March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise Bug Thread

Comments

• applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    edited June 2013
    Feast party bug. All the guests came to the party with empty hands, but they all had their hands holding what should have been a plate, just no plate and no food. I never had this problem before the newest patch.
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    edited June 2013
    Just a quick FYI, Awesome Mod is being updated as we speak and I do not have an ETA on when it will be available. Do not use it until it has been fixed. Twalian (NRAAS) is in the process of updating their mods so you need to check which ones have been updated.

Just thought I'd give a quick update if no one else had.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Rygel_nRygel_n Posts: 7
    edited June 2013
    Help!

After installing the patch, my Sims can't go anywhere out of their home. If I send them anywhere, they just stand there until the que is dropped!

I tried this on two different families, in two different worlds, and a new one.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2013
    Please all, answer the questions in the second post.

@Tremayne4260: Thanks. I am checking Twallan and since we can't really talk about the other mod here, I'm not going to post anything about it here :)
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• userkitty1969userkitty1969 Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited June 2013
    Since installing the patch I am having a hard time getting the launcher to start up at all. I have no mods or custom content, only store items.
  • seazooseazoo Posts: 2
    edited June 2013
    Hello,

Since patch version 1.55, my Sims cannot enter the bookstore anymore.

If I click on the book store and then select the action "go buy a book", my Sim will not move for about 20s; then the action will get canceled automatically.

I am playing the Japanese version of the game, the name of the action is "本を買いに行く"

This is happening on old saves and saves created after the patch. I tried resetting the user data by deleting the "Electronic Arts" folder and letting the game recreate one, to no avail.

Is there anything I can do to help solve this issue quickly?

Thank you.
  • DamianEagleDamianEagle Posts: 3
    edited June 2013
    I'm playing with the English version, but having the same problem with the bookstore since the patch. :(
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks Crinrit for reporting. You guys are awesome!

I'll test the rabbit holes again after IP comes out and see if the EP fixes the routing issue or not and let you know what I find :wink:
    edited June 2013
    @Jenngnome: I still have those sets. Are you sure your sets are still properly installed ? See, you need to have the Set object installed in order for them to show up. So try reinstalling one of the sets and see if it then shows up. Don't bother about the message that it's already installed.

@applefeather2: Please answer the questions in the second post

@Rygel_n: Please answer the questions in the second post

@userkitty1969: Try factory reset described on the first post or post in the tech forum

@seazoo, DamianEagle: Which world are you playing ? Someone reported that you can't use the rabbitholes anymore if they are too close to the edge of the lot. Try moving the bookstore back a bit and see if it works then.

Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• LemonlynessLemonlyness Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2013
    Another simmer and I have found that after placing a tent anywhere (community lot, tomb, residential, etc) and making our sim sleep in it, we cannot put the tent back in the sim's personal inventory. The action cancels as the sim goes up to it. For me, this only happens after the sim sleeps in it.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    Not at the moment.

3. If you're not using mods, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    I took them out like I was supposed to.

5. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ?
    Just the patch

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?
    [/b]1.55

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    New Game

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    It was a Sim I saved to the bin before updating to patch 1.55

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    Twinbrook

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Windows 7

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    DVD

12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
    Twindbrook, Al Simhara and Shang Sim La. I'm assuming this issue is the same for Champs Les Sims
  • prettyminotaurprettyminotaur Posts: 262 New Member
    edited June 2013
    My game seems to be running more smoothly since I reset all Sims, and I was able to get my Sim couple married last night without everyone's bladder exploding all over the wedding arch, so that's a plus! :lol:

I'm going to save my fam to the library and start up a fresh game with them, see if that deals with the lag I still have. My computer is a MacBook Air laptop, really not ideal for running this game, but it's what I've got. I keep graphics on the very lowest settings, disable weather, disable online mode, and I'm able to keep going, more or less, though the load screens are interminable sometimes. I have had an easier time of it since I bought a USB fan last month. :P

I had to uninstall Supernatural to make space/speed for UL, and I'll probably be dropping Showtime to take on IP. It's lame not being able to use all the packs at once, but I know that 9 times out of 10, it's my computer, not the game. Still, it is frustrating when I've finally got everything working well, then EA releases a patch, and it's ruined again. I hope they'll release a second patch to clear up the issues in this one, or at least give us some official instructions on what cheats/debugs to use.
  • Simgurl20Simgurl20 Posts: 162 Member
    edited June 2013
    My sims can't buy food from the festival stand, they will go up to it, talk to the person working there and then the interaction cancels out, they can however redeen festival tickets. Also, they can't buy drinks from the professional bar, there is no one at the bar, the mixologist is in the room but not at the bar, I can click on the bar and tell my sim to buy a drink, they will go up to the bar and then reset. Was not having these issues before patching.
    edited June 2013
    crinrict wrote:

@applefeather2: Please answer the questions in the second post
    Thank you for your time, crinrict.
    Answers to Second post questions:
    1.Small amount of cc: a couple of hairs, plant set, armiel build, walls from MTS, baufive Ktchen stuff, Lemmy Beard, Simsample's Food Truck+parking lot and Picnic Basket.
    2.Mods: 2 Nraas Mods for patch 1.55: Master Controller & Traveler.
    3. using those 2 mods only.
    4. Mods updated as in question 2.
    5. I just have the patch, not IP.
    6. Patch 1.55
    7. New game.
    8. Sims from sim bin which I made before the patch.
    9. I'm playing in Hidden Valley
    10. My OS is Win 7
    11. DVD version of Seasons
    12. I do not have Uni, and I'm reporting for a homeworld, Hidden Valley.

My problem is that the Feast Party doesn't have the guests bring food, just hands holding what should be plates, but there's nothing they are holding.
  • JenngnomeJenngnome Posts: 668 Member
    edited June 2013
    @Crin Wellllll don't I feel sheepish xD

I had done a full removal and a Redownload of all my items.... Howeever, I used the Download Dashboard (as the site was acting funky, and it was easier to navigate those pages vs the full purchase history.......)

So, I followed your suggestion of "Try to redownload those sets / ignore already download message"

And Yup. Theeeeeeere are my 'cheat sheets' that I was missing XD

Thank you for your Time Crin XD Going to Edit my original post to add that to my little stupid problem / Fix area XD
  • RicalynnRicalynn Posts: 68 Member
    edited June 2013
    Applefeather2's problem of empty hands was something that happened prior to the patch. I had it happen quite a few times. The last couple of times were in Dragon Valley. Don't know if that's a factor or not.

I have two reports of Lunar Lakes Grocery Store freaking out.

Another update on the slow skilling: Using Overwatched fixed the issue without problem. Vampire toddlers no longer seem to learn things at excellerated speeds.

Using a motive mobile to go to the library helps me recreate the issue but if I just potty train her at home without going anywhere first the slow skill issue doesn't appear at that time and she can train like normal.

Other members reported being at home and at library taking forever. will get them to make a report here or give me the info you ask for.
  • LordDarthSimsLordDarthSims Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited June 2013
    At least My game does not make wait to Pause on each Save Game, it stays Paused when I load; on pause before Saving - Which is very much a Perfect Good Thing.
    edited June 2013
    Haven't updated yet, sorry.

There's a few issues I'm looking into to find out what's going on. So far, I think the issues are minor.

Did anyone check up on the harvest issue ? Is it still happening ? What about the opportunities in multi rabbitholes ?

@Lemonlyness: I'll add

@prettyminotaur: Glad the bladder issue is solved :)

@Simgurl20: Please answer the questions in the second post

@applefeather2: Remove all mods/cc and try on a vanilla game. Just because Twallan's mods are updated it does mean that they are free of errors. I need issues to be tested on vanilla games or EA will just say it's mods and not look into it.

That said, I do remember seeing that before. I need to check the Seasons bug thread if that is an existing issue :)

@Jenngnome: Every issue fixed is a good issue. If it was user fault, computer fault or EA fault :)

@Ricalynn: Thanks. I can't think of any info but every info is good info.

@LordDarthSims: ??? Are you just saying that the bug fix mentioned worked ?

Be updating in the morning. Time to go to bed.
    AHQ Tutorial

• GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited June 2013
    Since the patch, my sims have been unable to purchase drinks or food from the Late Night professional bars. I have two professional bars placed in the neighborhood that I was testing. One is at a Local Watering Hole and one is placed in a UL Java Lounge. In both cases if they tried to buy anything they "jumped" out of the action. Any NPCs who tried to use the bar jumped as well. The mixologists were wandering about rather than tending the bar.

Also, on a side note, I'm experiencing the dark/black sensor patch as well. I mainly wanted to report the issue with the bars, though. Thanks for your time.

UPDATE: Deleting the bars and then replacing them seems to have fixed this issue for me.

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    No

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    N/A

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    I've never used them.

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    N/A

5. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ?
    Just the patch.

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    Exisiting

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    Exisiting

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    EA - Dragon Valley

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Mac

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    DVD

12. Are you reporting for the Uni-World, Home-World or WA-World ?
    Home World
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • RicalynnRicalynn Posts: 68 Member
    edited June 2013
    The rabbit hole issue seems to be happening to any rabbit hole that the edge of the building is within 3 spaces of the sidewalk. Even if the door is half a space back, the edge of the building is what counts.

This effects almost all of Lunar Lakes' rabbit holes, Monte Vista bookstore combo and the Twinbrook bookstore. I'm going to check other towns and get a list together so we can give it to EA.

Combined rabbit holes are still having issues. I played the MacDuffs in Moonlight Falls and none of the kids could finish their after school activities.

I do occasionally get an opp and can finish it but it's 1 in 3 and has to be completed before I shut down the game or it doesn't turn in the next time. More testing should probably be handled but otherwise.. yes still broken.
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited June 2013
    i have a glitch that just happened in my game. my sim was fishing off a pier when you see the zombie walking on water and its deep water at that. i even took a picture of it.

http://lvlt.thesims3.com/sims3_asset/sims3_asset/media/shard000//shard000/432/385/015/00/screenshot_original.jpg
  • midge719midge719 Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2013
    Tried twallans mod crinct nothing happened at all, so I have deleted all my cc 9gbs worth, all my packages files which I had uninstalled the whole entire game yet again, installed the game for the 9th time with nothing same issue no interactions on the water, clicked the whole folder dragged to desktop, generated a new one started the game the mouse works now, so deleted the old folder, god knows what the issue is considering no cc or anything, well I will have to start from scratch with cc, see what happens when IP comes out, any issues with that and im ending the game completly im annoyed with EA.

Any news on the tmp files and why it takes the launcher so long to load up.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited June 2013

I ran into a weird bug where you could not place the pool blueprints over leaves that were not raked. I got a message stating you cannot place pools near puddles

Anyway, I had my sims rake the leaves and everything worked out fine.

Also I am having problems buying drinks from the bar. I was thinking it is a problem my mod buy all drinks at all bars but I am seeing other people with the same issue.

edited June 2013
    crinrict wrote:

@applefeather2: Remove all mods/cc and try on a vanilla game. Just because Twallan's mods are updated it does mean that they are free of errors. I need issues to be tested on vanilla games or EA will just say it's mods and not look into it.

That said, I do remember seeing that before. I need to check the Seasons bug thread if that is an existing issue :)
    Given what you and Ricalynn said, I thought I'd try another Feast party before removing the mods. This time it worked just fine, so it's not a patch problem, at least not THIS patch.
  • tmoore1989tmoore1989 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2013
    crinrict wrote:
    @midge719: Since you're not opposed to mods, I would recommend the following: Put in Twallan's Selector Mod and use one of the interactions to see if it throws a script error. If you do, post it at twallans and see if he has a tip for you.

@winstonsmith: Rest the Sim with resetsim firstname lastname and/or move him out and back in (if possible). If that doesn't help, please answer the questions in the second post

@tmoore1989: Did you try the factory reset ?

@asdfthesims: Thanks. That is fine.

@Jenngnome: I will need to check that out. Getting back to you later

@Mstybl95:

1) Go to documents\electronicarts\thesims3 and find a file called options.ini or just options. Move that to the desktop and restart your game (make sure launcher and game are closed while you are moving the file). You will need to re-set the options. Then restart the game and see if it does the same.
    2) Check if it's in the list twice. A lot of time if it's not recognized as bought properly, it'll be in the list to buy but also in the list to play (without the coin icon). You can also turn off the ingame Store for the buy option one to disappear entirely.

@Ricalynn: Just link the post with your data new posts. That would be great. It was too much work listing everyones data on the first page last time. It's only necessary if it's a new issue though. So in this case, no not necessary. I'll add the extra info.

I would recommend Overwatch to get them unbugged. Afterwards I would assume it should work fine.

@VanillaCupcakess: Is it different from the pics elanorbreton posted ? I think everyone is affected and I can't think of a solution how to fix it.

@tammyjo329: I'll add

@envira_x: Always glad if issues get fixed on their own. Waste as much space as you want :P

Hi
    yes I tried this this morning still no luck, does anyone know if EA is working on this? like do they know that people are having tons of probs with this new patch or do they think everything is ok? I just wanted to know to see if they can fix or is working on a fix bc as of right now I cant do anything lol at least for some of you you can play your game, my town wont load all I can get to is the 99% on the loading town bar then it just stays there I cant even properly exit no exit button bc im not even on that screen with the panel yet
  • Sneakyfour20Sneakyfour20 Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Ok did the factory reset, I can play a new game with no issues, but I copied my save back in and the game locked up again...

I really don't wanna start over, so many months will be lost, even my backup copy locks up :( please help

Locks up as in takes mins to click on something, then a few more mins to click an action, then the sim walks at about 1 block ever 3-5 mins to get to it, yet the fire animation and fountain animation still runs smoothly

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top