Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

aricarai's Little Creative Spot [CLOSED]

Comments

• Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited October 2013
    Corwim wrote:
    Been running around the creative corner forum to catch up with what everyone has been up to these last few weeks, and finally came across your thread (definitely bookmarked now for future check ups :wink: ). Wow, I am LOVING your latest modern builds! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Cyprus Springs looks zoing, so so so amazing! :D I love the architecture, the black-and-white interiors livened up by beautiful splashes of colour, you have such a great eye for contemporary, modern interior design. 8) Woooot, big congrats on getting it featured, absolutely deserved that one! :thumbup: And your Zenith od Tesla remodel from, let's admit it, a very bland EA starter house (sorry EA :wink: ) is just so creative! I love all the futuristic touches you've given to the house, its interiors and the added scientific basement where sims can boldly go into full Star Trek mode. :) I also really like how your houses look at night, plus your pictures are just wonderful and really do your creations justice. :thumbup: the same also goes for your sim Bea! She's an absolutely adorable sim, and her outfits are stunning. Again, really amazing pictures you've posted of her, love how you've played with lighting there! 8) And just noticed you've added a new sim yesterday! Ida looks fantastic, and I love the background story you've created for her! One full blown RECcing galore through your studio coming up right now! :D

Awww, Cor! Thank you so very, very much for taking the time to catch up on all of my creations. I'm especially proud of Cyprus Springs - that was a big labor of love, but I tried out things in that build that I've never tried before. Like using invisible lights for the different lighting effects. Even though it's been done before me, I felt like some sort of genius when I did that. And then I just went CRAZY with 'em in Zenith od Tesla! Oooh, how I love a good remodel! EA could use some help with their starters, couldn't they? But then, I guess if they started out top notch, there wouldn't be anything to remodel! Auntie Bea is one of my favorites that I've created, she's kind of a play on myself and the "crazy" aunt persona! I loved playing with an insane sim for photos! Oooh, yeah, Ida! Reminds me - I best get posting more pictures! :wink: *big hugs*
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hello loves and doves! I'm baaaaaack with a new Sim for a contest! I made Ida especially for Skymyst's Campus Life contest. My entry is here!

294d68e2-52a1-4fb8-88ca-3179034b9d40.jpg

Constantly teased for her overly large eyes, slightly pointy ears, and less than fashionable ways, shy and reserved Ida Jack had to find other ways to stand out. Encouraged by her Nana Ruby, Ida took up painting and dancing to express herself. With tears in her eyes, Nana Ruby always said, "My sweet Ida, you have a gift - one that needs to be shared!" As Ida prepares for university, her Nana's words stick with her. Will she reach her goals or will her fears hold her back?

357k9oo.png

90b0a5b0-5804-4e73-898d-ad7b1b364175.jpg

IdaJackoutfits1.png

IdaJackoutfits2.png

d570fe19-4ede-4e95-a607-e1397a4612c4.jpg

e2b75aa5-ff7c-406d-9d3e-0ded5ddb2800.jpg

2f116087-81e1-4739-bc2f-20b64a10598d.jpg

• Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited October 2013
    aricarai wrote:
    Awww, Cor! Thank you so very, very much for taking the time to catch up on all of my creations. I'm especially proud of Cyprus Springs - that was a big labor of love, but I tried out things in that build that I've never tried before. Like using invisible lights for the different lighting effects. Even though it's been done before me, I felt like some sort of genius when I did that. And then I just went CRAZY with 'em in Zenith od Tesla! Oooh, how I love a good remodel! EA could use some help with their starters, couldn't they? But then, I guess if they started out top notch, there wouldn't be anything to remodel! Auntie Bea is one of my favorites that I've created, she's kind of a play on myself and the "crazy" aunt persona! I loved playing with an insane sim for photos! Oooh, yeah, Ida! Reminds me - I best get posting more pictures! :wink: *big hugs*

You're welcome sweetie! :) I was thinking when I saw your pictures of Cyprus Springs and Zenith, 'how did she do that lighting', especially on the exterior in the night tims pictures! It looks fantastic! 8) So you achieved that with those invisible lights you find in buydebug?

Lolz, so true! :mrgreen: We could say EA is very good at deliberately making their starters look bad! :wink: Hehe, wonderful that Bea is a play on yourself. :) I looooove insane sims in general, they have the funniest animations! :mrgreen: Aha, bad bad Arica, keeping Ida's pictures from us! :P I look forward to them! :thumbup:

EDIT: and there they are! :D Wonderful pictures Arica! :thumbup: I love how you've lit them and the poses you've used, fantastic outfits too. Good luck in the contest! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited October 2013
    Ida looks very realistic. I love her! Great sim!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited October 2013
    Ida is very nice. :) Great creative and descriptive answers to the questions that she was asked about her for her life, skills and application to go to the uni! Great photos of her and Nana Ruby dancing ! Nana Ruby looks and sounds like a very encouraging lady! Nice photo of Ruby encouraging Ida on in the background with Ida's dancing. It looks great the way you have taken the photo of them both painting, with the easels back to back. Great setting up of all the photos, with the background setting and the poses of Ida and of Ruby. Great hairstyles and outfits that Ida is wearing. Ida's love and respect and joy that she has for her Nana shines through the entry so much! Ida has a very nice face,
    Great creating of her! I think that Siler Robertson may have to be careful if Ida sees him again, because she might throw spaghetti at him instead! :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Corwim wrote:
    aricarai wrote:

You're welcome sweetie! :) I was thinking when I saw your pictures of Cyprus Springs and Zenith, 'how did she do that lighting', especially on the exterior in the night tims pictures! It looks fantastic! 8) So you achieved that with those invisible lights you find in buydebug?

Lolz, so true! :mrgreen: We could say EA is very good at deliberately making their starters look bad! :wink: Hehe, wonderful that Bea is a play on yourself. :) I looooove insane sims in general, they have the funniest animations! :mrgreen: Aha, bad bad Arica, keeping Ida's pictures from us! :P I look forward to them! :thumbup:

EDIT: and there they are! :D Wonderful pictures Arica! :thumbup: I love how you've lit them and the poses you've used, fantastic outfits too. Good luck in the contest! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Yes, all done with invisible lights and then just change the color to whatever you wish! :D And I love using fire effects too!

I'm glad you like Ida - I always try to do different things with my Sims and this time Ida got overly large features that I think make her look a little bit innocent, sweet, and shy! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    illusie wrote:
    Ida looks very realistic. I love her! Great sim!

Thank you so much illusie! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Ida is very nice. :) Great creative and descriptive answers to the questions that she was asked about her for her life, skills and application to go to the uni! Great photos of her and Nana Ruby dancing ! Nana Ruby looks and sounds like a very encouraging lady! Nice photo of Ruby encouraging Ida on in the background with Ida's dancing. It looks great the way you have taken the photo of them both painting, with the easels back to back. Great setting up of all the photos, with the background setting and the poses of Ida and of Ruby. Great hairstyles and outfits that Ida is wearing. Ida's love and respect and joy that she has for her Nana shines through the entry so much! Ida has a very nice face,
    Great creating of her! I think that Siler Robertson may have to be careful if Ida sees him again, because she might throw spaghetti at him instead! :)

Aww, rose! Thank you for checking out my entry! I wish I had more time for the contest because I was thinking of making Siler Robertson. I can't decide if he's a changed man, yet! :wink:

Super happy you like Ida! :mrgreen: Thank you as always for your wonderful comments!
  • Options
    GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    edited October 2013
    Absolutely floored by your latest build. Planning to use it as my main house once ITF releases (unless you come up with something even more awesome before then of course 8) )

Here's my comment from the app thread:
    OH MY GOODNESS!!! Slow down with those amazing building skills and let the rest of us catch up I have always been in awe of your creation, but I have loved watching how they've developed over the last few months. You are a true artist, and this build is a masterpiece in every way. The architecture is stunning - I love that raised roof. The lighting is staggeringly beautiful. It makes this clean-lined build seem magical, almost ethereal. I tried to do something similar with coloured lights in a Lunar Lakes build, but it didn't look half so good as yours, and I actually ended up getting bored and not finishing it. The entryway into the back garden is very inviting and I love the fountains. The interiors are really inspired. I love that you haven't gone down the predicatable minimalist route, and that everything is so fun and pretty. I think the dining room is my favourite room - I really like the colours and the patterns in there; but I love the bathroom too, and that picture of the sinks looks too good to even have come from a sims game! The experimentation basement just looks amazing! Love the laser doors, multiple TV screens, and UV tube lighting - you're so creative! Anyway, I'm rambling. AMAZING build! *applause*

Also, Ida is totally adorable. I drf'd her as soon as you uploaded last night, but it's so great to see your beautiful pictures of her here today.

xxx
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    edited October 2013
    Awesome work Ari.. You have outstanding photography skills.. Rec'd
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hey Ari! Ida is just GORGEOUS! I absolutely LOVE her outfits and cool poses! Good luck in the contest! :thumbup:
  • Options
    TarynTempestwindTarynTempestwind Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited October 2013
    I love Ida and her overly large eyes and slightly pointed ears!

My goodness you ae a great Sim presenter!

Rec'd!
    T
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    GreenCats wrote:
    Absolutely floored by your latest build. Planning to use it as my main house once ITF releases (unless you come up with something even more awesome before then of course 8) )

Here's my comment from the app thread:
    OH MY GOODNESS!!! Slow down with those amazing building skills and let the rest of us catch up I have always been in awe of your creation, but I have loved watching how they've developed over the last few months. You are a true artist, and this build is a masterpiece in every way. The architecture is stunning - I love that raised roof. The lighting is staggeringly beautiful. It makes this clean-lined build seem magical, almost ethereal. I tried to do something similar with coloured lights in a Lunar Lakes build, but it didn't look half so good as yours, and I actually ended up getting bored and not finishing it. The entryway into the back garden is very inviting and I love the fountains. The interiors are really inspired. I love that you haven't gone down the predicatable minimalist route, and that everything is so fun and pretty. I think the dining room is my favourite room - I really like the colours and the patterns in there; but I love the bathroom too, and that picture of the sinks looks too good to even have come from a sims game! The experimentation basement just looks amazing! Love the laser doors, multiple TV screens, and UV tube lighting - you're so creative! Anyway, I'm rambling. AMAZING build! *applause*

Also, Ida is totally adorable. I drf'd her as soon as you uploaded last night, but it's so great to see your beautiful pictures of her here today.

xxx

Hi sweet GC! I'm so happy you love Zenith od Tesla. It was a lot of fun making the Monotone into a futuristic playground. I've never really done anything futuristic before and I don't have Lunar Lakes, so this was a bit out of my comfort zone if I'm honest. The only thing I knew when I started was that I didn't want to go for the all white look and that's where the invisible lights came in! Then it just kind of flowed from there! :mrgreen: Super happy you like it!

Ida was another out of my comfort zone creation. I don't think she is something that I would normally create, but I think she turned out cute as a button. Thank you for the DRF and the lovely compliments, GC! xx
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    BreeMiles wrote:
    Awesome work Ari.. You have outstanding photography skills.. Rec'd

Thank you lovely Bree! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Hey Ari! Ida is just GORGEOUS! I absolutely LOVE her outfits and cool poses! Good luck in the contest! :thumbup:

Thank you, Cath! I do hope the judges like her, too! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I love Ida and her overly large eyes and slightly pointed ears!

My goodness you ae a great Sim presenter!

Rec'd!
    T

Thanks, T! Super happy you like the quirkiness that makes Ida unique! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited October 2013
    Awesome Ari! :D The photos looks amazing! Ida is so beautiful. Her hair and her clothes are perfect! Love that pose you have chosen for the cover pic. Recommended and added to my favourites. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited October 2013
    aricarai wrote:
    Yes, all done with invisible lights and then just change the color to whatever you wish! :D And I love using fire effects too!

I'm glad you like Ida - I always try to do different things with my Sims and this time Ida got overly large features that I think make her look a little bit innocent, sweet, and shy! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Thanks! Good to know, yet another thing to add to list of things I need to experiment with if I ever find me some simming building time! :) Fire effects you say, like with fog emitter codes? Hehe, I have that one on my list as well. :D

She does, Ida fits her description to a T (well a D if we're going with description :wink: ). She looks very distinct and I haven't seen this use of lerger features much before and it works beautifully. Great job! :thumbup:
  • Options
    MeaganJoMeaganJo Posts: 4,343 Member
    edited October 2013
    Love your new simmie, she is beautiful! Rec'd :)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    yanti68 wrote:
    Awesome Ari! :D The photos looks amazing! Ida is so beautiful. Her hair and her clothes are perfect! Love that pose you have chosen for the cover pic. Recommended and added to my favourites. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Hi dearest yanti! I'm so happy that you like Ida enough to pop her into your favorites. She's so different than anything I've done before, but I think she's turned out just how I envisioned! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Corwim wrote:
    aricarai wrote:

Thanks! Good to know, yet another thing to add to list of things I need to experiment with if I ever find me some simming building time! :) Fire effects you say, like with fog emitter codes? Hehe, I have that one on my list as well. :D

She does, Ida fits her description to a T (well a D if we're going with description :wink: ). She looks very distinct and I haven't seen this use of lerger features much before and it works beautifully. Great job! :thumbup:

Yep, firepit is the code that I've been using frequently! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    MeaganJo wrote:
    Love your new simmie, she is beautiful! Rec'd :)

Thank you, MJ! I appreciate it :D
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    edited October 2013
    Ida is super awesome :D Very unique :> Already rec'd o.o
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Manssom wrote:
    Ida is super awesome :D Very unique :> Already rec'd o.o

Thank you lovely, Swan! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    NiniBeMe69NiniBeMe69 Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited October 2013
    Aricarai, what a cute sim. I really like her clothes and she looks like a lot of fun. Rec'd :) Good luck in the contest too. :thumbup: