Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread 🐓

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    emere wrote: »

But I have a one criticism and one concern:

-As a supernatural player I always want a new occult, so the "marketing teasing" with fairies was unnecessary, even disrespectful :/ Marketing team, next time you must be more empathic!

As someone who also wants more occults, the only "teasing" I saw about Fairies in this pack was people hopeful for fairies taking things out of context and running with it. No shade, I even did it myself once or twice when I wasn't grumpy about the hypothetical fairies being shallow. But marketing and the gurus never intentionally hinted at something that wasn't there.

Thinking positively about the pack, it has done something that an American Midwest setting would have failed at - gotten me anticipating a Farming pack. And while "hyped" or "excited" are still fairly strong words for how I feel about the farming aspects of Cottage Living, I'm very excited for the rest of it. Especially the world. And the bunnies.

When I run through my test save, I'm totally using a spellcaster with pointy ears.

And when (I'm hopeful) we do get Fairies, they will be invading Henford-on-Bagley in my game (and a few premades may turn out to be changelings.)

• Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    I almost forgot about this. Something else to add to the farm. :)

Kq3Shi0.png
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Yes beehives! And patchy too - I wonder if he would scare off the fox? LOL
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Rando comment from looking at other threads - I'm seeing some comments in other threads about how this really isn't a farming pack. I disagree, this is just not the type of farm those people were envisioning. I guess they were hoping for some kind of industrial sized operation with huge stables, milking machines, acres and acres of things growing. While that's definitely a farm, this to me is too. Both of my grandfathers were farmers, one had a 4 acre farm and one had a 200 acre farm. They were very different; one was more for a personal farm that had no animals, and one was more of a small scale local business order. They were very different from the large scale operations that retailers depend on supply for. All of that is farming. I wouldn't have been unhappy having something larger, but I wasn't set on it being the only thing that I would consider a farm.

@jcp011c2 I totally agree that this can be considered a farming pack. I look forward to being able to farm. Some of my in game gardens look like farms.

@kristenleighwhite and @OEII1001 I look forward to seeing how occults mesh with the pack too. For merfolk and elementals, I can see some things working really well.

I'm a big merfolk player, so I'm excited about additional swimming areas, but I'm disappointed about not having swimable ponds. I was disappointed that hot springs weren't swimmable in Snowy Escape.

I think elementals will be at home with bigger gardens! At least the Elementals that are Earth themed.
  • Options
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    I'd buy this pack just for kids being able to cook with their parents.
    that right there is so truly awesome I really cannot wait!

@Ellupelluellu and @Mstybl95 That is a cool feature of the pack!
  • Options
    vichasnosoulvichasnosoul Posts: 8 New Member
    I don't think I've ever been so excited for a pack... and it's arriving on my birthday! Seriously can't wait <3
  • Options
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I got this new Expansion Pack in my head that I went to try to duplicate the Cottage Farm. However, it ended up getting a life of it's own. Let's just say, it's called Over The Rainbow Farm & of corse I had the silly song stuck in my head, so instead of trying to recreate the farmers in the new pack I just had to make my Zelena & Dorothy. I typed a little story with them & their farm. It's in the Gallery under SEREFRAS, if anyone is interested. ;)
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    Simtanium wrote: »
    I think the Country Kitchen and Country Living kitchens don't actually look alike, it's just that they're in the same style and colour scheme.

LdkCDY3.png

wqcwN86.png

Ohh that looks like a smeg fridge!

And the stove looks like an AGA:

30amp-Aga-range-cooker-enamelled-4-oven-_-by-Blake-_-Bull-4.jpg
  • Options
    Not sure if this is the right thread, but I'm super excited so I'm posting this here anyway.

What acronym are we using for this pack? Previously everything was just shortened to the initials but now City Living and Cottage Living are both CL. Has City Living claimed CL and Cottage Living has to be something else? Or both could change? Like CgL and CyL ? Idk. I foresee lots of confusion lol. Given these tags are used on official bug reports I wonder if Maxis have decided.

Small thought but I haven't seen anyone discuss it anywhere but it didn't seem worth a new thread.

On the other hand, I can't wait for this pack! I hope we get blogs and other trailers and live streams and everything soonish as I want more info now. I also hope they do an interactive map again as that was awesome.

I've been using CO when talking to friends.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    I play with merfolk mostly, so I'm super excited about another place to swim, and all my merfolk have max singing, so I'm curious to see what the animals will do when a sim can actually sing.

I'm also excited about the farming and farm animals. I do enjoy gardening, and I might make a vacation home in the new world for my merfolk! I have an Elemental that might be able to grow some awesome crops!

I accidentally started another positive thread, so I thought I would share it here.

By the way, what kind of music will the pack add to the radio station?

I'd love Britpop or Celtic Folk.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Hopefully my sims can finally own a proper grocery store. I’m hopeful for some decent shelves.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Hopefully my sims can finally own a proper grocery store. I’m hopeful for some decent shelves.

There are no grocery stores. 😕

• Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member

Yea it sucks they didn’t make one but hopefully I can use the GTW EP to make it.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    GirafHuntr wrote: »

I hope the new woohoo spot is a haystack. :D

I wonder if the new woohoo spot is the barns for the cows
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

There is a shop that looks like a grocery store right behind the pumpkin and vegetables stall, wonder why they added it if all the gameplay comes from the vegetables stall? I wonder if our sims will even be able to own the stall or if they want to sell vegetables they will need to use the sale table or buy a shop?

ep11screen-80.jpg
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    GirafHuntr wrote: »

I hope the new woohoo spot is a haystack. :D

I wonder if the new woohoo spot is the barns for the cows

I think it’s going to be the haystacks, they look kinda like the dumpsters from eco so they could just reuse the animation
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    This song should be in the pack...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOSseI1hao8
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @calaprfy Awww... I've always had a special place in my life for Chas and Dave... in the dustbin.
  • Options
    Off today. Ready and waiting for some new info. 😄
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Are people expecting more pack information this week?
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    @calaprfy Awww... I've always had a special place in my life for Chas and Dave... in the dustbin.

@elanorbreton Me too. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Kironide wrote: »

Hoping.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2021
    I was hoping that this song The Worzels "I've got a brand new Combine Harvester" might be more apt but at least Arnie's mod has a tractor!

• Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Kironide wrote: »

Hoping.

Me too. Roll on, 4pm, GST. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top