Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Remove the lactose intolerance trait from cottage living

welp I'm ticked, my allergy to milk isnt some cutesy little trait you can add to the game as a personality quirk, to a sim. Not to mention with the current trait count lmao it would take 1 out of 3 slots available for sims a personality, and while its nots really like a dietary choice in the sense you can be vegan or eat bugs, nope lol I cant eat milk or severe health issues. This feels like this is mocking me because you only added asthma to eco lifestyle, but didn't give sims a chance to die its basically a negative moodlet, and thats it, I mean really, I dont want to get in to detail but if a modder can get disease and illness right, why the heck are you making a mockery of irls conditions? I mean I wish I can choose to not be not lactose intolerance, and I wouldn't care if lmao you added actual in game consequences like a sims not being able to poop for over a month, and severe stomach pains and chance of death. whats next are going to mock autism? chrons disease? etc.

Comments

• Options
    Mw93Mw93 Posts: 59 Member
    or better yet simulate as a non personality trait based off sims genetic, and make the penalties in game beyond just feeling bad, I mean I would totally love to not to be allergic to milk but the problem is a. nope I am cant change that, b. its not a personality trait its a genetically inheirtable disorder, that can severely impact going to the bathroom and cause pain.
  • Options
    They should have a separate trait selection or "mini-slots" for more specific traits like this one, dietary preferences. It takes up a slot just not being able to consume something, and I think that's too precise for a gameplay mechanic, like traits, that run through the entire game.

And, yes, Sims team, allergies and diseases are not personality traits.

when it comes to health stuff I think lmao it should be like genetics, not an actual personality trait, and like the game will randomly generate based off a 10 to 25 percent scoring on whether or not your sims is lactose intolerant. I mean if your going to add allergies specific like allergic to milk then you mind as well make it a genetic thing, and give actual conquences instead of lmao tummy upset.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    They are adding lactose intolerance as a trait? How is lactose intolerance part of a person's personality at all? Sad thing is, it'll probably have more impact on the way sims behave than a lot of other traits...
  • Options
    thatpinkcoconutthatpinkcoconut Posts: 187 Member
    They are adding lactose intolerance as a trait? How is lactose intolerance part of a person's personality at all? Sad thing is, it'll probably have more impact on the way sims behave than a lot of other traits...

lmao. I think I'd rather take this one than the Gloomy trait, for example, that only adds a +1 sad buff in very specific situations.
  • Options

yup its lmao all your sims probably would do is be allergic to milk, I dont mind adding disease in the game in the sense of it not being a trait, like they could've just coded it in their genetics and like a have 1 to 10 percent of the population and like it can add a challenge if suprise one of your kids was born with lactose intolerance. like I can see the possiblity in adding some challenging game play there but nope lol apparently being allergic to milk is a personality.
  • Options
    hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    They did this with Vegetarian, too! It's a pack-exclusive trait, that shouldn't be a trait.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I mean there are many traits that are not rlly tied to personality but ig that's the best way they can do it. Unless they add a dietary restrictions section which would make more sense if they added more than 2 the game. I'm not sure what else they would add. Maybe gluten or peanut butter allergy.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I mean, I'm used to Vegetarian being considered a trait so I don't really personally have a problem with Lactose Intolerant being a trait and I use cheats/mods to add more than 3 traits in game anyway.

But for those of you who are opposed to it... I have a suggestion.

What if like the "Lot Challenges" being added with Cottage Living (or is it the free patch? I can't remember) they added yet another new category to CAS for "Life Challenges" though preferably not worded that way since I'd like Vegetarian to be included in this potential new category and it's not really a challenge but rather a choice. And this could maybe be a good way to introduce other "traits" for lack of a better word that don't relate to personality and can possibly make your Sims' life harder.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I’m allergic to Milk, and as a matter of fact I nearly landed in the hospital last week due to an undisclosed ingredient, so yeah not a trait. It’s not a preference either, as I can’t simply choose to not get violently ill. I’m not easily offended, but this one is close for me to be honest. I’d invite the team to be up all night with an infant screaming in pain, after their first taste of dairy based formula (demanded be given by a clueless pediatrician). Anyway dairy is not something we play around with in my household, and I don’t find this “cute” at all.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    This IS a weird decision. It's like they would add "Left handed" or "Brunette" as something that takes up 1 / 3 of the personality.
    Btw "Vegetarian" shouldn't be a trait either.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I agree, these should go under food preferences and sims should be able to declare them or choose them like they choose eating utensil, or they could make them into challenges. Or even better make them random hidden traits like the fruitcake dislike.
  • Options
    ServalServal Posts: 21 Member
    I was actually really happy that I can make my simself suffer the same way I did with dairy products : D But I do agree that lactose-intolerant and vegetarian, which are diets and not personality traits, should not take up space from actual personality traits :/ That way it would also be easier to add other diets and allergies later on, which would be a nice addition to the game in my opinion. Having my sim be allergic to fish seems like a fun detail to have in the game.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    We need more useful traits. I don’t understand why there’s so few traits compared to Sims 3. Without some expansion and game packs the choice would be less.

I’m lactose intolerant and it’s not one of my traits!

I really miss easily impressed, great kisser, hates the outdoors, technophobe, never nude, over emotional virtuoso traits from 3 etc.
    Even no sense of humour was good in how they reacted to a joke 😂.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    edited July 2021

I don't get that either. Isn't that a health matter? In fact, I always thought it was weird to add vegetarian as a trait as well. I think EA is mixing up preferences for traits to make the game more challenging. Yet, I would rather they use those trait slots for something else like "worry wart or workaholic", and/or _poor decision" maker with friends, mates, or money, lol for ex.
    Post edited by MsKatieRose on
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    There does need to be slightly more trait slots.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • Options
    Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    I think there should be more trait slots, but as someone lactose intolerant myself, honestly I'm really pleased to see it included. Not many think of that! It's really no different than the vegetarian trait. Being vegetarian isn't a personality trait, it's more of a lifestyle option. But, to be available to everyone regardless of what DLCs, I can see why it needs to be a trait instead.

Either way, I'm happy to be included!
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    I too am lactose intolerant and I'm sorry OP I do not agree with you. This should not be removed. Adjusted into something like diet preferences yes if we had a system like that I would shove vegetarian in there as well. Unfortunately, that's not the case. I'm actually glad they added this.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    plutoplumbobplutoplumbob Posts: 47 Member
    I honestly don't mind it being a trait since it at least alters some aspect of my sims' lives other than their emotions - I usually select traits I think will be good for my own story-telling that I make up in my head. Most of my sims' personalities comes from my own imagination because it's hard to have fleshed out behaviour/a full scope of a personality with only traits (no matter how many slots). I do think they should add something in the likes/dislikes that makes it so you can have these aspects as separate details though!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2021
    You are desperately trying to find anything to compare a lacking enzyme with... serious diseases and religions..... okay...
    Can't judge everyone. I have hijabs in my family as well as in the game and I want to keep the lactose trait.
    anyway, not arguing about a literal lactose trait so I'm done here 🤣🤣🤣 I guess that's why we rarely ever get traits in ts4. No one can handle them and after the nerfing they all turn into clone traits. Then you get clone sims...
    Just want to say please no more nerfing devs🙏🙏🙏 thanks in advance
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited July 2021

I understand that things like that are not part of someone's personality, it's a part of life... so I agree that putting things like that next to bookworm and lazy feels a bit wrong...but that's how the game works so I understand why they made lactose intolerant a trait.

I think if the sims team wanted to add more controversial things from real life I would prefer that they were not hidden. The game have a lot of hidden traits that we have no control over and I would prefer to have the choice to include things like that in the game... then you could choose yourself to make it genetic or not. When I age a kid up I often pick one trait from the parents so their traits are sort of genetic.
    Post edited by EA_Mako on
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Eco Lifestyle has asthma??