Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Do You Want Most Out Of A Wedding Pack?

So, it's been pretty strongly hinted that we will be getting a wedding pack shortly. Which of course means a ton of different things that we could be getting added to the game. From CAS options, BB options, Gameplay options, there's a lot of things that could come. So I'm curious as to what people are most excited for out of this gamepack! Please keep in mind that nothing about the pack has been confirmed, we don't know if anything will or won't be in the pack! It's just some possibilities!

https://youtu.be/cMcMg862nPQ

What Do You Want Most Out Of A Wedding Pack? 148 votes

Build/Buy Items (wedding arches, chairs, etc)
0%
Lizzychicago 1 vote
CAS Items (dresses, tuxedos, rings, etc)
1%
snoepjes1210YBNS2468 2 votes
Attraction System
38%
rudy8292OolonglongCabelle1863CamkatimhappyjustChrisUkSnuffyBucketheiblumebobbleheadsmommyMagdaleenaloubyloulouKironidesimmietimeKhrisstynebrookiepeoplesgraventheHarukotyanMyrrindrabixtersbenson2006 57 votes
Online Dating
1%
DarcVader1jennieeffin 2 votes
New Romantic World
14%
alan650111goodcakebaker62taydevjcp011c2rjssimRedShoe7GrumpyGlowfishMrsC1990SERVERFRAAmapola76RememberJoyjomilejGeralt_ofRiviaRouensimsDaWaterRatElliandreEternalSunshinefae_brassArcaBenjamilian 22 votes
Slow Dancing
16%
crocobauraBluegayleKita5399Erja888Mariefoxprice83KatAnubisYautjagirlmueller_litesireneilesPiutsikiDaraviLadyKynGracieO312LaruhellEnkiSchmidtcomicsforlifeEvilyn_1007birdonawiremrs_starkeyRavenSpit 25 votes
Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties
2%
LeGardePourprerambahadoerLoanet 3 votes
Wedding Planning
4%
MichelleWsof2106QuaayAgentJuliaDaepheneSimsStarfishAenala 7 votes
New Townie Drama
0%
Peral 1 vote
Something not listed (comment below!)
18%
auroraael14StormkeepIsb917Charell88asa144simgirl1010catloverplayergreydonndavina1221deedles6412JEREMIABabykittyjadeChampandGirlieEmmaVaneannaliese39LatinaBunnyfilipomelChicklet453681scoed1227SeashoreLivia 28 votes

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Anything that adds gameplay. So more customisable wedding events (and pre-event things like hen/stag dos, cake tasting etc), attraction system, new interactions like slow dancing, holding hands while walking etc.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2022
    This is a tough one, as I want multiple things on that list like B/B, CAS, honeymoon world, and bachelor/bachelorette parties, etc.

Also, while I want an attraction system, I feel that an attraction system should be in a base game patch. Maybe online dating, too.

I feel I need more general romance interactions and attraction stuff patched into the base game and some more in-depth wedding-related gameplay added for a wedding pack.
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    The ability to make up my own kind of ceremony in any location I wish, without requirements for things that I might not wish to use in every case (wedding cakes, arches, certain musical instruments, certain types of clothing, etc). If I could do that, I might actually do a wedding or two in my game sometimes. But I doubt that'll happen, so the best I could hope for would be a much wider array of romantic interactions. Of course, I'd want that much in any case, but I wouldn't want it locked behind having weddings.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member
    New Romantic World
    I would like a new romantic world. That could include some of the options above such as CAS and Build/Buy cause a new world means a new aesthetic or cultural inspiration. I also hope we can get more types of weddings cause the westernized secular ceremony is cute but I know they can do more
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    I'd love a matchmaker career. :)
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I bet an R&B need to come to the base game as a pre-game pack update
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    New Romantic World
    I'll be honest not really feeling that excited for a wedding pack, in general terms. Of course we haven't seen anything (or have actual confirmation) so this is just a "right now" opinion. I feel like for me a new world would be the thing that swayed me to get this the most.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited February 2022
    Attraction System
    The main thing I'm hoping for an attraction system. I truly don't see a wedding pack adding much to my game without it besides the chance of couples dancing together but this is Sims 4 slow dancing and Sims actually interacting with each other may be too much to hope for.
    Post edited by ChadSims2 on
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Being able to customize wedding events, in terms of how the ceremony goes, having a wedding party, inviting Sims from both sides of the marriage regardless of who initiates the event, having more elements to it like a first dance, and having it work functionally, like the guests actually sit down to watch and participate in the ceremony. I also want group pictures!! Tired of going around taking selfies with all the guests, and the wedding pictures of the couple always being selfies.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Romance, not just weddings!

I could care less about CAS and BB stuff. Weddings are over in no time, and guests don't even sit and watch the nuptuals generally.

What happens after the big event is over? Are our sims gonna still act the same? Flirting with whoever regardless of them supposedly taking a vow of some kind, not any type of cuddling in bed when sleeping with your your partner you just married but instead acting like you're in bed with a stranger or your sibling and you're afraid to touch? Are the players still having to initiate all proposals or asking to be boyfriend/girlfriend?

Weddings are not enough for me personally. I need more romance options than can be used EVERY DAY.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I want romance. More types of kisses with new animations, cuddling on the bed, attraction system, slow dance, and different ways to propose. I'm sure I can think of a bunch of other things but what I want in a game pack is more gameplay.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    Slow Dancing
    I'm not interested in a wedding pack, even romance isn't that high on my list of wishes. The only thing I wanted for a long time is slow dancing (and more dances in general). Hoping it'll get patched into basegame is probably too much.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Slow Dancing
    1. Slow dancing
    2. Attraction system
    3. Online dating/matchmaker
    4. CAS (wedding dresses, rings, hairstyles)
    5. New world
  • Options
    JoybearrJoybearr Posts: 117 Member
    I, too, am not interested in a Wedding Pack. In the sense that I don't want new Romance content to be limited to that. Major improvements regarding weddings in a Romance GP? Hell YEAH!

I'd expect a lot of CAS/BB content but also would love a proper attraction system, Wedding planning, Slow-dancing, Honeymoons, Group pictures, Parental blessings, etc.

Also, I'd also like there to be some inclusion of non-western cultures!
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    New Romantic World
    For my wants, a new World comes first, followed by Build Buy, then CAS, then an Attraction system ... if it's done "right" - that is, a mix of physical characteristics, traits, and likes/dislikes that can be chosen by the player and are assigned in a logical fashion to Townies and Premades rather than randomly - For example, I don't want Don Lothario all of a sudden deciding he doesn't like Redheads. (For what little headcannon I have for that household, hair color should not be a criteria at all in whom Don decides to pursue.)

The rest of the options are fine, as long as I can also ignore them. :)
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    New Romantic World
    I would love all those things on your list of course, but if I have to choose just one than for sure it will be a new world to explore with new lots to build on/live in. :smile:

After that though, I definitely hope for a bridal veil, wedding crowns, new hair, new dresses, new desserts/cakes/beverages, slow dances/ball dances, an attraction system, a matchmaker, a dating app, and new romantic socials.
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    Attraction System
    If there is no attraction system, I don't think the upcoming love pack will work. I think it's a very important part when it comes to romance.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2022
    Lots of new romantic interactions. That's were we re lacking. That's not to say though that I don't want the other stuff on the list cause I do all of it especially the buy build stuff eg

Vibrating Heart Shaped Bed
    Heart Shaped Hottub
    Heart Shaped Bathtubs and Sinks
    Heart Shaped Fireplace
    Heart Shaped Photobooths
    Lips Sofa
    Love Tester Machine

These would be perfect objects for making Honeymoon Suites.
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    Attraction System
    Attraction system
    Matchmaking or setting up other couples
    Bridal hairstyles
    Mother of the bride & flower girl outfits
    Indian style bridal wear
    Ghanian style bridal wear
    Cultural traditions like jumping the broom
    Assigning a bridal party with dresses & color themes
    LGBTQ tuxes with rainbow pocket squares
    Officiant clothes!
    Slow dancing
    Family moments & interactions (parents crying at wedding, hugs, bridesmaids being jealous)

And finally...

Stripper Cake.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Slow Dancing
    I want it all actually well except for the townie drama. That doesn't appeal to me at all. I chose the slow dancing because I miss it. Tired of my sims dancing all over the place and not even looking at whoever they are supposedly dancing with. Time for them to get up close and personal. Plus a honeymoon location would be awesome. Mind i would probably use Sulani over and over again for that anyways. :wink:
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    New Romantic World
    I don't care much about weddings or romance in general in my game, but I reckon a pack like this is likely to come with a beautiful new world, and that's what I'm looking forward to.

Of course, there have been packs in the past with themes that didn't interest me at first, but were implemented in a way that made me change my mind, so I won't say no to new romantic gameplay right away, but since we really don't know anything about that yet, the first thing that comes to my mind is the potential new world.
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    A relatively straightforward divorce mechanism, maybe with pre-nuptial agreements.

-- I know weddings are a big day and all that. But you have to make allowances just in case the marriage collapses in a screaming heap.
  • Options
    BL5036BL5036 Posts: 53 Member
    Attraction System
    Electric Chapel
    Saying no at the altar /run away
    Bachelorette parties
    Asking a friend to give a speech
    Ask parents for their daughter/son hand
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    Slow Dancing
    I have the attraction system from the ww mod, so I don't need it extra. So slow dancing would be my favorite, with a bonus of child and parent dancing like in sims 3. More variation of bride clothes with the option to choose them by themed. It was kind of frustrating when I wanted to make an tropical island wedding and all I got was the standard wedding clothes. They are nice, no offense, but I was disappointed. Obviously I have never figured out, how to change them in advanced.
    Cultural traditions like jumping the broom
    Now you have mentioned, I want that too, like breaking china ware and the couple has to clean it together.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I want just about all of it. An attraction system needs to be optional so that we can match our own sims, but yes, an optional and complex system would interest me. Customizable weddings and newer, more varied animations would be important. I'd love a romantic world too especially in a larger pack. If they make it detailed and tone down the silliness or keep that optional, I'll be happy.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.