Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sometimes Less Is More

Comments

• Options
    SuRihtanilSuRihtanil Posts: 1,456 Member
    edited August 2021
    Also could you picture the hype of yearly expansion pack? The sims team being open throughout the year with the expansion they're working on. I would bet some simmers would pay $60 for it. A massive! MASSIVE expansion with loads of content! Do away with these gamepacks & stuffpacks all together. EA would have droves of fans lined up waiting for midnight release of new sims EP.... twitch would probably see 50,000 people watching the sims on launch day. Yet as you stated things are to watered down and there's just to much meaningless content being sold in store and it kills excitement because there's just to much!
  • Options
    caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    We get it. You hate The Sims 4 :p
    he/him
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    SuRihtanil wrote: »
    Also could you picture the hype of yearly expansion pack? The sims team being open throughout the year with the expansion they're working on. I would bet some simmers would pay $60 for it. A massive! MASSIVE expansion with loads of content! Do away with these gamepacks & stuffpacks all together. EA would have droves of fans lined up waiting for midnight release of new sims EP.... twitch would probably see 50,000 people watching the sims on launch day. Yet as you stated things are to watered down and there's just to much meaningless content being sold in store and it kills excitement because there's just to much!

I don't understand why they would do this do, though. Multiple pack types at different price points is better for business because some people only want a small part of something and waiting a year to pay $60 for a couple items in a giant pack would turn off a lot of consumers. Also, like we said before, the Sims waiting a year for updates doesn't make sense in 2021 - it's not based on real-life yearly sports seasons. It's a fun idea but I think the era of giant World Adventures like EPs is over. Instead, EA tries to create hype all year long which works better for the game changer model they've built.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2021
    caliposs wrote: »

Actually, no, I don't. However, I'm still waiting to see the Great Pumpkin myself.

If you understood what I meant by how Barbie flooded the market with too much and collectors with discriminating taste of what is valuable know anything after the '70's is not worth collecting because anyone will be able to find a doll of that sort still in a box because they flood the market. Even their exclusive toys can't be given away at a garage sale.

It's the same for any other product, if a company is just like anyone else and flood the market with a product it's appeal is not as valuable to players who know a good product takes time and worth waiting on.

It's why some games don't come out with sequels for years after the last one. What I see in TS4 is a whole lot of hurried content that everyone (those who still play and still buy) only turn around and complain about. Those of us not buying aren't the ones making threads about how bad a new pack was, it's the players who buy them, we only join in to say we agree it didn't look all that great or didn't meet the expectations of what people expect from Maxis.

This game, people really don't hold them to any standards since they keep buying, complain about features that were not up to par and or bugs that were obvious but hope and buy the next new thing without hesitation. It's the TS4 player who is complaining about Maxis, those of us who aren't playing or buying or play and stopped buying just point out what we already knew.

What's wrong with wanting them to slow down and do bigger packs with more depth and let the customer breathe before releasing anything. I mean really is this game so boring players need stuff everyday? Every few months? I remember a time when EPs held us over until the next year or about 9-10 months later. Doesn't that say a lot about a game when people have to and need to buy something new every few months? It says a lot about a depth of a game. If it doesn't quench the thirst of a player then there is something wrong and says a lot of how a company has lowered it's standards to just feed the green eyed monster of money.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Actually, no, I don't. However, I'm still waiting to see the Great Pumpkin myself.

If you understood what I meant by how Barbie flooded the market with too much and collectors with discriminating taste of what is valuable know anything after the '70's is not worth collecting because anyone will be able to find a doll of that sort still in a box because they flood the market. Even their exclusive toys can't be given away at a garage sale.

It's the same for any other product, if a company is just like anyone else and flood the market with a product it's appeal is not as valuable to players who know a good product takes time and worth waiting on.

It's why some games don't come out with sequels for years after the last one. What I see in TS4 is a whole lot of hurried content that everyone (those who still play and still buy) only turn around and complain about. Those of us not buying aren't the ones making threads about how bad a new pack was, it's the players who buy them, we only join in to say we agree it didn't look all that great or didn't meet the expectations of what people expect from Maxis.

This game, people really don't hold them to any standards since they keep buying, complain about features that were not up to par and or bugs that were obvious but hope and buy the next new thing without hesitation. It's the TS4 player who is complaining about Maxis, those of us who aren't playing or buying or play and stopped buying just point out what we already knew.

What's wrong with wanting them to slow down and do bigger packs with more depth and let the customer breathe before releasing anything. I mean really is this game so boring players need stuff everyday? Every few months? I remember a time when EPs held us over until the next year or about 9-10 months later. Doesn't that say a lot about a game when people have to and need to buy something new every few months? It says a lot about a depth of a game. If it doesn't quench the thirst of a player then there is something wrong and says a lot of how a company has lowered it's standards to just feed the green eyed monster of money.

As I basically said in my earlier post, this model has obviously been extremely profitable for them or they would have abandoned it by now. The harsh truth is they are not building this game for the audience they had 20 years ago they’re building it now to attract a newer younger audience and if some long haulers stick in and continue to purchase then it’s a bonus but they’re not who is being catered to, and despite their bluster that it means doom for the franchise if the old timers aren’t heeded The Sims 4 is now 7 years old with no apparent plans to end anytime soon and that wouldn’t be the case if what they’re doing wasn’t working for them, and being a massive corporation working for them means garnering a healthy profit margin.
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    haneul wrote: »

Like I said - once or twice a year just isn't acceptable for AAA games in 2021. There are so many games for people to play. You want to constantly have your game out there in the news, etc. to stand out and it's easiest to do that with monthly or at least quarterly updates. If you wait a year people will start rumors about your "dead" game and the problems that must be going on at your studio, because the industry pressure to update is so extreme now that the assumption is that there must be a problem if it's taking you that long to produce new content. Also, for better or worse, more updates lead to more $.

This. This is modern gaming. People want new updates as often as possible. I'm also playing Valheim, which is still in early access. And so many people lost interest in the game when there wasn't an update every week. It's been a couple of months now without an update. And Animal
    Crossing hasn't had a major update since February, and most people I know have completely stopped playing now. People want frequent updates and new content all the time for major games today.

Would that be because they're bored?

• Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2021
    As it is said it is subjective but for me I prefer more features that is really useful than items and will add to my creativity such features I may never see such as creating, editing lots. Neighborhood creation kits. The connection of Neighborhoods are nice but I am forced to to create neighborhoods the way EA/Maxis want me to design them and it makes my play with Sims 4 quite trite and boring. For me I have no fear of Sims 4 becoming overwhelming as I feel it lacks more features than items and no it will never be like Sims 2 or 3 as it evolution for Sims 4 was quite different than those two and for me not for the better. But as said it is all subjective and to each their own. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited August 2021

Wow, she can post her opinion just like you can, just like she said she does not hate the game. People can be disappointed in something w/o hating it. Also do not know where you get "We" from for I like her post.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited August 2021

As I basically said in my earlier post, this model has obviously been extremely profitable for them or they would have abandoned it by now. The harsh truth is they are not building this game for the audience they had 20 years ago they’re building it now to attract a newer younger audience and if some long haulers stick in and continue to purchase then it’s a bonus but they’re not who is being catered to, and despite their bluster that it means doom for the franchise if the old timers aren’t heeded The Sims 4 is now 7 years old with no apparent plans to end anytime soon and that wouldn’t be the case if what they’re doing wasn’t working for them, and being a massive corporation working for them means garnering a healthy profit margin.

Hmmm, love to see those Excel spreadsheets as it is not the Sims 4 alone that is keeping them afloat for in my eyes Sims 4 may be still somewhat of an cash cow it is not the cash cow of yesteryear.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I personally think the problem with this over abundance of packs is because they are soooooo skimpy in content! Past sims games didn't have nearly as many packs, but felt more complete or meatier because .... they were.

An expansion pack in TS3 for example, would amount to a TS4's EP, GP, and SP combined.

They dibby up this and that and spread it out so thin people are starved for more content.

This way of marketing is not going to change, they are making money hand over fist by splitting up things that could have easily gone together in a larger pack, but by piece-mealing it out into 3 separate packs, they have made double the money than if they would have just made one larger EP.

My advice is just to sit back and continue to play TS2 because I feel like TS4 is going to be around for a few more years and dwelling on all the changes in TS4 and irritation you have over the game and with EA/Maxis's probably isn't good for you.

I've just come to accept it is what it is and when I get fed up with the limitations and lack of gameplay, I'm happy I can go back to TS2 or TS3 and play those.

Yes and also for those that are into features they are hoping some will forget those features and believe it or not some has but I will never forget. I been acknowledged Sims 4 will never be the cream of my crop and I will not ever pay full price on anything that is produced for it. The way I see it you only can get so far with items and no features. One day this series will end as other great franchises before it and that I accept.
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    The Sims 4 is worse than The Sims 3 in every aspect.
  • Options
    Renato10 wrote: »

Even if subjective, I have to agree for me.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited August 2021

Not everything. CAS and visuals are great. The art style is perfect. I still have trouble looking at my sims 3 characters, i have to blur my eyes and pretend they look human and not potatoes
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Hmmm, love to see those Excel spreadsheets as it is not the Sims 4 alone that is keeping them afloat for in my eyes Sims 4 may be still somewhat of an cash cow it is not the cash cow of yesteryear.

Never said Sims 4 was keeping them afloat, I said it's obviously profitable the way it is or they wouldn't still be making it and talking about years more content to come.
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member

Not everything. CAS and visuals are great. The art style is perfect. I still have trouble looking at my sims 3 characters, i have to blur my eyes and pretend they look human and not potatoes

in technical terms it is. graphics are subject to opinion.
  • Options

Hmmm with top of the line video cards I never saw my Sims as potatoes.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member

I've got a 1TB laptop with a GREAT video card,and every single Sim(including children) in Sims 3 STILL suffer from fat faces and blobby noses. I don't think graphics cards have anything to do with Sims 3 looks..I think it was laziness on the part of the ones who designed the Sims in the first place. It's like they slapped the pudding face/blobby nose template into Sims 3 CAS and called it a day.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    edited August 2021

I've got a 1TB laptop with a GREAT video card,and every single Sim(including children) in Sims 3 STILL suffer from fat faces and blobby noses. I don't think graphics cards have anything to do with Sims 3 looks..I think it was laziness on the part of the ones who designed the Sims in the first place. It's like they slapped the pudding face/blobby nose template into Sims 3 CAS and called it a day.

All said it is still subjective as I say again I never saw my Sims as potatoes looking what your Sims may looked like on your laptop may look different on mine as we use different equipment. In some aspects yes an graphic card does influence how an game will look. In sims 3 it had scaling system where Sims 4 has no scaling system meaning no matter how high end your system may be, the bells and whistles are the same whereas in Sims 3 an high end system the better the specs the better the bells and whistles. To be honest I care about gameplay which includes features that add to the game and I loved the features Sims 3 had versus what Sims 4 has to offer. So in some aspect EA/Maxis been lazy with Sims 4 as well and I can go on but I will end it at that and to be fair I am not an avid fan of Sims 4 as I was for Sims 3 for an lot of reasons.
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    I have lost count of how many 'packs' TS4 has now, over forty? (40). How many does this game need before people feel it's 'complete'? TS2 had a handful of EPs (8) and still the most loved with only a handful of stuff packs that were not all purchased depending on taste of players. TS3 had eleven EPs and nine or so stuff packs equaling twenty packs in total. Plus, there was the store with worlds and sets and other things. Maxis never intended someone buy it all. Or did they? TS4 is a shameless DLC game boasting of over forty packs and still all of it could have been handled in a handful of actual EPs and not GPs sold under the guise of EPs and a few added worlds.

Unfortunately what most long time players know is this, most of everything and a lot not even in TS4, yet, after seven years, was almost all possible in TS2 and for sure was possible in TS3 without having to buy over forty packs to get it.

And to answer the person who said I was hungry for TS5, not really, I look forward to what they might do, but probably won't ever touch the Multiplayer if that is what it turns out to be. I'm talking about the overwhelming amount of changes especially of features people liked in 2014, and or the mess it has become and still base game features we expect from Maxis since they should know what we mean when we say improve the Sim, not the fluff, and fix the broken packs, or features before releasing a pack by now. Seven years later.

A good example of too much in TS4 is how many ways and how many times do players pay for the same emotions and or mood emitters and or ways to use the pc, the easel and or work out? Repeating the same set of gameplay features over and over is redundant no matter how many times you slap a new name on it and say it's new. Your Sim already had ways to get moodlets and emotions in the base game in 2014. There was never any need to add 40 packs to repeat any of that.

If you’re not sure how many packs there are, why don’t you take some time off from your busy feedback schedule to count them? They are all listed on Origin.

In regards to how many more packs I need before I feel the game is complete, well let’s see now...

Expansion Packs:

1. Amusement parks that our sims can own, manage, work at and visit with carnival games, rides, candy floss, candy apples, popcorn and a soft drink dispensing machine.
    2. Banks that our sims can own, manage, work at and visit with safes, ATMs and tellers so sims can have separate accounts, earn interest, get a loan, store their valuables, embezzle and rob.
    3. Cars that can be washed, built, upgraded, stolen, displayed, sold and used for racing.
    4. Casinos that our sims can own, manage, work at and visit with slot machines, poker tables and roulette tables for sims to gamble, embezzle and rob with a world like Monaco.
    5. Lifestyles of the rich with golf, tennis and sailing clubs as well as crafting fine jewelry, perfume and chocolates with a world like Dubai.
    6. Resorts that our sims can own, manage, work at and stay during vacations and honeymoons that can be built in any world and with multi-purpose lots.
    7. Cultural weddings that our sims can plan including:
    - selecting the day and time for the ceremony and reception
    - selecting the budget and customs
    - booking the venue, wedding official and place to honeymoon
    - booking the caterer and selecting the food
    - (booking the DJ if we have City Living and) selecting the music
    - selecting the decorations, wedding party and outfits
    - ordering the cake, nectar and flowers
    - an option button for those who like drama so there is a chance for something to go wrong
    - a reminder the day before to decorate the venue and pick up the cake, nectar and flowers.

Kits:

1. Swimwear (for both genders and all age groups)
    2. Sleepwear (for both genders and all age groups)
    3. Menswear (no short pants and no skin tight or baggy or sloppily worn clothes)
    4. Small appliances: matching stand mixer, food processor, juicer and deep fryer.
    5. Bathroom: wall-less overhead shower, urinal, and 1x2 bathroom stall like in TS3 (the one in DU takes up too much space)

So that would be at least 7 more EPS and 5 kits.

TS2 is not universally the most loved and no matter how many times you try to convince us that it’s the best, some of us will still prefer TS3 and/or TS4. It’s also not true that TS2 only has a handful of EPs and SPs, at least not true to those of us who have only 5 fingers on each hand.

And none of the previous Sims games were complete either. I’ve seen many requests for additional packs for the previous versions, including for TS2. I would still be buying new TS3 packs now along with TS4 if they decided to add more packs. Not for TS2 though as those low poly sims look too hideous plus there is no open world, CASt or a colour wheel. Both CAS and build modes are inferior to that of TS4 as well. The only thing I like about TS2 is OFB.

Why does it matter to you how many packs TS4 has anyway? You’ve repeatedly told us how much it doesn’t measure up to TS2 and that you have stopped playing it years ago. If TS2 is so wonderful, go play that. You’re not going to manipulate me and tens of millions of people to hate TS4. We’re going to continue asking for stuff and they will continue creating packs as long as it’s still doable and profitable.

Why should they know what people mean when people say “improve the Sim”? That can be interpreted in many ways. Everyone plays differently and they are not mind readers. Also, what you think of as an improvement can be the opposite to what others think and vice versa. I certainly don’t think adding horoscopes is an improvement to sims.

As for what you said in later posts about fixing bugs before releasing new packs, how would that speed up bug fixing when not all employees fix bugs? And if they were to “slow down and do bigger packs with more depth” then they may need to increase the price of packs accordingly to cover the addition costs so fewer simmers would be able to afford the packs. Fewer sales may then result in a lower budget for future packs which means skimpier future packs and more complaints. I’m pretty sure EA does not have a money tree. Do you have time to create more feedback threads to complain about the lack of content or EA’s supposed greed if they increase the price of these larger EPS?

Concerning “let the customer breathe before releasing anything”, why do you assume that everyone is buying everything so they would need a breather? I, as a simmer since shortly after the base game for TS1, don’t buy everything and eagerly await news of new packs. I do not need a breather. I already need to wait too long when they release packs I don’t want. And no, it’s not because I’m bored because the packs are shallow or skimpy as you like to convince players of. It’s because I want my sims to enjoy various parts of life and not only just get married, have kids, give them pets, send them to university then wait to die with some supernaturals sprinkled in.

I also don’t want them to combine packs into larger packs because I don’t want to be in a position to decide whether to tolerate something I loath, such as vampires and batuu, or miss out on something I like. I’m one of the people that hates aliens in GTW, but have to tolerate them because I love retail. I hope they add an option to turn it off. And don’t bother saying I did something to trigger them. There is nothing in the game that tells me what those triggers are, and I shouldn’t need to scour the internet to find out. Also, the pack is called “Get to Work”, not “Get Abducted” or “Get Impregnated”.

I’m glad there are now GPS and SPs. I wish they made kits the same price as SPs though so the budget would be larger and CAS kits can contain plenty of content for both genders and all ages, and build/buy kits can contain enough matching content for all rooms instead of only 1 room.

I disagree with you that “TS4 is a shameless DLC game”. I think it’s a customizable game that offers something to different types of players. GPS are targeting those who want more niche themes and SPs were originally created for people who want more stuff. Kits are more niche than SPs and targets players that only want CAS, build/buy or gameplay objects so I don’t know why you’re complaining about having too many packs when you don’t need to buy any you don’t like. Why does it bother you that they are now also giving other players what they want? If you want a game to only cater to your wants, you’ll need to either create the game yourself or have enough money to hire EA or another company to create it for you.

Sometimes I wonder if you are actually working for a competitor trying to destroy the franchise instead of trying to improve it.

As for TS5, I doubt you’ll like it any more than TS4. And as much as I want Paralives to succeed to give The Sims some healthy competition and because it’s being made by a Canadian company, I doubt it will be much of a competitor.

Perhaps your time would be better spent learning about business and game development instead of writing countless feedback posts on the forum of a game you no longer play in your effort to convince others to dislike the game as well. Who knows, maybe you’ll be the one to give EA some competition.

One more thing... if you are overwhelmed by a game with only 40+ add-on packs, you must really be overwhelmed by real life when there are so many things to do, places to go, food to taste, things to learn, people to meet, etc.
  • Options
    caconionscaconions Posts: 23 Member
    I mean I'd rather have more content to explore. So far, I haven't completely explored the game with all the packs I have but looking forward to exploring more content is one of the main reasons why I play the game. I'm scared I'll feel empty if there are lesser content/patches.
    Caco (pronounced as 'cha-cho') | she/her | a cat lady that loves onions
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2021
    g01denswan wrote: »
    I have lost count of how many 'packs' TS4 has now, over forty? (40). How many does this game need before people feel it's 'complete'? TS2 had a handful of EPs (8) and still the most loved with only a handful of stuff packs that were not all purchased depending on taste of players. TS3 had eleven EPs and nine or so stuff packs equaling twenty packs in total. Plus, there was the store with worlds and sets and other things. Maxis never intended someone buy it all. Or did they? TS4 is a shameless DLC game boasting of over forty packs and still all of it could have been handled in a handful of actual EPs and not GPs sold under the guise of EPs and a few added worlds.

Unfortunately what most long time players know is this, most of everything and a lot not even in TS4, yet, after seven years, was almost all possible in TS2 and for sure was possible in TS3 without having to buy over forty packs to get it.

And to answer the person who said I was hungry for TS5, not really, I look forward to what they might do, but probably won't ever touch the Multiplayer if that is what it turns out to be. I'm talking about the overwhelming amount of changes especially of features people liked in 2014, and or the mess it has become and still base game features we expect from Maxis since they should know what we mean when we say improve the Sim, not the fluff, and fix the broken packs, or features before releasing a pack by now. Seven years later.

A good example of too much in TS4 is how many ways and how many times do players pay for the same emotions and or mood emitters and or ways to use the pc, the easel and or work out? Repeating the same set of gameplay features over and over is redundant no matter how many times you slap a new name on it and say it's new. Your Sim already had ways to get moodlets and emotions in the base game in 2014. There was never any need to add 40 packs to repeat any of that.

If you’re not sure how many packs there are, why don’t you take some time off from your busy feedback schedule to count them? They are all listed on Origin.

In regards to how many more packs I need before I feel the game is complete, well let’s see now...

Expansion Packs:

1. Amusement parks that our sims can own, manage, work at and visit with carnival games, rides, candy floss, candy apples, popcorn and a soft drink dispensing machine.
    2. Banks that our sims can own, manage, work at and visit with safes, ATMs and tellers so sims can have separate accounts, earn interest, get a loan, store their valuables, embezzle and rob.
    3. Cars that can be washed, built, upgraded, stolen, displayed, sold and used for racing.
    4. Casinos that our sims can own, manage, work at and visit with slot machines, poker tables and roulette tables for sims to gamble, embezzle and rob with a world like Monaco.
    5. Lifestyles of the rich with golf, tennis and sailing clubs as well as crafting fine jewelry, perfume and chocolates with a world like Dubai.
    6. Resorts that our sims can own, manage, work at and stay during vacations and honeymoons that can be built in any world and with multi-purpose lots.
    - an option button for those who like drama so there is a chance for something to go wrong
    - a reminder the day before to decorate the venue and pick up the cake, nectar and flowers.

Kits:

3. Menswear (no short pants and no skin tight or baggy or sloppily worn clothes)
    4. Small appliances: matching stand mixer, food processor, juicer and deep fryer.
    5. Bathroom: wall-less overhead shower, urinal, and 1x2 bathroom stall like in TS3 (the one in DU takes up too much space)

TS2 is not universally the most loved and no matter how many times you try to convince us that it’s the best, some of us will still prefer TS3 and/or TS4. It’s also not true that TS2 only has a handful of EPs and SPs, at least not true to those of us who have only 5 fingers on each hand.

And none of the previous Sims games were complete either. I’ve seen many requests for additional packs for the previous versions, including for TS2. I would still be buying new TS3 packs now along with TS4 if they decided to add more packs. Not for TS2 though as those low poly sims look too hideous plus there is no open world, CASt or a colour wheel. Both CAS and build modes are inferior to that of TS4 as well. The only thing I like about TS2 is OFB.

Why does it matter to you how many packs TS4 has anyway? You’ve repeatedly told us how much it doesn’t measure up to TS2 and that you have stopped playing it years ago. If TS2 is so wonderful, go play that. You’re not going to manipulate me and tens of millions of people to hate TS4. We’re going to continue asking for stuff and they will continue creating packs as long as it’s still doable and profitable.

Why should they know what people mean when people say “improve the Sim”? That can be interpreted in many ways. Everyone plays differently and they are not mind readers. Also, what you think of as an improvement can be the opposite to what others think and vice versa. I certainly don’t think adding horoscopes is an improvement to sims.

As for what you said in later posts about fixing bugs before releasing new packs, how would that speed up bug fixing when not all employees fix bugs? And if they were to “slow down and do bigger packs with more depth” then they may need to increase the price of packs accordingly to cover the addition costs so fewer simmers would be able to afford the packs. Fewer sales may then result in a lower budget for future packs which means skimpier future packs and more complaints. I’m pretty sure EA does not have a money tree. Do you have time to create more feedback threads to complain about the lack of content or EA’s supposed greed if they increase the price of these larger EPS?

Concerning “let the customer breathe before releasing anything”, why do you assume that everyone is buying everything so they would need a breather? I, as a simmer since shortly after the base game for TS1, don’t buy everything and eagerly await news of new packs. I do not need a breather. I already need to wait too long when they release packs I don’t want. And no, it’s not because I’m bored because the packs are shallow or skimpy as you like to convince players of. It’s because I want my sims to enjoy various parts of life and not only just get married, have kids, give them pets, send them to university then wait to die with some supernaturals sprinkled in.

I also don’t want them to combine packs into larger packs because I don’t want to be in a position to decide whether to tolerate something I loath, such as vampires and batuu, or miss out on something I like. I’m one of the people that hates aliens in GTW, but have to tolerate them because I love retail. I hope they add an option to turn it off. And don’t bother saying I did something to trigger them. There is nothing in the game that tells me what those triggers are, and I shouldn’t need to scour the internet to find out. Also, the pack is called “Get to Work”, not “Get Abducted” or “Get Impregnated”.

I’m glad there are now GPS and SPs. I wish they made kits the same price as SPs though so the budget would be larger and CAS kits can contain plenty of content for both genders and all ages, and build/buy kits can contain enough matching content for all rooms instead of only 1 room.

I disagree with you that “TS4 is a shameless DLC game”. I think it’s a customizable game that offers something to different types of players. GPS are targeting those who want more niche themes and SPs were originally created for people who want more stuff. Kits are more niche than SPs and targets players that only want CAS, build/buy or gameplay objects so I don’t know why you’re complaining about having too many packs when you don’t need to buy any you don’t like. Why does it bother you that they are now also giving other players what they want? If you want a game to only cater to your wants, you’ll need to either create the game yourself or have enough money to hire EA or another company to create it for you.

Sometimes I wonder if you are actually working for a competitor trying to destroy the franchise instead of trying to improve it.

As for TS5, I doubt you’ll like it any more than TS4. And as much as I want Paralives to succeed to give The Sims some healthy competition and because it’s being made by a Canadian company, I doubt it will be much of a competitor.

Perhaps your time would be better spent learning about business and game development instead of writing countless feedback posts on the forum of a game you no longer play in your effort to convince others to dislike the game as well. Who knows, maybe you’ll be the one to give EA some competition.

One more thing... if you are overwhelmed by a game with only 40+ add-on packs, you must really be overwhelmed by real life when there are so many things to do, places to go, food to taste, things to learn, people to meet, etc.

You know, I'm not going away. I'm waiting for them to finally repair DO, Vampires, etc. And I'm waiting on disabled Sims and cars. I said I had lost count of the 'number' of packs. I didn't say I had lost count of what they are and the gameplay they contain that doesn't interest me, yet.
    It's not surprising to me TS4 players love to insult those who asked Maxis to take more time with packs and slow down so they can build a better product that I might buy eventually. Your insult of how I must be overwhelmed by real life when there is so many things to do is hurtful since I can no longer go do most of the things I would like to do. Thank you for reminding me of why I played games to help live out those things in a simulated life rather than a real one. TS4 is not only shallow in some ways but so are it's defenders and there is nothing 'golden' about your mouth.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    g01denswan wrote: »

Expansion Packs:

Kits:

You know, I'm not going away. I'm waiting for them to finally repair DO, Vampires, etc. And I'm waiting on disabled Sims and cars. I said I had lost count of the 'number' of packs. I didn't say I had lost count of what they are and the gameplay they contain that doesn't interest me, yet.
    It's not surprising to me TS4 players love to insult those who asked Maxis to take more time with packs and slow down so they can build a better product that I might buy eventually. Your insult of how I must be overwhelmed by real life when there is so many things to do is hurtful since I can no longer go do most of the things I would like to do. Thank you for reminding me of why I played games to help live out those things in a simulated life rather than a real one. TS4 is not only shallow in some ways but so are it's defenders and there is nothing 'golden' about your mouth.

I didn’t tell you to go away. I suggested that your time could be better spent learning some skills so you can create what you want and maybe even give EA some competition instead of constantly complaining about a game you no longer play. And I also said that “If you’re not sure how many packs there are”, you can count them. I didn’t say that you “had lost count of what they are and the gameplay they contain”.

My last paragraph was not meant as an insult. It’s disbelief that people are overwhelmed by only 40+ packs in a life simulation game when so much of real life is still not possible in the game. Most of those packs aren’t even EPs or GPS. They’re just stuff so how can people be overwhelmed on what to do? I’m not sure why you interpreted what I said as insults except perhaps so you can try to justify insulting me because I like TS4 and want to see some new packs added (instead of only the same packs and then starting over with TS5) while you want the game to end.

And I don’t appreciate your attempt to make me feel guilty. I feel bad for people with disabilities, but I’m not going to agree with them just because they have a disability.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited August 2021
    I think the fact the game was so limited at first might be a plus. It does mean that the base game can be improved as well as more packs are added and not much change of programming to be done to it as it wasn't there in the first place. This means that Patches can be used for adding to it and tying up new stuff with them.

Not sure if I'm making myself clear though!

I'm finding the game easier to play as new packs are added but now difficult to choose what to do. The new challenges in Cottage living are a way to go.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I like how there’s a segment of forum users who simultaneously complain that the game is empty, and that there is too much content.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    I like how there’s a segment of forum users who simultaneously complain that the game is empty, and that there is too much content.

i'm not complaing. i bought every pack and the kits but my mom doesn't believe orgin rebranded so its the same company but a new name so i had to switch to ccand mods recently.