Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New 2022 Sims 4 Roadmap

Comments

• RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I'm intrigued by the love themed game pack, but I really hope it's not just about wedding celebrations. I'm much more interested in an attraction system (possibly as a free update) and a sim dating app that allows you to pick features your sim is attracted towards. A new Mediterranean themed world would also be awesome and would make it a day one buy for me.

As for the community collaborations, I'd love to do another community stuff pack! They're a lot of fun and I've really liked the final product from the last two.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    I'm interested in the game pack, and the community collaborations could be new cc creators added to the game maybe? Also I hope the surprises will be updated babies. The rest of the roadmap is meh.

I too am interested in the community collabs. 🎉

The rest of this road map is not appealing.
    We need a break from kits, a stuff pack would’ve been better.

More base game updates means mods being disabled. I don’t want another three months of constantly having mods off 😫.
    I would rather know what they are doing than be surprised 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’m not interested in a romance pack, but I’ll be excited if we get a new world!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Greyling wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »
    I really hope chemistry and attraction is part of that love pack.
    And if it does, I really hope it comes with an off-switch in settings. I’m sorry, I know quite a few people want something like this, and although I love when unexpected things happen in my games, in the majority of my saves I want to be the one who decides who my sims fall for, and I especially don’t want the game to potentially ruin some of my most favourite sim-relationships.

As I remember it in Sims 2, you could go in and manually set the attractions, or allow them to be random. When that was implemented in Sims 2 I simply went through and changed my pre-established couples' attractions so that they would have great chemistry. You could always just set it as you like it. I'm sure they wouldn't implement it to be unchangeable.

My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    I would love this pack to have BOTH chemistry/attraction and dating stuff, and also wedding stuff.

What I really want from weddings, is to be able to have both members of the couple invite their loved ones, not just the one who clicks "throw party." And then I also want to be able to have my Sims ask their best friends to be their "best person" and stand at their side while they get married. I want wedding pics where you can see the whole wedding party in matching outfits etc. Weddings always feel so flat when it's just the couple and the people there feel sort of random and wander around, barely even sitting down for the ceremony.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Romance/dating not my thing, but I don't doubt that there'll be plenty of stuff in the game pack I'll make good use of. So I'm looking forward to it... major bonus points if we get a new world. :)

I'm very curious about the two "vibrant kits that contain fierce design".... those sound like they could be fun.

My best guess for the two kits:

1) Year of the Tiger: A kit all about Chinese culture (fashions, decor, furniture, traditions).

2) Mardi Gras: Wild vibrant clothes, decor, and party items. Sequins, sparkle, and shiny things in bold greens, golds, purples. Maybe even a new calendar holiday/party add-on?
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    This needs to have the attraction system, badly miss my 3 lightning bolt couples.
    Also the dance together, just give us slow dancing how hard can it be?!
    Would really love a return of that old rug, was it Sims1, your couple could toast with champagne on a rug.

Weddings need an overhaul, they've never felt right for me, perhaps it's the timer which puts pressure on but they just feel flat. Wouldn't it be great to get a dedicated wedding venue, maybe a chapel.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    Tbh I don't want a romance pack.
    Top 10 Anime Betrayals :bawling::heartbreak:
    Tell you what. Since you support Torch, I'll tentatively support a love pack. We need to stick together in these trying times.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    I think if they add an attraction system, it would be a base game update. Maybe even online dating could be a base game update, too.

I would prefer the game pack to be focused more on romance and not just weddings though, but if it is a wedding themed pack, maybe we'll get bachelor/bachelorette parties.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I’m kinda disappointed because I thought we were gonna get an EP and I was hoping for Generations.
    But I know many people wanted a romance GP and it might add nice stuff to the game.

Also : stop with the kits.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Forgot to say community collaborations are always interesting. Can't wait to see what it is.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Hopefully the next game pack refresh will be Dine Out so Sims can finally have some decent restaurant dates
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited January 2022
    Whilst I am still quite starved for more occult content, I'm going to keep an open mind about this. One of the things I feel the game lacks is good romance. I'm personally hoping for some kind of chemistry add-ons, even something as basic as signs would be better than we have now. I'd also like some more intimate romantic actions, including, at the very least, cuddling on the couch and the bed, like TS3 had. The dates might be interesting as well as I currently do not like TS4's dating mechanics. Couple dancing is required as well, both slow dancing and more upbeat as well. After all, what's a big wedding without the bride and groom dancing together?

That being said, features like big weddings and asking the parents for permission don't interest me too much. I was always fine with making my Sims elope.

I'm also seeing that we won't be getting any other kind of pack that features gameplay anytime soon, so... let's hope this one does at least a few things right.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Forgot to say community collaborations are always interesting. Can't wait to see what it is.

I have an idea of what it could be: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/996490/the-sims-team-collaborating-with-a-modder-to-bring-more-toddler-child-activities#latest
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

Simmingal wrote: »
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA PARTY FOR LOVE LOOOOOOVE ROMANCE WEDDINGS AAAA

brb I'll go jump in the lake or something i need to calm down (it better be actual romance pack tho or im gonna ugly sob) (and it better have couple dancing because what is party with no couple dancing)

The very first thought I had when I saw the roadmap was "I wonder if @Simmingal has seen this?" Frankly, I would have been very disappointed if you had reacted to this news calmly. :D
  • EverclearBoyEverclearBoy Posts: 151 Member
    Being able to have better Weddings with smoother gameplay would be a great addition. Hopefully allowing large guests and maybe some party crashers?
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Neutral on potential romance/wedding pack. Romance system needs an overhaul badly but I really hope (if they do) an attraction/chemistry system isnt locked behind a paywall. Blind dates/matchmaking service, bachelor/ette parties, and possibly a party/wedding planner career? Sure. But in my opinion, attraction/chemistry system should be an update.

Really would like it if they tweaked romance system to actually mean something and allow for more different kind of relationships (open ones vs committed/closed).
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    First off, I'm happy we are finally getting a Romance Gameplay Pack with a very possibility of Wedding Showers, new Weddings, Wedding Veil/Tiara, Honeymoons, new Romance Interactions & Dating. <3<3 I just so hope that there's also a Romantic Occult Lifestate of Cupid/Eros/Aphrodite, PLEASE! :p
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 252 Member
    I have high hope for chemistry/attraction system. And more recipe? I am happy. I wonder about 'surpise' thing.
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

Oh wow so I just got covid and I am in my least romantic gameplay mood ever :joy: I just put four of my Sims in sweatshirts and sweatpants and loaded them down with Uni studies, sent another Sim into the jungle by herself, and I've been preparing my strangerville neighbourhood for another terrible virus apocalypse soon to come, and the only Sim got any romance lately is a mermaid I tried to spawn a hundred babies from to fill Sulani ocean with a mermaid colony. Not romantic at all it's like an aquatic science experiment for the 100 baby challenge.

That being said, I have wanted a romance pack for so long so hopefully when this pack comes out I will have recovered and be ready to throw down the party confetti. :smiley: I really, really, really hope we get an attraction system!! I don't know how to match up my Sims without the Sims 2 attraction system where if you got those 3 lightening bolts you had a perfect match. :heart: And I really hope we get a matchmaker, or an aspiration to be a matchmaker, and wedding veils!!! I used to throw elaborate wedding parties in Sims 2, but in the Sims 4 I haven't thrown a single wedding, so I think this pack will be perfect for my gameplay especially if there is bachelorette parties that would be so fun. Wedding party objects, wedding dances!! and an online dating app would be so fun.

And more global foods yes so exciting!!! :smiley: : My Sims bellies are never full. Oh my God, is this a DESTINATION WEDDING WORLD PACK?! :open_mouth: Pleeeaaaase?!?! A new vacation world with a party theme?!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    @Elliandre hope you're better soon. :)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I pray that you feel better soon @Elliandre & be able to get your two vaccine shots.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I do think romance needs more, but it isn't really my thing. I'll be getting the pack, and the kits if they look nice, but nothing is setting me on fire about this. *shrug*

More time with Crusader Kings Royal Court and Dying Light 2, I guess.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

@simgirl1010 @SERVERFRA
    Thank you so much. :blush::heart:
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited January 2022
    Is it wrong for me to still hold out hope for a Werewolves GP? I'm starved for new occult gameplay.

Edit: With that said, I'm glad that we might finally be getting some more romance, heavens knows this game has been needing an overhaul of the romance system for a while now. Let's just hope that it's not as disastrous as the Attraction system in TS3, where EVERY sim was falling in love with each other, despite marital status with no way to rebuff their affections. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults