Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They're already teasing about the next pack (The gurus are hinting heavily today)

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I'll take any pack with really pretty shoes and boots. It's nice that they are adding more. I loved the new sandals they added with the wedding pack.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    HillOfTara wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure (no evidence though!) That it'll be generations.

(Baby) shoes, baby showers, mentoring scenario, loads of family/kid references in the bottles in MWS.

Also the MWS trailer that showed memories etc.

Can you show us the bottle messages? I am really intrigued.
  • justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    Maybe news this week?
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Maybe news this week?

Hopefully, I'm predicting this week or next week they'll announce something. They'll probably release the next timeline early next week.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2022
    Maybe news this week?

Doubtful. Their saving news for the Roadmap Next Month. Now I am expecting the Wedding Stories Patch Tomorrow or Thursday.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited March 2022
    Summer of Sims was announced on May 17, 2021 and a 6-month roadmap was posted on April 6, 2020 (no theme revealed).

Something can be announced during the next 7 weeks.

Q4 2022 Earnings Conference Call will be on May 10.

• HillOfTaraHillOfTara Posts: 31 Member
    > @Dakota88 said:
    > Can you show us the bottle messages? I am really intrigued.

https://simscommunity.info/2022/02/24/the-sims-4-message-in-a-bottle-collection-guide/

This link has all the bottled messages. There are a lot of memories/regrets/children talking about friends etc.

As I said, no evidence but that's the vibe I got!
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I really hope it is a family gameplay pack with updates to the life stages and a relationship / romance upgrade. If not, I just want a new occult pack like fairies or werewolves or zombies, or an animal pack with horses and unicorns.
  • SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    HillOfTara wrote: »
    > @Dakota88 said:
    > Can you show us the bottle messages? I am really intrigued.

https://simscommunity.info/2022/02/24/the-sims-4-message-in-a-bottle-collection-guide/

This link has all the bottled messages. There are a lot of memories/regrets/children talking about friends etc.

As I said, no evidence but that's the vibe I got!

I get that vibe too and I think it's interesting that the 2 children who write are 5 and 6 years old, the children in the game are more like 8-10.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Oh, I hope it's not a Wizard of Oz pack. The shoes made my mind go straight to Dorothy's ruby red slippers!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    Oh, I hope it's not a Wizard of Oz pack. The shoes made my mind go straight to Dorothy's ruby red slippers!

I'd take one if it came with an OZ World.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited March 2022
    "I took the train to visit the sea today. My husband doesn't know. Ever since we moved to Senbamachi, I can tell something is... off. The leaves are beautiful and it's much quieter. I think the fresh air is good for the children, but is it good for my husband and me? - J"
    this one gives me an occult vibe is a sim town
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    I have a feeling that the [Redacted] pack will bring us model and/or fashion designer career.

277003512_5156831994355829_3390645785997682763_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p180x540&_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=e3f864&_nc_ohc=QqjF68KfVi4AX9DYp5r&_nc_ht=scontent-waw1-1.xx&oh=00_AT-37VywxuVcNJEGloQ_jf56hXByyXM7y-9phQf_cM6q8g&oe=623E6FFE

Wait where did you get that?

This is the background from the official Facebook site.
  • wrathykinswrathykins Posts: 23 Member
    > @HillOfTara said:
    > > @Dakota88 said:
    > > Can you show us the bottle messages? I am really intrigued.
    >
    > https://simscommunity.info/2022/02/24/the-sims-4-message-in-a-bottle-collection-guide/
    >
    > This link has all the bottled messages. There are a lot of memories/regrets/children talking about friends etc.
    >
    > As I said, no evidence but that's the vibe I got!

Thanks for posting that, I didn't even know about the bottles! The message from Grim made me laugh :D I agree though, there's a big focus on memories and children, also a few of the messages focus on things they wish they had done...lots of focus on relationships too. I'm intrigued!
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I would love a Wizard of Oz pack with the land of Oz world, that would be so fun. I already have my Zelena Wicked witch & Dorothy household living in Henford.
  • CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    Considering the reaction to Journey to Batuu, I have doubts they'll literally feature the Wizard of Oz in Sims 4. A world that's based on it without literally being Oz isn't out of the question, though.
    "I took the train to visit the sea today. My husband doesn't know. Ever since we moved to Senbamachi, I can tell something is... off. The leaves are beautiful and it's much quieter. I think the fresh air is good for the children, but is it good for my husband and me? - J"
    this one gives me an occult vibe is a sim town

Sounds like another beach world. Is there a link or did a Guru mention it?
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited March 2022

Deleted.
  • spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    g01denswan wrote: »
    g01denswan wrote: »
    Honestly I think they should fix their recent packs first.

They work on multiple things at the same time. Obviously they are working on fixing packs as well. And these few tweets won't really consume that much of their time, on top of that it's weekend so there is a high chance they are tweeting in their free time, and free time means they are currently not working and it's not paid.

I didn't criticize their tweeting, I wanted to say that it doesn't make sense to add new gameplay content on top of mountains of broken old content. MWS has shown that something is fundamentally wrong with the game.

So what would make sense to you?

To free packs like MWS, Dream Decorator, Paranormal Stuff, Dine out, Outdoor Retreat (herbalism!) and GTW from game breaking bugs first. And of course base game issues like non-buildable rockets or all unharvested fruits going into the inventory when travelling.

While their bug fixers are fixing bugs, what do you suggest they have their employees that don’t work on bug fixing do?

It would be nice if the people not working on bug fixes and designing content for the game would focus on something other than popular media issues and fashion. It would be nice to see some game content that adds some meaning and real game play besides CAS. It would be nice to have something outside of what we already see everyday on TV or Instagram. Let us have something that includes using your imagination for a change.
  • spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    edited March 2022
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I really hope it is a family gameplay pack with updates to the life stages and a relationship / romance upgrade. If not, I just want a new occult pack like fairies or werewolves or zombies, or an animal pack with horses and unicorns.

LOL..I liked the idea of horses until I played with the chickens and Llama's. It ties up the entire Sim day to take care of them. Also where are You going to ride your horses? We already have very limited space on the lots and area's they gave us. Don't get me wrong I love Horses, I raised them IRL and they were not as much work IRL as taking care of Sim pets. If they would find a way to simplify it then it would be really fun, but the way the game works with everything else right now, I think they would be extremely buggy and time consuming to mess with and I have never seen "cute' shoes for horses and don't think the Dev's would be excited over it. It's going to be some kind of Fashion pack for sure.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    spend4zen wrote: »

LOL..I liked the idea of horses until I played with the chickens and Llama's. It ties up the entire Sim day to take care of them. Also where are You going to ride your horses? We already have very limited space on the lots and area's they gave us. Don't get me wrong I love Horses, I raised them IRL and they were not as much work IRL as taking care of Sim pets. If they would find a way to simplify it then it would be really fun, but the way the game works with everything else right now, I think they would be extremely buggy and time consuming to mess with and I have never seen "cute' shoes for horses and don't think the Dev's would be excited over it. It's going to be some kind of Fashion pack for sure.

I had to google cute shoes for horses and while no shoes came up, I found out that there's a whole industry dedicated to cute boots for horses. :lol:

2020-June-sell-sheet-CLB-Metallics.jpg
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

@spend4zen
    Oh you are so lucky you got to raise horses. :smiley: There is plenty of space on my large lots to ride them around in circles lol, but now that you mentioned cute horse shoes and @crocobaura found some cute horse boots :love: , I'm just going to hope for miniature sized horses and unicorns with cute shoes so I can take them inside the Sim's houses and keep them indoors like little pets. No more fashion packs please lol, it's time for horses or werewolves with cute shoes.
  • MrsGuillebeauMrsGuillebeau Posts: 4 New Member
    My money is on it being a StrangerVille refresh. All the [redacted] stuff is already present in the StrangerVille pack and that's what makes sense to me. I have no idea why the shoes discussion, but who knows, maybe they'll add a bunch of CAS items with some additional gameplay. That'd be fun.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

I had to google cute shoes for horses and while no shoes came up, I found out that there's a whole industry dedicated to cute boots for horses. :lol:

2020-June-sell-sheet-CLB-Metallics.jpg

Cavallos are cute and all, but Rennies are where it's at.

slide2.jpg

Except my gelding doesn't have them because his hooves are more suitably shaped for Scoot Boots and he has them for all 4.