Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They're already teasing about the next pack (The gurus are hinting heavily today)

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    g01denswan wrote: »
    Honestly I think they should fix their recent packs first.

They work on multiple things at the same time. Obviously they are working on fixing packs as well. And these few tweets won't really consume that much of their time, on top of that it's weekend so there is a high chance they are tweeting in their free time, and free time means they are currently not working and it's not paid.

I didn't criticize their tweeting, I wanted to say that it doesn't make sense to add new gameplay content on top of mountains of broken old content. MWS has shown that something is fundamentally wrong with the game.

So what would make sense to you?

To free packs like MWS, Dream Decorator, Paranormal Stuff, Dine out, Outdoor Retreat (herbalism!) and GTW from game breaking bugs first. And of course base game issues like non-buildable rockets or all unharvested fruits going into the inventory when travelling.
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member

They work on multiple things at the same time. Obviously they are working on fixing packs as well. And these few tweets won't really consume that much of their time, on top of that it's weekend so there is a high chance they are tweeting in their free time, and free time means they are currently not working and it's not paid.

I didn't criticize their tweeting, I wanted to say that it doesn't make sense to add new gameplay content on top of mountains of broken old content. MWS has shown that something is fundamentally wrong with the game.

To free packs like MWS, Dream Decorator, Paranormal Stuff, Dine out, Outdoor Retreat (herbalism!) and GTW from game breaking bugs first. And of course base game issues like non-buildable rockets or all unharvested fruits going into the inventory when travelling.

While their bug fixers are fixing bugs, what do you suggest they have their employees that don’t work on bug fixing do?
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member

While their bug fixers are fixing bugs, what do you suggest they have their employees that don’t work on bug fixing do?

Find ways to develop playable new content.
  • Options
    SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    edited March 2022
    I know they post tweets to hype, but I'm not hyped by all these ''[redacted]'' stuff. In fact, it does the reverse effect for me. Also, it cause false hopes in the community. I just want bug fixes and they release stuff without too much game breaking bugs. Not like now.
    Post edited by Skyrryx on
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Options
    edited March 2022

Find ways to develop playable new content.

But that contradicts what you said earlier. You said that:
    it doesn't make sense to add new gameplay content on top of mountains of broken old content.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

I don't think they have a separate team for fixing bugs, it's the same people who develop the packs also working on bug fixing. Probably the reason we're getting so many kits it's that the art people are working to make kits, while the coders are working on fixing stuff. Hence, no stuff packs and no winter EP.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I made my own retail location that is a grocery store for that very reason, @SheriSim57. No more limit on how much of an ingredient I can buy. Most of the ingredients can go into the LICE Retail Freezers which makes for unlimited supply when played sims shop there even if you only originally put 1 in the freezer for sale. It also means my sims can buy perfect quality ingredients because that's what the Sim who stocked the store grew.
    The only downside...it's a lot more expensive. :lol:

The only ingredients in the entire game that you cannot sell at a retail location are the wrapped red and white meat. Fortunately those are already available in unlimited supply from Lobo's grocery stand.

Yes, I have a couple retail stores that sell groceries, but they are so much more expensive.
  • Options
    I never said they have a separate bug fixing team, but who their bug fixers are depend on what the issues are so some employees would be paid to do nothing if content isn’t created while bugs are being fixed.

Also, the budget for future packs would be reduced if they are paying employees to fix bugs, but not generating revenue.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but my thought is the shoes comment could be like a shoe brace for psychical disabilities. People have been wanting disabilities.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but my thought is the shoes comment could be like a shoe brace for psychical disabilities. People have been wanting disabilities.

Apparently they did say they were working on it in an inside maxis livestream
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    CrazyMotherCoolCrazyMotherCool Posts: 17 Member
    I'm really curious to know what they'll relate. Hoping that it's an expansion pack and/or stuff pack...
  • Options
    CrazyMotherCoolCrazyMotherCool Posts: 17 Member
    *release
  • Options
    akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    Skyrryx wrote: »
    I know they post tweets to hype, but I'm not hyped by all these ''[redacted]'' stuff. In fact, it does the reverse effect for me. Also, it cause false hopes in the community. I just want bug fixes and they release stuff without too much game breaking bugs. Not like now.

I find the “[redacted]” stuff irritating more than anything. I want transparency. What exactly are you guys working on? I get that this is not something the Gurus have any control over, unfortunately. It’s just been a very ugly trend in the gaming industry. “Here’s an extremely vague teaser annnnnnnddd… *radio silence for months/years*, oh hai guys, game comes out next week. Get hyped!” Geez, back in my day, TS2 would have an insert with the next expansion pack in the case.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Guys… I just saw a pair of shoes for [redacted] and I’m so excited !!! Will reply to this when we release it!!
    I’ll update it when we release [redacted] :-)
    pssst…. this is the first [redacted] I’m *fully* working on btw 🙂 and I can’t wait to share everything with you all!!! (when the time is right, of course)
    Yup! That's what I thought
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    Hm, shoes they say? Must be about cars. :D
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I hope it's babies, but I guess it's just another CAS kit with totally over the top clothing I'll never use.
  • Options
    Plumbeeb wrote: »
    This whole [Redacted] trend is starting to wear thin on me now. I'd simply rather not know about it until it's officially announced, than try to keep up with vague teasers.

I just hope that these shoes aren't for a kit. I don't have any problems with kits being a thing, but they seriously need to cool it with the kit releases for a while. I think the focus should be on expansions, pack refreshes and bug fixes.
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    I think we need to start giving our feedback to them the way they give us information about what they are working on.

Dear Maxis,
    I have strong [redacted] feelings about [redacted], so I hope you [redacted].

I 100% agree. I get that the Gurus are probably bound by some sort of non-disclosure agreement. But the lack of transparency in the gaming industry in the last 5-10 years or so is a big reason why I’ve gravitated more towards indie games.

Remember when you’d get an insert with your Sims 2 disc that would tell you what the next expansion was?

I’ve been loving games like My Time at Portia and 7 Days to Die where they’re like “here are all of the things we’re working on for the next update.” And they’d tell you if certain things had to be pushed to a future update. That’s way better than radio silence, then “Surprise! Pack is coming out next week!”

• Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
    I think Minecraft has a really great release model for game updates - not only are the developers open about what they’re working on, but some time (generally several months) before a major update drops they start releasing (optional) weekly WIP updates where players can try out new features in active development and suggest changes, identify bugs and give general feedback (which the developers are very responsive to). Only once the update is complete, stable and bug-free is a release date announced and the proper patch released.

While I don’t think this model would work for the Sims (most new content is DLC), this transparency and opportunity for players to try out and give feedback on new content is one of the reasons the developers have such a good relationship with the community.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited March 2022
    This whole [Redacted] trend is starting to wear thin on me now. I'd simply rather not know about it until it's officially announced, than try to keep up with vague teasers.

I'm a bit tired of it too, ever since they started with "redacted" tweets or just tweets about how excited they are about the next pack it has always resulted in the community being disappointed because they thought it was something else because they imagined what would make them excited about an upcoming pack. Not what the devs thought was exciting.

I also don't think it's a good idea to tweet about that at all because it puts a lot of pressure on the devs.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    It'd better be Generations, we've been asking for it for a while.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Well horse shoes is a thing that demands some sort of pack.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I think Minecraft has a really great release model for game updates - not only are the developers open about what they’re working on, but some time (generally several months) before a major update drops they start releasing (optional) weekly WIP updates where players can try out new features in active development and suggest changes, identify bugs and give general feedback (which the developers are very responsive to). Only once the update is complete, stable and bug-free is a release date announced and the proper patch released.

While I don’t think this model would work for the Sims (most new content is DLC), this transparency and opportunity for players to try out and give feedback on new content is one of the reasons the developers have such a good relationship with the community.
    logion wrote: »

I'm a bit tired of it too, ever since they started with "redacted" tweets or just tweets about how excited they are about the next pack it has always resulted in the community being disappointed because they thought it was something else because they imagined what would make them excited about an upcoming pack. Not what the devs thought was exciting.

I also don't think it's a good idea to tweet about that at all because it puts a lot of pressure on the devs.

Exactly. Plus, shoes? What a generic tweet. What is there to be hyped about shoes? Shoes can literally be anything. We have no idea if they’re referring to a kit, a SP, a GP, an EP, or a refresh. And for what content? Generations? Occults? Medieval? Babies? Horses? Something completely different?

I think gameplay quality is far superior when there is an established process for feedback and improvement that is provided directly from the consumers and occurs continuously in the moment as opposed to… years later. I feel like EA could learn something from some of these smaller companies, but I don’t trust that will happen.