Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are they serious?

At least they’re aware that this game lacks gameplay I guess…

A screenshot for those who can‘t see embedded tweets:
BbRi99w.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited December 2021
    I mean to be fair I use lot of time to build in preparation of the time I finally get to play

I just feel very miserable playing in sim houses i don't find absolutely fabulous

so in statistic it might be bit like that
    even if i enjoy playing more

I was trying to play scenarios without making my own builds for science but i still had to go and do whole redecoration thing :sweat_smile:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    I generally build for 1 hour then play for 6 or more, theres plenty of gameplay for me ❤
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    I like their sense of humor. 😁
    I see that Twitter exploded after that comment. At least they can keep an audience.

As for myself, on average I spend 24 hours building a structure, 1 - 2 hours play testing it and at least 400 hours playing in it.
    I have no problem getting many hours of enjoyment out of my builds.
    That’s because I make those builds worth building and worth living in. 😎
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I actually understand that post and it fits me. I'm more apt to build a whole town from empty lots then actually play my sims. I go through stages where I'll work on my Legacy fam or my Alphabet fam but mostly, I'm building.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Can't relate. I download everything. But I do appreciate those builders. 👍🏼
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    That is probably true for people who just build and playtest. :lol:
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I understand what they were going for but I can see why people did not like that tweet.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I build now and then but nowhere near as often as I play.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I can definitely relate - I love building. (I'm not anywhere near as good at it as the people who upload houses to the gallery, but I enjoy it.) I'll see a house when I'm out walking and want to build it in The Sims, or I'll get an idea for a storyline, and the house and furnishings have to match the story concept. I do play the houses after I build them, but I spend hours getting it just right. And when a new EP comes out, I often don't get into live mode for a couple of days because I'm exploring all the new BB.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    That’s not enough time. I spend days building and even more days playtesting/enjoying/perfecting my build.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    In the current household I'm playing I built the house and decorated it within two hours. I'm really proud of myself for how it turned out because I am not a builder. The last house I built was based on actual blueprints and took me two days to complete. Some simmers are just builders and don't really ply beyond testing out their creations, not really something I'd brag about EA.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited December 2021
    I can definitely relate - I love building. (I'm not anywhere near as good at it as the people who upload houses to the gallery, but I enjoy it.) I'll see a house when I'm out walking and want to build it in The Sims, or I'll get an idea for a storyline, and the house and furnishings have to match the story concept. I do play the houses after I build them, but I spend hours getting it just right. And when a new EP comes out, I often don't get into live mode for a couple of days because I'm exploring all the new BB.

This is so me... Many of my builds are my attempt at homes in my neighborhood or homes I admire from real life and want to try to recreate in the sims. My favorite build is a movie theater I built with the Movie Hangout pack. Mine aren't great, but I share them on the gallery for anyone who wants to play with them or tweak them to fit their own usefulness in their game. I do the same with EPs, SPs, GPs, Kits... (Its duhgirl2u2 for anyone who wants to play with my homes and such. They aren't great but they are made with love!)

I always have the intention to play my save games but often I sit down to play and four hours later I log out without ever having been in Live mode at all.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,354 Member
    It only takes them 6 hours to build a house? I can easily spend several days on one.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The comments on this twitter post had me giggling a little.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I mean there is many houses I've built and only playtested it has nothing to do with "lack of gameplay" and more to do with I just like building and I won't play in every house I build.

Plus correct me if I'm wrong isn't this a joke from before the sims 4? I've always seen jokes abt spending hours in cas and then hours building and then barely playing and I think those people were referring to the past games. So I don't know why people are making such a big deal out of this 😐
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I prefer to build the houses my Sims are going to live in. But I also very much enjoy playing the game. In fact, I'm getting ready to send a group of seven Sims off to Uni. This time, instead of using the same dorm I've used in the past, I took some time to replace the Dark Wing Student Housing lot. I replaced it with a build I had downloaded from the Gallery ages ago. Then I took the time to make it ready for seven students. (Had to remove the stove and barbeque while I was at it, seems they're not allowed in student housing. Here I thought it was just the dorms.) :open_mouth: Yeah, it probably took a good hour or more, but then I did play for a bit. I do feel curious, as to why they feel a need to mock us.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    If I spend six or more hours building a single dwelling, it's safe to say I will be spending a lot of time playing a Sim or family in that build. When creating a new save, all the worlds in that save get a makeover to fit whatever storyline I have in mind. And that is a process that can take weeks to complete. I am a storyteller, and building is done when needed rather than being my main goal. But I am very grateful to the builders who share their creations so we can use them. I am especially fond of the shells that are available for me to finish because then I can choose a certain style of architecture that fits my idea for a new storyline, then complete the inside to fit my gaming style. I am not the best, or the worst builder. But I have a tendency to rush through the building part just so I can get on with telling my stories, and my worlds end up looking like a hodgepodge of mismatched homes and venues. Then I have to go through and change everything in the middle of trying to play out a certain story. So, it just makes sense for me to get everything right from the beginning, and just play. And as far as Sims4 lacking in the gameplay department, it does to a certain degree, but I do enjoy what there is, and using a few mods that add something I think is missing helps to keep my interest in playing alive.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I hate building, and whenever I'm forced to do it because neither the game nor the gallery can provide what I'm looking for, I feel so burnt-out afterwards that I can't play anymore. So yeah, this quote actually describes me in a way, albeit for all the wrong reasons.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I don't really build because I'm not good at it and I don't have the patience to take hours and days to figure it out. It can take me two days to design just a room sometimes, lol.

But I can relate to this post when it comes to CAS. I absolutely love TS4's CAS, playing around in there creating Sims, restyling Sims, making pets, experimenting... I can spend several hours making a Sim or two, put them in game, play them for an hour and then switch households and not revisit them for months. But that's the beauty of the game. You just find what you like doing and live in the moment. 😊
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Yeah, I think this is mostly a joke in regards to those who spend most of their time creating vs actually using their creations. The joke isn't that there isn't things to do I'm game mode but some people just spend most of their time in creation mode.

An alternate version of this is players who spend like 99% of their time on the game in CAS mostly vs in game. Sandbox games like this allow different kind of players. Some prefer the roleplaying/storytelling gameplay and playing with their pixel dolls. Some just prefer to make pretty worlds/houses or pretty pixel dolls and don't have much interest in playing them as much vs making them.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I hate building, and whenever I'm forced to do it because neither the game nor the gallery can provide what I'm looking for, I feel so burnt-out afterwards that I can't play anymore. So yeah, this quote actually describes me in a way, albeit for all the wrong reasons.

Yeah I was gonna say that this usually cause ppl will build or create sims before playing but they spend so much time doing it that they feel too burnt out to play in live mode.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    For me, it's more like, "Spend hours in the gallery looking for a home, spend an hour playing in the home with my Sims" lol
  • Options
    HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    For me, it's more like, "Spend hours in the gallery looking for a home, spend an hour playing in the home with my Sims" lol
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Well, that is true for every game. I have sometimes fallen victim to it (the house looks beautiful and those sims can appear elsewhere while I'm playing with another households).