Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Toggle for Alien Abduction; Why it's Needed.

Comments

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited July 2021

Your right, it not the same thing as real world experience, but the emotion it can trigger to someone who's been attacked is real. That's why I'm asking for the toggle, the vast majority of stuff in this game is optional, except the one thing that in my opinion really should be.

Yes the emotional reactions are very real, so its reasonable to ask for a toggle, but unreasonable to be offended when people have a strong reaction for toggle ( or in the worst scenario, demanding a removal which I know you arent asking for). Just know your feelings or experiences are not universal so thats why most are not interested in a toggle and see no need for it. But im glad you can recognize that, some cant and insist on the 'injustice' of it all, and calling others discriminatory,bigoted, -ist etc because they dont agree. Which reminds me of Demi Lavato attacking that froyo place for displaying diet friendly options and her entitlement and vitrol was unreal...which I know you arent doing so that is refreshing

I wasn't trying to be unreasonable about others not wanting a toggle, and I do apologize if I came off that way. What worries me is the feeling I get from some of the posters that it's completely unimportant, like a poster awhile back who said life was unfair and to man up, comments like that make me angry because it feels like they have no empathy to the people it could affect. My goal is to hopefully make it so players on both sides of this can play as they wish.
    The link took me to a post you made 4 days ago. The thread itself is only two years old, and the first comment on there that equates it to assault is from Six months ago in January which is about the time this aspect of the game became suddenly triggering after 5/6 years. Your dog don’t hunt love.

Here are other threads discussing the same thing; https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/834098/make-alien-abductions-optional
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13496283
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989666/lets-talk-about-non-consentual-alien-abduction-pregnancies/p1
    op said they were not a victim according to them there doing this because they know someone
    that is maybe you could share some mods with them op or do they even play the sims ?
    I know know someone who was attacked, yes. They aren't the only reason for this, but also to give the option to anyone going through something similar. The person I know does not play, no. But they do have issues with the topic in various things, so I know what it can do.

I have read all of those threads, the third one is new and the two older ones express annoyance with the feature but don’t mention assault at all. Again as I said this has been a game feature for six years but only in the last year or so has it suddenly become equated with assault and I just don’t understand why now all of a sudden.
  • Options
    MissSweetVioletMissSweetViolet Posts: 50 Member
    I agree; the whole pregnancy thing never sat well with me. At least in this game, you can send the baby back to the homeworld, but that doesn't protect your Sim against the pregnancy itself. It would help if the Sim was at least happy about the pregnancy, but the game seems to imply that they're not even aware of why they're so uncomfortable and gaining weight. That's always been really unsettling to me. (Although I still wouldn't be crazy about it even if the Sim was happy...I can't really explain why.)

Also, one does not have to have experienced assault in order to have an opinion. Some victims feel one way, some feel another way. Humans are empathetic creatures, and can still feel uncomfortable about something that hasn't happened to them in particular. Demanding that people prove their victimhood, or debating whether or not someone has been a victim (and I've seen this on both sides of the argument, not just in this thread) is not a productive way of doing things, nor is it kind.
    Yes, this exactly.

I have read all of those threads, the third one is new and the two older ones express annoyance with the feature but don’t mention assault at all. Again as I said this has been a game feature for six years but only in the last year or so has it suddenly become equated with assault and I just don’t understand why now all of a sudden.
    Like I said, society in general is more aware now they back then, the me too movement brought a lot to light. Also, it really doesn't matter when it's brought up, their are clearly people who have an issue or these threads would not exist. Why I most certainly get why people love the feature don't want it removed. I don't really see why a simple toggle is an issue, since it lets both parties of players enjoy the game as they wish. Which to me is kind of what sims is all about, creating your own perfect, or unperfect world, depending on your tastes the way they wish. I feel this is especially important to survivors, who should have the ability to enjoy the many great features GTW has, without having to worry about something that could bring back panful memories. At the same time with a toggle those who love the feature of abductions can still continue to play with them as much as they want. In fact if a toggle was there, maybe the abductions could be increased even, since there would be no reason to have them lowered.
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    You know, I just thought of something.

This wouldn't get rid of abductions, but what if there was a special chance card that had a chance to take place during the abduction? The abductee meets with an alien scientist, who says they're performing experiments or trying to create a number of hybrids or something--use your imagination--and ask if the abductee would like to become the parent of an alien hybrid. That way, the player (and thus, the Sim) could have a choice, and it would be portrayed as something the abductee was interested in doing. They could even get special pregnancy moodlets, like a Confident "carrying a hybrid" or something.

I don't know. Just an idea.
  • Options

This wouldn't get rid of abductions, but what if there was a special chance card that had a chance to take place during the abduction? The abductee meets with an alien scientist, who says they're performing experiments or trying to create a number of hybrids or something--use your imagination--and ask if the abductee would like to become the parent of an alien hybrid. That way, the player (and thus, the Sim) could have a choice, and it would be portrayed as something the abductee was interested in doing. They could even get special pregnancy moodlets, like a Confident "carrying a hybrid" or something.

I think it's interesting. I don't know how others feel about it, but I'm for options that allow choice.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

Your right, it not the same thing as real world experience, but the emotion it can trigger to someone who's been attacked is real. That's why I'm asking for the toggle, the vast majority of stuff in this game is optional, except the one thing that in my opinion really should be.

Yes the emotional reactions are very real, so its reasonable to ask for a toggle, but unreasonable to be offended when people have a strong reaction for toggle ( or in the worst scenario, demanding a removal which I know you arent asking for). Just know your feelings or experiences are not universal so thats why most are not interested in a toggle and see no need for it. But im glad you can recognize that, some cant and insist on the 'injustice' of it all, and calling others discriminatory,bigoted, -ist etc because they dont agree. Which reminds me of Demi Lavato attacking that froyo place for displaying diet friendly options and her entitlement and vitrol was unreal...which I know you arent doing so that is refreshing

I wasn't trying to be unreasonable about others not wanting a toggle, and I do apologize if I came off that way. What worries me is the feeling I get from some of the posters that it's completely unimportant, like a poster awhile back who said life was unfair and to man up, comments like that make me angry because it feels like they have no empathy to the people it could affect. My goal is to hopefully make it so players on both sides of this can play as they wish.
    The link took me to a post you made 4 days ago. The thread itself is only two years old, and the first comment on there that equates it to assault is from Six months ago in January which is about the time this aspect of the game became suddenly triggering after 5/6 years. Your dog don’t hunt love.

Here are other threads discussing the same thing; https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/834098/make-alien-abductions-optional
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/989666/lets-talk-about-non-consentual-alien-abduction-pregnancies/p1
    op said they were not a victim according to them there doing this because they know someone
    that is maybe you could share some mods with them op or do they even play the sims ?
    I know know someone who was attacked, yes. They aren't the only reason for this, but also to give the option to anyone going through something similar. The person I know does not play, no. But they do have issues with the topic in various things, so I know what it can do.

and two of the threads only have five comments and are from 2015 before aliens were nefed
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    @MissSweetViolet just wanted to say I understand your request and admire your ability to remain calm, polite, and express your viewpoint.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

In ts2 knowledge sims would have a positive memory of being abducted and a big wish for it, and nonknowledge would have a negative memory and fear of it. So you could take it as knowledge sims had this mindset.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

But wait I'm confused... you're asking for a friend? That...does..not play the sims?😱
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I agree; the whole pregnancy thing never sat well with me. At least in this game, you can send the baby back to the homeworld, but that doesn't protect your Sim against the pregnancy itself. It would help if the Sim was at least happy about the pregnancy, but the game seems to imply that they're not even aware of why they're so uncomfortable and gaining weight. That's always been really unsettling to me. (Although I still wouldn't be crazy about it even if the Sim was happy...I can't really explain why.)

Also, one does not have to have experienced assault in order to have an opinion. Some victims feel one way, some feel another way. Humans are empathetic creatures, and can still feel uncomfortable about something that hasn't happened to them in particular. Demanding that people prove their victimhood, or debating whether or not someone has been a victim (and I've seen this on both sides of the argument, not just in this thread) is not a productive way of doing things, nor is it kind.

I agree you don't have to be a victim to want a toggle or not want a toggle
    and also alien abductions are not real so it really shouldn't matter unless your a victim of alien abduction and this is just a game meant to be fun and a lot of people enjoy the alien abductions and they have always been in sims games
    Post edited by comicsforlife on
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited July 2021
    Op, you've presented a very constructive opening discussion. I've never had a male Sim abducted; I think maybe once or twice I had a female Sim abducted. It has been a long time since I played the Scientist career and I didn't get too far into it.

This short article provides the solution for preventing an alien abduction. No need to cheat anything either.
    https://simscommunity.info/2015/04/06/the-sims-4-get-to-work-prevent-alien-abductions/

"You can drag the built Satellite Dish into your Inventory and then place it on your Household Lot. Click on it and select Prevent Abductions to be safe from any random Alien Abductions in the next 24 hours. After those 24h have passed, you’ll have to use the Prevent Abductions on the Satellite Dish again in order to make your Lot Abduction-free!"

I use the cheat death.toggle every time I play the game because I don't want my Sims to die. If I was playing the Scientist career, I'd build the Satellite Dish and use it.

Easiest way to never see a mermaid is by not asking mermaid related questions. If you decide to purchase Island Living, delete every townie that is a mermaid. Also, don't blow the mermaid horn either. There are two female mermaids and one male mermaid in Sim form walking around--they will never become a mermaid as long as you follow the solutions I've outlined.

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Sorry to be blunt but it's just a game about life and life isn't fair. People should man up!
    This is exactly the insensitive attitudes that created the horrid society we have today. Are you going to tell an abuse or attack survivor to their face to man up then? As if the trauma and pain they went through is unimportant? Think hard and about how you would feel in that situation and then go tell yourself what you just said right here, and tell me if you still feel this way, or go down to a support group and talk with abuse survivors and tell me if you still feel this why. Take a long look in the mirror and ask yourself why your taking such a uncompassionate and heartless stance on something that is a SERIOUS topic for anyone who has been through this/knows someone who has been through this.

you don;t know they aren't a victim I think you need to step back and think about how you treat other people on here
    some people don't mind the abductions because they like them and they realize that this is a game regardless of what there
    real life is like its fine if you want a toggle but be nice to people on here

I didn't say anything mean other then point out an attitude that is quite frankly disturbing to me. Imagine that you yourself was attacked or abused, and you are having issues working through it, and someone comes up to you and says "man up, life isn't fair." How would you feel as a survivor? How much would you feel everything you went through was uncared about, that your feelings your experiences didn't matter?

This is The Sims. Expect crazy things to happen. It's just a game ffs.

The game's already snowflakey as it is, we don't need to be wasting the devs' time in fitting toggles for everything folk find offensive.

Imagine the uproar if they nerfed Cottage Living because someone was bitten by a fox or fell in 🐸🐸🐸🐸?
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    @Hearts4u I never wanted to prevent them myself (literally never even see them) so I never knew it was this easy to prevent! So basically we already have an in game toggle, like all the other nerfed stuff....

It seems like this should solve the OP's problem. And I'll just throw in another tip. If you see your sim is "investigating weird lights" or even if you see the ship you just pause and hit the worlds button to go to the world's screen. Soon as you go back to lot Aliens are gone.
    But really you shouldn't even have to do this often. My sister tried every thing in her power to get abducted as a scientist and gave up after a few real life weeks😭
    And since the nerf I only had them twice in "years"
    And one of those times I was so excited to finally see one I hit the manage worlds button by accident. That's how I know they are gone when you come back.
    So you have at least 2 good solutions here. 😉
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member

I’d love this. Last time my sim got abducted (which was only like the 2nd time it had ever happened in my game) he didn’t come back pregnant and I was so bummed.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    @MissSweetViolet just wanted to say I understand your request and admire your ability to remain calm, polite, and express your viewpoint.

Thank you very much, it's not always easy but I try my best.
    But wait I'm confused... you're asking for a friend? That...does..not play the sims?😱
    No, I'm not asking for them. Because I saw what they went through is why I take my stance on this, knowing what triggers can do to a survivor who is trying to manage through things.
    calaprfy wrote: »
    This is The Sims. Expect crazy things to happen. It's just a game ffs.

The game's already snowflakey as it is, we don't need to be wasting the devs' time in fitting toggles for everything folk find offensive.

Imagine the uproar if they nerfed Cottage Living because someone was bitten by a fox or fell in ❤️❤️❤️❤️?

It may just be a game, but as I've said many times, subjects such as this can cause real world problems for abuse/attack survivors. I don't think the game is "snowflakey" for trying to give options (though the shrine thing was stupid, it should have been a toggle instead being removed).
    @Hearts4u I never wanted to prevent them myself (literally never even see them) so I never knew it was this easy to prevent! So basically we already have an in game toggle, like all the other nerfed stuff....

It seems like this should solve the OP's problem. And I'll just throw in another tip. If you see your sim is "investigating weird lights" or even if you see the ship you just pause and hit the worlds button to go to the world's screen. Soon as you go back to lot Aliens are gone.
    But really you shouldn't even have to do this often. My sister tried every thing in her power to get abducted as a scientist and gave up after a few real life weeks😭
    And one of those times I was so excited to finally see one I hit the manage worlds button by accident. That's how I know they are gone when you come back.

I'm aware of the device, as stated in my first post. But you have to reach level 8 of the Scientist career to get it, or cheat to unlock it (which if you are a console player you can't even do, everyone always ignores the console players), which can open you up to more attacks in the mean time, plus it only works 24 hours then you have to reset it. Plus, what if you don't want your sim to be a Scientist, is it fair to force every household to be in it just to prevent them?

Post edited by EA_Mako on
  • Options
    I do have experience with it. Very close experience with it and that’s exactly why I am saying this is bull cookies. There is absolutely nothing about this game feature that reeks of assault of any kind. It’s nonsense.

Well I'm glad it is not a trigger for you, and I'm sorry you had to go through that. But it is for many others. Just because it did not become one for you does not mean others who have been through it do not have it as a trigger, and your ability to not have it affect you does not invalidate their issues.

I'm not buying it because as I said before this has been a feature in the game for six years now and it's only suddenly become a trigger according to some in the last 6-7 months. If it were a triggering event there would have been people saying so right from it's implementation and it would have been dealt with.
  • Options
    I'm not buying it because as I said before this has been a feature in the game for six years now and it's only suddenly become a trigger according to some in the last 6-7 months. If it were a triggering event there would have been people saying so right from it's implementation and it would have been dealt with.

No, not necessarily. 1; Not enough people may own GTW, there are many who be unware of it as a result. 2; It seems to vary wildly by game. I've seen people who say they have them often, and some say they have never seen them. Even I have had vastly different results between different saves, and I'm not sure why. 3; They may have had issues with it, but ether didn't say anything because they felt it wouldn't be taken seriously (which EA has a reputation for in general, not just with serious stuff), or they didn't want to bring their experience to light. As we've seen in the real world, just because we don't see it, does not mean nothing is happening.

• Options

No, not necessarily. 1; Not enough people may own GTW, there are many who be unware of it as a result. 2; It seems to vary wildly by game. I've seen people who say they have them often, and some say they have never seen them. Even I have had vastly different results between different saves, and I'm not sure why. 3; They may have had issues with it, but ether didn't say anything because they felt it wouldn't be taken seriously (which EA has a reputation for in general, not just with serious stuff), or they didn't want to bring their experience to light. As we've seen in the real world, just because we don't see it, does not mean nothing is happening.

So…why wasn’t it triggering in TS3 also? Where is the outcry for it to be removed from that game too? All of a sudden just within the las couple of months a feature that was in one iteration for years and still is, and that as introduced in this iteration six years ago is triggering? A feature that has been “tuned down” a.k.a. nerfed to the point of almost not existing at all for most players has suddenly become triggering and has suddenly been seen as euphemism for assault. Again if that we’re true at all there would have been outcries at implementation it would have been an immediate and visceral reaction. But there was nothing except complaints it was too frequent, spammy, and disruptive to people’s head canon for their stories. Then the outcry was that once they tuned it down it basically ceased to exist at all. Every thread to linked to prove your point backed this up and the one thread that you linked where it was in fact broached as a reference to assault was only two years old, and the post making that claim was only seven months old.

All of this is nonsense and frankly the whole argument makes a mockery out of the real suffering of real assault survivors and it really needs to stop.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I agree with OP, and have played Sims 4 for a year I would think, and Sims 3 for a couple before that, and always thought that the feature of having an unexpected pregnancy from an alien abduction to be an incredibly tasteless joke. I am not american, and the context of alien abductions does not have any relevance to me, and so it has always stood out as an improper and funky way of joking about something that would be recieved differently now, in the current discourse and EA's latest attempts of inclusion as well. The fact that it only applies to male sims is for me a confirmation of the developers knowing what the feature actually is about; since it would not be possible to have female sims experience the same, not in my country, or in politically more conservative ones.

I definately think it should be redesigned. I like the fact that male sims can get pregnant, but it should be voluntary for the player and at least for the 'sim'. A suggestion, of many of course, is to have a pop-up, or even more simple, to make it explicit what everyone understand is happening, by a small notification of the sim catching fancy to an alien and having woohoo voluntarily. I do think this is on the border though, considering that sims cannot have woohoo automatically without the player's input, and that Try For Baby always is the player's choice. I have always though that the momentum needed by directed social actions in the romantic situations between sims are a very well made feature of representing sexual encounters. I do think this constant choice of building a momentum should be required for all woohoo.

If the feature of alien abductions are thought by the designers to be disconnected from woohoo and its real life representation; then I think this needs to be made absolutely clear, and I don't think that is possible in a cutsie game. If involuntary pregnancy is allowed, then I see no reason to hinder the player from making an abortion, an unconditional legal right in my country. I don't see that added to an american game, considering the politics in US.
  • Options
    WinthorpeWinthorpe Posts: 119 Member
    This is the ONLY ONE reason I don't buy GTW despite several good features.
  • Options
    So…why wasn’t it triggering in TS3 also? Where is the outcry for it to be removed from that game too? All of a sudden just within the las couple of months a feature that was in one iteration for years and still is, and that as introduced in this iteration six years ago is triggering? A feature that has been “tuned down” a.k.a. nerfed to the point of almost not existing at all for most players has suddenly become triggering and has suddenly been seen as euphemism for assault. Again if that we’re true at all there would have been outcries at implementation it would have been an immediate and visceral reaction. But there was nothing except complaints it was too frequent, spammy, and disruptive to people’s head canon for their stories. Then the outcry was that once they tuned it down it basically ceased to exist at all. Every thread to linked to prove your point backed this up and the one thread that you linked where it was in fact broached as a reference to assault was only two years old, and the post making that claim was only seven months old.

All of this is nonsense and frankly the whole argument makes a mockery out of the real suffering of real assault survivors and it really needs to stop.

1; I have not asked for anything to be removed, only to have a toggle switch.

2; A toggle was added for occults in TS3 according to what I read (can not personally confirm since I only own pets for TS3).

3; Timeframe is really irrelevant. It's only come to light recently on how many people are harassed in the work force, should we stop and say, "sorry, but you didn't complain about this back then, so people can no longer be bothered by it? Also their have been some people bothered by it, I've seen it on here, I've seen it on Reddit.

4; You keep saying I'm linking it to assault, I did state earlier in the thread that it was not the same as real life, but can trigger feelings for someone who has been assaulted/abused. But it is non consensual, so how should that be framed? What would you call that? If this happened in real life what would it be? The fact that it is game does not discount the fact that however improbable of it occurring in real life, this still indirectly depicts something that could happen in real life, just not with aliens. As a survivor seeing that in game has the potential unsettling and bring back memories.

5; What exactly is your goal here? You bring up the same things over and over, because why? Because I'm asking EA to give a toggle in the game so players can choose? You don't mind forcing those who might have issue to play how you want, but mind letting them have the option to switch it off? Something that would have no effect on your gameplay since you could just not toggle it off?

• Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited July 2021
    Yes, @Babykittyjade there is already an in-game way to prevent this. Some players do not realize that there are already ways to prevent many things without even using a mod. I don't mod my game; I just play it out, read online articles and find ways to prevent the things I do not like.

For those of you holding off on purchasing GTW, I’d go ahead and purchase it because unless you seek out this gameplay it is not going to happen. Aliens will not even appear; Plus, you can delete every townie that is an Alien. I haven’t seen an alien in my game in years and I’ve been playing TS4 for 7 years. If the rare chance they do show up as a townie, delete them.

A patch came out that significantly reduced the chance of a male Sim being abducted and coming back pregnant by an alien--that is why you never see it happen. So, it is darn near impossible for this to happen. If it does happen because one sought this type of gameplay, a male can come back with a full blood alien baby—it is not even his baby. Considering the rarity and impossibility of this not to mention you have in-game choices to prevent this, it isn’t even an issue.

Don’t seek it out and you wont open the flood gates because it is challenging to put the genie (or alien) back into the bottle. Also, take a look at the custom gender settings in CAS.

TS4 already has in-game options for those who do not want this type of push back.

Unless they make this a Lot Challenge (newly added), nothing will be done about it because it is already preventable.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    edited July 2021

I like the alien abductions in game and I know most people do and op your free to call me uncaring for liking it as much as you want it doesn't make it true no one here minds if you want a toggle what they don't like
    is you calling others uncaring because they don't agree with you its not nice
    Post edited by EA_Mako on
  • Options
    I like the alien abductions in game and I know most people do and op your free to call me uncaring for liking it as much as you want it doesn't make it true no one here minds if you want a toggle what they don't like
    is you calling others uncaring because they don't agree with you its not nice

I have not called you uncaring. I did not call the other person uncaring, but they are trying to put their own view and discredit everyone else because they experience something different, and I won't allow someone's else viewpoint to be discredited, it's great it doesn't bother them, but many victims are bothered, and I won't just sweep them under the rug.

Hearts4u wrote: »
    For those of you holding off on purchasing GTW, I’d go ahead and purchase it because unless you seek out this gameplay it is not going to happen. Aliens will not even appear; Plus, you can delete every townie that is an Alien. I haven’t seen an alien in my game in years and I’ve been playing TS4 for 7 years. If the rare chance they do show up as a townie, delete them.

A patch came out that significantly reduced the chance of a male Sim being abducted and coming back pregnant by an alien--that is why you never see it happen. So, it is darn near impossible for this to happen. If it does happen because one sought this type of gameplay, a male can come back with a full blood alien baby—it is not even his baby. Considering the rarity and impossibility of this not to mention you have in-game choices to prevent this, it isn’t even an issue.

Don’t seek it out and you wont open the flood gates because it is challenging to put the genie (or alien) back into the bottle. Also, take a look at the custom gender settings in CAS.

TS4 already has in-game options for those who do not want this type of push back.

Unless they make this a Lot Challenge (newly added), nothing will be done about it because it is already preventable.

As I have stated in my opening post and MANY times in this thread (I'm starting to feel like people are only ready half of what I write). I am aware of the three only options.

1; The device, that REQURIES you to be in the Scientist career (unless you cheat, I'll get to that in a minute). That is not good enough, you shouldn't have to be required to put a sim from every household in that career, it forces they player to make that a storyline for their sim, and has to be reset every 24 hours, and opens your sim up to MORE attacks being in the career.

2; Lock all your doors and never let your sims have fun at night again.

3; Cheat, not everyone wants to cheat, and if your a console play you can not cheat!

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I feel this is also rather sexist, as this only affects male sims, not to mention it kind of trivializes it when a man is attacked/abused, in world where many of them already feel embarrassed and ashamed to come forward. It can be triggering to anybody who is sensitive to this topic for whatever reason, especially if they have PTSD from their experience(s).

This part of your post clearly shows that you didn't see the nuance and reasoning behind alien pregnancy being available only to male sims. It's because it's an impossible scenario. The whole thing is a satire on the alien abduction trope that was popular in bad scifi movies of a certain era.
    I would suppose that female sims cannot get impregnated not because EA are sexist and want to trivialize male (none existent) pregnancy, but because they didn't want to trivialize actual real 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and pregnancy.

Sorry but that just annoyed me. Having said that, I have no issue with a toggle for all the occults, in the hope that those of us that actually want them can get a more 'invasive' version. Tired of no magic in my magical world...
  • Options
    Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,671 Member
    edited July 2021
    I didn't even think of the first point you said before I clicked in (cause it's too fictitious and not described in detail). I just think some people find it annoying in terms of gameplay.

Psychology is something that always makes people unexpected, or to put it rude, "weird". I once heard that someone was afraid of white stripes, and another afraid of the moon. I have experienced something myself a few years ago, in professional terms, obsessive relational intrusion. And I haven't intersection with that person at all, he even didn't know what I look like, I even was a plain teen persona on that social media at that time. I experienced a situation similar to psychogenic amnesia, I can watch similar news and fictional works, but till now I can't tell in detail how he threatened me and have a sense of fear for people who attach great importance to love, though I know I'm no fault and made the most correct and rational choice I could make at the time. But some people may not as "lucky" as me (though it's also related to me not being actually hurt).

So it isn't excluded that some people will really be triggered because of such fictitious and simplified thing, but this's definitely can't deleted, it can make a toggle or something like you said. It's not only a trigger problem, but also gameplay.
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns