Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Emotional Auras no longer working?

I just noticed that after the last patch at least, no emotional objects create moodlets in my Sims, so I assume that means they are not working?
Yes, the Emotional Auras are on.
Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    edited October 2021
    Works for me. I haven't seen any other threads about it not working. Did you check Answers Headquarters for a bug report?

ETA: Sorry you're having so many problems with your game. 🙁
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    They work for me. Did you try turning them off and back on? Yes, I know, we all hate that question, but sometimes, it works lol.
  • Options
    PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    I just tried this yesterday and it worked for me.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    At some point, a clock reward stopped giving a focused moodlet in my game (years ago). But the aura toggle disappeared completely. Besides that, I haven’t had any issues. I have noticed if my sim is in the middle of something, they won’t notice a new aura in the room.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited October 2021
    Weird.
    I guess it's just me then? I have not changed anything with my game except buying Cottage Living and installing it.
    And yes, I have deactivated and activated it on several items in different rooms. No effect.

I assumed it was the latest patch that did it, but maybe not; it might be this particular save? Or this particular lot? or something? Lot Traits work, I definitely get energized if I activate the energized lot trait for example.

Edit: I can't even find anything about this problem online. All Google searches is about the opposite, a bug that makes it impossible to turn off auras.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    I wonder if it's related to the trash can bug I have in my game - since I play rotationally, sometimes the trash cans bug out and I have to go into build mode to move them (basically shift them) before they start working again. Or try a testingcheats on and reset?
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    edited October 2021
    I placed about 7 different "focusing decor" items around a room. my sim was in the room for quite a while before he got the focused moodlet. A sim day or two later I had the same sim sit in the same room with all the same objects and he never once got the focused moodlet (he was already confident... maybe that moodlet was too strong to allow the focus moodlet to happen?)

I have also had my trash cans randomly stop working. I go to throw something away or clean a toddler potty chair and it says I need a trash can to do this when there is a perfectly fine trash can a grid block away. I did not use MOO so nothing was blocking it. I had to delete and buy a new one.
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    It works but sometimes I need to take my Sim out of the room and then bring back to get the Aura moodlet.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    I finally got it working. I don't think it was a mod issue (I only us MCCC and it didn't fix itself when i removed my mod folder). Repairing the game found no issues.

After completely uninstalling the game (uninstalling, deleting the folder for EA games in My Documents and everything) rebooting and then reinstalling it worked.

I hope it doesn't come back.