Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New 2022 Sims 4 Roadmap

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    edited January 2022
    If you look closely you’ll see a wedding cake, wedding rings, the year of the tiger, a (Venetian?) mask and angel / swan wings.

B50-BAF1-A-0-E8-F-4111-9605-32-B464-F5-A27-D.jpg

And a lot of party confetti.
    The brown thing in the top left looks rather like a sword…… above the E
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,984 Member
    I hope this means there will be a new category for wedding outfits
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I hope this means there will be a new category for wedding outfits

Yes, please.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Oh wow so I just got covid and I am in my least romantic gameplay mood ever :joy: I just put four of my Sims in sweatshirts and sweatpants and loaded them down with Uni studies, sent another Sim into the jungle by herself, and I've been preparing my strangerville neighbourhood for another terrible virus apocalypse soon to come, and the only Sim got any romance lately is a mermaid I tried to spawn a hundred babies from to fill Sulani ocean with a mermaid colony. Not romantic at all it's like an aquatic science experiment for the 100 baby challenge.

That being said, I have wanted a romance pack for so long so hopefully when this pack comes out I will have recovered and be ready to throw down the party confetti. :smiley: I really, really, really hope we get an attraction system!! I don't know how to match up my Sims without the Sims 2 attraction system where if you got those 3 lightening bolts you had a perfect match. :heart: And I really hope we get a matchmaker, or an aspiration to be a matchmaker, and wedding veils!!! I used to throw elaborate wedding parties in Sims 2, but in the Sims 4 I haven't thrown a single wedding, so I think this pack will be perfect for my gameplay especially if there is bachelorette parties that would be so fun. Wedding party objects, wedding dances!! and an online dating app would be so fun.

And more global foods yes so exciting!!! :smiley: : My Sims bellies are never full. Oh my God, is this a DESTINATION WEDDING WORLD PACK?! :open_mouth: Pleeeaaaase?!?! A new vacation world with a party theme?!

Oh, dear! ☹️ I hope you feel better ❤️‍🩹 and recover soon, @Elliandre ! ❤️

And yes, I hope a romantic pack brings about some romantic aspects like attraction or a destination, dances, etc, too! 🤗👍
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »
    Thank god we're getting another type of pack! And a romance-themed pack is soooo needed. Hope we'll get more info soon.

Ooh, I just thought - maybe they will finally give us slow dances!

Aww yibs!

My sims:

https://youtu.be/7ydRwCf9Qyw
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I just hope the Game Pack isn't a "Wedding Planner" Pack. That's not enough for a whole Game Pack.
    We need an attraction system and better romance in the game. Like other users have said, how can you have a matchmaking pack without an attraction system? Hopefully, an attraction system is patched in along with the pack, and the pack has lots of community requested features, like cuddling in bed, the heart bed, holding hands, online dating, and more romantic interactions.

I'm also skeptical about having a whole pack centered around one career. Dream Home Decorator felt quite empty, and the career is still buggy.

The two Kits annoy me. They should've just made a really good Stuff Pack instead, like they did with Paranormal Stuff. It's disappointing that they made the best Stuff Pack ever and then just stopped making them at all.
    And oh boy, "fierce" fashion Kits. LOL more good pictures for the Townie Fashion Police thread :D:D

Overall, I'm not optimistic about this year. This past year was rather disappointing, so I'll be watching this year with skepticism.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,924 Member
    edited January 2022
    @Elliandre
    That is pretty boss that you responded by giving all your sims covid-time activities like wearing sweats, studying from home, going on solo vacations. Hope you feel better soon.

• Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    The thing that most excites me about this, even though I'm about to get married in about a week, is actually the potential for blind/"online" dating. It's how SO many people date now and it's a little silly that the game just has you chasing after walkbys and meeting people at work. I really like realistic game play so I've been missing this aspect. (remember the matchmaker from sims 2 ?)
  • Options
    PinkSugar81PinkSugar81 Posts: 184 Member
    Yessss I hope for:

-chemistry system
    -online dating
    -slow dancing together
    -table proposals
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,974 Member
    edited January 2022
    bixters wrote: »
    I just hope the Game Pack isn't a "Wedding Planner" Pack. That's not enough for a whole Game Pack.

That would break my heart :bawling:
    and afterwards they'd have to lock me up in mental asylum or something probably

so lets hope its actual romance pack cause i swear if this is another "career and random stuff" I'm done. and the sims will feel my wrath

I didn't wait all these years to be a party planner

in fact if i had to plan party while in my deranged state i might just make it very deathful

red weddings for all i guess
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,464 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

so lets hope its actual romance pack cause i swear if this is another "career and random stuff" I'm done. and the sims will feel my wrath

in fact if i had to plan party while in my deranged state i might just make it very deathful

I'll bring the hatchets. 😈
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Double post. Had too much enthusiasm.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Lbphart3Lbphart3 Posts: 59 Member
    I hope this has to do with weddings we need new wedding gowns :D
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Do you guys think we will see a trailer soon?
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    Oh wow so I just got covid and I am in my least romantic gameplay mood ever :joy: I just put four of my Sims in sweatshirts and sweatpants and loaded them down with Uni studies, sent another Sim into the jungle by herself, and I've been preparing my strangerville neighbourhood for another terrible virus apocalypse soon to come, and the only Sim got any romance lately is a mermaid I tried to spawn a hundred babies from to fill Sulani ocean with a mermaid colony. Not romantic at all it's like an aquatic science experiment for the 100 baby challenge.

That being said, I have wanted a romance pack for so long so hopefully when this pack comes out I will have recovered and be ready to throw down the party confetti. :smiley: I really, really, really hope we get an attraction system!! I don't know how to match up my Sims without the Sims 2 attraction system where if you got those 3 lightening bolts you had a perfect match. :heart: And I really hope we get a matchmaker, or an aspiration to be a matchmaker, and wedding veils!!! I used to throw elaborate wedding parties in Sims 2, but in the Sims 4 I haven't thrown a single wedding, so I think this pack will be perfect for my gameplay especially if there is bachelorette parties that would be so fun. Wedding party objects, wedding dances!! and an online dating app would be so fun.

And more global foods yes so exciting!!! :smiley: : My Sims bellies are never full. Oh my God, is this a DESTINATION WEDDING WORLD PACK?! :open_mouth: Pleeeaaaase?!?! A new vacation world with a party theme?!

Something to look forward to is always nice when you feel bad. I hope you feel better soon @Elliandre
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    They should give us 4 or 5 or 6 slow jam R&B songs that needed to be re-recorded in Simlish
    • Leela James - Complicated
    • Joyce Wrice - Addicted
    • Ann Marie - Like That
    • Silk Sonic - Leave The Door Open
    • Giveon - All To Me
    • Mary J. Blige - Good Morning Gorgeous
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,442 Member
    I am cautiously optimistic about this road map. Romance isn't very high on the list of things I want but I am happy for those who asked it. If this pack will have the amount of gameplay of GP's before dream home Decorator then I will find use for it. I like the attraction system in sims 2 and am curious if we will finally get one in sims 4. More wedding dresses, slow dancing or a new world would be nice.

Two more kits: after the modern men's wear, I don't think 'fierce design' will be my cup of tea.

New food options, community collaborations and surprises, yay :)

The only real downside to this road map is that we won't be getting a new occult GP anytime soon. :(:'(
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,188 Member
    edited January 2022
    @12JEREMIA At Last - Etta James <3

@Elliandre Feel better quick. I know for myself I have avoided getting sick but am basically cooped up for the most part and actually getting tired of wearing my sweat pants. LOL

Funny how only a few years ago when I had to work I thought how great it would be to just hang around the house wearing them.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »

@Elliandre Feel better quick. I know for myself I have avoided getting sick but am basically cooped up for the most part and actually getting tired of wearing my sweat pants. LOL
    I don't think so, Bluegayle. Since we're in the decades between the late 2010s and early 2020s, we want some Simlish R&B songs sounded like the late 90s/early 2000s slow jam R&B music
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

I hear you. My heart wouldn't be broken, nor would I be angry, but I'd be very disappointed. If that's pretty much all it turns out to be, at least it would be an easy one for me to skip. In fact, I hope the "love" stuff mentioned doesn't have a laser-like focus on weddings in general, whatever else it does happen to be. Romance-focus, sure. But not everyone involved in romantic relationships -- even partnerships -- have weddings (or marry at all), and not all cultures have the same kind of ceremonies (if any) when they do marry. Not even made up cultures. As for parties in general, I like them if I make them up myself, but I've always found game-mechanics parties pretty meh, so...
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    wildleafbatwildleafbat Posts: 23 Member
    I was expecting an occult pack not gonna lie, but I'm still pretty excited about a romance/wedding pack. Of course we still don't really know anything about it, but I'm feeling pretty optimistic. One thing we need is slow dancing. I remember it being in Sims 3. And maybe two sims cuddling again when sleeping in the same bed?
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,145 Member
    I'm late for the party, but for me, most of the things (not the kits) sound interesting in the roadmap. Although, I'm normally not so for for romance in sims, I lately do, and if they may even improve the wedding, well that wedding could have a band with a wedding singer. (I know it probably won't come with that pack, but who knows). And more food from around the world, yes, hopefully more feasts too. 😋
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »

One of my favorite songs EVER! <3
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    I don't think so, Bluegayle. Since we're in the decades between the late 2010s and early 2020s, we want some Simlish R&B songs sounded like the late 90s/early 2000s slow jam R&B music

I get what you're saying, but I mean... Etta James = timeless = transcends pretty much everything! :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

@LatinaBunny Thank you! :smile: Lets hope for all three, an attraction system, a new destination world and wedding dances. I would love to have a bride and groom slow dance or funny bridesmaid group dance. Or a bouquet the bride can throw.

@mightysprite haha thank you! I sometimes live vicariously through my Sims, and sometimes they have to live vicariously through me :lol: .

@comicsforlife Thank you so much! I hope you are looking forward to it too. :smile:

@Bluegayle Thank you! :smile: I've adapted okay to being couped over the past couple of years, but it's probably not so healthy. Once I'm recovered I'm going to make an effort to go out for walks more often. I've worked from home before and it was always so hard with so many distractions and I felt a bit like having cabin fever lol. Crazy how so much of the world is working from home now.
  • Options
    @Elliandre Oh my goodness, I hope you feel better soon! Hopefully it won't be too rough on you and you'll be able to continue to play your Sims game. Please keep us updated so we know you're doing okay.
    #Team Occult