Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are they serious?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    edited December 2021
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7

I played the first iteration of The Sims for 15 years without mods or cc. I personally only started Sims 4 in about 2016, so not played it for 7 years. But, I also play other video games as well. For example, I play the Story of Seasons games and while that has repetitive gameplay, it also has random cut scenes where the main objective end goal of a storyline progresses. I have dabbled into Sims 3, but I hate the open world aspect and the camera controls are not user friendly for me. I have said before I play to get rid of stress, so not having to "use my imagination" means I should not have to make up a story.

That makes sense. I always find it fascinating to see how incredibly diverse the simming community is since there are so many different ways to experience gameplay aspects of this game. Plus not everyone considers certain elements of the game to be a gameplay feature. To me Build Mode and CAS offers just as much gameplay as what Live Mode offers, whereas someone else might disagree and find that gameplay can solely be found in live mode and the interactions between sims and their environment. Nobody would be wrong either way because we play what feels right for us. We play our own, individual way. In my opinion, no matter how you play the game, playing the game is game play.

I’ve played the Sims for just 8 years starting off with TS3 in Part 2 of Part 1 of my wonderful young adulthood. I was never a child when playing the sims (although so far I’ve never been not a child 😇), I haven’t played the original Sims game either and I barely touched on Sims 2 gameplay. I do know that Sims 2 has cutscenes when performing certain interactions and although this is unique to TS2 and may feel nostalgic to some, I wouldn’t care much for it in other titles. I love the open world system and the camera in Sims 3. Managing the Sims 4 camera I find to be very uncomfortable so I will always switch back to Sims 3 mode. This is also interesting because a subtle thing like using a different camera mode alters one’s perspective on gameplay and changes how one plays the game.

Although I find them to be enjoyable at times, I have little interest in farming games myself, but I do realize it’s what a lot of simmers do.
    I play adventure games and open world RPGs and I prefer games with character creation mode and worlds that I can freely roam in. I don’t care much for hard core shooting business either, I’m the kinda guy who wanders or drives around the place and takes it all in at his own pace between missions. Unless -of course- some troll or mech comes charging at me, but it’s fun enough to blast the thing out of my way if need be. Another person might chuckle and think there aren’t enough trolls to shoot in my preferred difficulty mode. But I don’t care. They can have their trolls. As long as I have a good horse. Or car. 😅

One of my primary methods of stress relief is using my imagination. In fact, I can’t imagine NOT using my imagination to get rid of stress or tension. This is why the sims (4) works for me and maybe not for others. And that’s totally fine.
    What I do need is more significant gameplay features geared toward the kids and teens like fun activities that ARE NOT rabbit holes and DO NOT include the sims using electronic technology in-game. While the cooking and gardening are OK, those are chores for the kids. I also want more significant gameplay for the elderly Sims. I have made challenges to help me find an end goal for a individual save file, but there is not ways to make each generation played in a save feel unique. The Sims in Sims 4 all seem to have the same empty personalities.

That’s fair enough. I agree that Sims’ fun levels often rely too much on technology (I wish we could abandon those darn phones altogether) and the Ai still needs a decent tuning session so that my evil sims can be truly evil. I would still like my sims to suffer more consequences depending on their behavior towards other sims. And I have a mountain of other stuff I’d still like to see in this fourth title. Having said that, I find it hard to get bored with the game because I can always find something to do. This is coming from someone who doesn’t play community challenges at all.

Almost every DLC that has been released so far has given me ways to enrich the stories I’d like to explore. I say “almost “because one specific kit has yet to inspire me…😬.
    Most packs encourage me to tell new, different stories or add fresh, interesting elements to an existing story.
    But I can also understand how the Sims 4’s current state is not for everyone and that the game will only become playable when two or three specific features are added. That’s Ok too and hopefully these features will be added soon and implemented well.