Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need a Chinese themed expansion pack

2...Next

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Here's an historical fact about China; they were the origins that spawned Japan, Korea & other Asian countries.
    That being said, I wouldn't mind a China World Expansion Pack if it's more historical not modern with it's beautiful culture splendors & Kung Fu Martial Arts. ;)
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited July 2021
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Here's an historical fact about China; they were the origins that spawned Japan, Korea & other Asian countries.
    That being said, I wouldn't mind a China World Expansion Pack if it's more historical not modern with it's beautiful culture splendors & Kung Fu Martial Arts. ;)

Just so you know, your first sentence is super controversial/offensive. China did not spawn Korea or Japan. :# It influenced aspects of their writing systems, but Japan, Korea and China are all very different. Even China itself is incredibly diverse with a ton of different cultures.

I think it would be nice to have another East Asian pack, but I think the only regions that get multiple packs are North America and Western Europe.
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    haneul wrote: »

Just so you know, your first sentence is super controversial/offensive. China did not spawn Korea or Japan. :# It influenced aspects of their writing systems, but Japan, Korea and China are all very different. Even China itself is incredibly diverse with a ton of different cultures.

I think it would be nice to have another East Asian pack, but I think the only regions that get multiple packs are North America and Western Europe.

No offense, but I think @SERVERFRA didn’t know that China did NOT spawn Japan, Korea and other Asian countries. I think she needs to be cut some slack on this issue. I admit, I don’t know too much about China either. So yeah, in my opinion, we shouldn’t be so hard on her. Sometimes people get misinformed when it comes to countries, states and other things geography wise. Not their fault.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

I hope they do expand their mind on this, having majority NA or Western Europe worlds can get boring. We were gifted with a beautiful big Earth with so many cultures 🌍🌎🌏💛
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
    EliteGirl wrote: »

No offense, but I think @SERVERFRA didn’t know that China did NOT spawn Japan, Korea and other Asian countries. I think she needs to be cut some slack on this issue. I admit, I don’t know too much about China either. So yeah, in my opinion, we shouldn’t be so hard on her. Sometimes people get misinformed when it comes to countries, states and other things geography wise. Not their fault.

@EliteGirl I didn't mean to be hard on them. I just wanted to warn them and was trying to point it out as something to refrain from saying again because it's really offensive and not true.

Anyway, I think that EA should continue making packs based on different places. The game is more fun when we have a variety of places to travel. A Chinese based pack or a north African based pack would be great.

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    And this is why they should NOT make a pack based on ANY real country.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina

I think this is unfair though. The game is based on the US. Sometimes it's hard to see that if you're American, but the more not-American :D you are, the easier it is to see that. Other countries' cultures should also be represented because the Sims 4 is sold in other countries too and having different worlds is fun.

Because the game is so American and the people making it are often also so American sometimes they make mistakes with other cultures, but that doesn't mean they should stop trying. It's best to just admit to any mistakes, try your best, and move on. Mt. Komorebi is a gorgeous world. Mt. Komorebi also isn't Japan - it's Japan-inspired, just like Willow Creek, Del Sol Valley etc. etc. etc. are US-inspired.

Every world is inspired from some realy world country...

• DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    I don't think I would have much fun with such pack personally. I've used to live in Beijing for 4 years, which I see as 4 wasted years in my life because of lot of bad experiences I had had there. Although I love the meals beijing duck and dumpling and of course celebrating the chinese new year, but I know how you are threatened there, you are seen as stupid and easy betrayable laowai, when you don't and speak like a real chinese from that place. Drivers who don't care about their surrounding and drive over pedestrian. And the everlasting smog, which makes me now cough every time I see a picture from Beijing and which has shortened my life already.

Although I think I would buy it on sale for the build/buy mode items, they are mostly beautiful, but I won't play in a chinese inspired village/city for sure, I already had that experience.
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited July 2021
    No offense but I also would NOT have fun playing a Chinese expansion pack. It doesn’t appeal to me.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Is The Sims 4 banned in China? They banned The Sims Freeplay in 2018 for depicting same-sex relationships. Posts on AHQ indicate China residents need to use a VPN to download the game. Can anyone confirm whether it’s legal there?

The Sims 2 was banned in 2005 for “corrupting the youth”
    https://www.theregister.com/2005/01/26/china_game_ban/

For a country that has a history of such distaste for the franchise, I’m surprised China was even part of The Sims 3 World Adventures. My feelings is that if EA can’t sell the game to China they’re not going to make a pack based on it.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone. I actual learned about the information in the true history of the Asians. I keep forgetting that many people dislike China. It's not in my nature to dislike any cultures & it's very sad that so many people hate different cultures.
    Daravi wrote: »
    I don't think I would have much fun with such pack personally. I've used to live in Beijing for 4 years, which I see as 4 wasted years in my life because of lot of bad experiences I had had there. Although I love the meals beijing duck and dumpling and of course celebrating the chinese new year, but I know how you are threatened there, you are seen as stupid and easy betrayable laowai, when you don't and speak like a real chinese from that place. Drivers who don't care about their surrounding and drive over pedestrian. And the everlasting smog, which makes me now cough every time I see a picture from Beijing and which has shortened my life already.

Although I think I would buy it on sale for the build/buy mode items, they are mostly beautiful, but I won't play in a chinese inspired village/city for sure, I already had that experience.

Sorry you had a bad experience, but im sure any pack released won't come with prejudice of foreigners. There is a bit of pollution in eco life i think though lol;; Build buy with Chinese inspired stuff could look really cool

babajayne wrote: »

For a country that has a history of such distaste for the franchise, I’m surprised China was even part of The Sims 3 World Adventures. My feelings is that if EA can’t sell the game to China they’re not going to make a pack based on it.

If this is accurate you may have a point lol

EliteGirl wrote: »
    No offense but I also would NOT have fun playing a Chinese expansion pack. It doesn’t appeal to me.

Np just doesnt float your boat

• Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited July 2021
    I always hope when I back to TS4, I can make my ancient Chinese ghost from TS3 return to TS4 more like ancient Chinese people
    babajayne wrote: »
    Is The Sims 4 banned in China? They banned The Sims Freeplay in 2018 for depicting same-sex relationships. Posts on AHQ indicate China residents need to use a VPN to download the game. Can anyone confirm whether it’s legal there?

The Sims 2 was banned in 2005 for “corrupting the youth”
    https://www.theregister.com/2005/01/26/china_game_ban/

I think not, and this aspect is actually closer to turn a blind eye. Many times, as long as there's no big deal, nothing will happen
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited July 2021
  • VeganisinizVeganisiniz Posts: 51 Member
    I'd love a Chinese themed world! I'd say it would be a good time for EA to add a functional tea set, but given the previous missed opportunities of SE, CO kit, and CoL, I doubt that they would add one.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I would like to have a pack like this
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    I'd love a Chinese themed world! I'd say it would be a good time for EA to add a functional tea set, but given the previous missed opportunities of SE, CO kit, and CoL, I doubt that they would add one.

I hope they will one day!