Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which The Sims game has the best Free Will ?

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
Hi,

Which The Sims game has the best Free Will ?

Which The Sims game has the best Free Will ? 30 votes

The Sims
0%
The Sims 2
36%
lisamwittIsb917jazzunicornsSorak4nanashi-simsstephAnie1864OldeseadoggeBreazonaphunktasticjoe89simmeroriginmangosimoothie 11 votes
The Sims 3
53%
EvvieSimmerpisceschick75maggiemae8135alanmichael1airotciv54TeeSeaBabykittyjadebenson2006pandabear1836LatinaBunnyAstroSims4MagicalTalesClarionOfJoyChicklet453681Calico45JunkyPoem 16 votes
The Sims 4
10%
LeGardePourpreSERVERFRAVeeDub 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited May 2022
    The Sims 4
    I like to watch the sims in TS2, they seems to be alive and out of control.

But I prefer TS4 free will to keep the game under my control.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited May 2022
    The Sims 3
    Hmm… tough one. I am not sure what the OP is asking about regarding free will.

Is it like where the sims can do stuff on their own or that they’re smart enough to stay alive, or, is it, as in, having little bits of personality and reacting according to their personality traits?
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited May 2022
    The Sims 3
    @LatinaBunny

What is really important for you ?

I like Sims being able to survive, but also have some personality, so… hmm…

I like Sims being more easier to take care of, so, for me, it’s between Sims 3 and Sims 4.

Hmmmmmmm….

I’m gonna say Sims 3 because there are some personality stuff they do on their own, and they react better to certain events and can remember both the good and bad stuff that happened to them.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    The Sims 3
    @LatinaBunny

What is really important for you ?

I like Sims being able to survive, but also have some personality, so… hmm…

I like Sims being more easier to take care of, so, for me, it’s between Sims 3 and Sims 4.

Hmmmmmmm….

I’m gonna say Sims 3 because there are some personality stuff they do on their own, and they react better to certain events and can remember both the good and bad stuff that happened to them.

My thoughts exactly. I was gonna say TS2 but with how quickly their needs deplete I feel like I have to micromanage them to much.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    My sims rarely have free will. 😄 Plus after almost 8 years of TS4 it's getting harder and harder for me to remember prior game mechanics.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2022
    The Sims 3
    I'm judging based on personality and overall what they choose to do so I had to choose ts3 for this one. In ts4 It really feels more like Sims jumping on any random thing (computers especially) if you let them go loose on free will. Though I haven't tried it in a long time because I enjoy free will off.
    When I had tried and played ts3 for a while the freewill seemed a bit better. My childish sim was always somewhere laughing his heart out and I had to search snd find out why he was laughing so much. He would play in the water sprinkles, run to the park and swing, play tag with kids,,and pretty much play with anything he can and I loved it lol.
    My ts4 childish sim is pretty dull in comparison but to be fair even kids don't have much to run around and do in ts4 much less childish adults.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    The Sims 3
    3 or 2. The Sims were interesting to watch in both of those entries, though 2's needs impeded some of that.

4... Not so much fun to watch. They act too similarly to make eight different weirdos (I especially liked doing the supernatural version of this in 2 and 3) and watch them drive each other crazy. Then 1's were way too needy so they had to have micromanagement.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    What do you mean by free will? Which game utilizes their needs the best on free will?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Not sure which one has the best, but Sims 4 has the worst for my playstyle. In 1 and 2 Free Will off means exactly that, with very few exceptions like fire panic or jealousy slapping. Only in 4 do I need additional mods (yes, plural) to play with Free Will off.

Sims 1 and 2 A.I. lists a sim's top 4 needs, then decides which one out of those four to fulfill at random. As a result the sims act motivated by their needs, but not always the most pressing one. Sims 4 sims act motivated by their current emotion. Sims 3 sims I never gave free will, but from what I recall I was able to gauge townies' traits by watching them, so in this game traits seem to be the main motivator for what a sim choses to do. That would make Sims 3's Free Will the best.
  • Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited May 2022
    The Sims 2
    I've been playing Sims 1-3 and it's not even close. Sims 2 is the best and most interesting for me
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited May 2022
    The Sims 2
    The Sims 2 and 3 Sims are the only two I know that can properly take care of themselves, especially when you compare them to the Sims 4 sims where they'll be doing pushups even without the active trait and trying to drink water every few seconds. Which has my biggest issue with that games automomy. It's so random and rarely about their personality. Mean people are mean *slightly* more but even then I often don't find them having a brawl often.

Personality makes such a huge difference for them in 2 with the autonomy, my 10 point neat Sims would be fighting me to clean the house and all my 10 outgoing 0 nice pointers would be fighting their enemies, constantly running over to jeer who they like least and cheer on, all while catching my shy Sims running from the fighting. The attraction system meant Don Lothario would do his job for you if you weren't paying attention while he's near a 3 bolter, but then the Sims 4 just has sims willy-nilly cheating as they play musicial chairs to greet, then flirt with some townie actively walking across the map
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 541 Member
    The Sims 3
    It's actually a toss up between 2 and 3. I don't really play 2 as much anymore and I never play 4. If I could play the original...that would be my jam. I always try to give my sims the best traits possible so that they don't need so much direction from me. Although, once I did leave my game on all night...my sims all ended up...ghosts and the house was burnt to the ground, so...
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited May 2022
    My sims don't have free will
    They are slaves to my ploys

well maybe they had in ts1 cause i don't think i was old enough to understand there was options if there even was *confusion* was there options on free will can't remember
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    edited May 2022
    The Sims 4
    Sims 4 is better than Sims 3.