Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise Bug Thread

Comments

• Options
    okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited June 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @applefeather2, CaruTempestarii: I thought about a thread with tips and tricks about building the stilted houses and also discussing issues. Maybe someone feels like making one ?

I know Joolster made a quick guide over in the Creative Corner: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/686919.page
  • Options
    Juliana01Juliana01 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited June 2013
    crinrict wrote:

@Juliana01: Those pesky mods. There's always one somewhere ;)

I would try a factory reset and if that doesn't help, post in tech.

The long loading times might have something to do with the tmp files in DCCache. Still investigating this one. Try deleting the tmp files and bypass the launcher to start the game to see if it gets faster. Starting the launcher will recreate those. I opened a thread on the issue here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/687927.page

Deleting the tmp files didn't help the loading times, oh well. This is actually something I can live with as long as everything else works without bugs.

As for the factory reset I already did that and the chrashing in CAS didn't go away. Also, it doesn't crash every time I use CAS. Only every other time so that it's really unpredictable. :cry:
  • Options
    MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    edited June 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @MeestorMark: Sounds like the spiral stair case issue that was there before. Did you try rotating the stair to see if any direction works ? I'll add to see if someone can test in their game too.

The stack of stairs where I noticed the issue was on a lot with the stairs in perfect working order before the patch. There is nothing around the stairs on any level for at least two squares away from the entry to the stairs on all four sides. I replaced them in all four rotations, and had the same problem with all four directions. Yes, the spiral stairs have always been finicky and have to be lined up perfectly to work, but this is new, and only seems to affect this one model of spiral stairs. The other two styles work perfectly in all four rotations.
  • Options
    heaven1heaven1 Posts: 177 Member
    edited June 2013
    its doing that with my game as well

its regarding the hewnmans(sp) spiral staircase.

replaced it with one of the other spiral staircases.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    rosahegerosahege Posts: 33 Member
    edited June 2013
    Tents that have been used to sleep in can't be put back in the inventory

I just wanna add a comment to this issue.

In my game similar issue happened after University Life (in the Uni-world). My sim was playing guitar at another lot (doorm), and he left his guitar on the floor, and I was not able to put it back into his invetory. (It was the guitar from the 70s, 80s and 90s Stuff Pack)

---

I see there's also a repport about the Taking couple pics with smartphones makes the sims just standing there after the picture is taken (the interaction takes a very long time). This issue has been in my game since University Life.

---

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ? No

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do) I've been using the pose player mod. This was removed.

5. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ? Patch 1.50 and University Life for this repport.

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ? Existing

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ? Existing

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ? EA.

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ? Win 7

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD
  • Options
    SG98SG98 Posts: 821 Member
    edited June 2013
    My launcher is not working since installing the patch. Even the manual way of getting into the game (via programme files) is not working :(
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    edited June 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @applefeather2, CaruTempestarii: I thought about a thread with tips and tricks about building the stilted houses and also discussing issues. Maybe someone feels like making one ?
    Your wish is my command. :) Done. Link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/688254.page
  • Options
    Adventure4U1Adventure4U1 Posts: 239 Member
    edited June 2013
    Has the leaf glitch been fixed yet? It's probably causing some crashes. It's also visually annoying, ruining the game.
    Life is an Adventure
    Not a movie
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hiya all,

Just to advise that the brambles in the Shrubs section of build mode can no longer be placed. They are the first item in that section, which cost $5. I also tried placing them with MOO, to no avail.

My details are as per my first post in this thread.
  • Options
    midge719midge719 Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2013
    Well apart from the obvious problems I had earlier etc, ive found a new bug, when you make collections you can click on the first item and nothing happens, leave the folder and go back and it works, build or buy mode still alot of lag, is there any news on another patch or are EA just going to release the EP and not care?
  • Options
    okido1987okido1987 Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited June 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    Your wish is my command. :) Done. Link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/688254.page

My previous post :D might help you
    okido1987 wrote:
    crinrict wrote:

I know Joolster made a quick guide over in the Creative Corner: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/686919.page
  • Options
    beldaranabeldarana Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I have updated my game last night and have two issues .

1st - My sim's mobile keep ringing. I can't answer, i can't ignore. Even if I receive a call, it is still ringing when sim is talking on the phone

2nd - My sims can't visit lots such as bookstore or city hall. I sent it to bookstore to buy some books, but after i click, command disappears.

Please advise ! thanks
  • Options
    Jazmyne4u2Jazmyne4u2 Posts: 158 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hey, I was reading through all the bugs and issues people were having with their games and the one that says "Moving Loses Relationships" I believe that's supposed to happen.

Before you move to a different town, it warns you that once you move, all relationships from old town wont exist. Then it asks whether or not you still want to move towns.

So I don't think that could be a bug if that's what EA meant to do. I mean, at least they give a warning ahead of time lol.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2013
    @daisylee910: Did you put the mods back before you tried it the potion? It could be mod related so I will need to ask you to take them out and try on vanilla. Updated does not mean free of errors.

Question goes to both your issue

@Msrednotdead: Thanks hun

@GabbyGirlJ: I'll add your report

@Tanglepaw: Can you decline or accept the question or does it hang before that ? Have you tried the factory reset and just adding back that game ? Really not sure what else you could do to save that savegame.

@okido1987, applefeather2: Thanks. I'll add those links to the first page.

@Juliana01: For the crashing, please post in the technical forum

@MeestorMark: Thanks. I've added

@heaven1: Not sure what you're taking about but if it's crashing or lagging, please post in the technical forum

@rosahege: Thanks. I'll add the info

@sarahgordon: Please post in the technical forum. You can try the factory reset on the first page though

@Adventure4U1: Don't think so. Last the gurus said was that it was due to mods (yeah, I wish, it's not)

@elanorbreton: I'll add

@midge719: No, there isn't. I don't think we'll get another patch until the move sp comes out

@beldarana

1. Existing issue: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/03/smartphone-wont-stop-ringing.html
    2. Been reported. See here: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/06/unroutable-rabbitholes.html

@Jazmyne4u2: The report was that they lost relationships with their family (that moved with them) as far as I remember but I will need to check up on it tomorrow. Thanks for the report though.

=================

Calling it a night. Updating will be done in the morning.

I really need you guys to read the first page and answer the questions. Post in tech if you have loading issues, crashes or launcher issues.

Thanks!

Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    WingedPaladinWingedPaladin Posts: 402
    edited June 2013
    This guitar glitch is still in game: http://youtu.be/4AZlpG-BP3M
  • Options
    daisylee910daisylee910 Posts: 73 Member
    edited June 2013
    Update: I pulled all my mods out of the game and my sim just aged from 102 to 103 even having used an age freeze potion. She ate about 16 life fruit a day or so before, and her age bar shows she is ready to go at any moment.

I also have the issue where friends cannot take pics with the phone.

• Options
    Nirar22Nirar22 Posts: 172 Member
    edited June 2013
    Jazmyne4u2 wrote:
    Hey, I was reading through all the bugs and issues people were having with their games and the one that says "Moving Loses Relationships" I believe that's supposed to happen.

Before you move to a different town, it warns you that once you move, all relationships from old town wont exist. Then it asks whether or not you still want to move towns.

So I don't think that could be a bug if that's what EA meant to do. I mean, at least they give a warning ahead of time lol.

What Crin said. :) I moved Agnes in with her sister Cornelia in Sunset Valley before using the new Move to a New Town interaction, and when they arrived in the new town (Dragon Valley), they were no longer sisters. Super easy fix if you use MC, but if I was against using mods, I would not be happy, lol
    The Stone Kings--my Random Royal Kingdom Challenge

Full of Beans--a Perfect Genetics, Midnight Sun, ISBI rolled into one challenge
  • Options
    ddsims3worldddsims3world Posts: 4,519 Member
    edited June 2013
    I am curious if this patch did any fix w/ the socialjigtwoperson bug from supernatural EP?
  • Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited June 2013
    I've installed the patch. Playing pre-patch save, and my Sims can literally not stop peeing. Like, they will try to use the toilet multiple times, but their Bladder bar won't fill up. I tried to have a wedding, and everyone peed everywhere. It was insane.

I'm also experiencing serious lag since installing the patch. Running a MacBook Air.
    Same problem. I thought I was insane.

My Sim was at Uni when I patched and everyone in the dorm kept peeing endlessly. I was able to fix it by resetting them one by one. MC is back, so that should be easier now.

And thanks to the team who put so much effort into this thread.

The team:

- Bronwin2
    - Captobvs
    - ceejay402
    - crinrict
    - DarkAmaranth1966
    - DawnLBrown
    - Karritz

You're all wonderful.
  • Options
    LadypeanutsLadypeanuts Posts: 53
    edited June 2013
    I'm not sure if this is patch related, but I built a house on a pond with the stilted foundation, and when I set a sim to fish, they'll fish from anywhere on the first floor, within the house. All walls are complete too, so there's no way they're fishing through a gap.

http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy139/ElyseMakenna/fishing1_zpsdc85b235.jpg
    http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy139/ElyseMakenna/fishing2_zpsf6d8b176.jpg
    http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy139/ElyseMakenna/fishing3_zpsa7bb4515.jpg
    http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy139/ElyseMakenna/fishing4_zpsdb338e64.jpg

EDIT:
    Yes, I was using mods, but after I removed all mods and CC it was still happening
    I only have the patch at the moment, the game hasn't yet arrived in the mail. I can check again when it does if necessary.
    Patch Version is 1.55.4.022001
    The game was a new start, in Starlight Shores, but I tried again, with Moonlight Falls, a new game, and it also happened.
    The sims in Starlight Shores were custom made in town in CAS, the family I used for the test in Moonlight Falls was premade with the game.
    I play on Window 7 with the disk for all games I own, with some Sims 3 store content.
  • Options
    JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited June 2013
    BlueShreve wrote:
    Hi, I upgraded to patch 1.55. My sim bought an additional home lot, when I place an outdoor grill on the lot it is not usable. I tried placing different grills on the pier and on the ground, still nothing worked. When I scroll my mouse over the grill it says no interactions available. Grills work fine on original home lot and on community lots. As for the specifics. I use windows 8. I use Twallan's MC, SP, OW. all of them are updated to patch 1.55, the problem is the same with and without the mods installed. I have no other mods. I tried this in Sunlit Tides and Moonlight falls, both games were saved games, even created a new game in Sunset valley. Still the same thing.

Is this a glitch or regular game play?

ALSO.......

i had a family...bought second home with grill....after about 2 sim weeks...sold home...had an adult from said family move into lot...the grill still wouldnt work...

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2013
    This is just a reply to the simmer with the game minimizing problem - that is caused usually by an antivirus scanner - when ever it going into automatic check scan it will minimize your game in particular Nortons and Symantec does that. I have seen that same issue in Sims games since Sims 2 - the Norton vault of anti viruses have never played nicely with any sims game and it is a beast to get rid of the corporate addition scanner if that is the one they have. Even shutting it off does not really shut it off. My hubby is a PC tech and deals with that one issue on lots of pcs - most of the time to get it all out as that scanner controls lock into the windows core so it is hard to remove - my hubby just does a total reformat of the harddrives and reinstall windows - then tells the the owner they need a new antivirus and to stay away from Norton products. They do not play nice for gamers.

There is a slight chance it is of another company but Nortons and Symantec are the only ones I know of that cannot be shut off and that do not involve the core of the operating system. But either you have to keep putting up with that as it will keep doing it or fix it if it is not Nortons or Symantec - if it is those two - then might want to get the aid of a pro to remove unless you are familiar with a reformat and reinstall of Windows and a different, less intrusive antivirus.

ETA - It is my new understanding that the non - professional versions of these two antiviruses can be uninstalled through normal means - apparently just the corporate additions which is what my husband mostly deals with is rooms full of pc in corporate offices - and why a reformat was necessary. Also from checking with Tom's Hardware and a number of other tech type site - I also here even some free ware and other named anti viruses has a scanner that is just as obtrusive, but according to those site you go into the setting for the anti virus and can change when that scanner runs.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited June 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    Can anyone check these

Going through my blog bug list, it would be great if we could get some info on the following bugs.

Has it been solved ? Still there ?

- Aging Rest on stylist and tattoo chair as well as dresser for kids

This one is still there...

I just started a brand new AS save and thats the first thing i did...
    used an EA sim from intown...and sure enough her age was reset to the start of YAhood...

i have no mods but a slu of store content...win 8...
  • Options
    WingedPaladinWingedPaladin Posts: 402
    edited June 2013
    When I tried to put a ladder into the family inventory, my game crashed.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2013
    @WingedPaladin: I'll add to existing :)

@daisylee910: Thanks. I'll add

@Nirar22: Thanks for clearing up. Saves me reading up on it :)

@ddsims3world: Probably not, but I can't be sure

@dizzydee: Thanks. Team is still busy in tech and this is manageable atm but they'll chip in once it has down in tech and they have more times on their hands.

@Ladypeanuts: I'll add but could you edit your post with your answers to the questions in the second post.

@Jenieusa: I'll add you to the issue and thanks for checking on the aging issue.

@Writin_Reg: Thanks Reg. Hope you're doing good :)

@WingedPaladin: Is it reproducible ? Could you please answer the questions in the second post.

blueRuler.jpg

I'll compile after my rounds at the AnswerHQ.

Could you all PLEASE start answering the questions in the second post. It's getting a but tiresome. Thanks.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top