Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Modern Menswear Positive Thoughts Discussion

As I indicated in the kit announcement thread I'm fairly neutral about this kit. I have one male sim in my household and he's had the same outfits for a very, very long time. I much prefer to plan outfits for my female sims. Pretty dresses, bright colors, girly girl, etc.

Having said that, this kit immediately gave me David Rose vibes. Some of you may be familiar with the show. Schitt's Creek. The main character, David Rose, is played by Dan Levy, who's real life style is very similar to the style of the character he portrays in the show.

And this is what I like about this kit. It gives me an opportunity to try something in my game that I wouldn't normally do. It's not for everyone and that's ok. If you're considering purchasing the kit then please share your plans for using the content. Maybe you already have a sim in mind or maybe, like me, you're inspired to create a totally new sim to showcase these fashions.

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    The pretty girly skirts & short dresses will come in handy for my female sims. Personally, I have a Womenswear vibe with this kit.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,874 Member
    @SERVERFRA I'm eager to try some of the outfits for my female sims also.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I love the tartan jacket with the skirt, I think it will look great on females, with high boots. I also love the shoes and boots they included. Also, some of the pants look really nice.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The yellow pullover looks awesome and even the skirt outfit is ok when combined with leggings. I hope for some sexy sleepwear!
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    What I REALLY want notwithstanding, I gotta say there's some awesome textures going on there. These clothes are great for your family man, instead of more party-clothes or athleisure or t-shirts.

I wanna give the Devs a big old round of applause for making more knitting textures.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    SWEATERS
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    The sweaters look great, - heck those and some of the pants are enough to interest me. The skirt/kilts rocked me back a bit, but as I mentioned in the other thread, several of the premades have attacked my brain, wanting these new fashions. I'm now regarding these sims as interesting, which is totally amazing, since I usually ignore or delete them.

I haven't had this much fun/inspiration in ages. I'm now looking forward to this kit.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I wonder if these will pair well with the Incheon Arrivals kit? I'm looking forward to doing some makeovers! Some will be serious, while others...well, I do love me some wacky fashions, sometimes.
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I'm glad the Sims is bringing in some more designers and brands to add something a bit unusual to the game. Real statement pieces, which can define a character!

The Moschino pack is one of my faves for that exact reason, and I like a number of the pieces in here (though personally I'd rather have more Jeremy Scott - his are more fun). I particularly like the blue outfit, and I agree that some of these'll be excellent for celebs, David Rose types, and the deliciously extra.

I also like that it's thrown half the fandom into a tizzy. It's good to divide opinion sometimes. There's still potential for a Conservative Manhood Kit some day, but this pack is doing its own thing.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I haven't made the choice yet to buy it, but there's a number of items I like in this pic from EA blog, so I am definitely curious to see an overview of everything.
    OFnpBDi.jpg

The first and second outfit are great. I don't love the sweater in the third outfit but curious to see the other swatches. And I wonder about the fourth. It could be a full body outfit, a matching set or categorized as a top that can be combined with trousers. The first or second option being the most likely.
    Men can look great in skirts and I am keeping an open mind about this kit. I don't wear skirts/dresses in IRL and I appreciate the fact that I have the choice. Men should be able to make the same choice. Not wearing a skirt does not a man make. :)

WfNXnn3.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited November 2021
    Thank you so much for starting this thread!

I personally love it when men wear skirts in real life, so I’m happy that this kit acknowledges that practice. I’ll admit it, I love it when men are fashionably dressed, and I personally find men’s legs very attractive! ❤️
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I haven't made the choice yet to buy it, but there's a number of items I like in this pic from EA blog, so I am definitely curious to see an overview of everything.
    OFnpBDi.jpg

Just please, please may that denim jacket and jeans set (black in this image) be separates. I really like that jacket. I like the jeans too, but I want to use them separately as well as together.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited November 2021
    It's hard to know what will be separate objects with regards to the things that might be combo trouser-skirts, or will they be comboed with the tops. I suppose that sort of thing would be up to how they're sold in Cooke's catalogue. It will be more interesting to see how they combo with all other packs, or even what happens when women wear them! Or older men?

Nonetheless, the more I see of them, the more I like them.

I still don't think I'm going to buy the pack though. Partly because kits are a rip-off. It's not like I bought the Incheon kit, and that had things that would look neat on some of my Sims too.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I posted this in a different thread but it works here as well.

At first glance I was like woah I'm not sure about the clothes in this kit, but after seeing additional pictures and looking at Stefan Cooke's clothing line then I understood what I was looking at; the aesthetics of the clothes. I do like some of the sweaters and can pair them up with some nice shorts, or jeans for my sims. The shoes are nice too. I can use this kit for my sims.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited November 2021
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    I'm ready to go.

wXVFuOc.png

I might make a household with David and his sister, Alexis. Her fashion choices were kind of eclectic and boho.

Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited November 2021
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited November 2021
    (Darn sorry, posted this response in the wrong thread)

I likely won't get the pack, but I do genuinely like the yellow sweater. I hope it comes in an array of bright colors. I'm not into the neutral stuff, but I like seeing warm looks.

EDIT: YELLOW, not orange. I swear I know my colors.
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    Not fan of the Kit, but posting here because I am glad for those who are happy about it :) Plus in general I like positive threads more :P
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Not fan of the Kit, but posting here because I am glad for those who are happy about it :) Plus in general I like positive threads more :P

I've just popped into this thread to say the same thing. I'm always glad for a kit/pack that's makes people happy even if it's not my cup of tea.

I also wanted to apologise if any of my comments in the other thread upset anyone. It's never my intention.

I'm intrigued to see how everyone implements this kit into their game, and I appreciated the amount of detail that had gone into the kit even if it's not for me. :smile:
  • Options
    figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    edited November 2021
    I'm ready to go.

wXVFuOc.png

I might make a household with David and his sister, Alexis. Her fashion choices were kind of eclectic and boho.

Wow! That's totally David! Will you share on the gallery? I want to steal him for my save.

As for the kit, I am so super excited for this. I love seeing gender blending things in the Sims. I wish they'd fix all the masculine/feminine frame fitting issues with the other clothes in game with a pre-kit update.

Super exciting.
    Post edited by figgy on
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I love the Rose Family! @simgirl1010 your David is amazing! Great shirt choice!

I don't mind skirts for men, it just depends on the style. I'm glad these are in a kit because they're not really my taste so I can just skip it. But I would really like to see a "Men in Skirts" picture thread once the pack comes out. Then I can share some of my current skirty males too. Maybe the people who get the pack can inspire some of us with their outfit ideas. 🙂
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited November 2021
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    The pretty girly skirts & short dresses will come in handy for my female sims. Personally, I have a Womenswear vibe with this kit.
    Unfortunately, I will have to go in and take off all those (or at least most of ) those skirts off of my male townies….. where I live ( a fairly large city ) I have never seen a man wear a skirt….

But, I’m looking forward to seeing more pieces…. Um…..like male pants and non sweater shirts ( I hope ). I do kind of like that Void Critter, or whatever it is, sweater. And so far….that’s my positive thought!
  • Options
    I downloaded David from the Gallery. Just search for David Rose
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Just please, please may that denim jacket and jeans set (black in this image) be separates. I really like that jacket. I like the jeans too, but I want to use them separately as well as together.

I really hope that too, but you're right to be concerened, could be either at this point.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...