Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: March 15, 2022 Neighborhood Stories and Mar. 31 & Apr. 1 Patches

Comments

• Options
    CandicelleCandicelle Posts: 29 Member
    Doublecheck MCCC is in the correct folder. Did you download or update something and forget to switch back to save it in your Sims 4 mods folder? It happens to a lot of us. Also, check your Downloads folder too, as that is the default save location; not sure on MAC, though, as I'm on Windows. I had a problem with two copies of Wonderful Whims; one was in my Saves folder, and I thought it was a mod doing it, but I did have a second copy; in my Saves folder, so I wasn't looking for it in the correct spot. Check to see if it is extracted; that's the only thing I can figure it might be, aside from being in the wrong folder that might give you that error.
  • Options
    Geralt_ofRiviaGeralt_ofRivia Posts: 126 Member
    @HazyTurtle14 Have you check to make sure script mods are enabled in your settings? The patch usually disables it by default. Just a thought, I’ve run into that problem before. It seems similar to what is happening in your game.
  • Options
    HazyTurtle14HazyTurtle14 Posts: 2 New Member
    Resolved the issue above by deleting the resource.cfg file! thanks anyway :)
  • Options
    ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    BatDood wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone was using TMex's Better BuildBuy and if it was working properly. There's no mention on the first page as to whether it's cleared, updated or broken and it's the last mod that I'm waiting for before updating. I suppose I could assume that since nobody has reported an issue that it's working fine but I hate making assumptions when updating. Thanks in advance.

Hey there! Yes, it's compatible! TMex cleared all of his public mods that didn't receive an update (All Scenarios, Tool, and now Clean UI - all others are fine).
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    @HazyTurtle14 Please go to one of the support forums listed on p. 1

Mod Updates
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,697 Member
    Broken CC
    • pbox_window-double-hung_rolled-glass_medium.package (plasticbox)
    • pbox_juiceblender (plasticbox)
    NOTE: It's looking a lot like many plasticbox items are broken. The creator has been inactive for many years. Please find replacements.

Also pbox_liberated_vehicles from plasticbox seems to be broken. If you have that file in your Mods folder, you game won't start at all.

@luthienrising Thanks for your hard work!
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Thanks @Bonxie!

Mod Updates
    Cleared by Creator
    • adeepindigo- mods not updated

Broken CC
    • pbox_liberated_vehicles (plasticbox)

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
    Hey all, I'm using mods that have been cleared but something isn't right in my game. For example my sim went to the romance festival and the goal to paint a painting randomly completed. Then she introduced herself to someone and instantly got the hurt sentiment. That person suddenly flipped to angry so I added him to family and there was no angry moodlet.

Mods I use are Kuttoe, Lifetime Aspirations, Miss Hissy, Personality Please, Sim Realist, Lumpinou, Wonderful Whims, Peridot and quite a few Biechen mods, Xml Injector and Go steady by Zero. Any ideas what to do?
  • Options
    @PurpleThistles Can you maybe start a new thread for that? If you call it something like "Which of my mods is making this drama?" it'll get attention from enough players to get you an answer!

Cleared by Creator
    • AndiRz - all mods

Mod Updates
  • Options
    TimbalanddTimbalandd Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey everyone,

I can't enter any lot! :neutral:
  • Options
    kc922kc922 Posts: 186 Member
    Hi all, is anyone having issues not being able to harvest large crops? I can harvest everything else. Thanks!
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Hi Everyone!

Ok so I'm having a bit of a nightmare and hoping someone here can help somehow!

I have downloaded the new MCCC and UI Cheats Extension and neither are working. I know the best place to go for MCCC support is discord however I am using a MAC and when I attempt to use any of the links to Deaderpool Discord, when I click accept invite, I get an error stating "Safari can’t open “discord:///invite-proxy/285367261374447616” becasue macOS doesn’t recognise internet addresses starting with “discord:”." When I go on to Deaderpool Discord direct, I can't send a message as it says I am not authorised to do so.

I was originally getting an error from MCCC when loading save game stating "MCCC Installation Error! The mc_cmd_center.package file is not installed correctly." I have since tried deleted and downloading again and I no longer get this message, just a blank orange box and a last exception error in the folder, and the MCCC menu is not available.

For UI Cheats Extension, no errors showing but the mod is not working in game.

I have used mods before, so know that they cannot be more than 1 subfolder deep etc..

It's driving me insane, would have gave up by now but they're such efficient mods haha.

Any help or advise where I can go for help would be greatly appreciated :)

MCCC has a help thread here on the forum: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread#latest

I have UI cheats v1.30 and it is working fine. I suggest you delete the mod and the localthumcache.package file and download and install it again.
  • Options
    MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    For anyone interested. Plasticboxes build items no longer work as we all know, but... much of their custom content works fine. This is to include:
    Activity Chair
    Appliance Teapot
    Bed Frames
    Blinds
    Bookcases
    Desks
    Cabinets
    Counters
    I just tested out these things and thought I would let everyone know in case they use some of these items. In addition the Juice blender was updated by Len over at Sims 4 Studio, and that one continues to work as well.
  • Options
    @Timbalandd and @kc922 Please see p. 1. Check the list here for updates. Check other places if you use 18+ mods. Test without your Mods folder. Do a 50-50. See the support servers listed there. This isn't a support thread.
    Thanks @Mendota ! I'm still going to encourage people to replace their pbox content, though. Easier to just ditch it all if your game won't open.

Mod Updates
  • Options
    CC Updates
  • Options
    TimbalanddTimbalandd Posts: 2 New Member
    I also got a error while I've tried to start my game. "Starting impossible", it refers to a piece of cc I have. But even after removing that piece out of my folder, I still can't play the game.
  • Options
    BFIrreraBFIrrera Posts: 38 Member
    Timbalandd wrote: »
    I also got a error while I've tried to start my game. "Starting impossible", it refers to a piece of cc I have. But even after removing that piece out of my folder, I still can't play the game.

Did you remove the localthumbcache.package?

• Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Hey so I think some person with the scree name sc0 and I don’t remember the rest, has broken cc. And I think greenllamas has broken cc as well. Because every time I put it back into my game the last exception error comes up. It’s only me that has tested it though.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @Timbalandd and @wylmite1986 Please follow the test instructions on p. 1 of this thread, and if those don't identify the broken content. If you have identified broken content following those specific instructions, please let me know the file name or item name and creator and the steps used to identify that content (so I can rule out CC/mod conflicts or game bugs). If you aren't able to identify the content, please go to one of the support servers linked on p. 1. This forum is not set up to be able to support looking at LEs etc., and this isn't a support thread.

Mod Updates
  • Options
    _sbstn_sbstn Posts: 1 New Member
    My game won't launch. I'm using a MacBook Pro 2020 (MacOS Monterey). I've already found out that it must be some mod-caused issue since the game works perfectly fine with an empty mods folder. I've tried to repair the games several times and also deleted the localthumbcache.package. I'm running out of ideas since I have about 10,000 cc mods (no actual game mods like tool etc). What can I do?
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    @_sbstn See the broken/updated mod and broken/updated CC lists on p. 1 to start. Definitely remove all content by pbox or plasticbox, delete localthumbcache, and try again. If it turns out not to have been a pbox file (or at least not only a pbox, see page 1 for instructions on how to do a 50-50 of your content. If you're still stuck, see p. 1 for links to support servers on Discord.

Mod Updates
    Cleared by Creators
    • lotharihoe - all mods not listed as updated or outdated
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    Oh for anyone wondering it sounds like the creator of slice of life is working on an update for the mod. She said on Twitter.
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    Mod Updates
    • TOOL (TwistedMexi) - to v.2.5
  • Options
    edited March 2022
  • Options
    Mod Updates

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top