. I know they don't grow in snow. But they do lose their leaves every year. Even when growing near the equator. I grew up with them and the one I have in my front yard started getting its leaves again a few weeks ago.

Through the spyglass. I'd like build items as well as buy items. And things for the garden. A croquet set with flamingos would be amazing. I'd like bookcases and kitchen and more beds and living room and whatever else you or others can think of. I want to build a whole house using just spyglass stuff.

BTW my tractor keeps blowing up. I love farming. It it gets expensive if you have to buy a new tractor each time you harvest. I'm still trying to find out why it is doing it. It is throwing errors. Mods delete it. No mods and it stops in between the money trees. I do have it indoors though so that could be the problem. I don't like farming in the snow. Maybe I'll have to stick to dragons to harvest. Tractor only harvests trees inside any way.

More spyglass and fixed fountains and completion of any other sets to include all rooms and outdoors and build items please.

Thank you for asking what we want. I hope you can find something here in all these suggestions you are getting that you'd like to work with.

• Options
    Rickwtf55Rickwtf55 Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    Could we get more stuff to go with Roaring Heights. Jazz-age Bedroom, Regency Kitchen or whatever you need to call it to make it work. Thanks.
  • Options
    AHeitlerAHeitler Posts: 123 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Like a few others, I'd rather see existing sets completed than new ones and please, pretty please with marshmallows on top, clothing for elders :)
  • Options
    gayarsgayars Posts: 2,229 Member
    edited February 2014
    A sewing machine and pottery wheel.

More toddler toys.

A REGULAR coffeepot.

More birdbaths would be nice. throw pillows that could be decor that can be added to chairs/couches. Or even thrown on floors or put on beds. Magic decor. MORE candles. Different colored candles. Ones that can be put on the floor for instance.

More maternity wear. LOTS more maternity wear.

Forgot to add upright piano!
  • Options
    tomyjaytomyjay Posts: 24 New Member
    edited February 2014
    Amazing thread. I think I got a few ideas.

1) A Slumber party/sleepover set would be amazing. New Pjs for teens/children. New bedroom stuff made just for them. More stuffed animals. I would love more posters! Also you can have new premium content where they do each others nails!

2) I would love a new mommy set, or something along the lines. We need MORE maternity clothes. Someone also mentioned yogo for pregnant sims (but not limited to) and twin strollers. I think it would be cool if we had maternity gym venue, but just new clothes would be nice.

3) We need love day items. A heart-shaped hot-tub, new sleepwear, more candles, just more romantic items would be nice.

To be honest anything new would be nice.
  • Options
    tomyjaytomyjay Posts: 24 New Member
    edited February 2014
    REGENCY ERA

ROYALS/ROYAL FAMILY A tea set would work with any of these.

DOWTON ABBEY

It would be nice to have some simple CAS items that haven't showed up so far. Such as... knee length socks for men, shirtless as an everyday option for men (thanks for updating all those store coats for outerwear BTW), some longer hairs for girls.

I have to make a plug for my sculpting sims. ICE IS NOT ENOUGH. I WANT TO SCULPT SIMS IN STONE!!!

I keep seeing gardening stuff. How about a gardener. As a service I mean, like in the sims 1, or a nanny like in the sims 2. Its nice when you don't have to use up family slots for servants.

Pretty please give us gardener!
  • Options
    chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hmmm whilst we are on the celebratory theme then why not release some of the more popular Sims 2 CAS items. He dresses of Bella Goth and Dina Caliente would be popular with many old school Simmers, and whilst you are at it maybe throw in that infamous Cassandra high pigtail style as well as Dina's straight centre parting. :mrgreen:

For (slightly) unique ideas how about a "Red Neck" Fashions set. Sure we have a whole range of glamerous Sims but lets throw in a couple of scruffy Sims. I would love a hair in curlers set with maybe some oversized scruffy shirts/dressing gowns/truckers caps. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    tlc10175 wrote:

Can we be best friends? I'm so crazy about the store rabbitholes too! The MH hospital is one of my faves too! And I agree, I'm so sick of the ones that look like the base game ones, I love getting the variety.

Screenshot-12-10.jpg

I have a love/hate relationship with them as well. I like the way they render well at a distance and just make worlds look prettier. But I'd rather we could always see what sims are up to (can't praise Zerbu's mood enough). So, I use rhs but tend to make a visitable section on each lot.

That picture is beautiful!
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,935 Member
    edited February 2014
    I forgot to add I'd love a pottery wheel.

Also want most things everyone else has mentioned. Especially build items and expansions to existing sets.

Of course I'd love to grow harvest pick and arrange flowers. But that sounds like PC.
    Post edited by Unknown User on