Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need a Chinese themed expansion pack

StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
edited July 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I would really love to see a Chinese themed world and expansion. Note that I am not Chinese, I just have a few Chinese friends and practiced Mandarin for a while. Please excuse any ignorance and please share your own ideas!

The world could consist of 3 areas, a countryside like Guilin:

Gungxi_IMG_5023-2880x2160.jpg

A city area like Shanghai:

Shanghai-5a824654875db90037d7834a.jpg

And an area that showcases Chinese palaces, like the Forbidden City in Beijing:

852c6a22a86245709dedfa59_cut_1200x750_82.jpg

New foods could include (the game may already have some, I dont have all expansions)
▪︎Hotpot/火锅
▪︎Dumplings/饺子
▪︎Pecking Duck/北京烤鸭
c544b75a1c1c416da0cf885c_893x595.webp
▪︎Sweet and Sour Pork/糖醋里脊
▪︎Kung Pao Chicken/宫保鸡丁
▪︎Congee/白粥
▪︎Bean Paste Buns/豆沙包
▪︎Egg Tart/蛋挞
chinese-egg-tarts-dan-tat-19.jpg
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I really love china. I want to say yes to this but I really don't want anymore real world places. I don't want their creativity to be limited but cultural controversy and the fear of offending anyone. Then we just get dumbed down happy happy land. I want more gritty things along side the happy world. We need multiple ways to play. Evil sims really don't even get anything to do lol

However, real world based places seems to be the direction they are going in. So if they must bring them may as well add China. It's lovely 😍
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    New activities and skills can include:

Guzheng,Chinese zither/ 古筝 skill:
    https://youtu.be/zfgqHwBdsXw

Ping pong/table tennis/乒乓球
    ping.jpg?fit=1200%2C800&ssl=1

Caligraphy skill. Can also be a return of handdrawn art which seems missing in TS4
    c4b34f4a55bd414da11499d1_cut_800x500_7.jpg

• Options
    I really love china. I want to say yes to this but I really don't want anymore real world places. I don't want their creativity to be limited but cultural controversy and the fear of offending anyone. Then we just get dumbed down happy happy land. I want more gritty things along side the happy world. We need multiple ways to play. Evil sims really don't even get anything to do lol

However, real world based places seems to be the direction they are going in. So if they must bring them may as well add China. It's lovely 😍

I think its only a few people who actually have a negative reaction to inspiration from real places, it only get magnified when others who arent bothered see the controversy then it gets bigger than what it was. Besides they have to pull inspiration from somewhere so why not here? Like you say there new expansions are pulling from real life places, like with cottage living. I want more noneuropean/northern american worlds and i hope they can do a chinese inspired one 😁

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member

I think its only a few people who actually have a negative reaction to inspiration from real places, it only get magnified when others who arent bothered see the controversy then it gets bigger than what it was. Besides they have to pull inspiration from somewhere so why not here? Like you say there new expansions are pulling from real life places, like with cottage living. I want more noneuropean/northern american worlds and i hope they can do a chinese inspired one 😁

Agreed. Definitely want more non American worlds and exotic places!! Would love to see this.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Some of this is already in the game, for example, sweet and sour pork and vegetable dumplings came with City Living. Ping Pong came in DU.

However, I would be a fan. I like having different cultures represented in the worlds. Since the places are still fictitious, it still seems like you can do what you want with the location at least in my opinion. I also generally like traveling and experiencing different cultures. It was something that was in previous games as well. TS4 has added some different locations and they are among my favorite packs. It's a good idea to have different types of content but that is definitely a playstyle both for people who want their cultures represented and those who want to send sims to different locations.

The controversy over the shrines was unfortunate but I think that if the reaction is to say, "We shouldn't incorporate different cultures," that would be the wrong attitude. Obviously, there are other things that people want to see in the game but keeping a percentage of cultural activities seems to make sense.

As far as a Chinese world goes, yes, I would be interested. As far as food goes, there's so much variety that I am sure we have only skimmed the surface. I actually also think they should release some Korean content as well. Religion could be addressed in some kind of general update if it is at all. Aside from the different immersive worlds, I agree that they need to focus on "more to do".
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Kung Fu!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited July 2021
    oh I would love chinese palaces and all the ancient build/buy stuff

also they could add some instruments and traditional dance and dragons
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2021
    I was about to say don’t we have that already? Lol. But then I remembered that both San Myshuno and the Snowy Escape world (can’t remember the name) are supposed to represent Japan, not China I think.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Hmm... It would be interesting. While we do have dumplings, it would be great to have more variety (dim sum, dumplings with meat etc).

I liked the world of Shang Simla in The Sims 3. I'll put the link to the wiki page to it for more ideas here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Shang_Simla
    Plus it made me interested in egg rolls.
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    This actually would be great fun I think. It'd be a good way to add more representation for players and their culture, and hopefully there will be more stuff to do as well. Although I wasn't a big fan of the World Adventures pack, Shang Simla back in TS3 looked nice, and I think as you suggest, having both the rural and urban side of things would be pretty neat. Big city lights in one part of the world and the beauty of nature on the other. All this said, this is one of the more interesting world suggestions for me so far.

they/them or she/her
  • Options
    Yeah I dont have all the packs so im sure some things are already ingame. But Chinese history & culture is so rich theres still much that can be explored ingame 😁

• Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I would love a chinese world but I don't think it likely, I think Africa is next in line probably with an Maroccan world
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm circling back to this because maybe partially influenced by this discussion and partly not, I had authentic Chinese food recently. Not to diminish your suggestions at all, some of what we don't have might include noodle dishes, steamed buns/bao, bubble tea, yes, more types of dumplings, Szechuan/Sichuan food and moon cakes. I know there are many regional variations and styles but accounting for rice noodles and wheat noodles which divide the dominant cooking styles is one thing that could happen. From this I also realized that we don't really have Thai food either.

You and anyone else could probably come up with more suggestions. I still also think we should see some Korean culture as well.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Yup those would be cool. I just downloaded some cc to get thai yellow curry in my game and some korean miyeok guk ♡ id also love to see Taiwanese brick toast dessert! Its to die for.

BrickToastHEROCUT-1056fb5ce89b45cb9df60e5fcddefa2f.jpg

Or some baobing for hot summer days 😍
    954b83f5f5ff4233a1f21ac4326261af.jpg?w=600&h=450
    Post edited by StrawberryYogurt on

• Options
    Peral wrote: »
    I would love a chinese world but I don't think it likely, I think Africa is next in line probably with an Maroccan world

I would hope so they do a noneuropean/non norethern american world but who knows lol

• Options
    SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    This actually would be great fun I think. It'd be a good way to add more representation for players and their culture, and hopefully there will be more stuff to do as well. Although I wasn't a big fan of the World Adventures pack, Shang Simla back in TS3 looked nice, and I think as you suggest, having both the rural and urban side of things would be pretty neat. Big city lights in one part of the world and the beauty of nature on the other. All this said, this is one of the more interesting world suggestions for me so far.

Why didnt you like world adventures?
    Ive never played it myself, i wish steam sims 3 would go on sale bu t it never does lol. But i would like to experience shang simla

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Simmingal wrote: »
    oh I would love chinese palaces and all the ancient build/buy stuff

also they could add some instruments and traditional dance and dragons

That would be cool to see!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw1QAcnYw2c&ab_channel=tiezi00

Also a Chinese expansion pack would be perfect for dragons tbh. It's in so much of Chinese lore!
    238900-3790x2527-chinese-dragon.jpg
    GettyImages-1128674080.jpg

• Options
    Also I don't build in TS4 or any of the games (im a player!) but imagine the build possiblities...I don't know whats already ingame that would be useful to build palaces or other Chinese-inspired builds, but looking at these photos you can imagine more tools that could be added:
    60ba0a8609a47644e3431ce9c84fdd57.jpg
    a6405ebf8fb516c47eb1b77f95152f84.jpg
    Dy5G46lX4AAEj9J.jpg
    18-01-2020_21-48-11_resultat.jpg.717a3bed7631eca9d8f2b36aa93e28f2.jpg

• Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member

Frankly Im sick and tired of people who are so outraged over EVERYTHING. They make things so much more unpleasant
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    desnpdesnp Posts: 29 Member
    i personally love adding different cultures into the game and i liked the direction they went in with snowy escape, adding that change from the mostly American worlds already in the game. a Chinese inspired world would definitely be something i'd be excited for :)
  • Options
    desnpdesnp Posts: 29 Member
    > @Peral said:
    > I would love a chinese world but I don't think it likely, I think Africa is next in line probably with an Maroccan world

this would be so exciting and i'd love to see how they'd execute it!!
  • Options
    JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    I would really love this. Have a mix of modern and ancient China, the city and the countryside.
    We need more non-American looking neighbourhoods. It would make the game more appealing to a lot of people. <3
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I would love a mix of modern Asia, inspired by modern cities like Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, and some traditional and rustic locations with temples and maybe the Great Wall. Singapore in particular would be nice as it is a mixture of Chinese, Indian, Malaysian, British influences and traditions. This way we could have both a lion dance and Indian banghra dancers, Indian and Chinese temples, and would mix well with the modern settings of the Sims.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I would love a mix of modern Asia, inspired by modern cities like Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, and some traditional and rustic locations with temples and maybe the Great Wall. Singapore in particular would be nice as it is a mixture of Chinese, Indian, Malaysian, British influences and traditions. This way we could have both a lion dance and Indian banghra dancers, Indian and Chinese temples, and would mix well with the modern settings of the Sims.

That would be amazing@

• Options
    Also adding a few hanfu dresses would look great:

WechatIMG4a4.jpeg

hanfu-male-female-dress-1.jpg

Like others said too a martial arts skill could be nice, also useful for roleplaying any wuxia stories