Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Full Skilled Sim: Cas question, please

So I downloaded a beautiful vampire from the gallery, but it is an updated max skilled sim :s I want to play it but the full skilled stuff is a nuisance for me. So if I cloned it do the skills reset to zero (for the clone)??

Comments

• Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    No idea, but I'm pretty sure there's a cheat to reset all skills.
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    You can reset the skills to whatever you'd like them to be at. If you shift click the sim and go to cheat sim info there will be an option to set skill level and you enter anything from 1 to 10. A max skill sim will stay max skill unless you reset the skill levels individually. If there's a faster way, I haven't found it but some may know of an easier way.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Yes, cloning the sim will give you a zero skills clone. It's also less time consuming than resetting the skills if it's a maxed out sim because they also usually have a long list of reward traits you'd need to get rid of as well.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »
    Yes, cloning the sim will give you a zero skills clone. It's also less time consuming than resetting the skills if it's a maxed out sim because they also usually have a long list of reward traits you'd need to get rid of as well.

Nice! ^this^
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2022
    emere wrote: »
    So I downloaded a beautiful vampire from the gallery, but it is an updated max skilled sim :s I want to play it but the full skilled stuff is a nuisance for me. So if I cloned it do the skills reset to zero (for the clone)??

Make a twin in CAS and delete the original. You will need to redo outfits and hair/eyebrows. Weight/muscle sliders might differ too, so make a mental note of where they are.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    hmm...
    Post edited by Admiral8Q on
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    How do you 'clone' a sim with zero skills, please? that seems pretty vague advice and nowhere near as simple as you try to make it sound.

Personally, I hate max skilled Sims but I understand why they exist. Many creators work very hard on their Sims and then someone takes them and re-uploads them. Max skill ensures that the sim is only downloaded for the look, not the game play.
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited March 2022
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    How do you 'clone' a sim with zero skills, please? that seems pretty vague advice and nowhere near as simple as you try to make it sound.

I may be wrong, but I think they mean how you can import an existing sim into CAS using the "Add a Sim" button down in the lower left corner and then choosing to add a sim from your gallery.

Or maybe they mean using the clone machine (from GTW).
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options

Personally, I hate max skilled Sims but I understand why they exist. Many creators work very hard on their Sims and then someone takes them and re-uploads them. Max skill ensures that the sim is only downloaded for the look, not the game play.

In my opinion, game play is far more important than "looks" or "max skills".

I do often make or take or dl characters, then tweak their skills with the intention of releasing them as NPCs.

Max skill on everything is boring. Also doesn't make any sense. If a Sim character was actually played to max all skills, no cheats or mods used, I would be impressed. Especially with all the packs.

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options

Ok.
    Reticulating Splines....

To remove skills from a sim, you can do it manually. However the skills will go to level 1, not completely gone.
    You probably will need a mod like MC to forget all skills.

zzS2fgA.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Stormkeep wrote: »

I may be wrong, but I think they mean how you can import an existing sim into CAS using the "Add a Sim" button down in the lower left corner and then choosing to add a sim from your gallery.

Or maybe they mean using the clone machine (from GTW).

I did some research on this.
    It is not 'simple'.
    What you need is a Scientist that is able to do cloning.
    Then cloning a Sim will create an exact duplicate. The duplicate will have no skills. (Allegedly. I have not tested this)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @Admiral8Q Yah, that's why I said that I think maybe they meant the CAS-Cloning method, because there's nothing simple about using the cloning machine.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Cloning a sim should reset all skills. I agree it is more fun playing with a sim with not all skill maxed out. Hm... on the other hand, I don't think I ever had a fully skilled sim, might need to try that! :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited March 2022
    I downloaded a couple once that had maxed skills, a bunch of reward traits, several hundred thousand reward points and many promotions on top of their top-level career. They were really boring to play. There were a few skills they didn’t have from EPs, so I worked on those, but I had to use cheats to remove the reward traits because they never had to eat, pee, shower or sleep, and the nights were crawling by with nothing interesting to do.

Some people make Super Sims but I just think that waters down any unique abilities or interests they could have if they focused on skills that fit their personality or career choice.

So the clone button is in CAS where you can add sims using DNA, right? What a good thing to keep in mind if I get another of these nightmare sims.
  • Options
    The first time I got one, I didn't even know max skills was a thing on the Gallery. I kept noticing the sim just appeared from room to room. The Sim appeared in the kitchen and started cooking and I knew right away the cooking was maxed out. I open the skills and everything was 10. At least that explained the teleporting! The aspirations were all max'd too and he had like 119000 aspiration points. I was like "What a great looking sim that I have no reason to play with now...<delete>"

I didn't know that about the Clone machine though! Another good reason to play through another scientist and see if I have any max'd sims in the gallery I'd like to clone.
  • Options
    permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    You can clone in CAS by making a twin. You'll have to do the tedious process of updating all their outfits and makeup and such, but I think a twin is pretty much identical
  • Options
    You can clone in CAS by making a twin. You'll have to do the tedious process of updating all their outfits and makeup and such, but I think a twin is pretty much identical

Oh that's cool! I didn't realize it was an option when creating a Sibling using Genetics.

• Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited March 2022
    You see, things like this are annoying to deal with. So I created some highly requested CAS QoL improvements.
    Please check it out and give it your vote if you like. Devs said they're watching, so I suppose if enough people support it, we could see it in the game in the future. :smile:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/997947/cas-qol-improvements
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member
    edited March 2022
    Thanks @Arzekial @EmmaVane @permanentrose o:) yes I was talking about CAS cloning. Sorry I should be more specific about the question.

• Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

@Admiral8Q The cloning machine from GTW works different: a good clone will keep all the traits, rewards but zero skills. A evil clone will get different traits. But sadly the evil clone do not get the epic red eyes, anyone remember those? This cool feature has been broken for years :s

@Kerrigan beautiful super sims are ok if you want it to be a NPC, just to embellish the sims streets lol but they are useless for gameplay: yes, they are boring :p Also I do not think creators upload super sims to avoid players to "steal" their work, it is because people like them. (Yes, players should not reupload stuff, but I feel many players do this to keep lots, rooms and sims that they like safe at the gallery).
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited March 2022

This is what I usually do, then you can change the age and stuff afterwards if you want to. But sometimes I look for someone that has higher skills in certain areas, like a sim that has a 10 in cooking to make wedding cakes that don’t spoil, or to give my sims a maid, or cooks. Or, sometimes to download some celebrities. But, it would be nice to be able to change skill levels of any sim we want to in CAS without having to cheat. That way if would be easier to make any sim we want and give them pre skill levels like for NPC’s and stuff.
  • Options
    SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,929 Member
    OMG i tend populate my town w full skill sims mostly and the main reason for having full skill sims is only for the range of actions a sim can do. Like craft a guitar when your at level 10 handiness. More options on the computer, more cupcakes flavors, etc etc but the stats.set_skill_level cheat allows you to bring them all down to 1.
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • Options
    emere wrote: »

@Kerrigan beautiful super sims are ok if you want it to be a NPC, just to embellish the sims streets lol but they are useless for gameplay: yes, they are boring :p Also I do not think creators upload super sims to avoid players to "steal" their work, it is because people like them. (Yes, players should not reupload stuff, but I feel many players do this to keep lots, rooms and sims that they like safe at the gallery).

One of my favorite Sim creators makes a lot of Celeb sims and I downloaded a huge chunk of his gallery. I got in the game and found they were all max skilled which bummed me out. I just happened to ask him about it one of the comment sections and he said he uploaded them max'd out to cut back on people reuploading. Given how many times his stuff gets uploaded by others, it doesn't really slow people down, I still see people reuploading and every once in a while he goes on a tirade about how he's done uploading sims because everyone steals them lol
    OMG i tend populate my town w full skill sims mostly and the main reason for having full skill sims is only for the range of actions a sim can do. Like craft a guitar when your at level 10 handiness. More options on the computer, more cupcakes flavors, etc etc but the stats.set_skill_level cheat allows you to bring them all down to 1.

That's an interesting way to play it! Ever since Eco Living bugs trashed my main saves, I start over pretty often and there are times when getting through the tediousness of building up robotics again or music skills can get really boring. I always play through cooking because it goes up so fast anyway. It's ok to start a fire once in a while haha!