Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They're already teasing about the next pack (The gurus are hinting heavily today)

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Haflinger wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    spend4zen wrote: »
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I really hope it is a family gameplay pack with updates to the life stages and a relationship / romance upgrade. If not, I just want a new occult pack like fairies or werewolves or zombies, or an animal pack with horses and unicorns.

LOL..I liked the idea of horses until I played with the chickens and Llama's. It ties up the entire Sim day to take care of them. Also where are You going to ride your horses? We already have very limited space on the lots and area's they gave us. Don't get me wrong I love Horses, I raised them IRL and they were not as much work IRL as taking care of Sim pets. If they would find a way to simplify it then it would be really fun, but the way the game works with everything else right now, I think they would be extremely buggy and time consuming to mess with and I have never seen "cute' shoes for horses and don't think the Dev's would be excited over it. It's going to be some kind of Fashion pack for sure.

I had to google cute shoes for horses and while no shoes came up, I found out that there's a whole industry dedicated to cute boots for horses. :lol:

2020-June-sell-sheet-CLB-Metallics.jpg

Cavallos are cute and all, but Rennies are where it's at.

slide2.jpg

Except my gelding doesn't have them because his hooves are more suitably shaped for Scoot Boots and he has them for all 4.

They kind of look like crocs for horses. :lol:
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I really hope it is a family gameplay pack with updates to the life stages and a relationship / romance upgrade. If not, I just want a new occult pack like fairies or werewolves or zombies, or an animal pack with horses and unicorns.

LOL..I liked the idea of horses until I played with the chickens and Llama's. It ties up the entire Sim day to take care of them. Also where are You going to ride your horses? We already have very limited space on the lots and area's they gave us. Don't get me wrong I love Horses, I raised them IRL and they were not as much work IRL as taking care of Sim pets. If they would find a way to simplify it then it would be really fun, but the way the game works with everything else right now, I think they would be extremely buggy and time consuming to mess with and I have never seen "cute' shoes for horses and don't think the Dev's would be excited over it. It's going to be some kind of Fashion pack for sure.

I had to google cute shoes for horses and while no shoes came up, I found out that there's a whole industry dedicated to cute boots for horses. :lol:

slide2.jpg

Except my gelding doesn't have them because his hooves are more suitably shaped for Scoot Boots and he has them for all 4.

They're very popular with the endurance/trail riding crowd for those barefoot horses, such as my own. As are Scoot Boots. Cavallos are also used, but not as much because they tend to retain water and don't drain as easily.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member

slide2.jpg

They're very popular with the endurance/trail riding crowd for those barefoot horses, such as my own. As are Scoot Boots. Cavallos are also used, but not as much because they tend to retain water and don't drain as easily.

Don't they wear out too quickly? I imagine proper iron horses shoes would last much longer than these, especially if it's for rideable horses. I could understand the need for these boots for those itsy bitsy miniature horses, but not for big horses.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I want horses so bad in Sims 4.
  • Options
    ChillGarboChillGarbo Posts: 27 Member
    Boots are not just for the little mini horses and mini shertland ponies. they are used on the larger ponies (like Icelandic horse or Norwegian fjord horse) and riding horses where the hooves grow too fast for ordinary iron shoes or the rider wants the horse not to wear shoes.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Ooo, Vikings. :pB)
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member

slide2.jpg

Don't they wear out too quickly? I imagine proper iron horses shoes would last much longer than these, especially if it's for rideable horses. I could understand the need for these boots for those itsy bitsy miniature horses, but not for big horses.

The Flufflinger has been rocking the same pair of scoot boots for a couple of years now. They're supposed to last approx. 600 miles and while i ride nearly every day, we put less than 5 miles in so they last quite a long time, and I don't use them every ride. I believe the Renegades have the same durability, so you'd get at least 6 100-mile rides (i.e. Tevis Cup or Old Dominion) use out of them. My gelding's always been barefoot. He's got good feet, and no reason to wear shoes, I'll boot up for rockier trails. It's healthier for them that way, and I think you get better value out of boots. Sure, metal shoes last longer, but you still gotta replace them every 4-6 weeks and often the farrier doesn't just tack the old one back on and charges accordingly.

(Plus, my farrier dropped me as a client last year for some odd reason so I've been doing my own trimming)
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member

@spend4zen
    Oh you are so lucky you got to raise horses. :smiley: There is plenty of space on my large lots to ride them around in circles lol, but now that you mentioned cute horse shoes and @crocobaura found some cute horse boots :love: , I'm just going to hope for miniature sized horses and unicorns with cute shoes so I can take them inside the Sim's houses and keep them indoors like little pets. No more fashion packs please lol, it's time for horses or werewolves with cute shoes.

It would be cute to have ponies that could live in the Llama/Cow barn that you could mess with. I thought sheep in that barn would be a good idea to bc You could shear the wool like the Llama and use it for knitting. I forgot about the show boots and pavement boots for horses and ponies, I never showed my horses or took them out on paved roads, just back trails around our farm house and pastures. They were all rescue's and had problems so there home was to comfort them and keep them well. One was blind so he had to stay in his fenced area and the another had been abused so she only trusted me and my dad and could not be taken out in public. Still, I hate to say I think it's going to be a fashion pack again.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    "I took the train to visit the sea today. My husband doesn't know. Ever since we moved to Senbamachi, I can tell something is... off. The leaves are beautiful and it's much quieter. I think the fresh air is good for the children, but is it good for my husband and me? - J"
    this one gives me an occult vibe is a sim town

Sounds like another beach world. Is there a link or did a Guru mention it?

It was in one of the bottles in the game the person in the message says they think something is off
    that says occult to me maybe a new beach world is coming @catloverplayer
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    "I took the train to visit the sea today. My husband doesn't know. Ever since we moved to Senbamachi, I can tell something is... off. The leaves are beautiful and it's much quieter. I think the fresh air is good for the children, but is it good for my husband and me? - J"
    this one gives me an occult vibe is a sim town

Hmm, I think the "J" probably refers to Jenna Akiyama and her husband (perhaps whom she suspects still has feelings for his old flame Megumi, who is married to Kado Ito) and their children, as the Akiyama family supposedly fairly recent moved to Senbamachi. I think the "visit the sea" part is probably a generic reference, as she'd have needed to be at some sea shore to throw a message in a bottle in the first place. Sadly, I'm not feeling any occult vibes in all that.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member

These are *exactly* my thoughts! Great minds think alike :mrgreen::wink:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    BL5036BL5036 Posts: 53 Member
    Maybe it could be a gameplay pack about school, but i don't think they will do a new pack soon after MWS
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Are we going to get a pirate adventure of some sort or even visit a space pirate's world? In that case they shoes could be space shoes. So many allusions to pirates in those bottles.
  • Options
    ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    edited April 2022
    "Moonlit Musings~ "I often gaze up at the moon and wonder if there is more to life. I just want to change myself, for better or worse".

🤔 🕵️ Based on the bottle messages, warewolves or generations might be coming! I would expect a generations pack around May, around mother's day maybe?
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Got to thinking about those shoes. The only ones I've ever thought marvelling at were the ones worn in the 1980s by the bands at the time and performers like Elton John, Glossy, with platform soles and all. It would be fantastic if the pack were the band/music pack at last.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    I hope we won't have to wait until November/December for Generations...
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    If we don't get a Generations pack in June or July I'm hoping it will be either Resorts or a Romance Pack or prehaps both. Remember Wedding Stories is just about weddings not a Dating Pack and also we need Hotels and Resorts really bad.
  • Options
    gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    edited April 2022
    I think fairytalls or generations is next but I've been wrong before
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I think supernatural might be next. There have allready been hints on various occults and we just got a game pack so they wont be releasing another right after the previous one.
  • Options
    gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    I think supernatural might be next. There have allready been hints on various occults truth is there have been a lot of fairy hints so hopfully that is a sing of an supernatural Ep
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    When Is the next pack due?
  • Options
    HillOfTaraHillOfTara Posts: 31 Member
    > @Behappy1st said:
    > When Is the next pack due?

No one knows for sure, we'll find out in May :)
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Do we have any idea what is coming out next? Like, stuff pack maybe?
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I thought they would've announced something by now.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    JestTru wrote: »
    I thought they would've announced something by now.

They said the next roadmap will be announced in May
    Check out my twitter and tumblr