Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

aricarai's Little Creative Spot [CLOSED]

Comments

• Options
    aminovasaminovas Posts: 1,523 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi Aricarai, I've got Bea in my game thanks to Nana and Ra's wedding, and I wanted to say she is just as much fun in game as she is in your pics and I'm totally delighted with her! Thank you for sharing her :)
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited August 2013
    GreenCats wrote:
    aricarai wrote:
    GreenCats wrote:
    Oh my goodness, Bea looks so fantastic!!! I love her bio, and the beautiful (and occasionally hilarious) pictures you've taken of her, and all of her outfits are just so cool and creative. She's going straight in my game :mrgreen:

Can I ask which S club skin default you're using? All the ones I have by them are super pale...apart from one really awful dark one (which doesn't look anything like Bea's lovely skin). The pale ones are nice, they just mess up genetics because the darkness slider doesn't really do much. Also they're these huge, huge files - even the non-HQ ones are 10 times the size of my ephemera defaults. I'd love to have one like the one in your pictures!

Hi GC! How are you doing sweetie!

Aww, thank you so much for the compliment on Bea! I had so fun creating her and having a little photo shoot with her. Insane Sims really do make the best faces! Aww, I'm honored that she's going in your game :mrgreen:

I used S-Club F&M 2.0B. I do miss the body structure that Ephemera has, but I absolutely luuuuurve the breasticals of S-Club. They look good. Haha! Try that one and let me know how it pans out! :D

Helloooo! I'm ok, thank you. Still no where near back on track with things but I'm starting to feel better - much less sleepy. I stopped by the forums today to thank a friend for some gifts, and figured I'd upload a couple of the households I've been playing for you guys while I was here. It's taking me longer than I anticipated though, haha!

You're welcome for the compliments. I was so excited to see you had a new sim, and Bea is really special. Those are certainly some fantastic faces! Who says TS3 sims aren't expressive? :P

Oh this is so weird, that's exactly the skin I was using but it was really light all the way up to the far right of the slider. I had the non-default installed so maybe I'll give the defaults a go. Thanks for answering!

Super duper happy that you are starting to feel better - that's always good! Take it one day at a time, as I'm sure you are!
    Haha, yeah, I've got to agree with you - Sims 3 Sims make some fantastic faces.

I actually had Bea a lot darker on the slider, but it didn't look so well, so I brought it back down!

Let me know if you're able to get it working in your game! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    aminovas wrote:
    Aricarai, I've got Bea in my game thanks to Nana and Ra's wedding, and I wanted to say she is just as much fun in game as she is in your pics and I'm totally delighted with her! Thank you for sharing her :)

Aww, thank you so much! That gives me all sorts of warm fuzzies! I like getting feedback from people who use my Sims in their games - this has made my day! :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    This is my first DNA Request BUILD and I do believe that I am mighty fond of it!

*Note* Picture Heavy!

CyprusSprings.png

Cyprus Springs is a modern two bedroom, two bathroom villa with avant-garde water and fire features dotted around the property. Mostly white, black, and silver in decor, splashes of color make this abode a work of art. Highlights include an open concept kitchen/dining room, office, game area, small garden, stunning backyard, and beautiful views throughout. Upgraded and play tested by the Rai Price Miller Quartet.

download•Cyprus•Springs•here

Screenshot-1625.jpg

Screenshot-1622.jpg

Screenshot-1584.jpg

Screenshot-1653.jpg

Screenshot-1573.jpg

Screenshot-1575.jpg

Screenshot-1663.jpg

Screenshot-1572.jpg

Screenshot-1620.jpg

Screenshot-1657.jpg

Screenshot-1582.jpg

Screenshot-1583.jpg

Screenshot-1618.jpg

Screenshot-1577.jpg

Screenshot-1578.jpg

Screenshot-1662.jpg

Screenshot-1629.jpg

Screenshot-1598.jpg

Screenshot-1630.jpg

Screenshot-1596.jpg

Screenshot-1595.jpg

Screenshot-1549.jpg

Screenshot-1600.jpg

Screenshot-1607.jpg

Screenshot-1601.jpg

Screenshot-1602.jpg

Screenshot-1603.jpg

Screenshot-1608.jpg

Screenshot-1609.jpg

Screenshot-1612.jpg

Screenshot-1633.jpg

Screenshot-1632.jpg

Screenshot-1614.jpg

Screenshot-1613.jpg

Screenshot-1637.jpg

Screenshot-1636.jpg

Screenshot-1631.jpg

Screenshot-1588.jpg

Screenshot-1592.jpg

Screenshot-1589.jpg

These are just some of my favorite shots that highlighted the colorful possibilities of Cyprus Springs!

Screenshot-1644.jpg

Screenshot-1645.jpg

Screenshot-1647.jpg

Screenshot-1660.jpg

Screenshot-1658.jpg

Screenshot-1659.jpg

Screenshot-1617.jpg

Screenshot-1635.jpg

Screenshot-1639.jpg
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    jennytrujennytru Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited September 2013
    wow! you have ever reason to be proud of your first DNA request build- it rocks!

I like your use of plants on your lot. =)
    Moonstone.jpg

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,621 Member
    edited September 2013
    I posted on your DNA request thread, but thought now it would be better on your showcase thread. Congratulations on your first DNA request, which you have done so well !! :) I will repost what I wrote there here.
    Cyprus Springs is a great home. :) It is modern, artistic in your furnishing of it and well designed. Great exterior design of it. The way you have done the windows looks great, making it an open light home for sims to live in, and look out at what is happening outdoors. Great water feature in the front of the build. The white, black and silver colour scheme that you have used throughout the home looks great combined with the way you have used the other touches of colour. The indoor entrance to the home looks great how you have done the nook on the right handside with the pot on the table and have placed the sculpture on the left hand side behind the stairs. Great use of space and it looks great. Great design of the kitchen. The brick wall pattern looks great, and the CAP photos on the corner sides of the wall look great. It is a great coffee corner that you created there with the coffeeology photo and the coffee machine going well together. A great picture for sims to look at as they brew their coffee. Great alcove section behind the oven. Sim will like having the kitchen glass windows above the sink for them to have sunlight coming in on them or for them to look out at the views whilst they are preparing food and washing dishes/their hands. The colours of the items in the cabinets in the dining area combined with the pink lighting on the shelves in the middle area between these 2 cabinets, looks great! Great way you have placed the shelves/cabinets/sculpture and other items together to create this wall feature, and having the background of the brick wall patterns behind it looks good. . Great way you have done the sunken living room area. It looks good how you have done the steps going down to it. It looks great the way ou have created a nook area for watching tv, separated off by the stair railings. The recoloured green teeth sculptures each side of the tv look great! Great sculptures/art items you have placed throughout the whole home! Great way you have positioned them in the various areas/rooms . The wall pattern behind the tv looks great, and goes well with the colour scheme of the home . The wall feature in the game area which has the 2 toys on the shelves, the comics stand and the wall pictures looks great! Great way you have placed lights throughout the home. The study room looks great, particularly the purple hands either side of the door which welcome sims as they enter the room! Great way you have done mooing through out the house and the placement of pictures and other items on the walls all look great. Great way you have done the indoor balcony area with the plants in the white boxes. It is a great feature to look up at and see whilst standing on the lower level, or to look across and view whilst playing pool or listening to the music on that level. The type of ceiling light that you placed over the railings there which opens up to the lower level looks great. The curved corner sofa seating nook in the pool games area look great to sit and relax and have a cup of coffee. Great views sims would have looking through the windows. Nice furnishing of the bedrooms. The pot plants on the table at the end of the master bedroom bed looks great. Great tv corner section there. Very nice way you have done the bath tub with the greenery plants! Great art studio for sculpting. The hanging pictures there look good, and great blue light effect. Great outdoor areas. Great balcony for sims to sit out and have a drink from the bar or play chess or play some guitar music . Very nice garden area where there is the easel for sims to enjoy creating painting masterpieces in nice surroundings. The corner sofa seating looks comfortable for relaxing there, and great way you have done the plants, water feature and rocks. Sim will enjoy eating outdoors on the table there, whether at night or through the day after cooking on the bbq. Great way you have designed the bbq area with steps leading up to/from the cooking section to where they will eat the food at the table. Nice pool and hot area for sims to relax in the tub or pool and lie on the loungers nearby. Very nice photos of your build at nighttime!
    A great home! :)
  • Options
    PurpleKachinaPurpleKachina Posts: 4,159 Member
    edited September 2013
    Oh, what is this :shock: Something amazing for sure! My god woman, there's just no
    end to your awesomeness is there? :'D I can see that we have similar taste when it
    comes to interiors, I LOVE it! So pretty *__* Pops of color and lots of wood, white
    and of course black! Must have black! This is awesome :>

The architecture is like I've said before, stunning! And those hands xD I might
    give them a new try someday! Fantastic work ^__^ Of course I rec'd (and faved) :>
  • Options
    WildeatheartWildeatheart Posts: 1,785 Member
    edited September 2013
    This house is stunning! :D I love the way you have accented the blacks and whites with exciting purples, blues, greens and oranges!

The water looks great, especially by the painting area! The way the outside is entirely made of woods is really natural and realistic, and works with the theme of the world! Also a good spot to build, beautiful view! I love the hot tub spot, and the lights along the edge of the building! :D

Rec'd! :thumbup:
    tumblr_static_b95t53zz25sskgcso8s48cksw.jpg
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited September 2013
    What a droolworthy build Ari! So very impressive! :D

Lovely architecture :thumbup:

Great landscaping :thumbup:

Fantastic trendy interiors :thumbup:

In short brilliant job Ari! Recommended and added to my favourites. :D
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    jennytru wrote:
    wow! you have ever reason to be proud of your first DNA request build- it rocks!

I like your use of plants on your lot. =)

Thank you dear jenny! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    I posted on your DNA request thread, but thought now it would be better on your showcase thread. Congratulations on your first DNA request, which you have done so well !! :) I will repost what I wrote there here.
    Cyprus Springs is a great home. :) It is modern, artistic in your furnishing of it and well designed. Great exterior design of it. The way you have done the windows looks great, making it an open light home for sims to live in, and look out at what is happening outdoors. Great water feature in the front of the build. The white, black and silver colour scheme that you have used throughout the home looks great combined with the way you have used the other touches of colour. The indoor entrance to the home looks great how you have done the nook on the right handside with the pot on the table and have placed the sculpture on the left hand side behind the stairs. Great use of space and it looks great. Great design of the kitchen. The brick wall pattern looks great, and the CAP photos on the corner sides of the wall look great. It is a great coffee corner that you created there with the coffeeology photo and the coffee machine going well together. A great picture for sims to look at as they brew their coffee. Great alcove section behind the oven. Sim will like having the kitchen glass windows above the sink for them to have sunlight coming in on them or for them to look out at the views whilst they are preparing food and washing dishes/their hands. The colours of the items in the cabinets in the dining area combined with the pink lighting on the shelves in the middle area between these 2 cabinets, looks great! Great way you have placed the shelves/cabinets/sculpture and other items together to create this wall feature, and having the background of the brick wall patterns behind it looks good. . Great way you have done the sunken living room area. It looks good how you have done the steps going down to it. It looks great the way ou have created a nook area for watching tv, separated off by the stair railings. The recoloured green teeth sculptures each side of the tv look great! Great sculptures/art items you have placed throughout the whole home! Great way you have positioned them in the various areas/rooms . The wall pattern behind the tv looks great, and goes well with the colour scheme of the home . The wall feature in the game area which has the 2 toys on the shelves, the comics stand and the wall pictures looks great! Great way you have placed lights throughout the home. The study room looks great, particularly the purple hands either side of the door which welcome sims as they enter the room! Great way you have done mooing through out the house and the placement of pictures and other items on the walls all look great. Great way you have done the indoor balcony area with the plants in the white boxes. It is a great feature to look up at and see whilst standing on the lower level, or to look across and view whilst playing pool or listening to the music on that level. The type of ceiling light that you placed over the railings there which opens up to the lower level looks great. The curved corner sofa seating nook in the pool games area look great to sit and relax and have a cup of coffee. Great views sims would have looking through the windows. Nice furnishing of the bedrooms. The pot plants on the table at the end of the master bedroom bed looks great. Great tv corner section there. Very nice way you have done the bath tub with the greenery plants! Great art studio for sculpting. The hanging pictures there look good, and great blue light effect. Great outdoor areas. Great balcony for sims to sit out and have a drink from the bar or play chess or play some guitar music . Very nice garden area where there is the easel for sims to enjoy creating painting masterpieces in nice surroundings. The corner sofa seating looks comfortable for relaxing there, and great way you have done the plants, water feature and rocks. Sim will enjoy eating outdoors on the table there, whether at night or through the day after cooking on the bbq. Great way you have designed the bbq area with steps leading up to/from the cooking section to where they will eat the food at the table. Nice pool and hot area for sims to relax in the tub or pool and lie on the loungers nearby. Very nice photos of your build at nighttime!
    A great home! :)

Your kind comments always give me warm fuzzies! Thank you so much rose! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Manssom wrote:
    Oh, what is this :shock: Something amazing for sure! My god woman, there's just no
    end to your awesomeness is there? :'D I can see that we have similar taste when it
    comes to interiors, I LOVE it! So pretty *__* Pops of color and lots of wood, white
    and of course black! Must have black! This is awesome :>

The architecture is like I've said before, stunning! And those hands xD I might
    give them a new try someday! Fantastic work ^__^ Of course I rec'd (and faved) :>

:shock: Your comments just made me do that and then I read the bolded part and I did this :mrgreen: You do make me giggle!

Thank you so much for these wonderful comments - they do make me smile! We do have similar styles, don't we! I've never played with so much black and white before, but I had so much fun with this build - it was amazing to bring it to life!

Thank you for the rec and fav! I really appreciate it! *big hugs*
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    This house is stunning! :D I love the way you have accented the blacks and whites with exciting purples, blues, greens and oranges!

The water looks great, especially by the painting area! The way the outside is entirely made of woods is really natural and realistic, and works with the theme of the world! Also a good spot to build, beautiful view! I love the hot tub spot, and the lights along the edge of the building! :D

Rec'd! :thumbup:

Hello my dear! Thank you for stopping by -- you commented on my DNA thread and said you thought you had commented but it didn't show up. I think it showed up here! :wink:
    Thank you for taking the time to comment in both places -- I really, really appreciate it! I'm so happy you're diggin' what I did! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    yanti68 wrote:
    What a droolworthy build Ari! So very impressive! :D

Lovely architecture :thumbup:

Great landscaping :thumbup:

Fantastic trendy interiors :thumbup:

In short brilliant job Ari! Recommended and added to my favourites. :D

Awww, dear yanti! I so appreciate the rec and fav - it means a lot! Thank you so much. I'm so happy you like Cyprus Springs! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Ladybutterfly174Ladybutterfly174 Posts: 21
    edited September 2013
    Took me a bit, but I finally found your thread. Great Studio btw :0)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Took me a bit, but I finally found your thread. Great Studio btw :0)

Thank you so much, Ladybutterfly! I really appreciate you stopping by! I'm sorry I led you on a goosehunt to find my thread, but I'm super happy you made it! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hey Ari! I think I've posted everywhere else, but just wanted to leave a little note here too. Big Congratulations on your 1st Build Request! You did an Amazingly Awesome job! I love sooooo many things about Cypress Springs! I said it before, and I'll say it again, those two Giant Hands are giving you a Huge Round of Applause! :mrgreen: Rec'd and Fav'd and then again, lol! :XD:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Hey Ari! I think I've posted everywhere else, but just wanted to leave a little note here too. Big Congratulations on your 1st Build Request! You did an Amazingly Awesome job! I love sooooo many things about Cypress Springs! I said it before, and I'll say it again, those two Giant Hands are giving you a Huge Round of Applause! :mrgreen: Rec'd and Fav'd and then again, lol! :XD:

Thank you so much, sweet Cath! It's hard to keep up with all of the places that I'm posting, isn't it? :wink: I really appreciate you taking the time to comment and for your never-ending support! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited September 2013
    Ari! What a bold modern! Love the pops of color and your use of the lighting colors! The landscaping is gorgeous and those hands!! They do get your attention! Love it! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    romagi1 wrote:
    Ari! What a bold modern! Love the pops of color and your use of the lighting colors! The landscaping is gorgeous and those hands!! They do get your attention! Love it! :mrgreen:

Thanks so much, romagi! Those hands do make a statement, don't they? Sort of like come hither! :mrgreen:

So happy you like Cyprus Springs! :D
  • Options
    priscapuppriscapup Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited September 2013
    Ari! What an amazing entrance you have made with your first DNA build! But of course... it screams you! It is your style, sweetie... you go big, or go home! It is fabulous, and I think I must download and check this one out up close and personal. :mrgreen:

Big rec and fave! *hugs*
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    priscapup wrote:
    Ari! What an amazing entrance you have made with your first DNA build! But of course... it screams you! It is your style, sweetie... you go big, or go home! It is fabulous, and I think I must download and check this one out up close and personal. :mrgreen:

Big rec and fave! *hugs*

Oooh, P-pup, how I love you! Your comment made me smile! I love that you think this is my style! I do love a good modern! Thank you for the DRF, m'dear! *big hugs* :mrgreen:
  • Options
    imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi here, sweetie! Congratulations on your first finished dna-request build. Cyprus Springs looks amazing in all details! Gorgeous architecture and really love the interiors - all rooms look wonderful! :)
    already rec'd of course
    Have a great weekend! *hugs*
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    imoger wrote:
    Hi here, sweetie! Congratulations on your first finished dna-request build. Cyprus Springs looks amazing in all details! Gorgeous architecture and really love the interiors - all rooms look wonderful! :)
    already rec'd of course
    Have a great weekend! *hugs*

Thank you so much my sweet! I really, really appreciate you stopping by and taking the time to comment *hugs*
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    OH MY SQUEE!
    I just received notification that Cyprus Springs was FEATURED!
    Thank you so much to SimGuruHydra and thank you to everyone that has left comments, recs, favs, and downloads! Big thanks to Iona98 for allowing me to bring your request to light! :D *BIG SQUISHY HUGS*