Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think TS4 Sims are gonna look like?

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    ManderMurduhManderMurduh Posts: 1,279 Member
    edited May 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo9L8d-5x20

I long for character creation like that of EVE Online (see link above). I realize we probably won't get anything near that good but darn it, if they're going to expect us to basically buy a game we already have only without anywhere NEAR the content we're now used to... character creation better be a HUGE improvement and really knock our socks off!

I would LOVE it if the sims 4 characters looked like that.
    jrbac2.gif
    Origin ID: xoScoochAMooch Feel free to add me!
    Check out my simblr for gameplay pictures! https://leelasims.tumblr.com/

I love BTS and Ariana Grande.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited May 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo9L8d-5x20

I long for character creation like that of EVE Online (see link above). I realize we probably won't get anything near that good but darn it, if they're going to expect us to basically buy a game we already have only without anywhere NEAR the content we're now used to... character creation better be a HUGE improvement and really knock our socks off!

I would LOVE it if the sims 4 characters looked like that.

Me too! LOL But I get that The Sims has a certain comical look that suits the light hearted theme of the game. Still, they COULD do a MUCH better job when it comes to how Sims look. Each incarnation of the game so far has really just been one notch higher than the game that proceeded it when it comes to how the Sims themselves look. Well with installment FOUR they had better kick it up SEVERAL notches higher to justify buying this game in the first place. And they darn well better figure out LONG hair! The modding community certainly has! Catch up EA!
  • Options
    ClaudiaElzoClaudiaElzo Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I think they should make them look like the sims you can create with CC, a lot of ppl are able to run the game with it
  • Options
    mosneakersmosneakers Posts: 1,654 Member
    edited May 2013
    As I said in another thread, I'd love something like Dreamworks or Pixar movies. Think Princess Fiona from Shrek. Has realism, yet still has that cartoony look sims are known for. :)

30j1e68.jpg

See? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ADLER900ADLER900 Posts: 503 Member
    edited May 2013
    I want my sims to be cartoon-ish...its a game after all...The CC created and used for SIMS3 kind of freaks me out because they are too realistic...imagine having sims that look exactly like humans and then having them burn to death in a house fire, or get electrocuted or something...It would just be a step too far for me... I would be perfectly happy with mix between a Pixar/Dreamworks cartoon look and a realistic look to be honest, I quite like the render provided already. The EVE character creation looks great too, I have to admit, but maybe a little less realistic.

• Options
    mellysuemellysue Posts: 238 Member
    edited May 2013
    Judging by the "Eyes" picture they released (in OP's siggy) I think they will be more along the lines of maybe a toonier looking GTA... Their faces have actual depth and detail, but they still don't look quite human? Or Assassins Creed but toonier... They look more detailed and human than before, but with that same unreal toonish look we like.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    edited May 2013
    The lighting effects in Sims3 is partly at fault for the way our Sims look, especially when outside in the sunlight. Outdoors, their faces look awful, with odd shading and too bright skin that kinda voids their facial features. Such a shame. The open world concept is awesome and I really like it, but it gave the developers a whole new set of problems to work with, such as the shifting sunlight and shadows. But Sims3 was setting the stage for Sims4, and after everything the developers have learned from Sims3 I hope Sims4 will come out super-charged and blow us away.

But I am still going to wait to buy Sims4 until I see what it is like. I am just now really getting into Sim3 and have alot to do and see and experiment with, so Sims4 will have to wait it's turn.

And I want the Sims in Sims4 to be improved on and more customizing options made available in-game. Better hair meshes are needed as well as texturing of the hair. I miss the hair animations in Sims2. And with the wind that blows in Sims3, it seems odd to see Sims walking about with the wind howling and their hair staying unruffled. As if their hair has been glued to their heads. :-o

Face it, we were spoiled with the Sims we could create in Sims2. I had gorgeous Sims who had equally gorgeous offspring. Oh, there's another thing for my wishlist....better genetics. The Sims I still play in Sims2, are third and fourth generation offspring and the genetics carry forward with each generation. Wish I could say the same for my families in Sims3. :? I hate to say it but I have had some very homely kids in Sims3 families who were the offspring of very lovely Sims parents. I can see having a truly homely child once in a while, but two out of three per family is a bit much. And, no, they did not grow out of it. Thank the stars for Twallen's Master Controller mod. :-D