Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you guys feeling the lack of Expansion pack released in November?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Too bad there is not an "Other" option.

I took my gaming money and spent it on Cities Skylines since Steam was having a 50% to 75% off sale.
  • Options
    benphoenix19benphoenix19 Posts: 92 Member
    Yes, we really need a new pack NOW.
    I would consider Snowy Escape a winter Pack...
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    For me No. I am currently adicted to Story games as of the moment hahaha, and I have taken a break for The Sims for now. I am playing the whole Assassin's Creed Saga for the second time, currently on Assassin's Creed Rogue, then will move on to Assassin's Creed 3. After I finish Syndicate, I will move to may Second playthrough of Mass Effect Trilogy, but this time the legendary edition (can't wait haha) then finally I got Tomb Raider Trilogy for free on Epic, so that is on my list after Mass Effect hahaha.

Basically After I finished those games, I will return to The Sims. I love creating my stories in The Sims, but I think from time to time, it is great that I also play games with stories to experience different Genres in gaming. I loved the Characters in Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed, and I can't wait to play them all again. After this, I will be back at The Sims and by that time, maybe we have the 14th Expansion already hahaha.

• Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I'd love to get a proper pack and I don't want more kits. Of courses, whether I'd buy it would still depend on what it is. But even a pack that doesn't fit my playstyle would be better than a kit, because it would make the list of missing gameplay features shorter, make some people happy and increase the likelihood of me getting something I want with the pack that follows after it. Kits don't do that.

I love this sentiment <3 However, I have to admit that I've gone into EP withdrawal. I love CL, but I'm starting to run out of things to do with it. If the next pack is werewolves, I'll be happy for those who want them, but I will be bitterly disappointed. (The world is not about me. We are kumbaya.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    Yes. I'm still in need of werewolves.
  • Options
    ChariceZyrus89ChariceZyrus89 Posts: 35 Member
    What will be the next release? It's already January!
  • Options
    @benphoenix19

I think the OP means Winter release by "Winter Expansion pack"
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    It is not the need for a new pack in itself as much as the speculations and debates on the forum the announcement of a new pack entail. The forum feels very lackluster at the moment, I dont know how much the Sims twitter account has suffered but I guess a lot. Next week the holidays are over, so I guess they have to make some sort of announcement then.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,972 Member
    Nope, I am ok with getting smothered by kits instead.
    Peral wrote: »
    It is not the need for a new pack in itself as much as the speculations and debates on the forum the announcement of a new pack entail. The forum feels very lackluster at the moment, I dont know how much the Sims twitter account has suffered but I guess a lot. Next week the holidays are over, so I guess they have to make some sort of announcement then.

I don't feel this at all. As much I like the excitement a new pack brings I also like the forum when it's not being overrun with new pack info and speculation. Simmers seem to be more focused on existing gameplay and sharing.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,727 Member

I don't feel this at all. As much I like the excitement a new pack brings I also like the forum when it's not being overrun with new pack info and speculation. Simmers seem to be more focused on existing gameplay and sharing.

I feel it, but I guess that depends on how active one might be on the forum. I remember how fun it was to read the threads when Maxis posted a teaser trailer and people speculated what it could be.
  • Options
    Well looks like we'll have to wait a bit longer for the next EP. Next up is a gamepack.
  • Options
    logion wrote: »

I feel it, but I guess that depends on how active one might be on the forum. I remember how fun it was to read the threads when Maxis posted a teaser trailer and people speculated what it could be.

I understand. This lull gives me the chance to catch up on some of the other sections of the forum. Especially the Creative Corner with storytellers and builders. It's like a different world there. :p
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 How did you know it's a game pack next?
  • Options
    @simgirl1010 How did you know it's a game pack next?

New roadmap.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/996487/new-2022-sims-4-roadmap#latest
  • Options
    ^ Thanks. What could that game pack be? Party of Love?? 🤔
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    A problem with this pack as I see it, is that they have to change the Sims as we know them for this pack to work! A Sim has no need for romantic attention, a married Sims never get uncomfatable or tense when their spouse ceise to court them. They happily get on with their daily chores and occasinally kiss their spouse when feeling romantic. So once the romantic period is over leading them to move in together, there is little room for the Sims to be romantic with each other, the game doesn't demande it.
  • Options
    benphoenix19benphoenix19 Posts: 92 Member
    > @ChariceZyrus89 said:
    > @benphoenix19
    >
    > I think the OP means Winter release by "Winter Expansion pack"

fair enough. I took it as a winter-themed pack
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    I'm mostly worried they are abandoning Stuff Packs and Game Packs for kits but its also really worrying that they didn't release an EP in November and dont have one announced for this quarter
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    Nope, I was broke anyway.
    I would like to had martial arts, riding horse, vehicles in sims 4, but oh well, I think sims 4 and sims 3 mix with removed bad and bug would be great game, I think.