Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Pack Coming?

Comments

• Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Kironide wrote: »
    I know, but if you want RnB music in your game, in the meantime you could add it yourself.
    Meantime?!
    Look! Next month will be February, so if The Sims team cannot bring R&B back to The Sims 4, it'll never make it same as TS2 and TS3. OMG, I cannot believe I'm saying, but... TS4 needs to be more like... TS2, they have diverse radio stations on the list like this
    • Metal
    • Jazz
    • New Age
    • World

New Wave, reggae, oldies/rockabilly are the only ones that are not coming yet or not
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I agree that many things are missing from the Sims 4, but its not over yet, so who knows... Maybe this time its RnB. If not, then you can add it yourself.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Cmon Microsoft store, give us more leaks
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    Nothing from TheSims on twitter today.
    Great! Now I'm bored
    Focus on manifesting dragons, that's fun. And if enough of us will it, they'll surely come.
    Look! I know you always wanted dragons, but I'm not sticking around focusing on them right now, OK? All I wanted is an R&B music back to the base game, and it hasn't been added in years ago during the work of all content packs of The Sims 4

Oh no no, that’s not how these things work. Time slots will be dedicated to each wish, but we do have to support each other, otherwise it’s unfair.
    If say, between 9Am and 10AM it is indeed R&B radio station Manifestation Focus hour , ALL of us will focus together on a R&B radio station for 60 minutes straight.
    After that, Dragons require our utmost attention during their assigned focus slot between 11Am and 2PM.
    A Bodyhair menu - just to mention something random - deserves focus time between 2PM & 7PM. Again, It’s essential for EVERYBODY’s minds to be fully committed to this.
    The Werewolves and bands and cars meditation slot will be between 7PM and….sure why not - 8Am in the morning. Remember it requires a collective effort to will this extremely important content into existence.

Between 8Am and 9Am we shall eat and rest. After that the cycle begins all over again.
    I believe we can do this, trust me. I trust in all of us. ❤️
    WTH you mean?

I’m happy to transfer all data onto an excel sheet for a clearer overview if you wish. Before I do that however, some of us need to compromise.

I firmly believe that this upcoming wedding pack will be shipped with a selection of romantic interactions, although I think our romantic interaction focus group deserves a time slot just in case, therefore we’ll have to shift our focus from RnB radio station meditation (9AM to 10 AM) to romantic interaction manifestation meditation. BUT, in order to keep things run smoothly - and since it suits that particular theme - we will all listen to RnB during that hour, if that makes sense?
    Either way, it’ll all work out, don’t worry about it. 😉
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I’m so excited to learn about the pack, gaaah, can’t wait! 🤗

Some of my wants and offhand guessing predictions:
    1) B/B and CAS wedding stuff (this is a gimmie)

2) Maybe some customization of the wedding details, like how the table is made up or something. I saw this one Sims 4 feature (which I never noticed) where Sims set up the table in a certain style, and maybe that is in preparation for this wedding pack? (Wedding style tables or set-up details?)

3) Wedding recipes? More buffet styles tables?

4) Being able to invite family and friends?

5) Online dating

6) Honeymoon destination or setting up of honeymoon times

7) Base game update: attraction system?

8) Matchmaker?

9) Arranged marriages?

10) Base game: better or smoother coding of guests?

11) More wedding traditions (ie: tie the knots, drink from cups/dishes, etc). Some international traditions could be included as well.

12) Base game interactions: slow dancing or partner dancing

13) More base game: more couple/romantic interactions

14) My personal bonus: Cupid occult or love spells…

Yikes, I do not want arranged marriags. I'm all for respecting cultures and traditions, but I cannot support out dated sexist traditions, and I don't want them anywhere near my sims game.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I agree that many things are missing from the Sims 4, but its not over yet, so who knows... Maybe this time its RnB. If not, then you can add it yourself.

Last I checked adding your own music to custom music was buggy. For starters it wasn't as loud and sometimes when youd cut off the radio you'd still hear the music.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Some simmers have commented a Party for Love means a Wedding Party but I'm hoping it can also mean a Singles Party aka matchmaker throws a Singles Party to hook up single sims.
  • Options

Last I checked adding your own music to custom music was buggy. For starters it wasn't as loud and sometimes when youd cut off the radio you'd still hear the music.

yeah, but its better than not having the option at all.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022

2) Maybe some customization of the wedding details, like how the table is made up or something. I saw this one Sims 4 feature (which I never noticed) where Sims set up the table in a certain style, and maybe that is in preparation for this wedding pack? (Wedding style tables or set-up details?)

5) Online dating

8) Matchmaker?

9) Arranged marriages?

11) More wedding traditions (ie: tie the knots, drink from cups/dishes, etc). Some international traditions could be included as well.

Yikes, I do not want arranged marriags. I'm all for respecting cultures and traditions, but I cannot support out dated sexist traditions, and I don't want them anywhere near my sims game.

Okay, I come from a culture that has quinceañera celebrations and some folks may think that as “out dated/sexist”, so it’s just more of a cultural thing. Some folks think having weddings (or some wedding traditions in general) is a outdated thing or some parts are sexist, but a lot of folks still do traditional weddings.

Just give us the OPTIONS, just like the pronouns and many other stuff! I want to add some drama stuff or a variety of romance stuff to my own Sims stories.

Of course, I could easily just replace it with match-making system, and just have parents do it use that system. 😉 I think a match-making system would be great to create some romantic stories and some dramatic happenings.

Anyway, I’m not going to debate anymore about this, since I think it’s more likely a match-making system would be something that would more likely be incorporated, and then I can adjust the system to create some romance stories, a couple of which has “arranged marriages”. :smile:
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member

I use custom music all the time and it works great. I do occasionally get some music that's quieter than the original in-game stuff, but that's due to the music file itself, not the way it's used. If it was ever buggy in the past, I never experienced that.

Additional note. I do have some R&B music in my game, but it often doesn't fit in with the existing radio stations from base game or the packs I own. I mostly put my R&B files in the Romance station, but they don't always fit well there, either.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    Some simmers have commented a Party for Love means a Wedding Party but I'm hoping it can also mean a Singles Party aka matchmaker throws a Singles Party to hook up single sims.

I would love a matchmaker system, for sure! I think an attraction thing like from Sims 2 can add to it, too.

Hope bachelor/bachlorette party stuff is included as well, but I’ll be fine, if not.
    (She/her)
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

5) Online dating

8) Matchmaker?

9) Arranged marriages?

who says its out dated not everyone wants to look for love
    or go through the trouble of dating some people believe love comes after marriage not before
    I think your just thinking of movies where people are forced to get marred against there wishes
    but the truth is in a lot of cases the families know each other well and in some cases the kids ask there parents to pick a husband or wife
    out for them its not something I would do myself but I can see why some people would. @Zeldaboy180
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2022

I have been using custom music for years with zero bugs. It really is a great option. I have music I separate into the different categories. It's so cool to hear my own songs at clubs.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options

I have been using custom music for years with zero bugs. It really is a great option. I have music I separate into the different categories. It's so cool to hear my own songs at clubs.

Thanks, I think its great option too. Perfect for adding your own custom wedding music, if getting hitched is your sims thing. :)
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

5) Online dating

8) Matchmaker?

9) Arranged marriages?

who says its out dated not everyone wants to look for love
    or go through the trouble of dating some people believe love comes after marriage not before
    I think your just thinking of movies where people are forced to get marred against there wishes
    but the truth is in a lot of cases the families know each other well and in some cases the kids ask there parents to pick a husband or wife
    out for them its not something I would do myself but I can see why some people would. @Zeldaboy180

Exactly this. It's popular in my culture and a lot of my friends got married through an arrangement. Everyone was consenting and is happily married now. My parents got married through an arrangement and are happily married for many long years. I personally did not want an arrangement and they were perfectly okay with that. I definitely would not mind this in game.
    There are some forced ones somewhere but there is bad and good in everything in life. And ts4 will be the most boring iteneration yet if it keeps running away from everything "bad"
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited January 2022

That sounds a very biased and not respectful at all. Arranged marriages ≠ forced marriage and there are many sucessful arranged marriages. Its just a cultural difference. It would be an optional feature anyways so its nothing for you to be upset about.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    Has this livestream happened yet? I'm in UK and have been out all day, was hoping to have All The Info by the time I switched my computer on.
  • Options
    GMT
    Reedfish wrote: »
    Has this livestream happened yet? I'm in UK and have been out all day, was hoping to have All The Info by the time I switched my computer on.

Not starting until 19.00 GMT
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,871 Member
    The Livestream starts at 11am PST.
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    Just realising the timezone I'm used to for the streams I watch, based in Texas, don't make sense for other places in the USA. America is too confusing. Thanks everyone, though.
  • Options
    edited January 2022

That sounds a very biased and not respectful at all. Arranged marriages ≠ forced marriage and there are many sucessful arranged marriages. Its just a cultural difference. It would be an optional feature anyways so its nothing for you to be upset about.

I don't care if it doesn't sound respectful, because I don't respect it.

ar·ranged mar·riage
    /əˈrānjd ˈmerij/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    a marriage planned and agreed to by the families or guardians of the bride and groom, who have little or no say in the matter themselves.

This doesn't sound optional to me 👀

I have no issues with families setting up partners for their children, who then get an actual say in the matter (and are not coersed into saying yes, there's a difference between consent and pressuring someone to consent reluctantly.)

I have an issue with a tradition based off of trading your daughter for a goat.

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

ar·ranged mar·riage
    /əˈrānjd ˈmerij/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    a marriage planned and agreed to by the families or guardians of the bride and groom, who have little or no say in the matter themselves.

I wouldn't believe everything that dictionary says.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

ar·ranged mar·riage
    /əˈrānjd ˈmerij/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun

The option would be whether or not you use it in your game. For some Simmers, they may want to have their parent sims arrange a marriage for the kids (when they're old enough of course) because that's the tradition in their culture. For others, they may want the drama of an unwelcome arranged marriage for their storytelling.

I wouldn't use it myself, but I wouldn't have a problem with it being an option.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

ar·ranged mar·riage
    /əˈrānjd ˈmerij/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun

The option would be whether or not you use it in your game. For some Simmers, they may want to have their parent sims arrange a marriage for the kids (when they're old enough of course) because that's the tradition in their culture. For others, they may want the drama of an unwelcome arranged marriage for their storytelling.

I wouldn't use it myself, but I wouldn't have a problem with it being an option.

It is also some people's cultures to not allow women to vote, to stone gays, for black people to not be allowed in restauraunts etc.

I will never support a system based off sexism, and even homophobia.

We've established though that forced marriages and having your parents help arrange one are not the same, one I am okay with, the other I am not. Consent is the big key.

I'm not gonna reply further about it though because I don't want to derail simgirls thread, my inboxes are always open to civil discussion.

There will most likely be match making that parents can do, which should be enough enough please people that want that aspect. We can already matchmake boyfriends and girlfriends, we just can't encourage marriage yet.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Either way, I think the match-maker system (and/or attraction system) is more likely to be put in, and then we can do whatever we like with it.

Now that we have the sort of story-progression(?)-neighborhood stories, and suggestion/influence options from some packs or updates (like the Talk up/Hook Up with… options) and blind dates (I think with Get Famous?), we are able to have more options to influence other sims, and a match-maker system and/or an attraction system could add to that. :smile:
    (She/her)