Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sometimes Less Is More

1235...Next

Comments

• Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I have lost count of how many 'packs' TS4 has now, over forty? (40). How many does this game need before people feel it's 'complete'? TS2 had a handful of EPs (8) and still the most loved with only a handful of stuff packs that were not all purchased depending on taste of players. TS3 had eleven EPs and nine or so stuff packs equaling twenty packs in total. Plus, there was the store with worlds and sets and other things. Maxis never intended someone buy it all. Or did they? TS4 is a shameless DLC game boasting of over forty packs and still all of it could have been handled in a handful of actual EPs and not GPs sold under the guise of EPs and a few added worlds.

Unfortunately what most long time players know is this, most of everything and a lot not even in TS4, yet, after seven years, was almost all possible in TS2 and for sure was possible in TS3 without having to buy over forty packs to get it.

And to answer the person who said I was hungry for TS5, not really, I look forward to what they might do, but probably won't ever touch the Multiplayer if that is what it turns out to be. I'm talking about the overwhelming amount of changes especially of features people liked in 2014, and or the mess it has become and still base game features we expect from Maxis since they should know what we mean when we say improve the Sim, not the fluff, and fix the broken packs, or features before releasing a pack by now. Seven years later.

A good example of too much in TS4 is how many ways and how many times do players pay for the same emotions and or mood emitters and or ways to use the pc, the easel and or work out? Repeating the same set of gameplay features over and over is redundant no matter how many times you slap a new name on it and say it's new. Your Sim already had ways to get moodlets and emotions in the base game in 2014. There was never any need to add 40 packs to repeat any of that.

You have to also understand that the time was different in sims 2 era. Like we had few skintones and 2 body shape and even that felt major improvement.
    I would be curious what people would say if they would release sims 2 or sims 3 in todays era.
    We got so many packs yes, but now we also have eco life and country life in packs that were not in other sims games. (Not include sims stores since it would count as sims 4 packs cuz sims 4 don't have store)
    Sims mimic real life in really big scale. Some want it and others don't.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited September 2021
    Cinebar you hang in there. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited September 2021
    [
    I personally think the problem with this over abundance of packs is because they are soooooo skimpy in content! Past sims games didn't have nearly as many packs, but felt more complete or meatier because .... they were.

An expansion pack in TS3 for example, would amount to a TS4's EP, GP, and SP combined.

They dibby up this and that and spread it out so thin people are starved for more content.

This way of marketing is not going to change, they are making money hand over fist by splitting up things that could have easily gone together in a larger pack, but by piece-mealing it out into 3 separate packs, they have made double the money than if they would have just made one larger EP.

My advice is just to sit back and continue to play TS2 because I feel like TS4 is going to be around for a few more years and dwelling on all the changes in TS4 and irritation you have over the game and with EA/Maxis's probably isn't good for you.

I've just come to accept it is what it is and when I get fed up with the limitations and lack of gameplay, I'm happy I can go back to TS2 or TS3 and play those.

I have to agree with this and I am happy that I can still play Sims 2 or 3. They also took something that the end user could do themselves and not wait for them to provide us one and that is making worlds because Imo, EA/Maxis figured they can take away that ability and charge for it as there is one area that suffers in Sims 4 and that is space. All the neighborhoods are static you can't expand so that is so much for planning, I hate being spoon fed when in previous versions it was all about all you can create. For me 64 Bit has come an little too late because I feel I am not reaping the benefits and that is my opinion.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2021
    Yeah I do have to agree the Sims 4 has improved since 2017 with the patches even without mods. By how much is subjective but yes on a majority have heard people say the game has become much less bare boned since its initial release. I would never recommend to anyone to buy the packs right away but rather wait for sales because most likely by that time there is a higher chance of the game getting patched. That goes for any of the Sims games, they tend to get cheaper over time. I think if anyone is going to give an honest critic of the Sims 4, playing the base game ever so often does help more with feedback just like I don't take critics from people who haven't played the older games in awhile either. I respect feedback of personal experiences because it comes off honest and personal rather than going off of another person's biased experience, but that's just me. It is why I liked LGR's review because he often got deep into the gameplay and building of pack reviews which line up to how I play the game. I do agree if Sims 5 goes MMORPG, I'll skip it. Sims 4 is very well furry friendly game with all the animal costumes so would be perfect for a werewolf.

Sims has gotten more international with its player base too and is now a multigeneration series. I think generally it is a good idea when giving feedback to play all four games if possible within 1-3 years. That way ideas are more fresh in the brain to come up with improvements with the series. I am open to competition coming too especially with business being my forte of how beneficial competition would be for furthering the simulation genre. There is a simulation game for everything these days including lawn mowing. I do think it is a good idea to update a computer or its parts with each iteration too since technology especially when it comes to phones gets outdated fast especially if someone is a computer gamer rather than a mobile gamer. I am looking forward to Paralives which hopefully is legit.

People of Newberry ended up being a scam:
    https://vintagesimstress.tumblr.com/post/626861956331143168/not-to-disappoint-but-the-game-people-of-newberry

This game will easily give the Sims 5 Online a run for its money:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1PYMbWdFNc

I admit was fun looking up 20 best real life simulation games according to metacritic and seeing some of my favorites on the list:
    https://gamerant.com/real-life-simulations-games-best-metacritic/

For me I still play the Sims 4, Sims 3, and Sims 2. I love bug reporting and bugs love me which is why I joined the playtesting program so I can do something with my critics and benefit other players. :) Still trying to get the Sims 1 installed, but I finished my collection for the Sims 1 and 2. I don't have everything for the Sims 3 or 4. I've bought my own packs since the Sims 1 so I got to learn budgeting at a young age. My general game library is quite large now too thanks to the free games I get through Amazon and Epic Games and Steam, so I am never bored. Sims thankfully isn't the only series I like and I started gaming with Mario on NES, so that helps not being tied to brand loyalty and being humbled by having save files now and not having to blow on my games which still work. All my friends are variety gamers too so that helps a lot having more than one thing in common with them. Variety is just the spice of life and been enjoyable being apart of such a diverse gaming community. It is also enjoyable seeing what the other language forums think of the Sims 4 too and come to different areas of the Sims community.

I would say as a whole Sims 4 is very mixed in reviews, so honestly doesn't matter what you decide regarding the game. If not playing the Sims makes you happy well there is an abundance of simulation games out there. If you want to give it a go again you can. Not like the Gurus care what we say on forums about it anyways since they hardly visit it since the first DLC came out. A lot of the old Gurus left too so who is working on the game now has completely changed from 2014. Most of them left to join SimGuruDuke's new gaming studio which honestly is amazing to view or other more popular than EA companies. EA is just a stepping stone for many of the developers to bigger projects and bigger communities. I mean look how successful City Skylines came out compared to SimCity. I think putting any faith in EA and its future is a lost cause and at this point and studio is showing its age to being outdated and I don't know if Sims will be replaced too in the future like its parent game. Sims 4 might be the last desktop game for all we know. Future is uncertain for the franchise and who knows if the studio will remain on site or not or convert to completely international remote workforce. Probably costs a ton of money to keep their empty building running.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    Scobre wrote: »
    Yeah I do have to agree the Sims 4 has improved since 2017 with the patches even without mods. By how much is subjective but yes on a majority have heard people say the game has become much less bare boned since its initial release. I would never recommend to anyone to buy the packs right away but rather wait for sales because most likely by that time there is a higher chance of the game getting patched. That goes for any of the Sims games, they tend to get cheaper over time. I think if anyone is going to give an honest critic of the Sims 4, playing the base game ever so often does help more with feedback just like I don't take critics from people who haven't played the older games in awhile either. I respect feedback of personal experiences because it comes off honest and personal rather than going off of another person's biased experience, but that's just me. It is why I liked LGR's review because he often got deep into the gameplay and building of pack reviews which line up to how I play the game. I do agree if Sims 5 goes MMORPG, I'll skip it. Sims 4 is very well furry friendly game with all the animal costumes so would be perfect for a werewolf.

Sims has gotten more international with its player base too and is now a multigeneration series. I think generally it is a good idea when giving feedback to play all four games if possible within 1-3 years. That way ideas are more fresh in the brain to come up with improvements with the series. I am open to competition coming too especially with business being my forte of how beneficial competition would be for furthering the simulation genre. There is a simulation game for everything these days including lawn mowing. I do think it is a good idea to update a computer or its parts with each iteration too since technology especially when it comes to phones gets outdated fast especially if someone is a computer gamer rather than a mobile gamer. I am looking forward to Paralives which hopefully is legit.

People of Newberry ended up being a scam:
    https://vintagesimstress.tumblr.com/post/626861956331143168/not-to-disappoint-but-the-game-people-of-newberry

This game will easily give the Sims 5 Online a run for its money:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1PYMbWdFNc

I admit was fun looking up 20 best real life simulation games according to metacritic and seeing some of my favorites on the list:
    https://gamerant.com/real-life-simulations-games-best-metacritic/

For me I still play the Sims 4, Sims 3, and Sims 2. I love bug reporting and bugs love me which is why I joined the playtesting program so I can do something with my critics and benefit other players. :) Still trying to get the Sims 1 installed, but I finished my collection for the Sims 1 and 2. I don't have everything for the Sims 3 or 4. I've bought my own packs since the Sims 1 so I got to learn budgeting at a young age. My general game library is quite large now too thanks to the free games I get through Amazon and Epic Games and Steam, so I am never bored. Sims thankfully isn't the only series I like and I started gaming with Mario on NES, so that helps not being tied to brand loyalty and being humbled by having save files now and not having to blow on my games which still work. All my friends are variety gamers too so that helps a lot having more than one thing in common with them. Variety is just the spice of life and been enjoyable being apart of such a diverse gaming community. It is also enjoyable seeing what the other language forums think of the Sims 4 too and come to different areas of the Sims community.

I would say as a whole Sims 4 is very mixed in reviews, so honestly doesn't matter what you decide regarding the game. If not playing the Sims makes you happy well there is an abundance of simulation games out there. If you want to give it a go again you can. Not like the Gurus care what we say on forums about it anyways since they hardly visit it since the first DLC came out. A lot of the old Gurus left too so who is working on the game now has completely changed from 2014. Most of them left to join SimGuruDuke's new gaming studio which honestly is amazing to view or other more popular than EA companies. EA is just a stepping stone for many of the developers to bigger projects and bigger communities. I mean look how successful City Skylines came out compared to SimCity. I think putting any faith in EA and its future is a lost cause and at this point and studio is showing its age to being outdated and I don't know if Sims will be replaced too in the future like its parent game. Sims 4 might be the last desktop game for all we know. Future is uncertain for the franchise and who knows if the studio will remain on site or not or convert to completely international remote workforce. Probably costs a ton of money to keep their empty building running.

Thanks for that video and looks to be good when it releases.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited September 2021
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

It's like talking to a brick wall. lol The point was to make TS5 less DLC and more depth and complex Sims...it went right over the head in defense of TS4's long reign of DLC. I hope developers understand the complexity of the older games and why they are loved and some of us hope for the best of TS5. They will still have TS4 and all it's DLC packs and why they should care if TS5 has less DLC but more depth is beyond me if they love TS4 so much and all it's 800 packs. Why would any one care if some of us want a better game. (with actual expansions and fewer packs about fluff).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Lulu29Lulu29 Posts: 171 Member

It's like talking to a brick wall. lol The point was to make TS5 less DLC and more depth and complex Sims...it went right over the head in defense of TS4's long reign of DLC. I hope developers understand the complexity of the older games and why they are loved and some of us hope for the best of TS5. They will still have TS4 and all it's DLC packs and why they should care if TS5 has less DLC but more depth is beyond me if they love TS4 so much and all it's 800 packs. Why would any one care if some of us want a better game. (with actual expansions and fewer packs about fluff).

Cinebar, from the impressions of others that I'm getting, the problem hasn't been that you're expressing better wants and hopes for TS5, the problem seems to be your criticizing of others for playing a game that they bought and play in the way that they want to. I'm sorry if that's not the case, but that's certainly the impression your previous posts have given.

Everyone has their own feelings towards the game (and how they play) as do you and imo there's no real wrongs or rights. It's a game after all. :)
    I mean CEO wants to bring Sims Online back with the Sims 5 which means subscription model instead of DLC so there will be less than more. Why it is good to be more specific than open ended with our requests because honestly going to just end getting a MMORPG game instead.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
    I mean CEO wants to bring Sims Online back with the Sims 5 which means subscription model instead of DLC so there will be less than more. Why it is good to be more specific than open ended with our requests because honestly going to just end getting a MMORPG game instead.

Oh yes and more deleted features as well. :D
    edited September 2021

Oh yes and more deleted features as well. :D
    LOL yeah. I mean if subscription is something someone is interested in, Sims 4 can be played through EA Play:
    https://www.ea.com/ea-play

There are console versions too which have more unified specs and plus side people who don't like mods/CC can play it on there and in bed if they want. Actually glad I asked for that when I did because it helped when the 64 bit computer version came out for the Sims 4. There is also the microtransaction business model of paying less for more like with the mobile versions Sims Freeplay and the Sims Mobile. I do miss the Sims Life Stories series and wish they would bring those back for laptop players which I think is what the Sims 4 is missing that the Sims 2 and 3 had was a laptop counterpart. I actually see the Sims Castaway work out better for the MMORPG route especially with how well Animal Crossing took off last year. So at least Sims franchise does have more gaming options now, but I agree they need competition.
    edited September 2021
    Lulu29 wrote: »

Cinebar, from the impressions of others that I'm getting, the problem hasn't been that you're expressing better wants and hopes for TS5, the problem seems to be your criticizing of others for playing a game that they bought and play in the way that they want to. I'm sorry if that's not the case, but that's certainly the impression your previous posts have given.

Everyone has their own feelings towards the game (and how they play) as do you and imo there's no real wrongs or rights. It's a game after all. :)

Read my first post, where did I even criticize others while I was writing to Maxis about the over abundance of DLC for TS4 compared to older games and or the lack of depth in those 40+ packs concerning a Sim. (?) that is all people had to read but as normal here, those who read my first post took it to mean I was judging them and their need to buy 40+ packs. It is those people who rushed in to defend TS4. My thread wasn't actually about TS4 (other than the lack of depth of gameplay and or repeats and or the amount of DLC) but about TS5..but as usual those who defend this game can't ever resist making it about themselves. Nowhere did I even refer to TS4 players but the DLC and amount and how messy it had all become as much as some feel about TS3. Why is it on this site someone can't tell Maxis their feelings about their product without someone rushing in to make their complaints about themselves?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Read my first post, where did I even criticize others while I was writing to Maxis about the over abundance of DLC for TS4 compared to older games and or the lack of depth in those 40+ packs concerning a Sim. (?) that is all people had to read but as normal here, those who read my first post took it to mean I was judging them and their need to buy 40+ packs. It is those people who rushed in to defend TS4. My thread wasn't actually about TS4 (other than the lack of depth of gameplay and or repeats and or the amount of DLC) but about TS5..but as usual those who defend this game can't ever resist making it about themselves. Nowhere did I even refer to TS4 players but the DLC and amount and how messy it had all become as much as some feel about TS3. Why is it on this site someone can't tell Maxis their feelings about their product without someone rushing in to make their complaints about themselves?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with your first post or your comments in there. (I've re-read your first post a couple of times prior to this comment, btw) and there is nothing wrong with expressing your wants for a better TS5, either. Most of your points in your original post there, I actually agree with you. What I don't agree with are your later comments and the way you went about it when people started talking about mods and CC. Your comments seemed more towards the passive aggressive side and bordering on rude i.e: "it's like talking to a brick wall", in terms of people modding their game and adding CC to it. I don't actually have a problem with you or your views about TS4 (I myself don't have all the DLC, mainly because I can't afford them and there's some that I don't want anyway -Star Wars-) and TS5, more just the way you've gone around the whole other thing as I've just explained.
    edited September 2021

There's absolutely nothing wrong with your first post or your comments in there. (I've re-read your first post a couple of times prior to this comment, btw) and there is nothing wrong with expressing your wants for a better TS5, either. Most of your points in your original post there, I actually agree with you. What I don't agree with are your later comments and the way you went about it when people started talking about mods and CC. Your comments seemed more towards the passive aggressive side and bordering on rude i.e: "it's like talking to a brick wall", in terms of people modding their game and adding CC to it. I don't actually have a problem with you or your views about TS4 (I myself don't have all the DLC, mainly because I can't afford them and there's some that I don't want anyway -Star Wars-) and TS5, more just the way you've gone around the whole other thing as I've just explained.

The brick wall comment wasn't about the cc people install. It was about the inability of some (understanding) who think any critique of the amount of DLC TS4 gets is a reflection on their own poor judgement. Because the thread was a hope for fewer DLC in TS5 and others made this thread about TS4's gameplay and DLC amounts. Comprehension is important when reading what people are saying about their hopes for a more robust game handled within a handful of Expansions, rather than constant DLC no one actually wants half the time. For instance the Industrial pack/kit went by without hardly an honorable mention on this site under pack discussions. It makes me wonder how many actually bought it and or even wanted it and or even have it now since there was hardly any threads about how great or bad it was like the kit Bust the Dust. It must have not been that well received since there was only like one thread speaking about how it was repurposed items they already have in the game.

I will tell you what is passive aggressive, someone not wanting what's in a pack and saying so but buying it anyway to remain in the cool crowd clique of owning every thing. That is passive aggressive. It's not those who speak their mind and say why they don't buy something. The brick wall is failing to understand the first post and or some buy saying they hate something but get it anyway and turning a thread into a thread about themselves and their own insecurities when the thread is about DLC vs Robust Expansions for the future.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    My only wish is that Sims 5, if it becomes a reality, has something that will satisfy all simmers and once and for all put an end to the discord and competitiveness.

The brick wall comment wasn't about the cc people install. It was about the inability of some (understanding) who think any critique of the amount of DLC TS4 gets is a reflection on their own poor judgement. Because the thread was a hope for fewer DLC in TS5 and others made this thread about TS4's gameplay and DLC amounts. Comprehension is important when reading what people are saying about their hopes for a more robust game handled within a handful of Expansions, rather than constant DLC no one actually wants half the time. For instance the Industrial pack/kit went by without hardly an honorable mention on this site under pack discussions. It makes me wonder how many actually bought it and or even wanted it and or even have it now since there was hardly any threads about how great or bad it was like the kit Bust the Dust. It must have not been that well received since there was only like one thread speaking about how it was repurposed items they already have in the game.

I will tell you what is passive aggressive, someone not wanting what's in a pack and saying so but buying it anyway to remain in the cool crowd clique of owning every thing. That is passive aggressive. It's not those who speak their mind and say why they don't buy something. The brick wall is failing to understand the first post and or some buy saying they hate something but get it anyway and turning a thread into a thread about themselves and their own insecurities when the thread is about DLC vs Robust Expansions for the future.

Sometimes it's not always easy to tell in what way a post is meant to come across online, I will leave it at that and am prepared to move on from this. I do enjoy debating and discussing with you, I think we have in the past concerning Paralives on that thread. There's no hard feelings on my side. :) There are too many of the smaller packs for me to even contemplate completing the entire of TS4 collection. For example, I don't have any of the kits and not sure what they'd add to gameplay, if anything. Atm, I don't have a job so the thought of spending something on a tiny kit that I can't justify is a bit ridiculous really (especially if no real gameplay is there). And I also had no idea that a new kit had even come out (lol) until I saw it underneath it's picture when the loading bit comes up onto the screen. Hopefully TS5 will realise this and cater towards people's needs/wants a bit more. If the rumours are true about it being multiplayer, I think I'll be sticking with TS4 though myself for a while.
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    My only wish is that Sims 5, if it becomes a reality, has something that will satisfy all simmers and once and for all put an end to the discord and competitiveness.

I don’t think that’s possible since certain simmers just want it to be exactly like TS2 and are against including things others want. They appear to be stuck in 2004 and think the developers should only listen to them as if they own the game.

They are against diversity (more skin tones, more cultures, non-binary genders, more architectural styles, more non-American worlds, etc) and dismiss it as fluff as if simmers who want diversity don’t matter. They are against increasing the number of packs even though they don’t need to buy any they don’t want. They are against adding different types of packs like game packs and kits for those who want more niche themes even though that doesn’t affect their game or the frequency of EPs. They are against adding different themed packs that others want and rant about nobody wanting them even though that’s untrue. They are against not including exactly what was in each TS2 pack in the exact same way and endlessly rant if something is missing or different. They are against a subscription service even though it can benefit others. They are against an on-line option even though it would be optional.

They basically want the developers to re-create TS2 with the same number of packs with the same themes with the same content in each pack that takes the same amount of space on their computer for the same price, which of course is not going to happen.
    edited September 2021
    g01denswan wrote: »

I don’t think that’s possible since certain simmers just want it to be exactly like TS2 and are against including things others want. They appear to be stuck in 2004 and think the developers should only listen to them as if they own the game.

They are against diversity (more skin tones, more cultures, non-binary genders, more architectural styles, more non-American worlds, etc) and dismiss it as fluff as if simmers who want diversity don’t matter. They are against increasing the number of packs even though they don’t need to buy any they don’t want. They are against adding different types of packs like game packs and kits for those who want more niche themes even though that doesn’t affect their game or the frequency of EPs. They are against adding different themed packs that others want and rant about nobody wanting them even though that’s untrue. They are against not including exactly what was in each TS2 pack in the exact same way and endlessly rant if something is missing or different. They are against a subscription service even though it can benefit others. They are against an on-line option even though it would be optional.

They basically want the developers to re-create TS2 with the same number of packs with the same themes with the same content in each pack that takes the same amount of space on their computer for the same price, which of course is not going to happen.

Hmmm, I disagree with your post as some do not want it to be like Sims 2 some wanted an proper evolution of the program in which there is an combination of old features and new features and Sims 4 did not experience that. It had its features removed and by doing so some felt the creativity has been limited and for me it has. Because some players wanted that you think they are against diversity. I could care less on how many packs EA/Maxis makes but least have some kind of substance to them and that is my opinion for in the end it is what each player would like to see in the game. As far as how great Sims 4 is supposed to be is all subjective even yours and my post is subjective. Oh yes, as said being an game in an franchise expands off the previous version does not necessarily mean it is like the old version for some it is an improvement because for me having to be spoon fed something that was free in the past is not an improvement. Just as there are many who think Sims 4 is great there are many who feel Sims 4 has let them down. Also the reason some do not have faith in Sims 5 or even question it is because of precedence meaning they look how Sims 4 was created.

Isn't TS4 basically online anyway? The game won't load for me unless there's a connection there. Being online isn't a problem for me, I just really don't want a multiplayer thing going on. For me The Sims is an escape from reality and people when I've had enough of them lol.
  • AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member

Isn't TS4 basically online anyway? The game won't load for me unless there's a connection there. Being online isn't a problem for me, I just really don't want a multiplayer thing going on. For me The Sims is an escape from reality and people when I've had enough of them lol.
    I can play it offline. I just have to log into Origin first though, offline to of course.
    Astro wrote: »

I can play it offline. I just have to log into Origin first though, offline to of course.

Thanks for the heads up!
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member

No, TS4 isn’t an on-line game. I don’t have any problem playing off-line.

I’m not sure if I would like a multiplayer aspect in TS5 since I’ve never played a multiplayer game. It would depend on how it’s done. Could be interesting if we can post a job listing for a builder, interior designer, landscaper, etc. and then another player can respond to the want ad and our sim can hire their sim to do the job and then pay their sim for it. Or how about we post a want ad for a fashion stylist, makeup artist, or plastic surgeon and then pay another player’s sim for doing the job. It can even be used for live mode so we can hire another player’s sim to do something we don’t want our sim to do like build a robot, bake a bunch of pies for our bakery, sell us upgraded appliances, etc. If something like that is added, we wouldn’t need to use it if we don’t want since our sims can still do everything them self, but if we want, our sim can even try to make a living doing thing for other player’s sims.

No, TS4 isn’t an on-line game. I don’t have any problem playing off-line.

I’m not sure if I would like a multiplayer aspect in TS5 since I’ve never played a multiplayer game. It would depend on how it’s done. Could be interesting if we can post a job listing for a builder, interior designer, landscaper, etc. and then another player can respond to the want ad and our sim can hire their sim to do the job and then pay their sim for it. Or how about we post a want ad for a fashion stylist, makeup artist, or plastic surgeon and then pay another player’s sim for doing the job. It can even be used for live mode so we can hire another player’s sim to do something we don’t want our sim to do like build a robot, bake a bunch of pies for our bakery, sell us upgraded appliances, etc. If something like that is added, we wouldn’t need to use it if we don’t want since our sims can still do everything them self, but if we want, our sim can even try to make a living doing thing for other player’s sims.

You have some interesting ideas here. If the multiplayer option was installed in this way it's something that in the future I would probably consider playing. For now the thought of someone coming in, interacting with my Sims and potentially ruining their relationships that have been built up over time or other things like this certainly isn't appealing in the slightest. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what form it'll take when they finally announce it.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    EA is still advertising jobs for Sims 4 if you care to check for it on their job search. Some of the requirements are very interesting these days. Unreal engine?
    Simburian wrote: »
    EA is still advertising jobs for Sims 4 if you care to check for it on their job search. Some of the requirements are very interesting these days. Unreal engine?

I don't understand your comment. I stand by what I said in the original post. I want to see a deeper game and a more meaningful Sim and deeper gameplay in EPs rather than 42 packs of piecemealed content when TS5 rolls out.