Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If You Could Only Have One Expansion Pack, What Would It Be?

Hi y'all!

The title is the question. If you could have one and only one expansion/game/stuff pack, what would it be?

I'm considering purchasing one, but I don't know how likely it is that I'd get another after that, so I want to make this one count.

I'm not making this a poll because I have no idea how many packs there are.

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    edited August 2021
    Do you currently have any packs?

Have you played any of the previous versions? What type of game-play do you most enjoy?

There are over 40 different packs to choose from.

I'd choose Cottage Living if I could only have one pack. Although it would be difficult to play without my doggy. <3
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    If I could only have one it would be seasons. Weather and seasonal holidays make a big difference to my overall enjoyment of the game.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited August 2021
    Get Together :) I would need a pack with a world. GT was my first EP and it entertained me well. There's a lot that can be done with the club system.

Edit: If you're looking for something to "play through" then this is not the pack.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    It's so hard to choose, but if I absolutely had to, I suppose it would be Seasons.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I was gonna say that if I could only have one pack, I'd play a different game. But I guess that's not helpful. :lol: Then again, anything we recommend may be meaningless without having a clue what kind of gameplay or goodies or whatever might be wanted. For me, I might choose Get Together because of the large world (which is very nice, even though it's not my favorite world), and I find the club system handy for a variety of purposes. Plus I like nightclubs and dance parties and woohoo in the shrubbery, so there's that.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Cottage Living :)
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    As far as expansion packs go I only have Get Together and City Living and by far Get Together is the better of the two. Big awesome world and fun night clubs, and several other things I occasionally get into.

Definitely no regrets getting City Living, I just get far more use out of Get Together. Personally never liked karaoke.

And my next expansion pack? Don't know. I may concentrate on the game packs as I've gotten an incredible amount of fun out of the two I own (Jungle Adventure, Vampires). If considered on a cost-to-fun ratio I'd say I did better with the game packs.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    The pack that got me into 4 was Island Living. If you're coming from another game Sulani is the most "open" feeling world so I'd recommend that. It's massively different to the other worlds and adds a totally new element and experience from the base game 🙂
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Too much pressure. I own all DLC at this point. My game is one massive EP and I ain't choosing. Right now, every single pack makes sense in my game. The world will end if I only had to choose one. My sim's world that is.
    My own world.....mmm....probably too.

Once upon a time I found myself in the same position that you find yourself in at the moment, so I decided to get a 'starter' bundle for a fair price. That's how I began playing The sims 3.

I'd do the same for Sims 4. Get a variety bundle that includes an Expansion Pack, a Game Pack and a Stuff Pack. That way you can get a better feel and understanding for what's possible in the game and how it works. Base your choice on personal interests, as there's too much to choose from and every simmer has a different play style.

For example, I love occult packs but if you don't like fantasy themed content, there's probably no point in investing in those.
    Same with Seasons. At this point I wouldn't want to play the game without a weather system. Other folks couldn't care less about a few miserable drops of rain. Same goes for STAR WARS: Journey to Batuu. A majority of simmers hate that pack on principle. One of my favourites, and so I'd recommend it to everyone. :D

You say that you have no idea about how many packs there are. If you're really interested in playing this game, I'd suggest you actually look at all the packs The Sims 4 has to offer on the website or via the Origin client. Browse through the themes that are available and base your choice on whatever sparks your interest. Then return to the forum and create that poll, so folks can provide you with more insight regarding each pack.

Unless you're very specific about what you're looking for in the sims, no one here can really help you.
    We all play our own game, not anybody elses.
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Just want to add, before buying anything I've spent a lot of time watching YouTube videos of others playing the packs and giving their opinions and videos of them ranking the packs.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    EP - Seasons
    GP - Dine Out
    SP - Laundry Day

Although I think I can play with only Seasons alone.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

Probably for the Expansion Packs, if only one, I would recommend Seasons. For myself it was a big game changer and made Sims4 much more interesting.

I didn't write this, but here's from an article:
    1. The Sims 4: Seasons

As I have already said, The Sims 4: Seasons is the best Sims 4 expansion pack because the features it introduces are essential for the game. Now let’s get into the details.

The most important features in this expansion pack are the four seasons and dynamically changing weather that bring even more reality to The Sims 4 and not only visually so that your sims need to adapt to it.

Holidays are another exciting expansion of The Sims 4: Seasons. Personally, I feel like it makes the game brighter and more vivacious, because I love when the holidays come, especially such things as preparation, visiting family, and following traditions. All of this you can find in The Sims 4: Seasons. There are many ready-made holidays and there always an option to create your own if you feel like you need more. They start at 6:00 AM and end at 2:00 AM of the next day. During the celebration, you can decorate a house and try to accomplish as much traditions as possible that vary depending on the type of holiday. On the next day, the mood of your sim will be affected by a number of traditions you have accomplished.

Another useful feature which this one of the best Sims 4 expansion packs brings to us is the calendar. Using the calendar, a player can see the upcoming weather forecasts and events, create their own holidays, and edit ones that are already in the calendar.

The last major improvement you can find in The Sims 4: Seasons expansion pack is a new occupation – gardening. You can start with zero experience as a floral designer where you can create beautiful bouquets and deliver them around the town. And after you become more proficient, you can begin a scientific career of a botanist where you will be making researches, write scientific papers, and gain rewards.

I suppose, even though I have all the Expansion Packs, even the latest one, Cottage Living would be dull without weather.

Cheers. If you mostly want to do indoors stuff without gardening or outdoor activities, then you may be able to get by without Seasons. Like living in an underground bunker, heh! ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Working hotels in various worlds including a working cruise ship.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Parenthood

More than any other, it helps me get to know my sims from the cradle, and is without doubt the MVP of my Sims 4 content.

That said, if you aren't all that interested in raising toddlers / children / teens it's probably not the one to start with, and I do like all of my Sims packs. The one least integral to day to day play, which I could most easily spare, is Journey to Batuu - but I actually rather enjoy it, in its own save, where I can commit to a setting in the Galaxy Far, Far Away.

I am not a completionist and do pick & choose packs that are of interest to me. Oddly, perhaps, I feel no draw to Seasons. Perpetual but never too hot Sims summer is fine with me.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Get Together without any doubt. I couldn't play without the club system. It's pure gold.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited August 2021
    Get together and Get to work, get together for the club system, games, and large beautiful world, get to work for the 3 careers snd retail system.

But then I also like Island living for the ocean swimming, sun tanning, loungers, fishing and beach combing. I also like city living for all of the apartments, festivals and city vibe.

And if I was to pick a 5th, I think it just might be cottage living….

I own all the packs, and each fills another piece of the puzzle.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    If I could only choose one, I would cry. But if I must, it would be seasons. I need the change of season in my game for it to last long term for me.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    I'll throw my 2 cents in, having just started my Sims 4 journey I would also have to say Island Living, but I love Seasons as well :)

Everyone knows that we're living in strange times currently, it's nice to live vicariously through my Sims and have a nice vacation since I can't at the moment.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    This is a really difficult question. There are so many expansion packs to choose from...

I think I'd take Get Together due to its world.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Get Together without any doubt. I couldn't play without the club system. It's pure gold.

Nice. That's what I was saying. Depends on personal preference. I love that EP pack too, kinda what I meant, sacrificing for the one and ONLY Expansion Pack you can have. Then that's awesome! It's a tough call though with Base-Game + only one EP. (The topic is not about GP's or SP's) ;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    Wow I did not expect to get this many replies. 😅 Thank you, everyone, for taking the time to tell me your thoughts! Get Together and Seasons seem to be the most popular choices.
    Do you currently have any packs?

Have you played any of the previous versions? What type of game-play do you most enjoy?

There are over 40 different packs to choose from.

I'd choose Cottage Living if I could only have one pack. Although it would be difficult to play without my doggy. <3
    I have the Holiday pack. If by previous versions you mean Sims 1-3, no I have not played them. I like having new places to explore and hidden content to uncover.
    I'd do the same for Sims 4. Get a variety bundle that includes an Expansion Pack, a Game Pack and a Stuff Pack. That way you can get a better feel and understanding for what's possible in the game and how it works. Base your choice on personal interests, as there's too much to choose from and every simmer has a different play style.
    That's a good idea. 🤔
    You say that you have no idea about how many packs there are. If you're really interested in playing this game, I'd suggest you actually look at all the packs The Sims 4 has to offer on the website or via the Origin client.
    I have looked around before and I've watched YouTubers use them. I know that there are a lot of packs, but I'm really only somewhat familiar with the big boy ones like City Living and Cats & Dogs. I will definitively look through them all again when I get the chance, and perhaps come back and make a poll, like you suggested. 😁

Thanks again, everyone!! *hugs*
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    You may also want to check out Carl's Sims 4 guide. He has guides for all the packs.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/
  • Options
    ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I own all the EPs and all the non-occult GPs. If I could only choose one of each of them, I'd pick City Living and Parenthood. I've gotten more than my money's worth out of both packs.

As for stuff packs, I'm partial to Bowling Night Stuff, but I wouldn't consider any one of those packs essential to someone on a limited budget to expand their basegame.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited August 2021
    It I had nothing else in the game, then I'd just get Seasons. It's not my favorite pack, but that's because when I got it (and to this day) it felt like they just ripped out a huge chuck of the game and sold it separately. If the basegame is the skeleton and organs, Seasons is the rest of the bodily makeup and function, as well as the clothing.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    Although I own all of the packs, I would definitely have to say Seasons if I could only have one.