Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you guys feeling the lack of Expansion pack released in November?

Comments

• julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,172 Member
    edited December 2021
    Yes, we really need a new pack NOW.
    I wish we had a new pack coming , To me it seems they are only interested in churning out kit packs that have minimal content for as high a price as they feel they can get away with

or throwing stuff at us thats pointless like sims we are not playing spamming us with messages about should i have a baby etc
    It got bad enough with the constant messages of should so and so like fitness etc without adding this in as well

The challenges , i have not tried to do a single one of them , i have no interest at all in them especially as you need a new family to do them

makes me wonder this long silence if they have given up now with 4 and looking towards 5
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Yes because I have not bought a kit yet - better and more stuff out from the content creators. I might be gameplay mod hunting soon. I could use some more interesting gameplay. Rather strange not to have a new expansion for Christmas
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    There is only one possible answer for me because I always want a new pack right now lol, doesn't really matter when or why or if I just bought five packs. Although, specifically a winter theme pack if that's what you meant, not really, because I'm getting my winter feels out of Snowy Escape which is still new for me. I think I might treat myself to some holiday CC though since I've never downloaded any.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    There is only one possible answer for me because I always want a new pack right now lol, doesn't really matter when or why or if I just bought five packs. Although, specifically a winter theme pack if that's what you meant, not really, because I'm getting my winter feels out of Snowy Escape which is still new for me. I think I might treat myself to some holiday CC though since I've never downloaded any.

Nope, I meant an expansion pack for December. We literally only had one expansion in 2021, which is out of the ordinary.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »

Nope, I meant an expansion pack for December. We literally only had one expansion in 2021, which is out of the ordinary.

Okay we are in 2022 now so they can't say no more packs for the year :smiley: ... I will hope for a pack this month.
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    the one correct answer :lol:
    always broke before christmas getting presents and all

+ having nothing for december kinda makes me wish it is because we get bigger pack (gp/ep) in spring instead
    like romance pack for valentines wink wink

I've always thought an EP would be best in early January because everyone is flush with Christmas money! I get why they do November but January would be good as well!
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • diavolosimsdiavolosims Posts: 37 Member
    Nope, I am ok with getting smothered by kits instead.
    No. Winter is only, like, 3 months in a year, and the rest is just... not snowing. We have Seasons and Snowy Escape, and I think that's (more than) enough. Though this might be a controversial topic, I prefer the kits for now. I mean, we have a Halloween-themed stuff pack and that just says something.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited January 2022
    No, not at all. I stopped spending money on this game a long time ago. The sole reason I stick around is for news on the end of this franchise altogether. A new pack will add absolutely nothing to my game. The way I want to play is already impossible. Adding new stuff is literally adding stuff I can’t use, because it doesn’t work the way I want it to, and I refuse to use mods for features that have been done time and time again.

Personally, I am more excited for Paralives. I don’t really like any of the sims games any more. This game just killed the whole thing for me.

—T
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited January 2022
    I'm willing to wait a bit though, and hope they can get back to work together in the workplace rather than at home, if they want to make a new expansion or game pack. They need to argue and debate again to come up with anything original. There's still a lot of things that Sims 4 fans want.

I hope all the employees haven't suffered too much in the last couple of years. It must have been difficult.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    Eh. Without new packs, I haven't been interested in playing the game. When I'm not invested, I'm not thinking about it. So I haven't even noticed the Sims 4's absence in my life.

But I guess that's what happens when your game doesn't have dragons in it. 💅🏻
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I don't mind getting kits but I don't want that to be the only thing they release. I was really looking forward to a new pack in November. I don't mind waiting if it's well down but I really hope that they release something in January or at least a roadmap.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24

Okay we are in 2022 now so they can't say no more packs for the year :smiley: ... I will hope for a pack this month.

me too *fingers crossed*
    Simmingal wrote: »
    the one correct answer :lol:
    always broke before christmas getting presents and all

+ having nothing for december kinda makes me wish it is because we get bigger pack (gp/ep) in spring instead
    like romance pack for valentines wink wink

I've always thought an EP would be best in early January because everyone is flush with Christmas money! I get why they do November but January would be good as well!

I was starting to think that maybe they changed the month because to the sales during black Friday to Christmas.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I never buy new content at release, and always watch let's play done by youtubers first, who are NOT associated with any type of EA program which is to help advertise content. I then will decide what if at all if the content is worth any dollar amount to me. So far there are multiple kits and a game pack that you could not even pay me to download. The others, I purchased for a range of $2.50 to $35. So my answer is that it really depends on what content they will offer. I do however want all major bugs brought on by previous packs fixed first.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Only one pack during 2021 had gotten my attention (and got me hopeful for the rest of the year) and it was a stuff pack. Im honestly bored. And when news came around of no EP for the holidays, my interest for the game waned like alot. I dont care about kits and CL wasnt high on my lists of wants so I was really hoping for something fun to end the year with. I havent even updated my game in like 3 months since I didnt really feel like updating my mods for basegame content that didnt interest me. Ive just been buying and playing other games in the meantime. Im hoping we get news of a real pack soon. Im so tired of the kit spam.
  • SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    At first I was confused by the title of this thread. I was thinking that you meant a winter themed pack and was thinking but we already have that with Seasons and Snowy Escape. But then I see you mean a lack of expansion pack released during this time of year.

In answer to your question: No I'm not bothered by there being no expansion pack for November/December. I got Cottage Living just in November so it's new for me at the moment. I'm also quite happy with what I have and while new content will be nice (if it interests me) I am not feeling desperate for new packs. I would like to have genies and fairies, pool table, more after school activities, sports and hobbies added to the game, but I am quite content with what I do have. There are also some older packs that I'm interested in, but haven't got yet, so I'm still not actually caught up on all the content.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Nope, I am ok with getting smothered by kits instead.
    logion wrote: »
    I have to say I am pretty surprised by the answers..LOL Very interesting...

I kinda expected more people to miss packs, I have seen plenty of posts of people wanting werewolves and generations.

Less packs means less chances of that happening.

That was my thinking too..LOL

There are definitely TONS of things I want. And honestly I want it RIGHT NOW 😆😆 but that's just not how this works so I'm being patient. Normally I would be scared that we didn't get a winter pack if ts4 was ending. But they have confirmed multiple times that ts4 has years to go and they are dedicated to making it the best game possible. In knowing that my (zombie) heart feels at rest 😌.
    And I am content in playing with what we have until we get more so I don't personally feel I missed out not getting a winter pack. But I am excited and curious for 2022 sims. 😁 😄
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    At first I was confused by the title of this thread. I was thinking that you meant a winter themed pack and was thinking but we already have that with Seasons and Snowy Escape. But then I see you mean a lack of expansion pack released during this time of year.

In answer to your question: No I'm not bothered by there being no expansion pack for November/December. I got Cottage Living just in November so it's new for me at the moment. I'm also quite happy with what I have and while new content will be nice (if it interests me) I am not feeling desperate for new packs. I would like to have genies and fairies, pool table, more after school activities, sports and hobbies added to the game, but I am quite content with what I do have. There are also some older packs that I'm interested in, but haven't got yet, so I'm still not actually caught up on all the content.

Lol, pretty much me as I was scratching my head thinking we got Winter with seasons and then with SE..

Really haven't been thinking about expansions or packs as I play the sims on and off again when Animal Crossing isn't ruining my life.

More so just waiting for another pack refresh than anything plus anything to help the base game. (Ah, yes year seven of waiting for slow dancing with sims, more hobbies/activities and more significant traits. Ftt~) Someone wake me up from my comatose slumber when they do. ;P
    5vJrxmT.png
  • MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    The last few weeks I really wanted to play the sims, but I had no idea what to play and so I played other games. There was a lack of gameplay last year and the only way we get new gameplay are packs.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Since the answers don't match my sentiments about any type of new pack, I will say I am okay with the lack of any new pack in December of 2021. I was relieved, to be honest. Updating of mods and such is aways a huge burden whenever a new pack or update comes along. And RL was so hectic, I simply did not have the time to take that on just before the holidays. Origin has probably forgotten who I am since I have barely had more than a few hours to play since August. :D
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,461 Member
    Once again no Other which is what I would have selected. I'm pretty happy, thus far with all the stuff we're getting. The only thing I think we truly lack in the Holiday Stuff is garland that can hang on the staircases. I found some cc thanks to others, but I'm wondering if it requires the use of MOO in order to place it. I don't use MOO, at all. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Nope, I was broke anyway.
    Incidentally I do want more packs before they finish with Sims 4, I am just not that picky about the release schedule since I always tend to wait a while anyway. It does seem like a long time since there was something to get excited about.

But for today I am actually excited that toddlers can "Bok bok at chicken" so I'm good.
  • WolfnightsingerWolfnightsinger Posts: 22 Member
    Nope, I was broke anyway.
    > @logion said:
    > I kinda expected more people to miss packs, I have seen plenty of posts of people wanting werewolves and generations.
    >
    > Less packs means less chances of that happening.

I still want werewolves very much. I just wasn't getting my hopes up for another pack when it became clear that we weren't getting any more for 2021.

Now that it's 2022, it's a different story.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    While I have gotten some new packs recently and still exploring many parts of the packs, I am always ready for more packs for any Sims games, hehe! :smile:

I would love more romance, generations, and occult-based content. I got my mermaids and vampires, but I would love werewolves and fairies someday, too.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)