Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think TS4 Sims are gonna look like?

Comments

• Options
    IfreshyehIfreshyeh Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited May 2013

8709382234_8640a7e137_z.jpg

8709394694_6f338425d5_z.jpg

and this:

8708272519_c79d0015a5_z.jpg

8709394546_fd00548e57_z.jpg

Wow :shock: Those first 2 pictures completely terrify me (It's okay, I didn't need to sleep tonight). The last are still a bit too.. creepy for me (well, the first one is okay), but much better than the first ones :lol: If I end up in a fetal position beside your bed, at least you know why.
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't care if they don't look super realistic, I just want to see textured skin. I hate how smooth the TS3 sims look. And I hate how shiny everything is. I think if they used more realistic lighting then a lot of that would be fixed. This was proved by TSM. Someone converted the skintones for TS3, but they didn't look nearly as good because the lighting is crap. Also, I want to be able to place moles, freckles, scars and tattoos like the fur in Pets.

I agree everything is way to shiny and whites are way to white.
  • Options
    SadieStarSadieStar Posts: 880 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Lol, as Ifreshyeh & Conclue have stated, super realistic sims would risk crossing over into the nightmarish 'uncanny valley' so thankfully this won't be possible!! :D
    Agreed Kirby, those Mass Effect photos are insane!

As Tanya said, we are assuming the graphics to go in a more realistic route. I for one would be shocked if they went in a more cartoony, less-realistic look but I should hold my judgment since I have not seen any recent games with such graphics, maybe it can look decent.

Thanks Staruna, I pretty much will be too :D It won't be in the style of sims social, now that would be way too cartoony lol

I don't use CC, but I have seen a lot of CC skins and there are very few that I would want to use--a lot of them seem a lot shinier than the default skin we currently have which really just seems doughy to me.

• Options
    darkraven1753darkraven1753 Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited May 2013
    How the Sims look will be the most important factor in determining whether or not I buy Sims 4. I dislike the way they look in TS3 so much that I can't bear to play the game. I still play TS2 and I have customized them to the point that they look almost as good as the Aion avatars (I really love that sort of look), but the animations are not very good. I think better facial animations would make a huge difference. The blank stare they get in TS3 and TSM is just so empty.

I have a good video card, so I'm all for as realistic as possible. They don't have to look as good as Mass Effect, but they are going to have to be A LOT more attractive than they are in Sims 3 or I won't be interested. The plastic "pudding" doll look has to got to go in order for me to want to play. I need much better textures, lighting, and overall graphics to enjoy the game.
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited May 2013
    It's the little things like the poster above mentions about detail in animations that I think were sacrificed for the sake of an open world. Less detail means less work on the game, and since Sims3 is about the open world, it makes sense they couldn't advance but almost stepped the sims animations backwards a bit in favor of the open world.

These are the things that excite me about Sims 4. I really think Sims 4 will be that Sims game that brings the series back and gets us all obsessed like we were with Sims 1 or 2. I love Sims 3 now but it's still lacks that "magic" of the Sims 1 & 2. Ive always thought of Sims3 as a primitive version of the new age of Sims games. Like a stepping stone, similar to how Sims 1 evolved to 2. Opening the world and controlling a town changed the game A LOT. In doing so I feel like we stepped backwards in certain areas to move forward in others. Now that it's 2013 and tech and specs are way better than when Sims 3 was in early development I would assume Sims 4 is gonna take us to the next level of Simming, similar to how Sims 2 did. Ideally, I look at Sims 4 having the potential to be the next "Sims 2" where Sims 3 was a fancier Sims 1.

I hope I'm relaying this properly. LOL

This is why I'm stoked for a long time. I'm beyond excited for Monday. Island what? LOL (kidding, I'm really excited for IP)
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited May 2013
    Anyways, in all seriousness I'd like to see something at least as nice as Dragon Age. It's a four year old game that wasn't overly impressive graphically for the time, I think it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

8707861667_a9b7522726.jpg

8707841353_564feed225.jpg

8708973874_eb7ed66ec9.jpg

I think something along the lines of DA would be nice. It's not trying too hard to be realistic, there is still the sense that yes, this is animation. But, it's got the right amount of detail, and it's easy enough to make either a very attractive or totally average looking character. Whichever you like. I'd like something more detailed and refined than what we have now, but nothing that looks glossy or plastic.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    SadieStarSadieStar Posts: 880 New Member
    edited May 2013
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:
    Anyways, in all seriousness I'd like to see something at least as nice as Dragon Age. It's a four year old game that wasn't overly impressive graphically for the time, I think it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

I think something along the lines of DA would be nice. It's not trying too hard to be realistic, there is still the sense that yes, this is animation. But, it's got the right amount of detail, and it's easy enough to make either a very attractive or totally average looking character. Whichever you like. I'd like something more detailed and refined than what we have now, but nothing that looks glossy or plastic.

I totally agree Gabby! I forgot to say earlier that my favorite pictures for how the future ts4 sims should realistically look are the one's that Allspice posted from Dragon Age. I love their expressiveness and one thing that ts3 doesn't have that ts4 needs imo is better expressiveness that conveys emotions. Can't believe DA was from 4 years ago! :shock: The graphics are so good!
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited May 2013
    SadieStar wrote:
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:

I totally agree Gabby! I forgot to say earlier that my favorite pictures for how the future ts4 sims should realistically look are the one's that Allspice posted from Dragon Age. I love their expressiveness and one thing that ts3 doesn't have that ts4 needs imo is better expressiveness that conveys emotions. Can't believe DA was from 4 years ago! :shock: The graphics are so good!

I know. The game itself didn't do as much for me as other fantasy RPGs that I've played, but I loved the character creation.

If they want to go more cartoony than DA then I think something like Kingdoms of Amalur (but maybe just a tad more detailed) would be nice:
    amu6.jpg

IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited May 2013
    I dreamed about The Sims 4 tonight, and i hope it looks as good as it looked in my dream. I dreamt that Gamespot leaked lots of pictures of The Sims 4 today and the graphics were awesome! You could see a mom breastfeeding her child, a older man jogging and sweating, a library on fire lol, a wonderfull town with mountains, lakes, apartments, high-rises, farms and lots of more it was a huge place and the graphics looked really realistic and you could see the sweat flowing down from the older man that were jogging. It had weather in the base-game and in one screenshot it was a band performing on a stage for lots of people. Im sad that it just was a dream :( But i hope it looks as good as it looked in my dream. Also before i end this post xD The Sims 4 wasn't MAC compatible so there goes the MAC players i guess.

What if the dream is true? :shock: :lol: It actually felt and looked like it wasn't a dream :wink:

( My spelling might be bad in this post because i just woke up XD )
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited May 2013
    Sims like those in TSM would be perfect for me... I like my Sims to look at least a little like video game characters... as I've said before, I don't want my Sims to look like real people when I'm locking them up in a torture chamber :P
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    I would just like for sims to look quite different from one another. Maybe there could be a choice of different looking skins (not just skin-colour, but the actual tones that give character to the face), maybe facial overlays with different shading. I'd like my sims to have more character. I liked the Medieval sims because they did have a lot of character, but I'd like them to look a tad more realistic and less cartoony.
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited May 2013
    What TS4 is going to look like ? I don't know. It might have the out of this world graphic :wink: , or the same old, same old graphic, but honestly,

tumblr_lsdsomQ2SV1qfughi.gif"width=500"

My concerns at the moment are :

1. Is that an offline or an online game ?
    2. If it is both, do EA treats both players fairly ? What I mean fair here is that either you play online or offline, you won't miss anything. Well of course if you play online you are probably able to play with your friends or family and visit their games, but that's not what I mean. Take simport for example, if you use simport, then you will have some extra contents in your game. That's what I mean with fairness in both online and offline modes. You should be able to get the extra contents either you play online or offline.
  • Options
    Cali_Pier92Cali_Pier92 Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited May 2013
    Conclue wrote:
    It's the little things like the poster above mentions about detail in animations that I think were sacrificed for the sake of an open world. Less detail means less work on the game, and since Sims3 is about the open world, it makes sense they couldn't advance but almost stepped the sims animations backwards a bit in favor of the open world.

These are the things that excite me about Sims 4. I really think Sims 4 will be that Sims game that brings the series back and gets us all obsessed like we were with Sims 1 or 2. I love Sims 3 now but it's still lacks that "magic" of the Sims 1 & 2. Ive always thought of Sims3 as a primitive version of the new age of Sims games. Like a stepping stone, similar to how Sims 1 evolved to 2. Opening the world and controlling a town changed the game A LOT. In doing so I feel like we stepped backwards in certain areas to move forward in others. Now that it's 2013 and tech and specs are way better than when Sims 3 was in early development I would assume Sims 4 is gonna take us to the next level of Simming, similar to how Sims 2 did. Ideally, I look at Sims 4 having the potential to be the next "Sims 2" where Sims 3 was a fancier Sims 1.

I hope I'm relaying this properly. LOL

This is why I'm stoked for a long time. I'm beyond excited for Monday. Island what? LOL (kidding, I'm really excited for IP)
    I totally get where you're coming from and I really hope you're right. TS3 did seem like a learning curve for the developers, some of it's aspects are amazing and I feel like they improved on the overall tone of TS2, but it is lacking so much of TS2's depth. The same can be said for the earlier TS3 EPs, I think EA learned their lesson with Supernatural onwards so hopefully that won't be repeated in TS4.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited May 2013
    Susiechan wrote:

My concerns at the moment are :

1. Is that an offline or an online game ?
    2. If it is both, do EA treats both players fairly ? What I mean fair here is that either you play online or offline, you won't miss anything. Well of course if you play online you are probably able to play with your friends or family and visit their games, but that's not what I mean. Take simport for example, if you use simport, then you will have some extra contents in your game. That's what I mean with fairness in both online and offline modes. You should be able to get the extra contents either you play online or offline.

That's my concern too. From the clues it seems like it will be both single player and multiplayer which is fine with me, so long as they treat each player fairly. My biggest fear is that they'll try to force players online through special 'bonus' content, like simport (as you pointed out). They shouldn't marginalise the single players.

I HATE 'bonus' content... it really PESTERS me OFF! :evil: Just put everything in the store so it's available fairly. I love the Medieval items you get for buying simpoints and I have a few, but I can't afford to keep buying simpoints in the hope of randomly getting the items I want. If it was available as a store pack I could afford that one-off purchase. The limited edition bonus content I can understand more because they want those release day sales, but it sucks when you miss out. :? But, I'm rambling, back to the point! If it starts that they offer restricted content then

imout.gif
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited May 2013
    have a look at this, this is character creation on EVE.com, I want TS4 sims to look like this :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo9L8d-5x20
  • Options
    Allspice1232Allspice1232 Posts: 3,234 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ifreshyeh wrote:
    Wow :shock: Those first 2 pictures completely terrify me (It's okay, I didn't need to sleep tonight). The last are still a bit too.. creepy for me (well, the first one is okay), but much better than the first ones :lol: If I end up in a fetal position beside your bed, at least you know why.

Sorry. XD They are a bit...on the uncanny valley side aren't they? The first one is from Beyond: Two Souls, a game by Quantic Dream. They used motion capture for it:

8710595898_95592e2ab7_z.jpg

8709473605_40ea1504f2_z.jpg

and yes, that is Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe. They used real actors to act out every scene instead of just recording their voices and it really shows. The guys at Quantic Dream have really worked hard to refine their tech. Just look at how far they've come in eight years:

Indigo Prophesy/Fahrenheit (2005)
    8709505359_356c83fef4.jpg

Heavy Rain (2010)
    8710627558_cfb9e7f67d_z.jpg

Beyond: Two Souls (2013)
    8710629166_3e1ddc608c_z.jpg

Oh! I just thought of something. It would be really cool if TS4 had the aesthetics of Kara (though maybe not quite the graphical detail XD). It was one of Quantic Dream's tech demos:

8710648606_b6ae8555b8_z.jpg

Check out the video, it is very impressive and I hope beyond hope we get a game based on her.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    have a look at this, this is character creation on EVE.com, I want TS4 sims to look like this :

:shock: That looks great. The amount of customization is insane...that is definitely something I want for TS4.
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2013
    If I sound really sour lately, I am going to say sorry upfront.

I think the next game is an online game..MMO, and I do believe the Sims in the next game will look nothing like we were all wanting.

In TS3 it seems developers took a few steps backwards in the motions and movements of the Sims. Though they look nothing like TS1 Sims they certaintly do walk, move, and or get stuck like TS1 Sims.

You can almost draw a circle around a movement or action and one around a Sim doing something in TS1 and ask people to compare them. They are almost the same. Enough to make some of us see it and wonder why they went backwards and skipped over how easily TS2 Sims movements flow.

With all that 'stuff' said, I think the Sims in the next game (online) will be an even further step backwards to even favor TS1 Sims even more.

And my dreams of how they would look, what they would do, and or how much detail I would have in my control is out the window as of Monday when Simmers get the 'news' coming next. :(

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimsTiasSimsTias Posts: 1,622 Member
    edited May 2013
    Ifreshyeh wrote:

Sorry. XD They are a bit...on the uncanny valley side aren't they? The first one is from Beyond: Two Souls, a game by Quantic Dream. They used motion capture for it:

8710595898_95592e2ab7_z.jpg

8709473605_40ea1504f2_z.jpg

and yes, that is Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe. They used real actors to act out every scene instead of just recording their voices and it really shows. The guys at Quantic Dream have really worked hard to refine their tech. Just look at how far they've come in eight years:

Indigo Prophesy/Fahrenheit (2005)
    8709505359_356c83fef4.jpg

Heavy Rain (2010)
    8710627558_cfb9e7f67d_z.jpg

Beyond: Two Souls (2013)
    8710629166_3e1ddc608c_z.jpg

Oh! I just thought of something. It would be really cool if TS4 had the aesthetics of Kara (though maybe not quite the graphical detail XD). It was one of Quantic Dream's tech demos:

8710648606_b6ae8555b8_z.jpg

Check out the video, it is very impressive and I hope beyond hope we get a game based on her.

Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls! <3

I would love if The Sims 4 had those graphics for the Sims. Come on, both Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls are for PS3 and if a PS3 can have those facial details then why not The Sims 4 for PC? ;)
    Save the Sims Franchise!
    Owner of Simstias.blogspot.se
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    SimsTias wrote:

I would love if The Sims 4 had those graphics for the Sims. Come on, both Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls are for PS3 and if a PS3 can have those facial details then why not The Sims 4 for PC? ;)

Right? The PS3's tech was ancient by PC standards when it came out and it can have games that look like that. Why can't TS4? XD
    34336_s.gif
  • Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited May 2013
    Here's what I know: The people expecting top-of-the-line graphics are going to be seriously disappointed.

Here's what I suspect: Better than Sims 3, but not up to games like Mass Effect by a long shot.
    AH-greeed.
  • Options
    AdiCohenAdiCohen Posts: 1,300 Member
    edited May 2013

OMG yes! a thousand times yes! This is how I imagine TS4, the graphics and the customization options :) Please dear God, make it happen lol.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited May 2013
    AdiCohen wrote:

OMG yes! a thousand times yes! This is how I imagine TS4, the graphics and the customization options :) Please dear God, make it happen lol.

The irony is that all that effort is just for creating a picture of their avatar.
    What a waste. The Sims could make better use of it.
    They spend most of their time looking at ships and user interfaces.
    Manticore_Inferno_940.jpg

I do see why they did it. With so many people, it would be nice to see more individuality in the faces on the UI.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited May 2013
    SimsTias wrote:

Right? The PS3's tech was ancient by PC standards when it came out and it can have games that look like that. Why can't TS4? XD

Well, Sims series doesn't use motion capture. If you want there to ever be a chance of a height slider, Two Souls is among the list of games you don't want them looking to for inspiration.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited May 2013
    2zxmfco.jpg

“What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”