Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Birth Stories Game Pack

Comments

• Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    My reaction... yawn.... I guess it will be nice to build better nurseries... now, how do I side step all this gameplay I don't want...

Well, you could just age them up….. lol. I wouldn’t mind baby dragons either, but I would rather have real sim babies first.

That's just it, I don't want to age them up early. I like having 2-3 days where my new parents can develop a few points in parenting skill without my having to juggle a toddler's needs. Thus why "improved babies" will disrupt my gameplay, because I'm expecting to either be forced to include whatever new gameplay comes with them, or skip the early stages of developing the parenting skill.

I've resigned myself to it happening, it doesn't mean I have to like it.

I guess I just kind of enjoy the challenge of being able to do more with babies. I can’t really see as there would be much extra to do putting them in a swing or laying them on a blanket on the floor. I don’t think a sim should be forced to use the changing table, just like we aren’t forced to use a dresser. But for those who want the game play they could have it. I could see a bit extra work bathing a baby though. But taking care of babies in the sims 2, I thought was fun.

If "improved babies" consists of being able to move them somewhere else and otherwise their needs and interactions are more or less unchanged, I'll be good with that.

If "improved babies" means that babies now have skills to develop or have more required interactions to raise them, that is going to change how I play in ways I don't want.

Most people asking for Improved Babies seem to want the later. It's a challenge I dealt with once IRL, and that was enough for me.

I do want more interactions with babies, singing them to sleep, changing their clothes, taking them out on a stroller, using different types of food on baby bottles, bathing them and more furniture for both babies and toddlers like changing tables, strollers, baby bathtubs -or bathing them on the kitchen sink- activity mats...

I don't think babies should have the ability to gain new skills but some bonus, like improved relationships with family or a reward trait if they've been cared for, would be nice.
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    I think this would be a cool idea! i like the sims 2, where the babies can move freely, and aren't tied to the crib. They could have tons of options like make a changing table should they want to, make cribs, and some various play for babies. For instance, i liked in TS2 where the babies can take a bath in the sink.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    It's only logical that should be the next update. Release the babies! :D

I'm still not over the fact that The Sims Mobile has better babies than the current paid version.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I don’t mind or care about skills. I just want freed babies and being able to take the babies everywhere (off the home lots and such) and interact with the babies in more various ways.

Freeplay does a bit of this already, from what I’ve seen of the babies.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    My thoughts might well make me a target for stoning, but oh well. The only reason I'd actively support babies being improved would be to allow me to be able to move them out for another household to "adopt" (or in some cases delete them) without having to age them up first. I have no interest in playing with the infant life-stage at all even when any of the sims I play ever do raise a family.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    I'd buy it but I love family gameplay <3
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited February 2022
    My reaction... yawn.... I guess it will be nice to build better nurseries... now, how do I side step all this gameplay I don't want...

Well, you could just age them up….. lol. I wouldn’t mind baby dragons either, but I would rather have real sim babies first.

That's just it, I don't want to age them up early. I like having 2-3 days where my new parents can develop a few points in parenting skill without my having to juggle a toddler's needs. Thus why "improved babies" will disrupt my gameplay, because I'm expecting to either be forced to include whatever new gameplay comes with them, or skip the early stages of developing the parenting skill.

I've resigned myself to it happening, it doesn't mean I have to like it.

I guess I just kind of enjoy the challenge of being able to do more with babies. I can’t really see as there would be much extra to do putting them in a swing or laying them on a blanket on the floor. I don’t think a sim should be forced to use the changing table, just like we aren’t forced to use a dresser. But for those who want the game play they could have it. I could see a bit extra work bathing a baby though. But taking care of babies in the sims 2, I thought was fun.

If "improved babies" consists of being able to move them somewhere else and otherwise their needs and interactions are more or less unchanged, I'll be good with that.

If "improved babies" means that babies now have skills to develop or have more required interactions to raise them, that is going to change how I play in ways I don't want.

Most people asking for Improved Babies seem to want the later. It's a challenge I dealt with once IRL, and that was enough for me.

Well I had two babies, and I don’t remember having to actually teach them skills…. Lol. They learn to roll over by themselves ….. they learn to scoot around on the floor, maybe bounce around in a walker when they are older, learn to focus on objects, but it’s not really teachable stuff when they are that young…. Just talking to babies is teaching them, that’s how they pick up words. And, I think we already have a talk interaction. I just want them to be a bit more like real babies not tied to a crib…. Give them a life…. Lol.

I realize all people play differently, some enjoy occults, or killing sims ( my youngest daughter used to figure out ways to kill her sims when she was 8 or 9 and she used to like to make sims with large eyes. Others like to play with families, still others like to send their sims on adventures, others like to play the single life….Some people like to play all of them, and many other ways I probably didn’t even think of mentioning. I do think freeing babies and making packs for them would go over pretty well by many people.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    I’d love a birth stories pack to cover both pregnancy and infancy.

For pregnancy, having more interactions such as partner reading or singing to belly, autonomous rubbing own belly, getting check ups or ultrasounds using the Get to Work pack, having some pregnancy poses for photography from the Moschino pack, having a baby shower, gender reveal party (even though I think they’re silly irl), having Sims make a birth plan (ie. going to the hospital vs staying home, breastfeeding vs bottle feeding, etc.), allowing pregnant Sims to do yoga without mods, take a parenting/prenatal class, and designing a nursery using Dream Home Decorator.

For babies, obviously free them babies. Having a changing station, cribs, strollers, playpens, bouncers, and baby monitors would be cool. Being able to practice tummy time or kangaroo care. Being able to talk to other Sims or sit while holding your baby… this drives me nuts with toddlers. Rocking in a chair. Definitely more nursery stuff. Our options are so limited.

I know this style of gameplay isn’t for everyone but it’s super important for me as someone who plays family stories.
  • Options
    Cary1213Cary1213 Posts: 91 Member
    I would like if the babies had the same traits as toddlers. And you can create them in CAS and change their outfits and hair. Babies are the only ones who don't get any clothes or furniture . And they desperately need more items in base game they only have one bassinet. And if you want to age them up cook them a cake.
    SvgJRlK.png
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited February 2022
    Cary1213 wrote: »
    I would like if the babies had the same traits as toddlers.

I don't think.
    The babies are anxious (where are my parents ?), laughing, talkative, heavy sleeper or calm.

• Options

I don't think.
    The babies are anxious (where are my parents ?), laughing, talkative, heavy sleeper or calm.

I don't think.
    its not gonna be exactly how toddler traits work. In the sims 3 babies are born with traits that are randomize by how the pregnancy went. That would be a good thing to bring back. Having a good pregnancy you get a good trait and having a bad pregnancy you get a bad trait. I miss the random traits the baby gets after its born.
    SvgJRlK.png
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited February 2022
    I would be down for this if it also Included updating/overhaul on occult babies/children.
    Sims 3 vampire toddlers could “bite” their toys. I want to see my merbaby/toddler have a tail when I bath them, or spell caster baby to cast spells depending on their mood (if they’re starving they maybe can conjure an apple, or mad they start a fire). This doesn’t even have to happen as often, maybe just occasionally or rarely. There could be potential for a update not only for realism but occult players too.
  • Options
    I made this last year when i was thinking about how CAS would look like for Babies

FYdPzKg.png
    SvgJRlK.png
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited February 2022
    I made this last year when i was thinking about how CAS would look like for Babies

FYdPzKg.png

Yes! I hate that babies are bald. Not all babies are born bald so having a CAS for them would be great. I hope this comes true one day
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    ... On paper, I am sure it would be fine, but I am not sure how much of a detailed birth I want in the game. The name takes me back to watching My Baby Story as a kid with my mom and it giving me goosebumps.

That being said, I'll try not to judge it too prematurely from the name.
  • Options
    Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    This would probably only need to be a stuff pack, in my opinion, but I'd like the addition of baby showers and for them to improve the overall look and functionality of babies (including being able to change their clothes beyond just the knitted options). New nursery styles and decor would be nice. I will say though that I don't really see this happening since they've had plenty of time to improve babies and haven't done so.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Hi,

Once the sims are married the next step is a baby.
    Maxis could do a gameplay in order to prepare the arrival of the newborn.

It would also be an opportunity to update the baby life stage.

How would you react to this theme ?

Why not. They created a boring Wedding GP why not a Baby GP? They could do the whole step by step preparations. Going to an adoption agency to pick out a baby, (like going to the kiosks to pick out the food for the wedding) There, gameplay almost complete. Or if the couple has the baby the old fashioned way, they could also have a baby naming process where one of the parents or both have to decide on a name...there, another part of gameplay finished. They could make the parents pick a godmother or godfather..or some other name and that person throw a baby shower before the birth or adoption. There, that takes care of the 'partying before the wedding gameplay'. Baby shower gameplay finished.
    Then on the big day all the family could go to the hospital (including grandparents or others) to watch the baby be born or run over to the kiosk to pick up the baby for adoption. There, total GP finished. Wasn't that fun?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    I know you can do this with MCCC but adding a in game way to check your pregnancy. And see what your having at the hospital (if you have get to work).
    SvgJRlK.png
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Hi,

Once the sims are married the next step is a baby.
    Maxis could do a gameplay in order to prepare the arrival of the newborn.

It would also be an opportunity to update the baby life stage.

How would you react to this theme ?

Why not. They created a boring Wedding GP why not a Baby GP? They could do the whole step by step preparations. Going to an adoption agency to pick out a baby, (like going to the kiosks to pick out the food for the wedding) There, gameplay almost complete. Or if the couple has the baby the old fashioned way, they could also have a baby naming process where one of the parents or both have to decide on a name...there, another part of gameplay finished. They could make the parents pick a godmother or godfather..or some other name and that person throw a baby shower before the birth or adoption. There, that takes care of the 'partying before the wedding gameplay'. Baby shower gameplay finished.
    Then on the big day all the family could go to the hospital (including grandparents or others) to watch the baby be born or run over to the kiosk to pick up the baby for adoption. There, total GP finished. Wasn't that fun?

I have to say I actually like the idea of picking a God parent for your baby!
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I think it would be hard to pass this as a whole GP bc I think freeing the babies would be a basegame update which kind of throws your selling point. It could be instead spun as a birthday game pack. It could include pre-birth events like a baby shower with all the much needed baby gear. It could have a party around the move to toddler stage with a first birthday type party including a smash cake. Ability to have birthday parties where you have the option to age sims up or not so you can do multiple birthday parties within each life stage. It would also be cool to add in the tween life stage. Kids could have sleepover parties. They could add more things to birthday parties like magicians, clowns, princesses, and maybe strippers for the grown up parties. Other themes could include pool parties. Expanded birthday cakes/cupcakes. Could have a special 40s style over the hill party when going from young adult to adult. Ability to have golden birthdays for elders. This would give the opportunity to also expand on everyday objects like more outdoor furniture, pool items, playground items, group activities etc.
    Add in a beautiful world for stroller pushing and I think we could have a nice gp.
  • Options
    MichelleW wrote: »
    I think it would be hard to pass this as a whole GP bc I think freeing the babies would be a basegame update which kind of throws your selling point. It could be instead spun as a birthday game pack. It could include pre-birth events like a baby shower with all the much needed baby gear. It could have a party around the move to toddler stage with a first birthday type party including a smash cake. Ability to have birthday parties where you have the option to age sims up or not so you can do multiple birthday parties within each life stage. It would also be cool to add in the tween life stage. Kids could have sleepover parties. They could add more things to birthday parties like magicians, clowns, princesses, and maybe strippers for the grown up parties. Other themes could include pool parties. Expanded birthday cakes/cupcakes. Could have a special 40s style over the hill party when going from young adult to adult. Ability to have golden birthdays for elders. This would give the opportunity to also expand on everyday objects like more outdoor furniture, pool items, playground items, group activities etc.
    Add in a beautiful world for stroller pushing and I think we could have a nice gp.

I would love to be able to have birthday parties without aging the sim up!
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I'd totally buy such a pack.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Does it have to be a human baby? Surely you can give birth to a dragon, or lay a dragon egg.

😂 😂 😂
  • Options
    ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    If it comes with an update freeing the babies I'm all in, but what I'd really like to see is babies being their own customizable life stages.
    If the pack would include this, surrounding the thematic of giving birth, baby showers, becoming new parents, and everything pre and post birth - baby stage, I'd love it.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited March 2022
    I think it sounds more suited to a stuff pack. I really like the theme of holding a baby shower and it being about parenting. Baby Shower Stuff Pack?

Babies would need to be freed from the crib though so there was more interactions available.

I like the idea of adding other births like dragons! 😂 Maybe that could be a random chance if the preparations go awry!
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞