Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread 🐓

Comments

• Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I want to add that this pack thus far reminds me of Heidi. I love Heidi.

Which I guess in place of sheep we get Llamas. Which I'm super happy to see as it befits the Sims.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    JestTru wrote: »
    I want to add that this pack thus far reminds me of Heidi. I love Heidi.

Which I guess in place of sheep we get Llamas. Which I'm super happy to see as it befits the Sims.

I love that story! Maybe I'll make a new family based on the book. Heidi and her grandfather.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    This pack needs to come faster, with all these amazing tidbits it's hard to wait! I do hope they do livestreams and such somewhat soon.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm Conflicted now, I have two Families... House Halcyon, the Royal Family, and then there is House Hoggarth a Farming Family.
    Both Currently Reside in Windenburg, Hoggarth Castle on the Country Side, and Halcyon Castle, on the Island.

When I get this Pack I feel Like I should move House Halcyon and their Castle should move into this world, and Give Windenburg over to the Hoggarth family. After hearing that this pack comes with a One 64x64 Lot. I could easily convert this world into A capital city...

Or Do Shift Hoggarth Family into this new world, as it is a farming world and give Windenburg over to the Royal family, putting them onto the Country side, rather than the island. Perhaps, Temporarily Give the Island to the Charmont's a Spellcasting family... as they are the only noble family with a 50x50 lot, rather than a 64x64... Ugh, I'm probably going to end up matching which Castle best fits the scenery. I'll be stumped if they all look pretty darn good. or what if None of them look good in that world...
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    SimGuruRomeo didn't give the lot size for the home near the waterfall but he did say it was a starter lot.

• Options
    aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I just realized a plus to the animals being tied to items: maybe we can make a petting zoo community lot with them? Instead of having to own the animal or visit another sim's farm, you can have a small petting zoo inside your local park.

That's a great idea!
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • Options
    JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    Love the look of this pack so much. It just screams Hobbiton to me. And that's exactly what I want! One of the Sims in the trailer could totally pass for Samwise.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Haven't seen one piece of concrete road so far. Remember the roads and huge parking spots outside the lots in the magical world. I was going to turn that into a more "old-world-story" but that idea was scrapped. Windenburg Island is still the champion in that sense for me. This new world looks like it will be easier to do some historical play in. A few mods for tech and I might just make it happen.

Yes! I was expecting to be able to have my decades sims start in the magical world, whatever it is named, but it looked ridiculous. This world looks PERFECT and the assets and game play are going to add so much to historical challenges.

Oh yes! I've been wanting to start a Decades Challenge save, and was thinking of Brindleton Bay as the place to start, but I think that Henford on Bagley would be perfect for it.

Is it July 22nd yet? :D
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    I only recently bought TS3, and had just about decided not to buy TS4.

Now that I've seen this, I'm rethinking my decision.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I hope we can get an interactive map soon with all premades, so I can plan ahead!!!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I am excited. I was a bit confused at first by your initial post calling the pack GP, but know you meant EP. Hard to keep track with all these pack types. It meets my expectations.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Does anyone think there might be anything special added to the gnomes in the game with this pack, or am I being silly? Remember how in Makin' Magic sims could enchant their garden gnomes to take care of their gardens (of course if the spell went wrong they would destroy it instead). Perhaps that new gnome with the sunflowers on his hat can bless the garden or something? This is probably really reaching, since I know a guru confirmed that there were no new occults in this pack ...
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    No occults just makes this pack more attractive. Sorry, occult players.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Maybe the Gnome isn't an occult but has an aura for the gardening? And don't all the gnomes have a life of their own in a sense and constantly move around? I think the Gnome is adorable so definitely want him by my garden.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited June 2021

Too bad. :(
    At least now we know. Maybe we can get a fall GP with an occult. By then it will have been two years since RoM.

• Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Cottage Living in conjunction with Realm of Magic, Get Together and Seasons will be amazing! I can’t wait to start building proper spellcaster cottages eeekk!

I’m so excited for the pack that I just pre-ordered it!
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    Fairytale village with all the different ones like the wood witch in Hansel and Gretel!
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member

I can’t wait to check out the new world.

Henford-on-Bagley, this spot is reserved for you.
    Worlds.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I am so excited for this pack! I have been wanting a farm pack for the sims 4, and it is finally here!

Things I'm most excited for:
    - Living off the land/simple living lot challenge
    - The build items: thatched cottages, stone walls for fences, the kitchen set and clutter, the fireplace, I could go on...
    - Cooking and gardening are some of the things I really enjoy in the sims, so I look forward to the new crops and new recipes. I was a little disappointed to learn that there are no actual supermarkets, just a stall, similar to the one already in City Living, but at least we have another option now for acquiring ingredients.
    - Llamas, and their wool can be used for knitting! The cows and chickens are great too, but I was not expecting llamas!
    - I like the idea of free-roaming bunnies and birds, and hopefully they can be placed in other worlds as well. Granite Falls can definitely use more of these critters!
    - Cooking as a group and going on picnics.

I'd like to know more about the new garden plot. Can we plant any of the existing plants and trees in there as well, or are they only for the oversized crops? I really hope that we can plant anything in there, and that these plots are not affected by the current gardening bugs a lot of players are experiencing.

I hope that there will be more interactions with foxes, and they are not limited to just trying to steal eggs and chickens? I'd always been disappointed that the 'pet' foxes are just dogs, so it would be great to befriend a fox that actually behaves like one.

I noticed in the trailer that the same sim got pooped on by a bird and was also attacked later on by a hen. I can't help but wonder if there is a trait opposite to the animal enthusiast? That would actually be hilarious, to have a sim like this on the farm. Btw,why is farming not considered a career?

• Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Does anyone know if the Sulani Mana ability to enhance the quality of harvestables will impact the crops for the contests?
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I want to know how the roofs work!
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2021
    This pic just puts a smile on my face--nicely captured Sim family life. I hope you take a pic of grandma on her farm after Cottage Living is released.
    Simtanium wrote: »
    Ryan and Anna are visiting their Grandmother's house in Windenburg. They can't wait to see her new animals next month. o:)

pZqtMDv.png
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    This pic just puts a smile on my face--nicely captured Sim family life. I hope you take a pic of grandma on her farm after Cottage Living is released.

Thank you. I will. :blush:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top