Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Pack Coming?

Comments

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,517 Member
    Wait, today is MLK day, probably nothing today and something tomorrow.

I was going to ask what MLK day is but my "friend" Google clarified that one for me.
    Happy MLK day everyone!

Unless EA has a super strict 'NO SHARING' protocol when it comes to these kind of Holidays it's still possible for the Sims team to share a teeny teaser. They can look at the twitter reactions in the morning, sheesh.
    Just share the darn thing Maxis.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,928 Member
    Unless EA has a super strict 'NO SHARING' protocol when it comes to these kind of Holidays it's still possible for the Sims team to share a teeny teaser. They can look at the twitter reactions in the morning, sheesh.

I don't think that's the issue so much as that it's a paid holiday for many workplaces. I have a lot of complaints these days about the direction of the game, but I still want the team to get all of their paid holidays! No need for them to lose out on a day of rest and reflection just so we don't have to wait one more day for a two minute trailer.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,360 Member
    Time for me to go back and check if they've ever shared a teaser on a holiday. :p
  • Options
    Amapola76 wrote: »

I don't think that's the issue so much as that it's a paid holiday for many workplaces. I have a lot of complaints these days about the direction of the game, but I still want the team to get all of their paid holidays! No need for them to lose out on a day of rest and reflection just so we don't have to wait one more day for a two minute trailer.

I disagree! If I was their Captain Boss I'd do everything in my mighty power to make my customers happy. If this involves making one of my employees push a button to share one tweeny teaser tweet, pushing that button is what they shall do, or they will suffer the consequences!
    They've had enough time to relax and reflect at the weekend.

This show must go on no matter what! We all have a dream! Simmers need answers! >:)
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Time for me to go back and check if they've ever shared a teaser on a holiday. :p
    Iirc they did it before, I think for get famous

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,532 Member
    Nothing from TheSims on twitter today.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Great! Now I'm bored
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited January 2022
  • Options
    Jackiester626Jackiester626 Posts: 5 New Member
    I know they won't reveal the pack, but I'm excited to hear more about the pronouns, complex sims, and maybe sneak a bit about when we'll be hearing more about the pack.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,063 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Great! Now I'm bored
    Focus on manifesting dragons, that's fun. And if enough of us will it, they'll surely come.
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    🐲🐲🐲🐲
  • Options
    NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    edited January 2022
    Edit: never mind,they @ Complex in the tweet.
    Happy simming!
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,360 Member
    Nushka wrote: »
    Complex Sims as in the Alfa CC creator Complex Sims or new additions about likes and dislikes and personality traits overhaul so that our Sims can become more complex beings?

The tweet links to the cc creator, ComplexSims.
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    Great! Now I'm bored
    Focus on manifesting dragons, that's fun. And if enough of us will it, they'll surely come.
    Look! I know you always wanted dragons, but I'm not sticking around focusing on them right now, OK? All I wanted is an R&B music back to the base game, and it hasn't been added in years ago during the work of all content packs of The Sims 4
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    I’m so excited to learn about the pack, gaaah, can’t wait! 🤗

Some of my wants and offhand guessing predictions:
    1) B/B and CAS wedding stuff (this is a gimmie)

2) Maybe some customization of the wedding details, like how the table is made up or something. I saw this one Sims 4 feature (which I never noticed) where Sims set up the table in a certain style, and maybe that is in preparation for this wedding pack? (Wedding style tables or set-up details?)

3) Wedding recipes? More buffet styles tables?

4) Being able to invite family and friends?

5) Online dating

6) Honeymoon destination or setting up of honeymoon times

7) Base game update: attraction system?

8) Matchmaker?

9) Arranged marriages?

10) Base game: better or smoother coding of guests?

11) More wedding traditions (ie: tie the knots, drink from cups/dishes, etc). Some international traditions could be included as well.

12) Base game interactions: slow dancing or partner dancing

13) More base game: more couple/romantic interactions

14) My personal bonus: Cupid occult or love spells…
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,928 Member

2) Maybe some customization of the wedding details, like how the table is made up or something. I saw this one Sims 4 feature (which I never noticed) where Sims set up the table in a certain style, and maybe that is in preparation for this wedding pack? (Wedding style tables or set-up details?)

5) Online dating

8) Matchmaker?

9) Arranged marriages?

11) More wedding traditions (ie: tie the knots, drink from cups/dishes, etc). Some international traditions could be included as well.

You raise an important point. I was concerned that they might do a wedding-focused pack at the expense of more fundamental romantic interactions. But, if the pack is specifically wedding-focused and at the same time a significant number of romance interactions are added to the base game, that's something I could really get behind and support.
  • Options

5) Online dating

8) Matchmaker?

9) Arranged marriages?

And my second favorite music along with these features coming to the base game as a pre-game pack patch
  • Options
    Great! Now I'm bored
    Look! I know you always wanted dragons, but I'm not sticking around focusing on them right now, OK? All I wanted is an R&B music back to the base game, and it hasn't been added in years ago during the work of all content packs of The Sims 4

Oh no no, that’s not how these things work. Time slots will be dedicated to each wish, but we do have to support each other, otherwise it’s unfair.
    If say, between 9Am and 10AM it is indeed R&B radio station Manifestation Focus hour , ALL of us will focus together on a R&B radio station for 60 minutes straight.
    After that, Dragons require our utmost attention during their assigned focus slot between 11Am and 2PM.
    A Bodyhair menu - just to mention something random - deserves focus time between 2PM & 7PM. Again, It’s essential for EVERYBODY’s minds to be fully committed to this.
    The Werewolves and bands and cars meditation slot will be between 7PM and….sure why not - 8Am in the morning. Remember it requires a collective effort to will this extremely important content into existence.

Between 8Am and 9Am we shall eat and rest. After that the cycle begins all over again.
    I believe we can do this, trust me. I trust in all of us. ❤️
  • Options
    Great! Now I'm bored

Oh no no, that’s not how these things work. Time slots will be dedicated to each wish, but we do have to support each other, otherwise it’s unfair.
    If say, between 9Am and 10AM it is indeed R&B radio station Manifestation Focus hour , ALL of us will focus together on a R&B radio station for 60 minutes straight.
    After that, Dragons require our utmost attention during their assigned focus slot between 11Am and 2PM.
    A Bodyhair menu - just to mention something random - deserves focus time between 2PM & 7PM. Again, It’s essential for EVERYBODY’s minds to be fully committed to this.
    The Werewolves and bands and cars meditation slot will be between 7PM and….sure why not - 8Am in the morning. Remember it requires a collective effort to will this extremely important content into existence.

Between 8Am and 9Am we shall eat and rest. After that the cycle begins all over again.
    WTH you mean?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,162 Member
    Great! Now I'm bored

I demand "manifesting awesome romance pack with couple dancing of multiple styles, new romance interactions, wedding additions and fabulous attraction system"

for between midnight - 5am

because its not certain yet and we must manifest full power so after i have that

i can relocate my manifesting energy full power towards the occult and family causes :innocent::heart:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 462 Member
    Someone was trying to give werewolves a 7 hr time slot. Sneaky sneaky.
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 462 Member
    But I think R&B love ballads have a better chance of appearing than wolves or dragons.

Wedding Singer career with bands would be great though.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I think r&b music would be a good fit for a romance pack. I grew up on early 2000s r&b and the genre is known for music videos of men crying and dancing in the rain and men dancing and running after women in the street. Plus I think the genre has a lot of good "woo-hoo music"
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I thought you could add your own music to the game? Did I imagine that?
  • Options
    Kironide wrote: »
    I thought you could add your own music to the game? Did I imagine that?
    Actually, we're discussing about when will R&B, slow dancing, and everything romantic-related things might come to The Sims 4
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I know, but if you want RnB music in your game, in the meantime you could add it yourself.