Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread 🐓

Comments

• dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I think they’re saving horses for a medieval themed pack. They would make a lot more sense in a pack like that IMO!
    I would love that. In TS3 we had Into The Future and in TS4 Into The Past.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    MyriadSims wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'd love it if playing darts was added as a like or dislike as it's a staple in any old fashioned British pub. Then I could start a Darts playing club!

@Simburian We've had darts since university i believe

I know that, yes and sometimes I wondered why they put it in at all. It needed a lot of space but every old British pub has/had its Dart team with visiting clubs vying to become the best in the district. There's a lot of etiquette associated with it. This is the right pack for it. I see it as Darts coming home! :)

Of course they could add dominoes and pub quizzes and loads of other stuff too. Trouble is we now have to put up with karaoke and pub food as well these days here.

• GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I think they’re saving horses for a medieval themed pack. They would make a lot more sense in a pack like that IMO!
    I would love that. In TS3 we had Into The Future and in TS4 Into The Past.

Haha I want both themes!
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    This is all great. Farming isn't something that I wanted, but in reading all of this I've found a lot of stuff that I will use. I may even move my vampires out to the country.

Late-stage packs tend to be mishmashes of stuff that didn't make the cut for previous packs, but this is a very coherent and well-executed theme. I'm really looking forward to this.
  • pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Miss Crumplebottom will be playable? And her handbag? Are we getting handbags? Anyone knows?
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I literally screamed at everything I saw in the trailer and I'm a 26 year old woman 🤣, the handbag whacking Queen is back!! There's cute bunnies that remind me of Peter rabbit, picnic baskets and oh my yes cows and llamas 😊
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I'd love it if playing darts was added as a like or dislike as it's a staple in any old fashioned British pub. Then I could start a Darts playing club!

I've had a darts playing club set up since darts and clubs came with GT
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

I've had a darts playing club set up since darts and clubs came with GT

Never been inspired to do that before myself though! :D
    I'm finally excited about something new for Sims 4!
    I've been wanting the "farming" pack since s4 inception and it's finally. Finally. Here.

It looks good.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I've been wanting the "farming" pack since s4 inception and it's finally. Finally. Here.

It looks good.

@fullspiral missed you. ☺️ Hope it's good enough to keep you playing.

It looks good.

@fullspiral missed you. ☺️ Hope it's good enough to keep you playing.

Missed you too! I do stop in to read sometimes. This is the first thing in a long time that has gotten me to sign in and post! I'mlooking forward to hearing more about this EP.
    Life has been busy, (sold house, moved, renovating new one, working, etc)
    But thinking about this makes me want to fire up the game and play a cute couple who I think deserve to be my family in Henford On Bagley

• Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    I play with merfolk mostly, so I'm super excited about another place to swim, and all my merfolk have max singing, so I'm curious to see what the animals will do when a sim can actually sing.

I'm also excited about the farming and farm animals. I do enjoy gardening, and I might make a vacation home in the new world for my merfolk! I have an Elemental that might be able to grow some awesome crops!

I accidentally started another positive thread, so I thought I would share it here.

By the way, what kind of music will the pack add to the radio station?
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    With NPC Mrs. Crumplebottom and Kim Goldbloom I hope this is the start of NPCs returning that have separate behaviors from other sims! I don't want Mrs. Crumplebottom feeling flirty or confident or inspired. Keep her as a cantankerous old lady who gives you a beatdown with a purse! Also, I wonder what kind of personality Kim will have. I hope she also does not function like a regular sim. Think of these characters like ones you'd encounter on a journey in an RPG game. I think that will breathe new life into the game!
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    MyriadSims wrote: »

@Simburian We've had darts since university i believe

I know that, yes and sometimes I wondered why they put it in at all. It needed a lot of space but every old British pub has/had its Dart team with visiting clubs vying to become the best in the district. There's a lot of etiquette associated with it. This is the right pack for it. I see it as Darts coming home! :)

Of course they could add dominoes and pub quizzes and loads of other stuff too. Trouble is we now have to put up with karaoke and pub food as well these days here.

If I recall correctly, there's a "Pub Games" option for club activities, so it would make sense for that to be a like/dislike option as well. (I think that's just darts and the foosball table? Possibly cards as well?)
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    It is in the middle of the night over here but I had to swing by and just look at the new stuff before going to bed. This pack has me so excited, just want to take my little sim-family and ship them over right now.

Haven't seen one piece of concrete road so far. Remember the roads and huge parking spots outside the lots in the magical world. I was going to turn that into a more "old-world-story" but that idea was scrapped. Windenburg Island is still the champion in that sense for me. This new world looks like it will be easier to do some historical play in. A few mods for tech and I might just make it happen.

Really looking forward to having all these animals on offer. Sometimes when I am really tired it is nice to just play an loner sim with a cat or a dog. Just add a nice little garden and write a bit while the seasons go by. Adding more pets to have social time with but you don't have to talk to actual people. Wonderful!!

In RL I am either in very outgoing-mode or hermit-mode. My inner hermit really enjoys time in Sulani or a nice little place with a cottage :)
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    They took everything I thought I'd want in a backyard farming pack (though with llamas instead of sheep), set it in the British countryside which I love, and then added children cooking and needlepoint. If they had set out to make an EP just for me they would only have needed to add werewolves.
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Haven't seen one piece of concrete road so far. Remember the roads and huge parking spots outside the lots in the magical world. I was going to turn that into a more "old-world-story" but that idea was scrapped. Windenburg Island is still the champion in that sense for me. This new world looks like it will be easier to do some historical play in. A few mods for tech and I might just make it happen.

Yes! I was expecting to be able to have my decades sims start in the magical world, whatever it is named, but it looked ridiculous. This world looks PERFECT and the assets and game play are going to add so much to historical challenges.
  • OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    I play with merfolk mostly, so I'm super excited about another place to swim, and all my merfolk have max singing, so I'm curious to see what the animals will do when a sim can actually sing.

I'm also excited about the farming and farm animals. I do enjoy gardening, and I might make a vacation home in the new world for my merfolk! I have an Elemental that might be able to grow some awesome crops!

I accidentally started another positive thread, so I thought I would share it here.

By the way, what kind of music will the pack add to the radio station?

No idea. I'm curious too, but haven't heard anything. Some people were calling for American Country music to come with a farming pack, but that hardly fits now. I'm calling "Traditional English Drinking Songs". :lol: That would be fun and would be another thing to anger CrumpleBottom.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member

We got darts -- and clubs -- in Get Together. And the bars in Windenburg look kind of like pubs.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I like and pleasantly surprised they announced it this early.

Gives me something to look forward to honestly. So far I love everything I see and I'm looking forward to learning more about it.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,774 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »

We got darts -- and clubs -- in Get Together. And the bars in Windenburg look kind of like pubs.

Yes, but what I understood, @Simburian hopes darts to be added to likes/dislikes :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top