Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Paradise Bug Thread

Comments

• prettyminotaurprettyminotaur Posts: 262 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Crinrict--

How do I reset all sims in the town? I might try saving my fam to the library and starting up a vanilla game. No mods as it is, I stay away from CC, so everything I've added to the game is store content or EPs or SPs.
  • bored_1bored_1 Posts: 150 Member
    edited June 2013
    this isn't a bug, but a question about a feature mentioned here. I saw that EA added a stuck check, but I only know about it from this thread. Is this something that we do manually, or does it run in the background? if we do it manually, how? I don't see it in options and don't know where else to look. I'll probably find it as soon as I post this, but at the moment I'm stumped. I don't have any issues right now, but would like to know how it works when the time comes that I need it.

I looked through this thread and did forum searches, but don't see that feature mentioned in detail. I apologize if it has been and I overlooked it.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    edited June 2013
    Crinrict--

How do I reset all sims in the town? I might try saving my fam to the library and starting up a vanilla game. No mods as it is, I stay away from CC, so everything I've added to the game is store content or EPs or SPs.

to reset all sims in town open the cheat box and type into it resetsim *

make sure to include the *
  • prettyminotaurprettyminotaur Posts: 262 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks!
  • CaruTempestariiCaruTempestarii Posts: 55 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm patched to 1.55, do not have any nor have I ever had mods, started with a new sim in a fresh save of Sunlit Tides. I haven't experienced any of the issues listed so far. The only issue I have found is that I placed a lot half on land and half in the water and built a pier house. When the newspaper girl came to deliver the paper she must have channeled Jesus because she walked right out in to the middle of the ocean (on top of the water as if it were terrain) and threw the newspaper down. The newspapers are piling up on the ocean floor and I can see them but my sim cannot get to them and I cannot remove them by clicking and dragging or by shift+click 'delete' with testingcheats on.
  • LunellagirlLunellagirl Posts: 28 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Hey guys :-)

1. Are you using any Custom Content or mods ?
    no.

2. If you are using mods, are you using any of the 'big ones' like Awesome Mod or Twallan’s mods
    n/a

3. If you're not using mod, did you never use them or did you take them out for the EP (as you are supposed to do)
    never used them

4. Did you update the mods you put back with a compatible version ?
    n/a

5. Do you have Island Paradise or just the Patch ?
    just the patch

6. Which Patch Level are you at ?

7. Did you start a new game or are you playing an existing ones ?
    playing an existing one

8. Did you transfer an existing Sim over or are they new/Pre-Made ?
    I played an existing legacy family.

9. What town are you currently playing ? EA or Custom ?
    EA-Sunset Valley Sims University

10. What is your Operating System (Mac, XP, Vista, Win 7) ?
    Win 7

11. Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ?
    DVD

Issues/glitches: Many people in the family lost their relationships in their relationship panel, these same sims had messed up family trees where it showed only them in their family tree. It also showed them as deceased sims in their family tree, even though they are living. Also when they were studying or in class their actions would suddenly become canceled and they would stop. I really would like fix these issues, I've played this family for years. I backed up all my files before updating though in case something like this happened. Hope Island Paradise fixes these issues.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited June 2013
    @DaletheSim: The super patch does not care about the version you have installed. It just installs all files new while the incremental one checks on the files you have right now. They need to be match a certain state so you don't install the wrong one. Incremental patches only installs the files which have changed while the super patch installs everything fresh (hence the size).

@michellehilbrand: Thanks for that info

@chutton88: Could you please answer the questions in the second post

@Juliana01: Hm. What's your operating system ?

@prettyminotaur: I see we got that covered :)

@bored_1: Twallan found that. It should run in the background and work similar to what twallan was doing in overwatch all along. I don't know how it works in detail but I guess it checks if you have any stuck Sims somewhere and resets them if you do. This should run nightly. It's definitely not something manual and I guess we need to see how it works out for people that don't want to use Overwatch.

@CaruTempestarii: I'll add

@Lunellagirl: Sounds like the relationship bug that has been in the game all along going haywire. Problem is, I don't think they can or will fix that. Only solution I have for you is to use Overwatch to see if it can repair some of the damage done and MasterController (not updated yet) to do the rest manually. I do not think that any patch can repair already broken relationships but that's just my opinion of course.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• midge719midge719 Posts: 222 Member
    edited June 2013
    Ok so after yesterdays fiasco, last night I uninstalled all the games, cleared all the registry entries and started from scratch, I installed one by one and patched as requested, opened the game made any old sim and tried the mouse problem and guess what it is still there, I can click on the fridge that works or objects etc, but when it comes to the pool no options, the sea, no options, try to make the sim go there, no options. I had no mods installed or any custom content, so it has to be the patch im sorry but what else can it be the game is vanilla for god's sake. The game worked fine before the patch, now it's useless.

I installed all my cc and the same problem. I would also like to know what the heck is happening with the dccache folder what are the tmp files there for
  • bngbedardbngbedard Posts: 528 Member
    edited June 2013
    I'm also getting the blacken blur. It really doesn't bother me that much, though.

My other freezing issue still occurred after adding errortrap but I figured out it was with the heir. When she was at work, my game never froze. I waited until the baby was born (the pregnant sim was the heir's daughter) to see if it was due to a pregnancy and the game still froze, so I killed the heir by death ranting. It still hiccups every now and then, but for only a second...not seconds or minutes. I'm still keeping the Errortrap mod in my game. It found 2 things (before me killing my sim and the freezing still happened), so it's worth keeping, I think.

Thanks for the help and info. Generation 8 has arrived. Two more to go...I'm glad I'll get to see them. :)
  • Goldenguy10Goldenguy10 Posts: 126 New Member
    edited June 2013
    bngbedard wrote:
    I'm also getting the blacken blur. It really doesn't bother me that much, though.

My other freezing issue still occurred after adding errortrap but I figured out it was with the heir. When she was at work, my game never froze. I waited until the baby was born (the pregnant sim was the heir's daughter) to see if it was due to a pregnancy and the game still froze, so I killed the heir by death ranting. It still hiccups every now and then, but for only a second...not seconds or minutes. I'm still keeping the Errortrap mod in my game. It found 2 things (before me killing my sim and the freezing still happened), so it's worth keeping, I think.

Thanks for the help and info. Generation 8 has arrived. Two more to go...I'm glad I'll get to see them. :)

I played for 2 hours straight today, and everything runs great on my iMac. Yet, I do have the black blur problem as well.
    edited June 2013
    @midge719: Looking into DCCache issue tomorrow. Probably has something to do with the problem they fixed. I just tried reinstalling some of my Store content and didn't get any tmp files but I need to try on my game machine which isn't patched yet.

Is it just the bodies of water that has the interactions missing or anything else ?

@bngbedard: Good that it's mostly fixed for you. Overwatch might also help. It's updated now.

@Goldenguy10: Seems common I guess. I shall add.

=== UPDATED THROUGH HERE ===
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

edited June 2013
    basically in a nutshell, say I build a pool and you want you sim to go swimming, I left click on the pool and no options at all like get in etc, the same goes when I left click on the sea, no fishing options etc, also say the sim is in the living room if I click anywhere on the floor both inside and out to make the sim go here nothing, all other things work ok, click on shower-fine, bed-fine, fridge-fine etc etc, it is just the others ive mentioned, I have even clicked and dragged my folder to desktop done a test game and the same thing, so it cannot be cc or mods. the left click button just does not work even on reset, I have 5 mice in total yes I know, they are all the same no options.
    edited June 2013
    Guess I misunderstood your issue earlier. I thought your mouse wasn't working but that's not a mouse issue, it's an issue with certain interactions. Did you try in several worlds with different Sims ? Which folder did you move out ? Did you rename the whole user folder or just remove the mods folder ?
    AHQ Tutorial

edited June 2013
    I moved the entire folder out and let the launcher generate another, worlds ive tried are aurora skies, sunlight tides, lunar lakes,to name a few, no custom worlds just store ones.
  • winstonsmithwinstonsmith Posts: 10 New Member
    edited June 2013
    I have a bug to report. In my University world, when my Sim attempts to sleep in a double bed she lays down and then is shunted out of bed standing in her sleepwear. I've tried three different double beds in two different positions, single beds work normally.
  • tmoore1989tmoore1989 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited June 2013
    Juliana01 wrote:
    My Game wont start at all since I patched the game! :cry:

The Launcher starts fine (just takes a little longer than before), the game starts fine, I can choose an existing game or a new one and it starts to load but then stops at like 99%.

I removed all mods and CC before patching but I have a massive amount of store content installed. I even created a new sims 3 folder to see if that would help.

Any ideas? :?: I'm going nuts without my simmies!

my game is doing this EXACT same crap, it gets to the last percentage of the loading the town and then it doesn't finish , idk what to do either I wish I could uninstall this patch I cant even play my game now last night I was fine
  • asdfthesimsasdfthesims Posts: 295 New Member
    edited June 2013
    crinrict,

I have a picture of the floating platform. I know this is really unconventional but I put it in a story. If you really need a picture, I hope this will do.

http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=454245

Also just to further clarify, the latticed deck foundation does not appear to be floating when holding shift and building above the first floor. The stilted foundation does. In the picture is the latticed foundation behaving properly, connected to the stilted foundation behaving improperly.
  • JenngnomeJenngnome Posts: 668 Member
    edited June 2013
    **Set List: Missing!! Resolved on Page 8**

Issue:

I do -not- own the Sims Store in it's entirely what-so-ever, however, I do own a nice little chunk. As such, and as a builder who relied a lot on this to quick-find things- this is very, very apparent to me.

PRE PATCH:
    If you Downloaded a set in it's entirety, whether it was one of the free sets or the New sets, they'd appear -somewhere- as a 'quick list' in the Build Buy mode ---> Sort by Room. (Example: Nautical Living would appear in the Living room area, Tutor of Tuders in the Dining room area, etc)

Currently
    While there are a few things that still reappear (such as Venue items like Serenity Retreat, or Alfresco Market), mant, MANY of these quick lists have disappeared. (Tutor of Tudors, Nautical Living, Pretty much almost every bedroom, living room, out door set.) I would say out of a possible 35 Sets (not including venues/worlds), 23-27 have gone completely missing.

*Note: The -items- aren't missing, all downloaded content is still available/useable. But when you have a lot of store content, that can be an easy way to find particular items since they aren't always where you'd think they'd be classified, or just because there is a lot of things to sort through

*note 2: I think this may have been what they -tried- to do but failed at: I've noted that the Renniance Faire, Stone's Throw, and Lullabies and Nursey sets were actually moved to the "COLLECTIONS" area.

It seems that may have been their original thought, to convert these sets into collections instead-- but as I've stated, only 3 of my sets were 'successfully converted' The rest of the quick list sets have vanished from existance.

I have not found a fix for this, but I -have- done the following:

*Rename Trick--- Hence Completely New Sims 3 folder, Free of all downloads, Mods, Cache, etc etc

*Redownloaded Eeeeeeeverything

*updated all store content

Despite the hours put in, this does not fix it xD

***Resolved***

Fix: Jenngnome is a dumbface.

What I hadn't added to that post was 'I used the Download Dashboard in game to Reinstall everything because i'm lazy and that is easier to navigate'

As this was my first time using the download dashboard, I didn't realize it didn't add the SetObject to folders.

Quick Fix:
    1) Go to purchase history: See Sets only--->
    2) Redownload Sets (despite Already Installed Message)
    3) Kindly thank Crin for their time xDD Thanks Crin!!! <3
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited June 2013
    I am having a few issues since installing the patch. I have all EPs and SPs with the exception of Katy Perry Stuff. My game is up to date and I have no custom content. I do have a lot of store stuff installed. I have deleted my The Sims 3 folder in documents and settings to see if it cleared up my issues, but to no avail.

Issue 1 - My game options are resetting to horrible settings every time I restart the game. My computer is pretty top of the line and almost all of my settings were defaulted at max before the patch. Now it is defaulting everything to low every single time I start the game. It is also resetting the other options like weather span, moon cycle, volumes, camera rotation, etc. Everything in the options settings is reset. I do not know what to do and I am getting very frustrated.

Issue 2 - I purchased Hidden Spring through Origin because of a sale. I installed it. It says it is installed; however, the list of worlds shows the buy symbol next to it and under it, it says 2000 points. When I try to reinstall it, it says it is already installed. When I uninstall it, it lets me reinstall it, but it still does not show up in game.
  • RicalynnRicalynn Posts: 68 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hello team.

Do I need to redo my data?

Giving more info about my earlier complaint

Just wanted to report several reports of extremely slow skilling on over at Carl's. Seems to be existing games only and at least one person doesn't think that they had the previous bug where they were skilling faster due to happiness bug.

I took one guy several days to get from level 9 to level 10 cooking.
  • VanillaCupcakessVanillaCupcakess Posts: 194 New Member
    edited June 2013
    BUG: I'm seeing others report that their censor blur thing is black, well mine it a dark redish brownish color. no matter what color my sims are.
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    edited June 2013
    HI!

I just found a bug to report. The new patch seems to have messed with the routing on rabbit holes that are placed too close to the front of the lot.

I was testing out the move to new world with a sim moving her to several worlds and it has worked fine (no problems with the moves at all!)

... but when I moved to Lunar Lakes I found that the rabbit holes on the 10X10 lots were now unroutable ... the only way to fix them was to go into build mode with the "MOO" cheat and move the rabbit hole back 1 and half blocks back (they were one block from the front of the lot and I moved them so now they are 2 and half blocks from the front and slightly hanging out the back of the lot) ... this now gives the sims enough room to enter the rabbit hole. Monte Vista also has a rabbit hole that is too close to the front of the lot and now after the patch my sims can not enter it.

I also tried this out on a new game with Lunar Lakes to make sure it was not something the new move to new town option was doing, but found the same issue with these rabbit holes.

1. no cc and no mods
    2. n/a
    3. I have not had any mods in my game for over 4 months
    4. n/a
    5. just the patch as IP is not out yet
    6. the new patch 1.55
    7. I had the same results both ways
    8. I used an existing sim I already had in a current game and also used a pre-made townie in a new game.
    9. I moved from several towns both ea towns and custom towns. Currently my sim is in an EA town.
    10. Win 7
    11. Origin digital download
    12. Home worlds
  • kittenxpawskittenxpaws Posts: 40 New Member
    edited June 2013
    i was too quick to post...and figured it out. sorry please delete this.
  • envira_xenvira_x Posts: 4,295 Member
    edited June 2013
    **please disregard this wasted space**

I thought I had an issue -- but our beloved ceejay helped guide me in the right direction. It was not a glitch at all -- it was my lack of knowledge and general silliness. Please forgive the wasted space, crin. I'm sorry for that.

Thank you for all you do!! <3

edited June 2013
    @midge719: Since you're not opposed to mods, I would recommend the following: Put in Twallan's Selector Mod and use one of the interactions to see if it throws a script error. If you do, post it at twallans and see if he has a tip for you.

@winstonsmith: Rest the Sim with resetsim firstname lastname and/or move him out and back in (if possible). If that doesn't help, please answer the questions in the second post

@tmoore1989: Did you try the factory reset ?

@asdfthesims: Thanks. That is fine.

@Jenngnome: I will need to check that out. Getting back to you later

@Mstybl95:

1) Go to documents\electronicarts\thesims3 and find a file called options.ini or just options. Move that to the desktop and restart your game (make sure launcher and game are closed while you are moving the file). You will need to re-set the options. Then restart the game and see if it does the same.
    2) Check if it's in the list twice. A lot of time if it's not recognized as bought properly, it'll be in the list to buy but also in the list to play (without the coin icon). You can also turn off the ingame Store for the buy option one to disappear entirely.

@Ricalynn: Just link the post with your data new posts. That would be great. It was too much work listing everyones data on the first page last time. It's only necessary if it's a new issue though. So in this case, no not necessary. I'll add the extra info.

I would recommend Overwatch to get them unbugged. Afterwards I would assume it should work fine.

@VanillaCupcakess: Is it different from the pics elanorbreton posted ? I think everyone is affected and I can't think of a solution how to fix it.

@tammyjo329: I'll add

@envira_x: Always glad if issues get fixed on their own. Waste as much space as you want :P
    AHQ Tutorial

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top