Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you prefer new packs or game improvements?

Comments

• Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I'm happy to wait for more packs while they work on updates for the base game and pack refreshes
    Make the Sims themselves more interesting and unique, and make the entire storyline change depending on the Sim you create. Tinker and tinker until it works, especially since they seem to be making this the last Sims game ever.

I would be much happier with a game that works over more stuff that doesn't.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,128 Member
    I don't want to see any new packs until the core of the game and existing packs are completely fixed
    I've been saying forever that the personality system is broken, and that all Sims are basically alike because of this, regardless of traits. I want to see this fixed before anything else.

But they won't. There's no money to be had in fixes, and plenty of money to make with new packs---guess which one they'll choose?
  • Options
    RochertRochert Posts: 168 Member
    edited October 2021
    I don't want to see any new packs until the core of the game and existing packs are completely fixed
    To tell you the truth, I am also one of Simmers who are looking forward to new packs, but I dare to say, "No new packs until critical bugs are fixed."

Recently I found several bugs that I have never experienced before, such as bathtubs unable to be repaired or strange animation while operation of Sims in a doctor carrier.
    I think there are some Simmers (like me) who sometimes feel like to play the existing content, and they would be sad when they find there are glitches in the game in which there were no problem before.

I hope, when releasing new packs, they will take enough time to check that additional functions do not have any bad effect on the existing one, and vice versa. Even if it requires a long time, I don' t mind and I can wait for that.
    Post edited by Rochert on
    Learn as if you were to live forever. Live as if you were to die today.
    My Gallery
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited October 2021
    I'm happy to wait for more packs while they work on updates for the base game and pack refreshes
    Although it depends on the type of update and pack
    I really like those beefy updates before those expansion packs.
    I really would like a update to build mode, more floor levels!!!
    I really want to build a towering castle, and I could build 7 floors high I think that would be enough.

Pack wise
    I really want a werewolves Game pack, more magical/supernatural content
    Otherwise a castle living expansion pack would be cool.

Otherwise I wouldn’t mind seeing Get together getting a update to the club system, connecting it more with other packs I feel like there are more things Sims could/should/would interact with together. More club perks they’d benefit from as a club.

If they update packs they better undo the nerfs too. I’m looking at Vampires and Spellcasters. I just want to see power upgrades
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,385 Member
    I'm happy with the game as it is so I don't mind what they do
    I'm okay with the game as it is. Of course I'd like to see them fixing the existing bugs before they release more packs, but it's never going to happen and I'm not even going to expect it. The updates on the base game and existing packs are great, but not a necessity for me.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Ive bought content since release of the game. 2 expansions, 3 gampacks and 2 kits. I hoped with dlc i could really get into it and try to accept it as it is. But i still dont feel as engaged as when im playing ts2 or even ts3.

I really want them to add the things in my sig & really work to bring personality to the sims.

There is the idea that maybe im not satisfied until its as close as ts2 as possible but...in reality thats not true. Sims 3 personality and wants worked differently than Ts2 and i still loved it for what it is.

Sims 4 personality, wants, systems etc just arent as sophisticated as the others, and not as engaging for me
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Refreshing old packs is huge for me because many of us have felt shortchanged. If I put aside what I want and look at all they’ve been doing for free, I get the sense that they’re really trying to improve the game in various areas. Last year they responded with words, but their actions since then have proven it. And that makes sense to me because these things do take time.

I don’t want them to have too many teams working on the game code simultaneously - the left hand has to know what the right hand is doing and vice versa. Imagine 10 hands trying to coordinate anything, I think that’s just asking for complications and therefore more bugs.

I know it’s hard when you’re starved for content, like if there hasn’t been a pack you like in a year or more, I know how that feels. But how do you know they won’t do something you like in a refresh or base game update, and for free? We’ve all spent an EXCESSIVE amount on this game. Let them make it make sense.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Quite a few things have been broken for a long time, but have largely gone ignored... and it often gets so frustrating!

Especially Dine Out! That game pack is severely broken!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Ive bought content since release of the game. 2 expansions, 3 gampacks and 2 kits. I hoped with dlc i could really get into it and try to accept it as it is. But i still dont feel as engaged as when im playing ts2 or even ts3.

I really want them to add the things in my sig & really work to bring personality to the sims.

There is the idea that maybe im not satisfied until its as close as ts2 as possible but...in reality thats not true. Sims 3 personality and wants worked differently than Ts2 and i still loved it for what it is.

Sims 4 personality, wants, systems etc just arent as sophisticated as the others, and not as engaging for me

I actually prefer Sims 3 personalities to the Sims 2. I prefer traits over all because I think they offer a lot more variation and in the Sims 3 they really worked well, you could easily tell what traits a sim had just off their different behaviours.

The Sims 4 traits are always over shadowed by emotions, these two factors just do not work together.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,536 Member
    I really want them to improve the base game and add more depth to game packs and expansion pack.
    Otherwise it's just putting lipstick on a pig.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    I would like updates and improvements of the game, and also have new packs (good ones please). I would like new relevant stuff, like new gameplay elements, new objects and interactions, new life states, new personality traits, new different and unique worlds with multiple lots to build :)
  • Options
    motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    The Refreshes are what I want to see in this game. I don't believe the Sims4 Base game was or is worth the 60.00 dollars I spent on it from launch. I want them to work on the core of the base game like they should have done from the beginning. Then finish refreshing what is already out. I don't know why they didn't start fixing the base game a year after launch. They should have refreshed the old packs after every new pack release.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I don't mind them making less packs but the recent improvements aren't enough to make it worth it
    To be worth it, it has to be improved emotions system, personalities & improved babies. Will we ever get these 3 main fixes? I don't know about that...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

I actually prefer Sims 3 personalities to the Sims 2. I prefer traits over all because I think they offer a lot more variation and in the Sims 3 they really worked well, you could easily tell what traits a sim had just off their different behaviours.

The Sims 4 traits are always over shadowed by emotions, these two factors just do not work together.

I really want a hybrid of traits and personality points (or a scale). That would work best. Also some "traits" arent traits at all. Being a vegetarian is not a trait. Its a diet. Being childish is a trait. They should also include a preferences system. Diet pref, attraction prefs, style prefs and so on
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I shouldn't have to pick. They should have a team working on fixes, team working on new content, team working on quick updates, stuff pack and game pack team etc.... This is EA not some Indie dev team that we need to be patient with. Just my opinion though...

Yes there are different teams, but Covid is still a thing and I think that now we're actually seeing the impact of the teams working from home. Heck, I think that may be why Paranormal Stuff came out in January rather than October. That may be why everything has been a bit off. The Sims teams are still mostly working from home, so everything is slower.

So while we don't need to be patient because it's just one team, we do need to be patient because those teams aren't working in the office.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I can wait if they should decide to improve old ganes and base games, but was in the incetative for EA to go that way. They don't make any money to improve old games and fix bugs, it only cost them a lot of money,
  • Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    I don't mind them making less packs but the recent improvements aren't enough to make it worth it
    These Base Game Updates better be big... Something big like the toodler Update back in 2017, someting a CC Creator can not just easily do by themselfs. Because some chair recolors aint cutting it. And looking at their recent Updates where modders already did some of the things i am not all too sure about it.

To be worth it, it has to be improved emotions system, personalities & improved babies. Will we ever get these 3 main fixes? I don't know about that...

Personality Update? Like traits? Thought that was covered and thats why we have these annoying goofballs that always pull of pranks?!
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    As someone who owns most of the packs already, I would very much appreciate BG updates and pack refreshes over new pack releases. The only DLC pack I would really like to have is some kind of Generations pack. Once they give me that my game would be pretty much complete.
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    I’m not in a rush to get any new content at this point. I think the game has many DLCs already and bunch of them need fixing so does base game. If the pause is to polish what we have now, I’m all for it.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Id much rather they fix the horrible base game by adding basics like cars freed babies and some type of world editing while they refresh packs like Dine Out and Get to Work they can continue to make their cash from those who loves kits simple items that modders can do better but it will keep their $$$ coming in.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Other...
    I would like both. I like having updates that add something to the base game and fixes bug issues but I would also like to get new packs too.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Other...
    Everything. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    edited October 2021
    Other...
    Fixes definitely over new content. Unresolved bug report is so long. But yes, I want both & have enjoyed every new pack (not batuu) & love new worlds to explore
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,365 Member
    Other...
    I think the idea of improving the base game and existing packs is nice, in theory, but after sentiments were added to the base game with no "off" toggle, I've gotten worried that other features I don't want will be added without a way to turn them off.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Other...
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I shouldn't have to pick. They should have a team working on fixes, team working on new content, team working on quick updates, stuff pack and game pack team etc.... This is EA not some Indie dev team that we need to be patient with. Just my opinion though...

Yes there are different teams, but Covid is still a thing and I think that now we're actually seeing the impact of the teams working from home. Heck, I think that may be why Paranormal Stuff came out in January rather than October. That may be why everything has been a bit off. The Sims teams are still mostly working from home, so everything is slower.

So while we don't need to be patient because it's just one team, we do need to be patient because those teams aren't working in the office.

Only real excuses to me are
    1. many of the folks moved over to working on Sim5 and that is the reason for the slow down or
    2. people quit and they have not been able to fill positions which seems to be happening around the country(doubt this would be a problem for them but who knows).

By now people should be managing through COVID and have processes in place. It is not March 2020.