The Modern Menswear Kit is available now! Picked it up? Head on over to the Screenshot thread to show off your new creations here
December 3rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!

Favorite part of building in The Sims?

My favorite part of building is right in the beginning, in which I create the layout of the house and cap it off with a good-looking roof. Creating the overall structure of the home is my favorite part. I may also do some landscaping, such as adding soil and plants around the house. As for furnishing, I tend to be very simplistic because I feel that the furnishing should be customized for the family moving in. So, very often, I would just add in the basic fixtures for the kitchen and the bathroom, so then I can have the whole house ready for moving in.

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 23,180 Member
    My mind goes blank when I'm presented with an empty lot so I rarely build but sometimes I get the urge to design a home for a particular sim. Then my favorite part is searching floor plan sites for something appropriate and recreating it in game.
    Do more of what makes you happy. 🌞
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 103 Member
    The favourite part for me has to be decorating the inside, that's the most satisfying part and taking a blank room and choosing the interior and decor. I mostly find it a bit boring constructing the actual house from scratch, unless I'm using a layout plan from Pinterest, but I do occasionally have the urge to build, although it very rarely happens.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,263 Member
    I actually like being done and playing in a house that I built. My favorite part is the end. Second to that is seeing it come together room-by-room but yes, it's fun to pick a layout as well.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 467 Member
    Building the shell layout, exterior styling (frieze, gables, doors, siding, dormers, etc) and landscaping... For some strange reason I've been really enjoying landscaping lately and giving the lots/houses some nice outside curb appeal? Yeah I know... I'm a weirdo. :D

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • LogicallyironicLogicallyironic Posts: 121 Member
    (More of 2/3 builder)

I usually base the shell off of floorplans found online or real buildings from life. Furnishing is definitely my favorite part, and the part that takes the longest by far. Decorating the lawn/outdoor areas is nice as well. I really like building community lots, and built a town in Sims 2 from scratch complete with a shopping district. It was so satisfying to realize that every building for the town was done and I could finally play in a town (modeled after small towns in my area) :)
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 12,288 Member
    Build a modern house with plans from internet.

I like to reproduce existing buildings because I'm not creative to build and furnish a house by myself.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,609 Member
    My favourite part is to idealize the floorplan. That's the only thing i do by myself without taking inspiration (or plain copying) from decoration sites :lol:
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,025 Member
    My favorite part is where I play with my Sims in the build, but that may not count. I'm honestly not sure if I have a favorite part otherwise. I like sketching out my builds, I like building them and doing the interiors too, but I probably like conceptualizing the builds best.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 4,029 Member
    I love to build houses and especially venues. Usually I build from my imagination though ocassionally I may get inspired by some building or feature seen online and try to incorporate and adapt it to my buildings. The best part is at the end, when the house or venue are done and I do a test run and sims route properly and use the objects on the lot autonomously and as intended.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 178 Member
    My favorite part of building is the challenge to take a house, whether from a pic or real life, and try to re-create it in my Sims game. I spend time researching real life houses (especially the haunted ones!) and attempt to make them as close as possible to the real one. I really enjoy decorating homes as well. Being able to actually play with your sims in the homes you build is so much fun!
  • AnnabellaroseAnnabellarose Posts: 16 Member
    I guess my favorite part of building is when I start to put paint/wallpaper and carpet/tile. I also like trying to get the roof right for the build which can also nearly frustrate me to tears.
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 114 Member
    My favorite part of building is to play in my creations. :* I don't see the point of creating something if I can't play with it after.