Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next Expansion Speculation?

Comments

• Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I truly don't think we will get a "generations" because of how they disperse and split up content into separate packs. But, I can see us getting some kind of "family time" pack or "Family Living" :D It could add new content for families to do together as opposed to need things for each life stage.
  • Options
    lunnarilalunnarila Posts: 221 Member
    I think we will get something family/everyday-life oriented. Or at least elders. I miss this small details from previous games..... SimGuruNinja's photo with a scythe makes me think it really can be about elders. Maybe we will get proper cementaries and funerals as social event? Or maybe Grim Reaper career itself although I doubt it and don't look forward it....
  • Options
    EsiaEsia Posts: 67 Member
    I'm afraid both pictures showed early designs of San Sequoia, so the colorful one is no longer a clue about Brazilian town.

I would love a music expansion pack. I think it would be a good idea to make the world from music ep Korean to get on the k-pop hype.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited April 2023
    @Esia wrote: »
    I'm afraid both pictures showed early designs of San Sequoia, so the colorful one is no longer a clue about Brazilian town.

Nope because they wrote New Worlds instead of New World

aqhbd91vitk6.jpg

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    @Esia wrote: »

Nope because they wrote New Worlds instead of New World

aqhbd91vitk6.jpg

There is no market area in San Sequoia, only a lone food stand so, while the buildings might look similar, I also don't think the two illustrations are from the same world. I do wonder about what appears to be a castle in the background of the market picture, or maybe it's some weird looking city buildings? It does seem to be placed in a more hilly region than San Sequoia too.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I'm hoping for a hotel/resort EP or a time traveling one like Into the Future (maybe with the option of travelling to the past too)
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited April 2023
    For me, and I've said this before, the one real wish I have is for Hotels and a real vacations pack where you can both visit, work at and run a hotel or even different kinds of hotel, from b&b to 5 star resort. For me and ideal Vacation EP would come with a world that is not based on the US or Europe, like India or Morocco (since we have a lot of objects from those cultures already that would tie well with a new EP). Things I'd like to see:

* More pool options, like pool bars, pool slides, pool stairs (not ladders) and pool shapes. This could work well with the splash park items from GrT. Add a new venue type (waterpark).
    * Vacation aspirations (visit all worlds, eat food from every region, live at a hotel...)
    * Hotel aspirations
    * A new exciting and different world rich in culture and activities
    * New beach activities such as surfing or wind surfing
    * New food from the region
    * New clothing and decor and architecture
    * New hobbies based on the region
    * New holiday traditions based on the region
    * New festivals and events that are tied to the region
    * A basegame revamp to museums, including active or semi active careers as a museum curator
    * A basegame update to allow you to travel for work (for instance if you are an interior decorator), so that you don't have to go on vacation when you stay overnight somewhere (but can if you want to)
    * And why not throw in a base game update for the heart shaped bed, come on, it belongs in a cheesy motel!
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    FamilyFarmerFamilyFarmer Posts: 40 Member
    One of the SimGurus (I forget who) confirmed on Twitter that both pictures teased during the Summit are San Sequoia. "New Worlds" was misnomer.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I'm hoping the next EP has something to do with occults or futuristic sci-fi or historical past eras. I hope the next EP has absolutely nothing to do with real life in the present.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Dr. BorpoDr. Borpo Posts: 26 Member
    I'm hoping the next EP has something to do with occults or futuristic sci-fi or historical past eras. I hope the next EP has absolutely nothing to do with real life in the present.

Yes! It would be nice if it was something maybe unique to only the Sims 4 in an occult aspect--something we've never gotten before! Like Imaginary Friends (just as an example of single game-unique occult) but with an expanded skill tree.
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    My dream pack would be something to do with danger or death that would also include funerals and graveyards and anything else like that. Maybe a game pack? But I'm tired of having gravestones clutter up on my lot and I'd prefer to have my sims do more activities that could kill them, like skydiving or jumping over canyons on motorcycles, while also potentially revamping ghosts (or potentially introducing other occults, I don't know, I'm not a mind reader).
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    Grunge revival kit gave ma a little hope that bands are coming.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Esia wrote: »
    Grunge revival kit gave ma a little hope that bands are coming.

Same here! 🥰🥁🎸🎺🎻🎶
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I'm still hoping for Drums, Flutes, Harps, Saxophones &Trumpets. ;)
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    If the next EP is bands based I hope we can put stages in builds that will automatically spawn bands so we can create venues with live music.

I also hope band gigs will show up on the calendar so we can go see certain bands play.

Obviously the main point would be more instruments and growing a band, gaining status etc but I would also like my non bands families to be able to go see live music.
  • Options
    It's going to be challenging to create some system of fame for bands expansion pack that is independent of the one from Get Famous, but could also work with it. I think it's doable though.
  • Options
    It's going to be challenging to create some system of fame for bands expansion pack that is independent of the one from Get Famous, but could also work with it. I think it's doable though.

The fame in Get Famous is for individuals, if they were to add a fame system with a music pack, maybe it will be geared more towards group fame rather than individual fame especially if they add bands. If they don't add bands I don't think they need to add another fame system, the one in Get Famous will do. Would be nice to have more instruments that sims can play without being in a band like ukulele or saxophone or a steel drum they can make themselves.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

The fame in Get Famous is for individuals, if they were to add a fame system with a music pack, maybe it will be geared more towards group fame rather than individual fame especially if they add bands. If they don't add bands I don't think they need to add another fame system, the one in Get Famous will do. Would be nice to have more instruments that sims can play without being in a band like ukulele or saxophone or a steel drum they can make themselves.

I think it would be a bit weird if bands/music expansion pack didn't come with some system of fame for a solo career in music. Not every player is going to have Get Famous.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

I think it would be a bit weird if bands/music expansion pack didn't come with some system of fame for a solo career in music. Not every player is going to have Get Famous.

We do have a music career and not every instrument player or singer is famous. Currently we can play for tips, but I would love it if it would be possible to play as regular gig in a bar or lounge or restaurant or maybe a concert in a theatre hall or park or something. So they can have an active music career but not necessarily with fame. If they must add a fame system, they could add the same one from Get Famous and expand it to include music fame and maybe music awards system. I am fine with the fame system we have but from a music pack I would like, besides more instruments, more flexibility and more ways to earn a living from playing an instrument. Like be able to advertise the sim as a pianist on SimWeb and then get job opportunities like be a regular pianist monday through friday at a restaurant, and then play at a couple of weddings on the weekends.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I would hope that they would include a fame system that could interact with the current fame system or work independently of it if you don't have GF. I have GF, I wouldn't feel cheated if they reused the fame system for bands, on the contrary I would be frustrated if the two packs didn't work together.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2023
    The next EP will definitely be about horses. Some gaming website just leaked the name Horse Ranch EP.

sims-4-horse-ranch-release-date-1140x673.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,039 Member
    My hopes:

* Horse Ranch EP based in an Arizona-like world (seems a given at this stage)
    * Hotel EP hopefully based in a region that is not the US or Europe (India is my ideal world for this, but any non US/European world would be nice)
    * Band GP that is well integrated with GF but works without it as well

Depending on what they do with pools in the Hotel EP I might want to see a Water Park GP too.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited June 2023
    I'm not a fan of Pets EP so I'm not enthusiast about "Pets part 4" EP in particular if snakes are still missing.

Pets part 1 : Cats & Dogs
    Pets part 2 : My First Pet Stuff
    Pets part 3 : Cottage Living
  • Options
    ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    I'm not a fan of Pets EP so I'm not enthusiast about "Pets part 4" EP in particular if snakes are still missing.

Pets part 1 : Cats & Dogs
    Pets part 2 : My First Pet Stuff
    Pets part 3 : Cottage Living

I think the Pets part 4 will be horse...according to the leaking

Actually the Cats & Dogs also needs some refreshes...it is ridiculous to see kittens eat dry food straightly after birth. They should breastfeed (by their mother)/drink formula milk or eat wet food. I don't know why the team didn't add a "baby kitten/baby puppy) stages for cats & dogs