Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dwellings, Destinations & Designs - a creation-sharing thread (formerly DDSBA)

Comments

• Options
    glenkatkoglenkatko Posts: 885 Member
    edited September 2013
    TisenShiro wrote:
    Meg, You asked, in the other forum, and so you shall receive:
    An update on my shopping center :P

LOL anyhow, I have been working on the main room of the Mom and Pop Hardware/General Store in my shopping center for the past few days. It is taking way longer than I thought but I think it is coming together pretty good. The items are all laid out, I need to decorate a little more, but I am going to leave it kinda plain, cause I want it to look like a hardware store. I hope you guys like it so far.

This side is all the smaller hardware stuff, with a small section for pets and home needs at the top
    Screenshot.jpg

This side is the bigger Hardware items, and a health and beauty accessories section
    Screenshot_2.jpg

If you notice gaps in between some of the items, its because I wanted it to look like a few items had already been sold.

That looks so cool! Although, your hardware store might want to invest in a few light bulbs! :lol:
  • Options
    TisenShiroTisenShiro Posts: 338 New Member
    edited September 2013
    glenkatko wrote:
    That looks so cool! Although, your hardware store might want to invest in a few light bulbs! :lol:

LOL, I didn't even think about it until after I posted the pics, that it was so dark. ALthough I thought it was kinda neat, because it looks like a store with the lights off, right before it opens. But yeah I put light in right after I posted it :oops: :lol: .
  • Options
    glenkatkoglenkatko Posts: 885 Member
    edited September 2013
    TisenShiro wrote:
    glenkatko wrote:

LOL, I didn't even think about it until after I posted the pics, that it was so dark. ALthough I thought it was kinda neat, because it looks like a store with the lights off, right before it opens. But yeah I put light in right after I posted it :oops: :lol: .

You're right, it did remind me of a store right before opening. It just struck me as funny since it's a hardware store, which usually sells light bulbs! :lol:
  • Options
    Meg1626Meg1626 Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited September 2013
    Oh, Brett, it looks great! Build, builld, build!! Muahahah. <-- that's my evil laugh :twisted:

::cough:: Ehem.. ok, I'm done.

So how many stores will you end up with Brett? :D
  • Options
    TisenShiroTisenShiro Posts: 338 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Meg1626 wrote:
    Oh, Brett, it looks great! Build, builld, build!! Muahahah. <-- that's my evil laugh :twisted:

::cough:: Ehem.. ok, I'm done.

So how many stores will you end up with Brett? :D

:shock: Golly, you ladies are a bunch of Slave drivers, aren't ya :wink: ?

:lol::lol:

I am not really sure how many there will be, It is going to come down to room. Somewhere between like 13-20. I should have a better idea in a day or two, once I start on the other section and the upstairs area there. I hope the outside of this building ends up looking okay. I am going to be really proud of the insides of all the stores, but for now, I am worried about how the outside is going to turn out. It is just so big :? .
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Whiteraven40Whiteraven40 Posts: 129 Member
    edited September 2013
    Meg1626 wrote:
    Thanks again hun, glad you like it. BTW, anybody else who's downloaded GP have any problem using the bed in the master?

Hi Meg not sure if anyone else has come back to you yet, I moved a couple of sims into the GP and the bed downstairs with the green cover I cant use, it comes up with a description rather than an interaction options, the rest of the beds work OK though.

Hope this helps :)
  • Options
    ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    edited September 2013
    Time to announce the arrival of the Majix Cove Motor Company!

Once again apologies for creating the Adrian/Brett Confusion which means that this lot doesn't have a definite home in the official Majix Cove.

What I did was rezone 205 Redwood Parkway as the most suitable lot of the right size, at 64x40 it's not the easiest build to place but I hope you can find a home for it in your games. Anyway enough rambling!

You can download it from my Studio at http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7645502

External overview:
    tumblr_inline_msrwmukqAn1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_msrwv8thq51qz4rgp.jpg

Inside the showroom:
    tumblr_inline_msrx4htAXz1qz4rgp.jpg

tumblr_inline_msrxaruPJv1qz4rgp.jpg

The Service Centre (with high ceiling so several objects are 'hidden' :( ):
    tumblr_inline_msrxptmfa41qz4rgp.jpg

First Floor Café:
    tumblr_inline_msrxyfchgc1qz4rgp.jpg

Kiddies soft-play area:
    tumblr_inline_msry5k8QFe1qz4rgp.jpg

The office:
    tumblr_inline_msry8oBEcs1qz4rgp.jpg

More photos and the full story at: http://ajax-tum.tumblr.com/post/60580966277/the-majix-cove-motor-company

Special Builders Note:
    I have marked the lot as a Hangout so that Sims may autonomously visit the café which includes a barista bar and food register.

More importantly, to get the usually 'residence only' cars on the lot I used Buzzler's Build/Buy Restriction Choker mod. I have tested in game and, as far as I can tell, you do not need this mod to see and use the lot as it is. However, if you wish to edit the lot at all you will need the mod in order to keep all the non-decor cars in place.

• Options
    Me1620Me1620 Posts: 5,008 Member
    edited September 2013
    Adrian, MC2 is downloading right now. Once again I enjoyed reading your blog. I thought the dealership I used to take my van to was nice. It can't compare to MC2. I don't own the playpen, so I am curious to see what item will be substituted for it. Looks like a great workplace too.

I will not attempt to build on a huge lot for my next build. It would take me 6 months to finish a project similar to the boardwalk, shopping center, car dealership, military base, book store, national park, etc.

So, my little work in progress is a house to fit on a 25 x 30 lot. (I decided not to take a break and play the game).

@Meg and Jen: I am almost finished the spreadsheet to help keep things organized but the first few posts and the additions you made are very organized.

a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Thank you Jodi :D

Sometimes the game does make some bizarre substitutions it'll be interesting to hear what you get ...

I take a long time building anyway, I'm still working on my next little pub, I'm a bit scared of having too much space to fill. I thought this would be a quick and simple build, very plain not much decoration to worry about, no landscaping ...

But then; I'm never quite satisfied with the decor items, and the lights are seldom exactly right, and deciding on wall coverings takes me for ever! :roll:

As it turned out the Adrian/Brett Confusion was something of a blessing since I had some slight routing problems on the narrower lot and moving to a larger one gave me that extra space to sort that out. Though, annoyingly, my test Sims would only use the lift for woohoo! The always choose the stairs when I told them to use the lift to go up or down! :?
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    ajaxpost wrote:
    But then; I'm never quite satisfied with the decor items, and the lights are seldom exactly right, and deciding on wall coverings takes me for ever! :roll:

That is my problem. I am working on a 25 x 30 lot. I am in the decorating stage now. When I build for myself, I can decorate and change things as I play. Having to have the lot "perfect" for the Exchange adds a lot of time.

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • Options
    8NiSci88NiSci8 Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited September 2013
    Meg: I finally had time to test Majix Cove. Installing the layers allowed me to load the world. However, there were too many lots for me to download (I would have had to download over 200 files individually :shock: ). EIG did work without the lots. In place of the lots, the ground was sunken down to below ocean level, but as soon as I went into edit town mode, the ground returned to its natural height. I was able to save an exit. I tested adding a lot in CAW and it still let me into EIG afterwards. I placed a lot from my bin and there were no problems.

I think the next step for you would be to back up Majix Cove than remove the Lots folder and see if you can run Majix Cove in EIG with no lots. If it works, it'll mean you'd have to replace all of your lots in CAW and EIG, but at least you wouldn't have to re-sculpt everything and replace all of your objects. Just a warning, it took a little while for the world to load in CAW and EIG the first time without lots.

Good luck and let me know what happens.

(I also have the CAW and game patch from right before the current update released in the past few days).
  • Options
    bouquetcatcherbouquetcatcher Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited September 2013
    Brett: The shopping center is looking AWESOME!!! I love lots of little shops in a build (which I'm sure you all already knew :mrgreen: ). I am so excited to see the final product!

Jodi: Thanks for the upcoming spreadsheet! Thank you for the compliment on organization, I hope our posts are helpful, but you are the MASTER and I'm so happy you're doing a spreadsheet for us. You asked way back at the start if you could help and I wanted to suggest a spreadsheet then but it was a bit early, but now there is definite use for one!! And also I'm excited about your little house, I'm so glad you didn't take a "break" :lol: .

Adrian: Yay for the car lot! So cool!!! What great detail. Totally makes me wish we could really buy cars from the lot. It will be ages before I play Sims 4 but I hope they have a mix of buy from build/buy mode and buy from a lot. I miss that! But I want the convenience of build/buy too, I just want lot shopping for "role playing" lol.
    16975504789_dfde933ce1_o.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I am posting photos I took in my game of Grecian Paradise and Majix Cove Motor Company to show how my game substitutes items which I don't own that are included in the lots.

I do not own the cabinets and kitchen stools from Frontier Finds which were used in Grecian Paradise kitchen. Here are the substitutions.

This is Meg's original
    Screenshot-221_zps621dba5a.jpg

Here is a shot from my game
    HjJJfaK.jpg

In Majix Cove Motor Company, I do not own the Head Start Playpen from Aurora Skies. It was substituted with a toybox.

Here is Adrian's original
    ajaxpost wrote:
    Kiddies soft-play area:
    tumblr_inline_msry5k8QFe1qz4rgp.jpg

This is the shot taken in my game
    KJUCQle.jpg
    Post edited by Me1620 on

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Brett: The shopping center is looking AWESOME!!!

It will be ages before I play Sims 4 but I hope they have a mix of buy from build/buy mode and buy from a lot. I miss that! But I want the convenience of build/buy too, I just want lot shopping for "role playing" lol.
    That would so good! Being able to create a real shopping experience for Sims and complete flexibility in lot design their Masters, oh yes! :thumbup:

And thank you for your kind comments on the dealership lot :D
    Me1620 wrote:
    I am posting photos I took in my game of Grecian Paradise and Majix Cove Motor Company to show how my game substitutes items which I don't own that are included in the lots.
    Thank you for letting us know. The game has actually made quite good choices in both cases. Lots more toys for the kiddies to play with at MC2 :lol:

• Options
    edited September 2013
    @Meg: While working on the spreadsheet, I noticed the following lots are included in the "Lot List by Community Lot Type" but have not been assigned a lot in the two posts before it.

Jungle Splash by Wallin

Majix Cove Motor Company by ajaxpost

This lot by simjenn is for Trailer Rd E. 1 (20x35) -
    1. East Trailer Road

• Options
    edited September 2013
    I think she did not place Jungle Splash because his (Wallin) Rose Water is almost identical, but without IP content - which she did not own at the time. I listed both pools in my post, in my game I placed Jungle Splash. You could probably list both in your spreadsheet. And I'm guessing MC2 is just too new :D.
  • Options
    8NiSci88NiSci8 Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited September 2013
    I'm not sure if it's been noted, but I'm currently building a church/wedding lot on 11 Maywood Lane (BB) and potentially a small park/graveyard/something on 18 Sims Lane (EE).
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Hi Jen - Here is a lot Meg assigned to an address but I do not see on your post, post #5

6 Pinochle Point by simjenn placed at 170 Sierra Tango

I only noticed this item and the ones I posted for Meg because I am preparing the spreadsheet. Both you and Meg have taken on a huge task to coordinate this world. Your first page of this thread has a wealth of information and is very well organized. The spreadsheet is totally based on this information.

Here is the link to the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtpEl0wI2y17dFhIcmRsQWI3T0h4enY0QzRaTXBsR3c#gid=3

I am still working on the spreadsheet. I am in the process of merging the name of lot and hyperlink fields. I also want to assign the sublot type to some of the EA Lots

Please feel free to provide feedback.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    *ignore this post, I cannot make make my brain and fingers do the same thing*

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    ARG! Apparently my brain is fuzzed today. I just quoted my post instead of editing it to add Simjenn's lot I missed. LOL! Anyway, whoopsie on missing it- I have that lot in my game, too! Thanks Jodi!

When I did my 3rd post I basically copied Meg's list and formatted it to list them by lot type, and now I just add new lots as they come. So if Meg adds more to the "by placement" post I could miss them- :oops: this is why the spreadsheet will be so helpful! You can help us fill in what the other has missed.

edit: and then instead of editing the above post to type this info, I quoted it yet again and fixed it within the quote... I'm not really spamming to up my post count, really! :shock: :oops: :lol:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    8NiSci8 wrote:
    Meg: I finally had time to test Majix Cove. Installing the layers allowed me to load the world. However, there were too many lots for me to download (I would have had to download over 200 files individually :shock: ). EIG did work without the lots. In place of the lots, the ground was sunken down to below ocean level, but as soon as I went into edit town mode, the ground returned to its natural height. I was able to save an exit. I tested adding a lot in CAW and it still let me into EIG afterwards. I placed a lot from my bin and there were no problems.

I think the next step for you would be to back up Majix Cove than remove the Lots folder and see if you can run Majix Cove in EIG with no lots. If it works, it'll mean you'd have to replace all of your lots in CAW and EIG, but at least you wouldn't have to re-sculpt everything and replace all of your objects. Just a warning, it took a little while for the world to load in CAW and EIG the first time without lots.

Good luck and let me know what happens.

(I also have the CAW and game patch from right before the current update released in the past few days).

Hey Nick, thanks so much for all your help with this. I will remove the lots folder and see if that works. I have a couple days off starting on Wed. SO I'll try it then.

Though at this point redoing a new world sounds like a better plan. Lol. I do hope it works if I remove all the lots, though that won't exactly tell me why it wouldn't load in EIG mode. :?

Hopefully we can figure it out. Or, if nothing else, maybe we can build a new, better world together! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I can relate to fuzzed and overworked brain. I am trying to stay away from my computer to do some chores but I keep taking breaks. Actually, the breaks are lasting longer than the time spent on chores.

It is so understandable that some items are missing from each list. This is a huge job. Please don't be embarrassed. You both have had to go through hundreds of pages in the main DD thread to find all this information. You both have not even come close to reaching your quota of missed items.

Please let me know how I can improve the spreadsheet.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Wow, that was awkward. I pulled a Jen apparently but quoting my post instead of editing hehe :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Me1620 wrote:
    @Meg: While working on the spreadsheet, I noticed the following lots are included in the "Lot List by Community Lot Type" but have not been assigned a lot in the two posts before it.

Jungle Splash by Wallin

Majix Cove Motor Company by ajaxpost

This lot by simjenn is for Trailer Rd E. 1 (20x35) -
    1. East Trailer Road

Updated! Added, moved, and fixed things! Realized I forgot to take a picture of the area with the military base and science lab so I'll have to do that soon. Sorry it takes me a bit to update things, I've been working and then dealing with a lovely eye infection. But all is good now until you awesome people put up some more fabulous lots!

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Meg1626 wrote:
    Wow, that was awkward. I pulled a Jen apparently but quoting my post instead of editing hehe :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I was wondering why you posted the entire list.

Here is a new list: DDSBA Nouns
    - A Jen - oops quoting your own post instead of selecting the edit button
    - An Adrian/Brett Confusion - two simmers designing on same lot

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top